• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
In before the dark angel is revealed as Samael.

GungHo USA doesn't strike me as the most literary of translators. They might not even notice.

Have you noticed that Alraune and Archangel don't follow the pattern the other three healer girls do, where their 5* evolution is named the same as their 4* evolution except with a title tacked on? That's because in JP, they do follow that pattern. Alraune is like "Alraune the Spirit of the Forest" and Archangel is "Angel the Apostle of Heaven".

Meanwhile they translated the 6* Gods as literal as they possibly could. "Awoken Odin"? That's barely a verb conjugation.

Caerith

Have you noticed that Alraune and Archangel don't follow the pattern the other three healer girls do, where their 5* evolution is named the same as their 4* evolution except with a title tacked on? That's because in JP, they do follow that pattern. Alraune is like "Alraune the Spirit of the Forest" and Archangel is "Angel the Apostle of Heaven".

Meanwhile they translated the 6* Gods as literal as they possibly could. "Awoken Odin"? That's barely a verb conjugation.
I did notice. I assume that, at first, GH USA was trying to do a quality translation and that's why we got Dryad/Mandrake/Alraune, but then they realized it was harder to do that for everything and, bam, google translate. I wondered, too, why they went with Hades (when all the other gods he's with are Roman, so it would be Pluto). And, with 5.0, I wondered why blue Hera is Hera-Is (seriously, wtf), and how Brachys evolves into Prachys, but by now I just assume that their USA branch is just phoning it in.

Caerith

Might be giving GungHo too much credit: http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=ice

Otherwise, I don't care too much if they goof on translation if it means updates come quicker. Sure, it'd be nice to have both...
Way too much credit. Hera's Greek, that's a Germanic etymology. (Nice find, though!)

Seriously though, I'm not turning to GungHo for a classical education, so just bring on the updates. Is it too much to ask for 5.1 next week (with 14 days of free stones and a godfest) followed by 5.2 two weeks after that (with 14 days of free stones and a godfest)?

Narras

After wasting 3 tries dying on Sky Dragon of Darkness - Master, I finally completed it and luckily had Night Dragon Elysion drop. No one on my friend list have Amaterasu Ohkami, so most of my wasted attempts were trying out teams that might have worked.

J0dy77's post recommending a Siren, the Enchanter as a sub really helped me out to figure a team to use.

The team I used
Chaos Devil Dragon [48]
-Meteor Volcano Dragon [31]
-Noble Mechdragon Regulus [24]
-Wind Mechdragon Canopus [32]
-Siren, the Enchanter [56 Max Skill]

Siren, the Enchanter [59 Max Skill]

Anyways, this team can make it to the boss, but once you get to there, you're basically spamming the skills of both Sirens trying to stay alive as you're recharging your nukes. You can probably replace the mechdragons with rippers if you don't have them. I hope my post helps someone looking for another way to complete the dungeon.

BlueSteel

After wasting 3 tries dying on Sky Dragon of Darkness - Master, I finally completed it and luckily had Night Dragon Elysion drop. No one on my friend list have Amaterasu Ohkami, so most of my wasted attempts were trying out teams that might have worked.

J0dy77's post recommending a Siren, the Enchanter as a sub really helped me out to figure a team to use.

The team I used
Chaos Devil Dragon [48]

Anyways, this team can make it to the boss, but once you get to there, you're basically spamming the skills of both Sirens trying to stay alive as you're recharging your nukes. You can probably replace the mechdragons with rippers if you don't have them. I hope my post helps someone looking for another way to complete the dungeon.

I beat it, but no drop X|

raiot

Oh my... What bad luck! Did Sky Dragon Master 400 xp before levelup to get the most xp before the stamina refill and was killed in round 4 after getting 3 rounds of 4 devils in a row... And this is with Blackflags 99 Amaterasu and a Strong Dark Team with Dark/Light Hades as Leader! FUCK YOU DEVILS! :)

J0dy77

New details about 5.11 for JP:
http://www.puzzledragons.com/2013/03/ver-511.html

In addition to the actual Demon monsters that got left out of 5.1, they're introducing an "Angel" type. I'm guessing they'll be dual-typing random shit to have Angel type too. They're adding a cycle of Archangels (not the Archangel healder girl, GungHo USA is probably kicking themselves for mistranslating her right about now) from Christian mythology. Raphael/Gabriel/etc.

Man it sucks playing the read headed step child to the Japanese version. I want more content!!!! MOREEEE!!! :)

Very interested to see what we get next week with the Skydragons being over.

The team I used
Chaos Devil Dragon [48]

Awesome Congrats! Glad I could help. Reading posts likes these makes me enjoy the game so much more (great community in this thread).

It seems like people overlook Siren as a party member quite often. When you're not using an ADK or damage bonus team she's a much better choice over rippers and other low RCV mobs. A 5 turn heal to full and the ability to stay at consistently higher HP due to her RCV should trump most pure atk mobs.

MicH

I also noticed the name "Hera-Is" especially as I'm from Denmark where is means.. ice. Seems kind of weird for her to carry a Scandinavian/Germanic name for ice in her name as she isn't related to the mythology of these regions at all.

Also Sapphire dragons today? My box is weeping ;( I have no more room, man!How come they are so good to us with all these lovely dragons?

J0dy77

I'm at a crossroad, need GAF's help. Once 5.0 came out and I pulled Horus, I put everything on hold and started building around that team. However, I haven't fallen in love with it and it seems very specialized for boss mob type fights and high HP (which I don't have). I'm debating if I should put it on hold and level my Valk team in preparation for Hera. I don't want to miss an opportunity to get her the next time they open that dungeon.

Here's the two teams currently (I use Isis leader friend for blue on the Horus team):

IBXZBh7l.png

yVwPesll.png

My focus for a while has been on getting Vampire lord evolved (the new evo looks badass) and his stats are amazing. Yesterday I threw a bunch of levels into Enchidna (she's really a great monster for so many teams with the delay). Thinking I should focus on getting lilith to around 50 and evolving Valk now? What's everyone's thoughts?

MicH

I really have to start working on my Valk Hera team. I can easily build it, I have all the components. I just need to leve stuff like my Valk, Echidna, my second Siren (who I also need to max skill oh god) and Lillith. It's just so hard to get the motivation for it when you don't know when it's coming and when you do, you have like.. 12 hours to prepare everything :(

J0dy77

I really have to start working on my Valk Hera team. I can easily build it, I have all the components. I just need to leve stuff like my Valk, Echidna, my second Siren (who I also need to max skill oh god) and Lillith. It's just so hard to get the motivation for it when you don't know when it's coming and when you do, you have like.. 12 hours to prepare everything :(

The first Siren was really lucky for me. Took maybe 20 total without a 2x event. The second one has been a nightmare. I did at least 50 so far and a lot during 2x, can't get the final 2 skill ups.

Anyone know why it keeps saying 'Today Only' on the news section for the gem dragons? I guess they are keeping Jeweled (3x color's a day) and just spoiling us with the 1xcolor a day thing for now?

Kosh

[US] Sapphire Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 3/26/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 11:00 16:00 21:00
B: 12:00 17:00 22:00
C: 8:00 13:00 18:00
D: 9:00 14:00 19:00
E: 10:00 15:00 20:00

I'm at a crossroad, need GAF's help. Once 5.0 came out and I pulled Horus, I put everything on hold and started building around that team. However, I haven't fallen in love with it and it seems very specialized for boss mob type fights and high HP (which I don't have). I'm debating if I should put it on hold and level my Valk team in preparation for Hera. I don't want to miss an opportunity to get her the next time they open that dungeon.

Here's the two teams currently (I use Isis leader friend for blue on the Horus team):

IBXZBh7l.png

yVwPesll.png

My focus for a while has been on getting Vampire lord evolved (the new evo looks badass) and his stats are amazing. Yesterday I threw a bunch of levels into Enchidna (she's really a great monster for so many teams with the delay). Thinking I should focus on getting lilith to around 50 and evolving Valk now? What's everyone's thoughts?
No blue monster on your Horus team?

If you wanted to evolve Valk you'd better have a lot of feeders prepared to get her back above 1800 HP immediately.

Yaari

Yeah, I just completed Rainbow Keeper on my alt Horus account, and used 2 Magic Stones for it. I don't really care too much since I wont play it too serious. He did 22k damage so I was going to get 1 shot unless I made an entire different team.

Horus is fun but if you mess up once you are going to pay with stones. I am going to settle with a Zeus team.

ToxicAdam

[US] Sapphire Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 3/26/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 11:00 16:00 21:00
B: 12:00 17:00 22:00
C: 8:00 13:00 18:00
D: 9:00 14:00 19:00
E: 10:00 15:00 20:00

All group b'ers rejoice, today is our day.

1st drop on the Skydragon Master. woot. He seemed to take a lot longer than the others.

So what is the general feeling between all these 'special' dragons between which is better, etc.

Seems like there are Rippers, Skydragon, MechDragon, and 'Whiskey' right?

Yaari

Skydragons are just pointless IMO. Take a huge amount of exp to become relevant. Rippers servers their own purpose with the Resist, and anyone should have them. I do believe that Mechdragons can be better subs though.

As for Whiskey dragons I dont know anything about them.

Skydragons are just pointless IMO. Take a huge amount of exp to become relevant. Rippers servers their own purpose with the Resist, and anyone should have them. I do believe that Mechdragons can be better subs though.

As for Whiskey dragons I dont know anything about them.

I tend to agree, the team cost is just brutal it's hard to roster these. I just started being able to throw my mech dragon in w/ rippers (lvl 97). I think the Whiskey's are higher.

I have found the leader skill useful for the Skydragons, especially running gem dungeons when you don't have a god or buff leader. Agree on their stats though, pretty bad.

J0dy77

No blue monster on your Horus team?

If you wanted to evolve Valk you'd better have a lot of feeders prepared to get her back above 1800 HP immediately.

I don't really run Horus/Horus teams, it's just too inconsistent. I mostly run horus with an Isis friend leader. If I was going to go Horus/Horus I'd dump ench or valk for Viper Orochi.

ran 2 keeper runs came out with 4 keeps of all different colors. which was pretty much my shopping list for keepers this week. now i just need a ton of mythlits.

MicH

Don't forget the Legendary dragons who, when in their ultimate form have an active skill that does 40x ATK damage. Pretty damn powerful!

It's so terrible when you're 4 levels away from max lvl so you can evolve a monster and you have NOTHING to level it up the last bit. Where are my damn dragon plants!? :(

Just had Spinon drop for me on expert Whiskeydragon. So it's definitely possible to get the light/dark starters outside of the LV20 present, it's just stupid rare.

Just had Spinon drop for me on expert Whiskeydragon. So it's definitely possible to get the light/dark starters outside of the LV20 present, it's just stupid rare.

But that is in the Whiskeydragon dungeons. In the previous 6* dragon dungeons in the US edition the dark and light starter have not been floor 5 mini bosses, so they have not been available to be farmed.

But it is good to know that eventually we will be able to get them. I personally love my D'Spinas

IBXZBh7l.png

yVwPesll.png

Let's build up our Valk teams, Jody. I've got a Horus, too, but I don't have good enough subs. He's doing great as a sub on my Fire team, though.

Here's mine:

edit: our 2nd Sirens are the same lol

edit 2: I made it up to Hera in endless with this build. I got really absent minded and flubbed a heart match though. I'll try again when I've depleted my stamina.

ParityBit

So I just got the Dark dragon to drop on Master (and leveled). I need the succubus now. Should I run Master again or should I run Expert?

daemissary

So I just got the Dark dragon to drop on Master (and leveled). I need the succubus now. Should I run Master again or should I run Expert?

I ran it like 6 times on Expert with no drop then moved up and ran it like 4 times on Master before my Succubus finally dropped. I would recommend just running Master.

Master. I got all the healers so far, the drop rate seems great. Really want a light and dark knight though, haven't even seen one in any of my runs of all the skydragons.

TimeKillr

So all of you guys are working with Great Valk + 2 Sirens + Echidna + Lilith as your healer teams?

I was thinking of using 2 Echidnas instead of an Echidna and a Lilith - obviously Lilith's skill is good, but 2 Echidnas makes for higher survivability.

I can do both, and while all of these aren't super leveled in my team it's still pretty powerful. I just really, BADLY need Orochi friends... And the more leveled the better, imo. All 4 of these healers makes for pretty high RCV.

So all of you guys are working with Great Valk + 2 Sirens + Echidna + Lilith as your healer teams?

I was thinking of using 2 Echidnas instead of an Echidna and a Lilith - obviously Lilith's skill is good, but 2 Echidnas makes for higher survivability.

I can do both, and while all of these aren't super leveled in my team it's still pretty powerful. I just really, BADLY need Orochi friends... And the more leveled the better, imo. All 4 of these healers makes for pretty high RCV.
You can probably safely bench Lilith for another Echidna; Lilith ain't that useful except for gimmick dungeons late game.

Putting Verche in there is also an alternative if you ever want to "go off" with your Valks.

TimeKillr, we're prepping these for whenever GungHo release the Hera dungeon again. Lilith's poison is meant to get through Neptune's poison. There is, however a pretty awesome variant of this team (video posted some pages back, forgive me I forgot who posted) that has 3 Echidnas as subs.

I'm able to run this team in the higher dungeons as well. It's just all around very stressful dealing with mobs on the same timer. I'd rather just roll through with Shiva team.

MicH

any way to get echinda outside of a gatcha drop
Yep. The easiest way to get her is in fire dragon special dungeons (there should be one on Monday, but I don't know if Naga can be farmed in that one since we don't know which one is coming).

Otherwise she can drop in a number of normal dungeons where she appear, but it is very rare. You can see which dungeons she drops in here: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/normal-dungeons.asp

RE: Valk team for Hera. As soon as I evolve my other Ceres (hopefully tonight) I will focus on leveling my Echidna, Lillith, Valk and 2nd Siren. My first Siren is already lvl 60 with +29 RCV (701 total YEAH!). Want Hera (and Zeus) so bad!

any way to get echinda outside of a gatcha drop

She's listed as a drop in the normal fire dungeons, but I never had luck getting her that way.

I had better luck in the Red Skydragon dungeon and Red Mechdragon dungeons, though both of these dungeons aren't available at the moment.

edit: beaten twice

MicH

Haha, I love it!

I randomly got my very first Naga from a drop in a normal dungeon which I was just running for some monsters or something. CRAZY lucky as well :D

Radav

RE: Valk team for Hera. As soon as I evolve my other Ceres (hopefully tonight) I will focus on leveling my Echidna, Lillith, Valk and 2nd Siren. My first Siren is already lvl 60 with +29 RCV (701 total YEAH!). Want Hera (and Zeus) so bad!

I was looking at the various Hera strats and contemplating what team I have that can run it. It looks like I just reached a high enough level to use the Ammy/Odin strat with a team of Odin - Shiva - Rainbow Keeper x2 - Wood Mech Warrior Asgard - Max level Ammy. I was just curious if those of you who had run it before thought this is a "safe" way to run it or if a Valk team is better?

I wish i would have known about the drop rates inthe sky dragon dungeons but i had just started when fire and water were up where i could have gotten a siren and a echinda.

Radav

I wish i would have known about the drop rates inthe sky dragon dungeons but i had just started when fire and water were up where i could have gotten a siren and a echinda.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you've just started playing the special dragons are constantly being rotated through and we should be starting a new set start next week. If that ends up being the case run the water/fire levels on a increased drop day which are usually on the weekends and you should be able to farm one of each that way. For example, I had a lot of luck getting the healers to drop running the expert level of the mech dragons when I was looking for the healer girl drops.

TimeKillr

TimeKillr, we're prepping these for whenever GungHo release the Hera dungeon again. Lilith's poison is meant to get through Neptune's poison. There is, however a pretty awesome variant of this team (video posted some pages back, forgive me I forgot who posted) that has 3 Echidnas as subs.

I'm able to run this team in the higher dungeons as well. It's just all around very stressful dealing with mobs on the same timer. I'd rather just roll through with Shiva team.

Yeah, I forgot about the Neptune fight in Hera's dungeon. That's kind of a necessity to have a Lilith there - otherwise it'll take freakin' forever :)

I love how when leveling up my pengdras I always get a 1.5x or 2x multiplier but when I go an feed them to my monster I never EVER get any bonus. Happened 3 times in a row.

razterik

I was looking at the various Hera strats and contemplating what team I have that can run it. It looks like I just reached a high enough level to use the Ammy/Odin strat with a team of Odin - Shiva - Rainbow Keeper x2 - Wood Mech Warrior Asgard - Max level Ammy. I was just curious if those of you who had run it before thought this is a "safe" way to run it or if a Valk team is better?

I haven't run it, but you can certainly take it into the Endless Dungeon to get a feel for how you stand. I am looking at a similar team, myself. Valkyrie just can't take hits early on without skills built up.

You have a link for the Ammy/Odin strat?

Would Neptune be able to replace Lillith in a Valk team for Hera?

The guy who ran the x3 Echidna team had Neptune in there, IIRC. You take a hit on RCV, and get higher ATK and HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom