• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeKillr

Would Neptune be able to replace Lillith in a Valk team for Hera?

Probably. You'd lose out on a bit of RCV, you gain HP and but less attack. His poison is much better, though, and should make some of the fights be shorter.

It all depends on if a single heart match with a Neptune brings you to 50% health or not, depending on your combined RCV. That's the single defining factor of that team.

The guy who ran the x3 Echidna team had Neptune in there, IIRC. You take a hit on RCV, and get higher ATK and HP.

If you have x3 Echidna, then yeah, Neptune could be nice, but it'll take *forever* to kill the boss, not to mention you'll have less heart drops overall since you won't have a Siren.

And if both Neptune and Lilith are max level, Lilith actually has higher ATK (2720 for the Lilith because of Valk's leader ability vs 1451 for Neptune).

It all depends on if you want a slow burn that is slightly unsafe (Echidna x3 is nice because you can do massive slow down combined with the Orochi but you have to be luckier with hearts) vs more consistent healing with 2 max skill Sirens + 1 Echidna + 1 Lilith and more damage every turn (most likely), leading in less turns overall.

MicH

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=950

There's the link. I don't have the team cost yet to be able to run the optimal setup which would use a leveled up Mech Dragon instead of a third Rainbow Keeper/5* Golem. I think I'm getting close though.
I like this team. Unfortunately my Siren or Ama are not quite leveled enough and I haven't touched Odin yet. Also would need to level up one of my Mechs. Not sure if I could do it, but I like this team!

I do have Abyss Neptune for the first team.. Hmmm!

MicH

I finally got my second Ceres evolved. Here are the fruits of my labour over the last weekend :D

T0x6NWxl.png
gBQWqAbl.png
MEqfS65l.png
wYa7hfIl.png

They are so mbeautiful!!

Just remembered that I should have been hitting keeper dungeons (not that I need them, but I do have Jotunn and Midgard to skill up). Instead, I was using a Freyja/Artemis team to go through Hypno Forest (finished) and Creek of Neleus (two or three waves in). That team makes pretty short work of those dungeons.

After the Creek I know the next dungeon is red - will the same team be strong enough to overcome the weakness to red or should I be looking for a different strategy?

Caerith

I just got my second dark skydragon! no Succubus yet though!
I got multiple Nagas from expert red skydragon, so maybe give that a try? But I didn't get any healers for any of the other colors on expert, and I didn't get any healers at all on master even during 2x drop.

Pacman2k

So now that the blue skydragon dungeon is gone, what the right way to be getting skillups for sirens? Sea cave mercury?

I got 1 of my sirens to max, but the other is still noob and i want to try and get at least a couple skillups in her to prep for hera.

lordcyno

Just remembered that I should have been hitting keeper dungeons (not that I need them, but I do have Jotunn and Midgard to skill up). Instead, I was using a Freyja/Artemis team to go through Hypno Forest (finished) and Creek of Neleus (two or three waves in). That team makes pretty short work of those dungeons.

After the Creek I know the next dungeon is red - will the same team be strong enough to overcome the weakness to red or should I be looking for a different strategy?

Should have no problems, I did it yesterday with a green team

Should have no problems, I did it yesterday with a green team

Thanks, that makes me feel more comfortable. I have the pieces for a Lakshmi team but they are way under-developed. Speaking of, here is my blue inventory:

e41f088d186d96421efc5b3643402df8.png

I'm thinking Lakshmi/Fenrir/Siegfried/Megalodran/Siren. Is there a better combination for me?

MicH

Thanks, that makes me feel more comfortable. I have the pieces for a Lakshmi team but they are way under-developed. Speaking of, here is my blue inventory:

I'm thinking Lakshmi/Fenrir/Siegfried/Megalodran/Siren. Is there a better combination for me?
Switch out Megalodran for Neptune or Midgaard. Otherwise that's a great team, very close to what I use (Viper instad of Megalodran)

I would use Viper instead of Megalodran--time delay is a pretty invaluable skill. You pretty much have a dream water team.

Is resist/Odin recommended over Valk/Orochi for the Hera dungeon? I have everything required for that setup and if that's a better way to go, I'll pass on leveling my Valk/Orochi team.

Caerith

Megalodran is basically Siren trading off HP for RCV, so pick one or the other unless you need two heart-makers. And, really, if you need HP that's what your mech is for.

I really would like to see the healer girls and the toy dragons get further evolutions. Same active skills, but better stats for the toy dragons and change the leader skill for all healer girls to 4x or 5x auto-heal.

I would use Viper instead of Megalodran--time delay is a pretty invaluable skill. You pretty much have a dream water team.

Switch out Megalodran for Neptune or Midgaard. Otherwise that's a great team, very close to what I use (Viper instad of Megalodran)

If I use Viper, should I go ahead and level it up? I know some people keep it low for resolve teams but I typically use the ogre when I run mine.

Yaari

I definitely think Ama/Odin is the best way to go. When Hera surfaced in February I completed it 3 times. It took FOREVER but Hera is probably one of the best monsters to get if you want to shorten long, boring fights.

I don't know about Resist/Odin though. I didnt try that.

MicH

If I use Viper, should I go ahead and level it up? I know some people keep it low for resolve teams but I typically use the ogre when I run mine.
If you don't really use your Viper for resolve, then sure. I would prefer him over the two other choices, as delaying is really, really useful. Neptune is still great, though. Depends on wherether you feel like leveling and evolving him.

Your guys monster lists make me sad. Mine is so shitty compared. Just a slow grind to evolve my dragons and then get a ADK. Everything else is meh besides Horus but his skill is so pure "luck" I hardly use him.

image.jpg

daw840

I've got a pretty stellar ADK team shaping up.

33392B3D-A527-404E-A3CA-D78858249CE3-3248-000001DBDBE338C4_zpsf54d05e9.jpg

I really need to level up and evolve the white dragon the. It would be complete. Though I would really love a lil blue dragon to replace the Gravitron Dragon. Just so I would have one of each color for this team.

I really need to level up and evolve the white dragon the. It would be complete. Though I would really love a lil blue dragon to replace the Gravitron Dragon. Just so I would have one of each color for this team.

That is almost the typical starter ADK team (and I mean no offense by saying that - it was what I first started using and still do in many cases). Ultimately, what people seem to prefer is to go with orb changers, so you mix in another ADK and a CDK, along with another light and dark dragon. With this set up your only unused color is blue and you mitigate your weakness some by having mostly a light/dark team.

Your guys monster lists make me sad. Mine is so shitty compared. Just a slow grind to evolve my dragons and then get a ADK. Everything else is meh besides Horus but his skill is so pure "luck" I hardly use him.

image.jpg
You should put up Horus before going to sleep each day, I always seem to lack Horus buddies in my times of greatest need :(

You should put up Horus before going to sleep each day, I always seem to lack Horus buddies in my times of greatest need :(
Will do. And to be sure, I just need to make sure that I set my team leader and then click on dungeons and wait for the "connecting" to be sure my new leader activated for my friends right?

ccbfan

This game is such feast or famine for me.

I either get really bad luck or good luck.

Got two skill ups on my 2nd siren for the entirety of the sky water dungeon 2 week, feed it a ton of goblin as well as 4 mermaids. A ton during the 2x skill up.

The 2 days? Got 4 skill ups feeding it probably less than 20 goblins.

Well finally got my Valk - Hera team set.

Great Valk
Max skill Siren
Max skill Siren
Enchilada
Lillith

Gonna have to be really careful but with 2x max skill siren and a Enchilada. Unless I get really unlucky with red orbs and heal orb. I should be OK.

OTIX

Don't do that, the graviton dragon is the best sub you have since he's green and you have two green orb changers, the red is the worst since you steal his gems. You want more green on the team, ideally another ADK. And try to get a CDK from the dark skydragon dungeon, he would really improve your team.

Radav

Ama+Odin is a much safer Hera strat than Valk. Probably one of the safest strats there is.

Cool, Cool. Looks like I'm as ready as I can be at this point for Hera and Two Heroes. Zeus is another story altogether. Hopefully we get either Hera or Two Heroes next week. If we get Hera I'll farm two of them and work on beefing up my dark team for a possible Zeus run.

So everyone's pretty down on Horus huh? I think the thing I'm finding out after playing around with Ra a bunch and looking at some of these videos where people beat Hera or Zues with them is that you have to go in with a maxed out team and stuff that's got a lot of + eggs pumped into it if you want to go that route. Then on top of that you've gotta be a savant with the combo making and have a little bit of luck to boot. Maybe once we've all played the game for another couple months it will start to become a more viable goal to start looking at maxing out the key members of a team like that. We'll also have a bunch more stamina to play around with and maybe won't feel so bad about possibly losing it attempting to beat Zeus with a super Egyptian setup.

Yeah, man. I love Horus to death, but I've got to be in the right mindset to run him. I can't even begin to think about how it'd be with Ra or Anubis.

Speaking of which, is there any use for Anubis? For fun, I've had success using Anubis in the weekend dungeons with severely underleveled team members, but even then, getting a x10 isn't guaranteed. When it hits, though, it's so. Damn. Awesome.

OTIX

I don't see Horus as an everyday team, there's no need for it when an ADK team can blow through most dungeons with total consistency. However, Horus multiplier can allow you to beat bosses that you otherwise would not be able to. Anubis is the extreme version of that, he can oneshot anything as long as you're willing to gamble your stamina (and probably lose). :p

daw840

Damn. I can't seem to beat the last level of tomb of the saint expert. I use my ADK team and tried once with a second ADK and again with a viper Orochi. The dual ADK run got me to the boss who killed me and he viper team didnt even get me to the boss. Grrrrrr

Caerith

Damn. I can't seem to beat the last level of tomb of the saint expert. I use my ADK team and tried once with a second ADK and again with a viper Orochi. The dual ADK run got me to the boss who killed me and he viper team didnt even get me to the boss. Grrrrrr
My ADK team got me very very close to beating the boss, but I ended up just doing it with Parvati + Odin.

OTIX

This is why you want fewer colours and more orb changers on your ADK team, a good orb change combo can even oneshot him.

Nista

Interesting, there seems to be a design talk from Gungho at GDC this week. Anyone have any burning questions I could ask?

Caerith

Interesting, there seems to be a design talk from Gungho at GDC this week. Anyone have any burning questions I could ask?
"Would you kindly remove vampire, golems, and fairlio from the rare gacha?"

Or if there are plans to balance certain unique abilities only obtained from the rare gacha, such as Amaterasu's unique 5x auto-heal, Neptune's unique 5x poison, or Odin's unique damage reduction, when compared to the 3x auto-heal of a fully evolved healer girl, the 1x poison of even a fully evolved Lilith, or the (gimped by comparison) resolve strategies. Almost every other ability obtainable from a gacha god can be replicated in a farmable way-- Hades (gacha) with Hera (100% drop), Norse leader abilities with starter dragons, etc.

Or what their plans are for the tie-in events/monsters from JP now that they're in the EN files-- Final Fantasy, Taiko no Tatsujin, ECO, etc.

Or why they localized Hades as Hades instead of Pluto, considering that all the other gods he was released with are Roman.

atlantos

Neo Member

What's your team set up? Do you have Echidna the Red Empress? She is very useful to add 3 extra turn for dual ADK team. ADK team is very risky because of low HP but if you get it right, the battles are very fast. With Red Empress, you want to charge up her skill in first 2 rounds so that you have additional insurance. Have more green Dragons in your team if you have to... In my experience, 2 ADK leaders are good enough for orbs change... I don't think you need another ADK in the team. My usual dual ADK team set up:

ADK, Gravity Dragon/Green Mech, CDD/Dark Mech, CDK, Echidna and ADK helper... That team has got me to the Ocean of Heaven... And they are not particularly high level either... My ADK is about level 50 (no skill up), Green Mech is about Level 35, Dark Mech is about L35, CDK is about L35, Echidna is about L30... When I meet those masks, I get into trouble, especially with 5 counter but apart from that nothing is too hard... You have to concentrate a lot though as one mistake will kill you.

Pulled twice today, it's my birthday so I thought I would indulge.

I got a genie 5* and a fairlion (my second). Why can't I get a Valkyrie, are they really that rare? By comparison, titans and vamps are much more common than highlanders, Valkyries, and the green orb changer...

I like that I did not just get 3* trash, I'm just musing over the orb changers really.

What are the easiest Hera teams to field (outside of the valk team)? Are any of those teams useful for two heroes?

image.jpg
Oh man you are rank 87 and your box size is only 45? How do you manage all your evo mats and pengdras?!?! Ahhhhh!

I got a genie 5* and a fairlion (my second). Why can't I get a Valkyrie, are they really that rare? By comparison, titans and vamps are much more common than highlanders, Valkyries, and the green orb changer...

I like that I did not just get 3* trash, I'm just musing over the orb changers really.

What are the easiest Hera teams to field (outside of the valk team)? Are any of those teams useful for two heroes?

Horus team, 16% Hades team maybe, Rainbow Crystal team (JP only until we get the FFCD collab), I think a suffienciently leveled Indian God team can do it too.

I saw a team that I am considering trying that is 100% farmable.

Chaos Devil Dragon (leader)
Poison (Neptune or Lilith)
Siren (Max Skill)
Siren (Max Skill)
Rainbow Keeper
Odin (friend)

There's a minimum HP requirement of about 8200 I think. This team seems doable, though the first round could be tough if you're unlucky. I haven't decided yet if this team looks better than the Great Valk/Orochi team. They both require constant manual healing, but the Valk team does more damage think.

Two heroes is a completely different beast as far as i know. You basically need a quadruple resist team using Dark Neptune/Drawn Joker and Fortoytops/Dark Ceres. I don't know if I'm ready for this one. I need to ultimate evo my Neptune, but I had no luck catching dark dublits last week. I'm gonna try again on Friday, hoping it was the 2x drop that screwed me over.

Edit: I actually could run the 16.5k team with 3 Rainbow Keepers and a Shiva. Is this a viable option? Am I going to have a lot of trouble on the early stages without a nuke?

Spending habits would be interesting; I assume they do telemetry for all our pulls. How can they lower the paywall for people who spend little to no money on the game while still pulling in that sweet sweet whale cash? Do players in different regions spend differently?

BlueSteel

Things are getting dicey right now. What teams did you run at Hyperion Lava Flow and Shrine of Green Water? I usually run an all dark with Loki + Vamp dual leaders, but if I get hit hard it's usually over.

Yaari

I wonder what would be optimal for stat gain as far as my Zeus team goes. Evolving my 50 Hera or just getting Duke Vampire and CDK towards 50.

ParityBit

I really need to get my Ammy leveled higher!

Yaari, can I get your Ammy logged in for a second? Is there another high level Ammy out there so I can stop bugging poor Yaari?

lenni

I really need to get my Ammy leveled higher!

Yaari, can I get your Ammy logged in for a second? Is there another high level Ammy out there so I can stop bugging poor Yaari?

I'd also like 10 more levels and some +RCV on mine. Ideally to get the heal to 3200+ per round. Mine heals 2875 right now, which is much more than needed for most dungeons, but doesn't cut it in the higher ones. :/

ParityBit

I'd also like 10 more levels and some +RCV on mine. Ideally to get the heal to 3200+ per round. Mine heals 2875 right now, which is much more than needed for most dungeons, but doesn't cut it in the higher ones. :/

I have used your Ammy numerous times, thanks! :) Mine is a couple levels less than yours, and some +rcv also. I try to dump any I get on my ammy if I can.

Khar

I have used your Ammy numerous times, thanks! :) Mine is a couple levels less than yours, and some +rcv also. I try to dump any I get on my ammy if I can.

And I've used your Ammy many times. And Yaari's too. Thanks guys!

Collecting dragons I don't plan on using is so daft. Yet I can't help but grind away at dark Skydragon -- 8th master run and still no drop. Grr.

This week I've finally:
Evolved Highlander to Cu Chu
Evolved Echidna to The Red Empress (could have done this last week but chose to stockpile rainbow keepers last Tuesday instead grabbing the red Keeper)
and evolved Sarutobi Sasuke to Wind Prodigy Sasuke.

It's much better without that Jewel dragon scheduling. If I wanted to get Emerald dragons they always seemed to be in the middle of the night in Europe. I love the game but not enough to be up at 3am for it. I know they rotated around a bit but it still seemed to happen too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom