• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaari

Yeah only going to run the 1.5% Tech today. I'll try the dungeons in the Weekend. I don't really need huge amounts of Gold unless I actually run out.

Its nice getting a drop on each stage on these dungeons.

razterik

Ah man... and my lack of dragon plant farming last Thursday comes back to bite me in the ass. I have 12 red pengdras ready to go but only 5 dragon plants left and I could use a boat load of ruby dragons but just don't have the room to fit all this stuff. Nice to see the increased drop for tech dungeons show up. Hopefully the increased drop rate on the tech dungeons sticks around for Mondays. Monday will officially become pengdra farming day if so!

I had a question for you guys who've been farming the Ocean of Heaven levels on the weekends. I ran them maybe 7 times yesterday and in those runs I came up with 6+ eggs, 2 Mystic Masks, and 3 King Metal Dragons. Is this a typical haul or was I just crazy lucky? If this is even close to typical I'm going to make a point of farming this way more often on increased drop days.

Typical, it seems. I hauled 3 king metals and 4 masks in 11 runs this weekend. Did not count +eggs, maybe ten? It's nice.

Plowing through a ton of tech today which I had been neglecting. If they do this every week, I am going to love Mondays.

wow 1.5% drop event on Techs? Pretty sure I was just bitching about that last week. What are the ideal levels to farm now, lower levels or just as high as you can go?

Yaari

wow 1.5% drop event on Techs? Pretty sure I was just bitching about that last week. What are the ideal levels to farm now, lower levels or just as high as you can go?

Apparently Iris Hill is the best, but they left that unchanged. So I'd assume its the best stage to use when there is no exp boost.

I'm not running the first of the Green ones, although I heard the second stage has better exp.

razterik

Go higher for king metals, mystic masks, dublits, high colored metals, and evolved pengdras. Drop rate increase really helps. Not sure which levels are best yet.

ParityBit

Well, I finished the Master dark dungeon. No drops! Bah! I will finish the other two and then decide what to do. I need both the dragon and succubus before it.

Radav

I NEED that Mythlit today so I can finally evolve Ceres. Feels so bad finally finding one and it doesn't drop :(

I have an over abundance of those from running the first level of the lowest tier techs farming for pengdras. Maybe run the lower tier ones a bunch and with the increased drop rate you'll eventually get one? Or maybe today the Gungho RNG god is going to smite you and laugh as you pour away your stamina? lol How difficult is the third tier of tech dungeons? Can I get away with my ADK team or should I go a safer route?

Went into the dark dragon expert, used my healer and a chaos devil dragon friend. Had no problems on any other dragon dungeon expert. Sure enough this one hit for 2200 or so and i could only heal at 1700, so yea that sucked. Lost fairly quickly. Then I go into fertile land first room, divine mask shows up, one hit kills me. So I lost 35 stamina very quickly. Fun fun.

Colby

It sucks that puzzledragonx doesn't have much info on the Technical dungeons. I'm going in blind with Ammy + Odin just to be safe, and it's so slooooooow.

Yaari

Haha same here. I actually had no idea what to do with them. I've been playing since January and it never even crossed my mind that she is quite interesting in both busty evolutions.

I guess I'm getting the Wood/Light first for if Zeus ever comes around. Although I doubt that is the way its going to work, he'll probably kill you if you were to have 2 of those.

I guess I'm getting the Wood/Light first for if Zeus ever comes around. Although I doubt that is the way its going to work, he'll probably kill you if you were to have 2 of those.
Don't know how Ceres would factor into Zeus strats, but Wood/Dark is an important resist combination to have for 2heroes1egg.

Radav

I spent a bunch of stamina this morning farming Big Baddies to start skilling up my vampire. Boy is this going to get tedious. At least with the Siren skillup all you did was pump it full of a bunch of marine goblins. This you gotta get the baddies leveled up and evolved which needs you amelit. etc. Yuck. Hopefully the actually skilling up won't be as bad as my first Siren or I'll be punching babies really soon. lol 0/8 on that front so far.

Also, I was close to leveling up so I ran the Dark Skydragon Master level. Boy am I woefully weak when it comes to the light element. Verche, Light Mech and Light ripper are all I've got. I had 4 waves where there we 4-5 demons. Luckily my ripper/mech were ready to blow them up. Whoever mentioned bringing a Siren along thank you very much. Without that I prolly would have died even with a beefed up Amaterasu helping me. I continued my streak of getting the dragon drop on the first master run attempt. Yippee for that! Now I don't have to worry about running those. I wonder if the next series we get will be the legendary dragons.

No skydragon elysion drop on the first run of master. Well at least it gives me another shot of getting that new monster to show up...

It does stink that I will be missing out on a lot of the tech 1.5 drop monday. Hopefully this becomes a regular thing though.

J0dy77

Don't know how Ceres would factor into Zeus strats, but Wood/Dark is an important resist combination to have for 2heroes1egg.

Damnit Cosmo, where were you a week ago when I was debating on how to evolve Ceres (lol). I went Green/Yellow to fit into my Horus team. Didn't know that Green/dark was needed somewhere else.

I spent a bunch of stamina this morning farming Big Baddies to start skilling up my vampire. Boy is this going to get tedious. At least with the Siren skillup all you did was pump it full of a bunch of marine goblins. This you gotta get the baddies leveled up and evolved which needs you amelit. etc. Yuck. Hopefully the actually skilling up won't be as bad as my first Siren or I'll be punching babies really soon. lol 0/8 on that front so far.

I've been dreading doing this for so long now. I have 6 glow worms saved up to give it a try this week after farming the Dublits last Friday.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Damnit Cosmo, where were you a week ago when I was debating on how to evolve Ceres (lol). I went Green/Yellow to fit into my Horus team. Didn't know that Green/dark was needed somewhere else.

I've been dreading doing this for so long now. I have 6 glow worms saved up to give it a try this week after farming the Dublits last Friday.

You can always reverse and switch colors.

MicH

So would a Dark Neptune/4xripper/Healer friend be sufficient for master level dark? Or am I better off going with Odin?
I personally don't like using Odin as the mobs will pierce through your Odin resist.

I did it with Neptune and Ama leaders. Had no problem at all and the added bonus of poison is nice.

MicH

So the game decided to throw me a bone. Needed two Mythlits to evolve my other Ceres.. well...

5xfMvskl.png

Total Mythlit count for today: 3

Thanks, PAD! For once you actually gave me what I wanted <3

I hadn't realized it until last week too and am now being hella sad for the exact same reason you are with my Neptune.
Is this a reference to what I think it is? Oh please let it be as I am now laughing so hard :D
what else would it be lol

Radav

Congrats it would seem the Gungho RNG gods decided to smile upon you today! I love it when stuff like that happens.

So what's the deal with us not getting any special dungeons recently? The last dungeon we got that was like Hera, Zeus or whatever was back on Valentine's Day. If you look at the Japanese side of things they get multiples of these every time they have a special event, which is almost every week. Do you think there's a real reason for this? Something like they just don't want to give us access to too much content too fast or it's just Gungho US dropping the ball?

Congrats it would seem the Gungho RNG gods decided to smile upon you today! I love it when stuff like that happens.

So what's the deal with us not getting any special dungeons recently? The last dungeon we got that was like Hera, Zeus or whatever was back on Valentine's Day. If you look at the Japanese side of things they get multiples of these every time they have a special event, which is almost every week. Do you think there's a real reason for this? Something like they just don't want to give us access to too much content too fast or it's just Gungho US dropping the ball?

Think we're still on the bottom of the tottum pole. Guess they figured 5.0 would keep us busy for a while

MicH

I'm quite excited to see which dragons we get next Monday. Will it be the Legendary dragons or the Whiskeydragons? Hopefully not the Mechdragons as well :p

Personally I think we'll get the Legendary dragons as most seem to have missed them already. They could of course give us some brand new Whiskeydragons :D

Yaari

Just going to expect some nice dungeon for Easter now. I think we've done enough complaining so that GungHo will realize that a simple God event where they cash in on us is not going to cut it anymore.

All Pengdra to my Dark team!

fucking drowning in red pengdras. Just need to get some ruby dragons and im all set. Finally got a dark baby ripper from the dark dragon dungeon. I farmed the hell out of Polar Night Tower/Banquet of Temption and got 2 succubus but no sirens/maids. Sigh.

Caerith

I did not farm up enough dragon plants for pengdras x1.5 and 3/day emeralds. I hope they repeat this next week so I can be prepared.

daw840

So...I though the blue goblin was supposed to skill up the siren the enchantress? Am I missing something here? I've fed a ton of them to her.

Radav

So...I though the blue goblin was supposed to skill up the siren the enchantress? Am I missing something here? I've fed a ton of them to her.

Are you feeding your Siren Marine Goblins the evolved form of the Blue Goblins? You need to make sure that the goblins you are feeding it have the skill Guard - Stance Water. Second thing to be aware of. It took me at least 100 of those things before I got even 1 skillup on my first Siren. Oddly enough the second one took me like 20 total. So it can be either a super frustrating or somewhat enjoyable experience. lol

TimeKillr

So I just evolved my Freyja... Should be interesting in teams - I still have to level her a bit so she has decent stats, though.

For mono green, I'm thinking of the following team:

Freyja, Cu Chulainn, Parvati, ADK, mech golem, friend freyja/artemis/parvati

I have all the green orb changers (so blue -> hearts, red -> green and hearts -> green) + insane atk/hp/rcv depending on the friend leader.

This is all pretty sweet :)

I was thinking of doing something similar for my red teams (either Shiva or Freyr as leader) + Phoenix Knight + Titan + Flare Drall + Horus for extra damage, but I only have one or two friends with Shiva leaders and nobody with Freyr. :(

raiot

Haha, I was far to concerned about Ocean of heaven. Facerolled the whole dungeon to Sea God of Heaven. My Shiva is patently waiting for my stamina to refill.... :)

Has anyone had luck with farming the Mystic Light Knight on the sky dragon of light dungeon? I've been running it pretty frequently and have only had it spawn once. I really want a MDK and hope the spawn rate isn't low for light/dark. The main colors seemed to spawn pretty frequently for me.
It's the smallest sample size possible, but I got lucky getting both the MDK and Dark Sky Dragon on a single Master run. In 1 Adept, 1 Expert, and 2 Master runs of Light Sky I never saw the MLK.

It sucks that puzzledragonx doesn't have much info on the Technical dungeons. I'm going in blind with Ammy + Odin just to be safe, and it's so slooooooow.
Until Puzzledragonx gets updated, you can use the translated Chinese wiki. http://translate.googleusercontent....%9F%BA&usg=ALkJrhgoYo4dI-UOTKAx6zayUi5UDbbKnA They're listed under the column "Technical Underground City". The translated dungeon names are off, but you should be able to figure out what's what.

Oops I ment Wood Zeus/Jupiter. But yeah if its crucial for 2 Heroes then I should probably put more priority on that instead!
If Jupiter's dungeon is anything like Zeus' dungeon, a resist leader wouldn't be the way to go. You'd be dying way more before you even reach the boss.

Like others have stated, I'm also glad if GungHo reverted back to mono color Dragon days instead of tri Jewel. Makes it easier to farm the color you need. Too bad I can't farm the Tech dungeons today, because my box is full until Plant day.

Khar

Has anyone had luck with farming the Mystic Light Knight on the sky dragon of light dungeon? I've been running it pretty frequently and have only had it spawn once. I really want a MDK and hope the spawn rate isn't low for light/dark. The main colors seemed to spawn pretty frequently for me.

I've run master 3 times and it dropped the first run.

I already had Verche and 2 extra MLKs and, despite the 2x skill-up event at the time, no skill-up so it was useless to me.

I'd recommend running master over expert though. I ran expert a gazillion times for my Naga and had much better luck with master. I'd imagine the light dungeon has similar drop rates.

Had a bad run last night. Has anyone ever had terrible gem drop after terrible gem drop? It felt like the game was just trolling the hell out of me last night. I had 50 stamina stocked up to tackle the Wood Skydragon.

1st stage, trying to stall for skills, and an unlikely chain reaction advances me to the next floor. I'm talking a 3-blue orb match at the top, then for the next FOUR (4) drops, 3-red orbs fall.

Then, 2nd to 3rd Floors decided to deal ZERO red orbs to the board. I wasn't doing enough green and light damage to take out mobs. On top of that, I was dealt a row of little demons. It's been some time since I've lost 50 stamina like that. It's the most painful rage-inducing event ever.

ParityBit

I am running the dark dungeon for the dragon/succubus. I have run each level once, no drops yet. Hopefully I get lucky, as I will probably run Master until I get the dragon, then drop to expert for the succubus.

I need Yari's Ammy to do it though!

Failed to heed the warnings about playing while tired. I was on just the expert level dark skydragon of all things and had him almost dead. Then I sleep moved like 3 times, not matching anything so my siren wasn't healing me. I died. Spent the stone to continue and boom, the skydragon dropped with a +1 to ATK! Just have to do adept and I will get the stone back.

Also got a 2nd mystic dark knight to drop. Any reason to keep 2 of those? (I have one fully evolved)

Q for everyone. More out of curiosity.

How many boxes do you guys have and how many roster-able monsters do you have (not low level crap mobs)?

Currently, I have 120 boxes and 36 monsters.

That 120 keeps getting smaller by the day....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom