• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Gonna grind the last stage of CoS in the Abyss like crazy to get MSKs to finally max skill my ADK (only need ONE skill up!)

My Ama is currently lvl 61. 39 more levels and she is maxed - and with Gold dragons on Sunday that should be possible. YEAH

BlueSteel

I want to take on 2 heroes and hera and I need some advice as to what I should be leveling:

Possible Hera Team:

Demon Viper Orochi lvl 10
Harpie Devil (Planning on leveling and evolving)
Another Harpie Demon/Volt Chimera
Lillith Witch of the Night Lvl 10
Verche 4* Lvl 9

Ama Helper (Anyone want to add me please? 367,341,211)

Possible 2 Heroes Team:
Fortoytops (Lvl 34)
Siren near Max Skill (Lvl 7)
Parvati 6* Lvl 38
Rainbow Keeper
(i need another rainbow keeper here)
Neptune Helper? (I need a friend D:)

Or I could do this:
6* Loki/Duke Vamp
CDK
Rainbow Keeper
(Another Rainbow Keeper)
Hades 6*
Duke Vamp Helper

Looks like my dark 2 heroes team can do it, but I evolved my vamp lord and now my requirements are off the charts. I might try to just level up my spare vampire lord, since I can't field the ideal team.

I also have a great valk, so I could possibly pull off a:

Great Valk (Lvl 13)
Siren
Siren
Echidna
Echidna
Lillith
Viper Orochi?

Here's my whole box:
cf3HhAj.png

h63zQOb.png

ZHvx4cu.png

MicH

Gonna experiment with something new for this Godfest. e: if it takes you to the first spreadsheet go to the "Easter Godfest Planning" table
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhOCApI3pSVRdC0wWHQ3X2F5MnB6LWNNQUJJWG9Tb0E#gid=2

Start filling that out with the exact leaders you have. Note that it is not a dumping ground for all your useful leaders; it's specifically for leaders that can beat one of the Descended dungeons that are coming up. Lakshimi might be a great leader most of the time but she ain't gonna cut it against Zeus or even Two Heroes. Feel free to ask in the thread if you're not sure.

Dunno if I should be differentiating between 5* and 6*.
I added the leaders I have. I hope more will do this.

I just made some friend spaces available so add me if you need any of them :)

Narras

I just had the Mystic Light Knight drop at NORMAL Castle of Satan - Castle Gate if anyone was wondering if the Knights show up on normal dungeons. I'm not sure if it's a guaranteed drop but, the one I got was the first one I saw.

My Horus team is a bit poverty; will it be able to take on Two Heroes? Hera? I'm going to try to grind as much as possible over the weekend to build extra team cost so I can sub in Neptune and/or Parvati. Should I go Abyss or Heaven Neptune?

Lumiere

Neo Member
I need to ultimate evolve my Hades and can't decide if I should go Dark/Light or Dark/Dark. :(

I tried out a friend's Dark/Dark and see that the extra dark damage seems to be 10% of his attack? Is it the same with his Light attack for the Dark/Light form?

razterik

I want to take on 2 heroes and hera and I need some advice as to what I should be leveling:

Possible Hera Team:

Demon Viper Orochi lvl 10
Harpie Devil (Planning on leveling and evolving)
Another Harpie Demon/Volt Chimera
Lillith Witch of the Night Lvl 10
Verche 4* Lvl 9

Ama Helper (Anyone want to add me please? 367,341,211)

Possible 2 Heroes Team:
Fortoytops (Lvl 34)
Siren near Max Skill (Lvl 7)
Parvati 6* Lvl 38
Rainbow Keeper
(i need another rainbow keeper here)
Neptune Helper? (I need a friend D:)

Or I could do this:
6* Loki/Duke Vamp
CDK
Rainbow Keeper
(Another Rainbow Keeper)
Hades 6*
Duke Vamp Helper

Looks like my dark 2 heroes team can do it, but I evolved my vamp lord and now my requirements are off the charts. I might try to just level up my spare vampire lord, since I can't field the ideal team.

I also have a great valk, so I could possibly pull off a:

Great Valk (Lvl 13)
Siren
Siren
Echidna
Echidna
Lillith
Viper Orochi?

That dark team looks a little weak for Heroes. You need quite a bit of HP to cover the bosses. I think the dual resist looks okay, but it will take quite a while and you will be struggling to heal. How strong are your red and green teams? If you can field ~26k HP with them, I think you might look there. Shiva/Shiva with an Echidna or two would be pretty sweet to delay and pound/heal. Parvati or Artemis would work, too, but has a bit less utility for you.

Valkyrie/resolve team won't work on Heroes due to multiple enemies each round and is probably too weak to get through the first few levels of Hera, unless you are lucky on timers.

lenni

I need to ultimate evolve my Hades and can't decide if I should go Dark/Light or Dark/Dark. :(

I tried out a friend's Dark/Dark and see that the extra dark damage seems to be 10% of his attack? Is it the same with his Light attack for the Dark/Light form?

The important thing about Hades' ultimate evolutions is the leader skill.

Dark/Dark has 60% dark reduction, which I think is more useful.

Basically, with two Dark/Dark Hades as leaders, dark monsters will do 16% of their full damage value, which is even better than Green Odin and works 100% of the time.

razterik

My Horus team is a bit poverty; will it be able to take on Two Heroes? Hera? I'm going to try to grind as much as possible over the weekend to build extra team cost so I can sub in Neptune and/or Parvati. Should I go Abyss or Heaven Neptune?

Why Verche? He's stealing an orb color, right? I think Abyss would be better in case you end up trying for dual resist, but Heaven would pair better with the vampire on the Horus team. Tough call.

I don't know how viable Horus is for either dungeon unless you are spending stones or super leveled.

razterik

As far as I know, same element dual types get 100%/10% damage, different element dual types are 100%/30% damage.

Dark/light is good for more situations, but two dark/darks will get you through all but the most insane amount of dark attack damage.

Why Verche? He's stealing an orb color, right? I think Abyss would be better in case you end up trying for dual resist, but Heaven would pair better with the vampire on the Horus team. Tough call.

I don't know how viable Horus is for either dungeon unless you are spending stones or super leveled.

Verche is there for lack of anything better (well, Noble Mechdragon Regulus, but that team cost...)

BlueSteel

That dark team looks a little weak for Heroes. You need quite a bit of HP to cover the bosses. I think the dual resist looks okay, but it will take quite a while and you will be struggling to heal. How strong are your red and green teams? If you can field ~26k HP with them, I think you might look there. Shiva/Shiva with an Echidna or two would be pretty sweet to delay and pound/heal. Parvati or Artemis would work, too, but has a bit less utility for you.

Valkyrie/resolve team won't work on Heroes due to multiple enemies each round and is probably too weak to get through the first few levels of Hera, unless you are lucky on timers.

I'm gonna spend quite a bit of my available stones to get some red kings. Right now my HP for my Red team maxes around 16k.

How high level would a mono green team need to be to run two heroes? I can get a team with a few different configurations.

Parvati/Parvati (22k HP, 12.5k ATK, 4k RCV)

Parvati/Artemis (29k HP, 18k ATK, 2.3k RCV)

Freyja/Artemis (19k HP, 24k ATK, 3.1k RCV)

Would any of these teams be a viable option or would they be cutting it close? They all involve at least one parvati who will be helpful for healing purposes. And Freyja would help with burst damage against Highlander. Berserk would ideally be gone after two or three combos.

Lumiere

Neo Member

Basically, with two Dark/Dark Hades as leaders, dark monsters will do 16% of their full damage value, which is even better than Green Odin and works 100% of the time.

As far as I know, same element dual types get 100%/10% damage, different element dual types are 100%/30% damage.

Dark/light is good for more situations, but two dark/darks will get you through all but the most insane amount of dark attack damage.

Thanks for the feedback! I don't have a light resist pet right now, which is also why Dark/Light looked somewhat tempting for me, but it sounds like Dark/Dark might be a better long-term choice?

How high level would a mono green team need to be to run two heroes? I can get a team with a few different configurations.

Would any of these teams be a viable option or would they be cutting it close? They all involve at least one parvati who will be helpful for healing purposes. And Freyja would help with burst damage against Highlander. Berserk would ideally be gone after two or three combos.

this is where I'm at too. Hoping it works out!

razterik

Thanks for the feedback! I don't have a light resist pet right now, which is also why Dark/Light looked somewhat tempting for me, but it sounds like Dark/Dark might be a better long-term choice?

Well, the light resist would be far more useful to you now in that case. Works really well for rainbow (Egyptian) teams, too. Dark/dark will be good for dark dungeons, but I can't think of any right now that require dual resist that you couldn't just handle with the dark/light Hades. Besides, you can always switch the dual type if you absolutely need to.

BlueSteel

Looks like the only surefire dungeon I can clear (assuming I"ll spend some stones) is Hera with my valk team, and I still need to up the levels to increase DPS.

I'll have to see what I want to do with 2 heroes :(

razterik

I think your biggest problem is going to be the 3 vampire lords which hit for 8520 damage each. If they are on the same timer, that's 25560 damage in one turn. If you don't have a green golem in there, only Parvati/Artemis will survive. Also, I hope you have some sort of armor break for the Highlander's 16500 defense. Clearing that with combos alone will be difficult.

razterik

Looks like the only surefire dungeon I can clear (assuming I"ll spend some stones) is Hera with my valk team, and I still need to up the levels to increase DPS.

I'll have to see what I want to do with 2 heroes :(

Dual resist looks to be your strongest option. Use the 2x skill-up to get that Siren up to snuff and maybe throw Hades in to speed things up if you can. If your Neptune friend is pretty strong and you can clear about 12k HP, I bet you'll pull through fine.

Valkyrie team will struggle taking down individual enemies early on in Hera. I had similar levels on that team when I tried it the last time it was open. Didn't make it past the first round, heh.

Puzzle dragon forum has some good strategy threads running, so you might look there for more info.

Please don't take what I say as absolute. I am mostly only familiar with these dungeons from researching strategies on them. A lot can depend on your luck and skill with orb matching.

Slottm

Neo Member

What are your sub members? This is pertinent in knowing your success rate.

lenni

Something I'd like to know before leveling up my team in preparation for Hera:

If I used my Machine Golem for Armor Break, would I be able to break Neptunes DEF so I won't need poison? -75% would bring his DEF to 18k, but what would that mean? Can Odin's skill do damage at that point?

MicH

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Got a MSK in CoS in the Abyss.... And then got my last skill up. FUCK YEAH I AM SO HAPPY

The game likes me after all

razterik

Lenni - just do the math. I think odin's skill is what...17x his atk? So it depends entirely on his atk.

20x. 17 turns. Max level Awoken Odin will be about 22k damage. So, yeah, it'll damage him, but it will take quite a few activations to wear down 45k HP.

lenni

Lenni - just do the math. I think odin's skill is what...17x his atk? So it depends entirely on his atk.

How is the defense calculated though? Just subtracted from the damage of every single attack?

20x. 17 turns. Max level Awoken Odin will be about 22k damage. So, yeah, it'll damage him, but it will take quite a few activations to wear down 45k HP.

OK, so it would work, but takes a hell of a lot of time.
I'm not really sure yet, but I guess I'll try my luck with armor break instead of poison. The bonus HP will make the pre-boss rounds much safer and I really don't want to spend any stones.

Yaari

I can't wait till the 2x Gold King! I just wish I was luckier on those stupid power-up fusions. I never get a bonus when I need it.

Slottm

Neo Member
ADK, Chu Chulainn, Odin, Freyja. Two orb changers and Odin can throw in a little extra damage here and there (only like 4k though after defense).

What level are your guys? Based on your numbers it almost looks like most are mid 40-60. Going with Freyja/parvati leads, with wind mech 2 adk and susano, my team is around 25k hp, 24k ATK and 6600 rcv. I feel like yours doesnt have a defensive cooldown and the numbers are too low to the point that you might struggle in either damage or recovery department. Have you looked at the various stages and formulated plans on how to get passed them?

razterik

ADK, Chu Chulainn, Odin, Freyja. Two orb changers and Odin can throw in a little extra damage here and there (only like 4k though after defense).

I think that's a pretty good set. Go Parvati/Artemis for the HP to cover damage. Don't forget Freyja's 50% boost when you are bursting. It will make a big difference. And use Parvati's skill to recover HP when you get too low.

Radav

I added the leaders I have. I hope more will do this.

I just made some friend spaces available so add me if you need any of them :)

I added my name to the list for the upcoming events. One thing, that is kind of important is that the level of a few of these is rather important. A level 1 awoken odin is not going to be very useful. So for instance I need to know the level/HP of the abyss neptune's you guys have. I need one that's got about 2k hp or more for my 2 Heroes team to work. I added the levels of my ceres and awoken odin to the list for planning purposes.

Slottm

Neo Member
I think that's a pretty good set. Go Parvati/Artemis for the HP to cover damage. Don't forget Freyja's 50% boost when you are bursting. It will make a big difference. And use Parvati's skill to recover HP when you get too low.

Parvati/artemis is a death sentence, his team only has 2.3k rcv with that. There is no way to outheal the amount of damage coming in from vampires or highlander/berserk stage with that low rcv. He'd get whittled down very quickly... at least in my opinion. I'm scared to go in with only 3.8k rcv using freyja/artemis.

J0dy77

Picked up a second mystic dark knight (2 in 2 runs). Think I've run castle in the abyss four or 5 times and got 2 knights. The drop rate seems pretty good. Plus I've picked up a bunch of red pengdras in the process. Definitely worth your stamina if you need a mystic knight or want to skill one up.

Parvati/artemis is a death sentence, his team only has 2.3k rcv with that. There is no way to outheal the amount of damage coming in from vampires or highlander/berserk stage with that low rcv. He'd get whittled down very quickly... at least in my opinion. I'm scared to go in with only 3.8k rcv using freyja/artemis.

This is more of a back up team. The game refuses to give me my last dub amelit to evolve my Neptune, and I don't want to spend alot of stones refilling stamina with godfest on sunday.

Edit: nvm it FINALLY dropped. I think I'm going to go with

Abyss Neptune
Siren (max)
Siren (max)
Rainbow Keeper
*something*
Dark Ceres/Fortoytops

Any suggestions for that last slot?

SaberVulcan

Picked up a second mystic dark knight (2 in 2 runs). Think I've run castle in the abyss four or 5 times and got 2 knights. The drop rate seems pretty good. Plus I've picked up a bunch of red pengdras in the process. Definitely worth your stamina if you need a mystic knight or want to skill one up.

T_T I am 0/11 for CDK tonight running Castle. Used all my stamina today on it.

Radav

So for those Knights, are they random or do you actually go to the stages of the one you want as listed earlier?

They appear in the stages of the area listed. I'm 0/7 trying for the Mystic Fire Knight in Castle of Satan in the Abyss's 2nd level.

razterik

Well, true, he will have trouble healing. But he has decent attack, four good orb changers, and a 1.5x boost from Freyja. I think he can burst down at least one vampire in 3 turns (and Berserk is the essentially the same HP as a vampire to a green team). Much more manageable after that. Parvati's skill will be his saving grace for recovery. Just have to be sure to charge up all skills before the vampires and on the last vampire before moving on. I think it's possible, but there will be some luck involved.

Lumiere

Neo Member
Just got a MDK on my third try! It was the one Mystic Knight I was missing. :]

Also have plenty of red monsters to level up, so I might just keep running Castle of Satan in the Abyss on Technical for a bit and see if I get lucky with drops/skill-ups. Does it look like these are 100% drop so far, if they actually show up in the run?

J0dy77

So for those Knights, are they random or do you actually go to the stages of the one you want as listed earlier?

It's pre-set. Check the list that was posted earlier for a specific version.

Drop rate seems to be 100% from all of the other post I've seen thus far.

What is a good HP for a resist based 2 Heroes team? I'm going to try and work with my drawn joker, filling out the other team leader with a dark Ceres optimally (fortoytops if not available).

Subs are rainbow keeper, 6* shiva, blue guardian Jotunn, and a max skilled siren. I currently have 10k HP before the helper leader is factored in.

razterik

What is a good HP for a resist based 2 Heroes team? I'm going to try and work with my drawn joker, filling out the other team leader with a dark Ceres optimally (fortoytops if not available).

Subs are rainbow keeper, 6* shiva, blue guardian Jotunn, and a max skilled siren. I currently have 10k HP before the helper leader is factored in.

12,800. That will cover 50% resist of 3 vampires on the same turn. If you increase dark resist, 50% of a combined Berserk/Highlander every 3 turns is 9900. 12,800 would cover that and the 2900 from Highlander the next turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom