• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagernaut

12 pal pulls, 1 super king gold, 2 king gold, and a king ruby. The rest were trash. Ran The King's Protectors once and got the mystic flame knight I have been looking for (could never get it to drop in the red sky dragon dungeon). The only knight I don't have is the mystic light knight.

So general consensus is that regular 2x HP monsters are kinda useless right? Talking Undine, Genie, Shaitan, Thanatos and Sylph. So if my Shaitan is +1RCV and my Thanatos is +2RCV I should just feed them both to my Ammy? She has +11RCV currently.

Trying to do a resolve team for Hera with Orchi+Lilith (not WoTN)+friend Ammy. Other two need to be higher attack, lower HP mobs.

Would the Skydragons fit this bill...I started with Chimeras, but thought I could plug in the skydragon instead (have all of them)

Radav

Decided that I'd give the Castle of Satan in the Abyss levels a shot and see if I got lucky. 0/4 but it was not a complete loss, I did get 2 King Metal Dragons and 2 Mythlits. lol

Decided that I'd give the Castle of Satan in the Abyss levels a shot and see if I got lucky. 0/4 but it was not a complete loss, I did get 2 King Metal Dragons and 2 Mythlits. lol

Nice luck. Went 0/1 and decided to move on.

Well, FINALLY got to rank100. A little slower than some of you guys I started with, but feels good.

J0dy77

I need a mystic dark knight so bad. Ill have to test some runs on iPad.

I'm really stressing out about how to use stamina. Need to focus on leveling for next week.

Radav

I'm really stressing out about how to use stamina. Need to focus on leveling for next week.

Me too. My priorities are all over the place. I'm all set for Hera and Two Heroes so I don't really NEED to run all the XP dungeons. I definitely need to get a Mystic Flame Knight and a Mystic Ice Knight. I also would like to finish skilling up my Titan and Vampire. This is the first time I've contemplated using stones for stamina refills but I think I'll hold strong on that front.

SaberVulcan

What an upsetting morning. Since I am working on my dark team, I saw the new fest thing and thought what the hell, did 2 pulls.

Got Susano, and Mystic Red Knight. Sigh.

Then, 13 PAL pulls: 1 King Sapphire Dragon, rest crap (did get 3 +1 monsters though).

Oh well. So, since the rumor is that 2 Heroes is coming soon, I was reading advice/strats on it... and I dont think I can do it ;[. Seems like you need 12000+ HP with 2 different resist leaders for like, 75% resist water and 50% dark.

What an upsetting morning. Since I am working on my dark team, I saw the new fest thing and thought what the hell, did 2 pulls.

Got Susano, and Mystic Red Knight. Sigh.

Then, 13 PAL pulls: 1 King Sapphire Dragon, rest crap (did get 3 +1 monsters though).

Oh well. So, since the rumor is that 2 Heroes is coming soon, I was reading advice/strats on it... and I dont think I can do it ;[. Seems like you need 12000+ HP with 2 different resist leaders for like, 75% resist water and 50% dark.

Been trying to come up with some strategies as well. The oft-posted strategies...I can't do either.

Need to find a 3rd strategy. Need the communities help when the dungeon shows up to see what works.

Been trying to come up with some strategies as well. The oft-posted strategies...I can't do either.

Need to find a 3rd strategy. Need the communities help when the dungeon shows up to see what works.
Maybe you'll get "lucky" and pull a drawn joker during godfest. That would fill one of the leader requirements, and it is a dark event.

Maybe you'll get "lucky" and pull a drawn joker during godfest. That would fill one of the leader requirements, and it is a dark event.

hahahahahahah hahahaha oooo haha.

good one dude, good one.

Would really want to tackle 2Heroes. Zeus is def a no-go. Going to try Hera with the following

Viper
Light Demon
Light Demon
Lilith
????
Ammy

Need something for the last spot. Don't need Echilada since I'll be using Viper. Maybe the Light skydragon if I can level him up a bit.

Thoughts?

Yaari

Those Skydragons need plenty of exp to be sufficient. Its not really important what you use though, you'll probably make it with resolve, the only issue is that it will take a couple of hours.

hahahahahahah hahahaha oooo haha.

good one dude, good one.

Would really want to tackle 2Heroes. Zeus is def a no-go. Going to try Hera with the following

Viper
Light Demon
Light Demon
Lilith
????
Ammy

Need something for the last spot. Don't need Echilada since I'll be using Viper. Maybe the Light skydragon if I can level him up a bit.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure what your HP/attack totals are - what are you going to do about the randomized first couple of mobs? If they're on the same turn timer, you need to be able to kill one of them before they go off.
http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/ヘラ降臨!

Those Skydragons need plenty of exp to be sufficient. Its not really important what you use though, you'll probably make it with resolve, the only issue is that it will take a couple of hours.

damn...

I'm not sure what your HP/attack totals are - what are you going to do about the randomized first couple of mobs? If they're on the same turn timer, you need to be able to kill one of them before they go off.
http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/ヘラ降臨!

Yeah, that's my problem right now. If I max the 2 Harpie's, that would give me 2.3k HP and 2.7k attack. That's just with Orchi, Lilith, 2xHarpies....would use Ammy + another strong atk sub. I just don't know what an adequate sub would be or this is even feasible.

Just watched a video and it's not looking so good.

MicH

Wow... so people seem to be saying that each level of the CoSA and CoSITA have a level that each variety of knight will spawn on. If this is truely the case that's awesome. I should be able to farm the crap out of these and hopefully come up with the Phoenix and Fenrir knight I so desperately need.

Here's the list in case you're wondering.

Castle of Satan (魔王の城) dungeons:
Castle Gate (城門) - Mystic Light Knight
The Witches' Ball (魔女達の舞踏会) - Mystic Stone Knight
Cage of the Beast (魔獣の檻) - Mystic Ice Knight
The King's Protectors (王を守る者) - Mystic Flame Knight
King of Darkness (暗闇の王) - Mystic Dark Knight

Castle of Satan in the Abyss (深淵の魔王城) dungeons:
Cursed Jewels (呪われし宝石達) - Mystic Ice Knight
Bloody Scales over Soft Skin (柔肌と血染めの鱗) - Mystic Flame Knight
Guardian of the Doorway (扉の守護獣) - Mystic Dark Knight
Dragon Puppets (傀儡の龍) - Mystic Light Knight
Return of the Dark King (甦りし暗黒の王) - Mystic Stone Knight

This was taken from another forum and is translated from a asian wiki so take with a grain of salt. Are the knights 100% drop if they appear?
So now, according to the Facebook group, this is correct (for the tech dungeon). It seems people mistook the dungeon they got their knights in at first, but this has now been confirmed. It also fits with my data - mystic dark on the third stage.

Sorry for the confusion folks!

SaberVulcan

So now, according to the Facebook group, this is correct (for the tech dungeon). It seems people mistook the dungeon they got their knights in at first, but this has now been confirmed. It also fits with my data - mystic dark on the third stage.

Sorry for the confusion folks!

So its only confirmed for the Tech dungeon, not the standard Castle of Satan right?

I better step it up and unlock that tech dungeon... need CDK bad.

MicH

Also, 2x King rate starting today? Today's Ruby Dragons has it, according to newsfeed. PLEASE let it be there Sunday for Gold dragons, as well!

OK so these Whiskey dragons...

Each dungeon is tri-color only, but the tri-colors are normal for RED, BLUE, GREEN (RGB no dark or light),

but the dark and light dungeons are weird, light dungeon does not have light orbs, dark dungeon does not have dark orbs. (or is that backwards...) EDIT: Dark Whiskey is light/fire/grass, so is Light Whiskey Dark/Fire/Water?

So dual resist seems to be the way to go, with the legendary parts of the dungeons requiring some really unique teams due to off color high ATK monsters appearing.

Light and Dark seem pretty crazy, not looking forward to those.

Am I off base with trying to handle these like the mechdragon technicals? Dual resist + High ATK monsters+ max siren?

lordcyno

debating whether an artemis/freyja team with an average lvl of 65 can take on 2 heroes.

Otherwise, I could start farming the friday dungeon for the 3 dub-amelits and use my pengras to evolve a dark ceres that might not see much use outside of 2 heroes

I already have a more cu chulain so it's not a big deal if i can't finish the dungeon

For what it's worth I got my mystic flame knight in the one listed above. /shrug. I was playing on my alt account and had that 1 encounter in 4 runs.

Edit: the whiskey dungeons have tricolor ones? Does that mean someone could roll the dice with Anubis leaders an hope for x10 chains? lol

Radav

Instead of rolling for a greek god, spend it on six stam refills!

HAHAHA! That actually made me laugh out loud. Mainly because I could really use a few greek gods so I saved the majority of stones I bought during the Norse/Egyptian godfest to use whenever a greek god event came along and now it's here so I'll have 14 rolls ready to go on Sunday!

Radav

For what it's worth I got my mystic flame knight in the one listed above. /shrug. I was playing on my alt account and had that 1 encounter in 4 runs.

Edit: the whiskey dungeons have tricolor ones? Does that mean someone could roll the dice with Anubis leaders an hope for x10 chains? lol

I'm absolutely praying I get lucky enough to pick up Anubis so I can fool around with him in those tricolor dungeons. It will probably end with me failing epically but, I'd love to give it a go. Side benefit would be he'd make a good sub on my fledgling dark team. lol

SaberVulcan

I'm absolutely praying I get lucky enough to pick up Anubis so I can fool around with him in those tricolor dungeons. It will probably end with me failing epically but, I'd love to give it a go. Side benefit would be he'd make a good sub on my fledgling dark team. lol

I pulled Anubis last godfest. Im too scared to try him as my leader xD.

Edit:
Can some who knows Japanese tell what the leader skills are for the new Vritra and Indra?

Looks like Vritra is going to stay a semi useless God.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-A6UaByX0y...1600/Screen+Shot+2013-03-29+at+4.05.33+AM.png

:( I like my Vritra. Also, when are these EVOs due to come in? Im checking the Chinese wiki and hes not on there... so guessing thats due for the next JP version patch, so the English one will be ways off eh?

OK so these Whiskey dragons...

Each dungeon is tri-color only, but the tri-colors are normal for RED, BLUE, GREEN (RGB no dark or light),

but the dark and light dungeons are weird, light dungeon does not have light orbs, dark dungeon does not have dark orbs. (or is that backwards...)

So dual resist seems to be the way to go, with the legendary parts of the dungeons requiring some really unique teams due to off color high ATK monsters appearing.

Light and Dark seem pretty crazy, not looking forward to those.

Am I off base with trying to handle these like the mechdragon technicals? Dual resist + High ATK monsters+ max siren?
Pretty much on point, although I think your tricolors are off. The dark whiskey dungeon is light/fire/grass only for example.

I think I mentioned this in a previous post, but each of the Whiskeydragons has a 999 turn gimmick buff that they almost always cast on turn 1. Dark's prevents you from using skills on him.

Radav

Pretty much on point, although I think your tricolors are off. The dark whiskey dungeon is light/fire/grass only for example.

I think I mentioned this in a previous post, but each of the Whiskeydragons has a 999 turn gimmick buff that they almost always cast on turn 1. Dark's prevents you from using skills on him.

Awesome. These dungeons sound way more interesting then the weekly dragon dungeons we've had so far.

I got him last fest. I don't feel so lucky. May take him out tomorrow or tri-color something. SO much luck

MicH

Gotta get that poison/gravity out quickly man

Whelp, I know where all my Stamina is going today.

I may have to buy more boxes. How many Divine masks do you guys keep? After the 2x event, I think I have like 5+ of each. For each color. I have 225 boxes, and 222 are full already.
I only keep evo mats that I need. The only ones I keep multiple spares of are the Rainbow mats, i.e., Keeper, Mythlit, Dub-Mythlit, Mystic Mask. But I'll still fuse some of those away if I get too many, which is often the case with Mythlits since I get so many while farming Pengdras.

Also the dungeons drop enhance material that, at max level (around 3500 exp to get there) provide 18k EXP to same-element monsters. I've been grinding Dark Whiskey the past two weeks for this very reason (also why I'm the most familiar with him out of all the whiskeys)

Also, Isis is gong to be in high demand the next month because the Whiskeys are tricolor.

Splat

Yikes, didn't see how much end boss of Tomb of the Saints Expert hits for, Odin wasn't enough to mitigate. Resolve I guess? I need some Amaterasu friends I guess until I get mine levelled up

Is that skill preventing active's, Leaders or both?

If it is both, then WTF??? Active's I could probably deal with, it would just suck and I would have to pray for heart orbs, leaders = death.

Is that skill preventing active's, Leaders or both?

If it is both, then WTF??? Active's I could probably deal with, it would just suck and I would have to pray for heart orbs, leaders = death.
Active skills that target him only, so orb changing and self healing still works. I have no idea what the other whiskeys do; I wasn't really high enough in level to fight them.

Also the dungeons drop enhance material that, at max level (around 3500 exp to get there) provide 18k EXP to same-element monsters. I've been grinding Dark Whiskey the past two weeks for this very reason (also why I'm the most familiar with him out of all the whiskeys)

Also, Isis is gong to be in high demand the next month because the Whiskeys are tricolor.

I would guess most of the Egyptians are going to be pretty good, SO easy to do major combos in tri-color. I'll probably even put Anubis up and let you guys have some fun.

I would guess most of the Egyptians are going to be pretty good, SO easy to do major combos in tri-color. I'll probably even put Anubis up and let you guys have some fun.
Well, Horus and Ra are completely useless because of the fact that they're tricolor. Prepare to see some idiots on PG go into the dungeons with Team Horus over the next month.

J0dy77

So I had this happen just now:

nQhYx8Ul.png

It was "... in the abyss" - "Guardian of the Doorway" matching up with the posted drop schedule. Not sure if it is a guaranteed drop but he dropped for me. Very excited with this drop, boosts my dark and ADK teams tremendously. Going to try for a second but probably later in the week. Back to maxing the Hera team.

I know we all bitch about getting "Gunho'd" and trolled by this game but Gungho has really taken care of the loyal players. It seems like every other week we have a new event, more free stones, new dungeons. Hard to say that I've received this kind of support with any other game, guess that's the benefit of being a simpler mobile game that does not require months of development.

Finally got my Mystic Dark knight, the only other time I had even seen one was during a failed Hera run a month ago.

Now watch on Sunday, I will get three...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom