• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaberVulcan

\o/
b0J2qOr.png
Cex35nq.png

2 in a row after ~16 of nothin.

Edit: Also, I usually got great Marine Goblin luck Sea Cave Mercury - The Fanged Warriors. The dungeon is Mono-blue, so you have a chance at one each wave, and its pretty quick.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Still a bit annoyed that Hera is before Zeus. I only have one Hera... how much harder is it to do Zeus with only one Hera?

Still a bit annoyed that Hera is before Zeus. I only have one Hera... how much harder is it to do Zeus with only one Hera?
If you have a Hades then you don't need a second Hera. The important thing is that with two Gigagravity activations you chop Zeus's HP down to 49%, as opposed to 70% with one.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
If you have a Hades then you don't need a second Hera. The important thing is that with two Gigagravity activations you chop Zeus's HP down to 49%, as opposed to 70% with one.

Unfortunately I do not. Hoping to pull one tomorrow. Also need to finish maxing up my vamp, or would Hell queen be preferable to vamp? Guessing damage is more important.

Apparently we're getting a Noel dragon tomorrow. His leader skill is 2x HP and RCV for his colour, red, green or blue. The blue one is supposed to be great for Goemon but I'm thinking it should also make a really good Two Heroes team paired with an Abyss Neptune. Easily 20k+ HP and huge RCV plus reduction to blue/black seems like pretty much a free kill to me.

Nice. So much going on !!

Unfortunately I do not. Hoping to pull one tomorrow. Also need to finish maxing up my vamp, or would Hell queen be preferable to vamp? Guessing damage is more important.

Better knock that off.

Any need for two Chaos Knights? I had a 2nd drop today...Wondering if I should evo or try for a skill-up

edit : sorry for the double!

daemissary

Does anyone know how much damage the active skill of the Whiskey dragons does? Those could be pretty absurd with a max skill level only having a 4 turn cool down.

I have heard that the "Noel" monsters we are supposed to get are predetermined when you enter a dungeon, but you can exit and renter the dungeon to gaurantee a specific element (blue,red, green). Does anyone have an idea on how to tell which. One you are getting?

I really want the blue one (as I lack a blue atk/rcv monster and I've heard it can be useful for blue Hera)

Sent GC@Gaf a gift
Hey, man! Thanks! I didn't even know you were a Gaffer, since you didn't have GAF in your name and weren't on the spreadsheet. Just saw your present this morning before seeing your post on GAF. I got the Light starter, which was the only one I was missing. I got the Dark starter when I sent my present to Xelios.

2 for 3 on Marine Gobline skillups. You guys notice the rate better than last time?
I'm 1/7 on my CDK. Still need 1 more skill-up to max it out, as well as a second CDK that's still base level. Though, now I'm thinking I shouldn't bother with the CDKs or Verches since they both have dedicated dungeons like the ADKs. The Fire and Water Knights are the hardest to skill-up since they don't have their own dungeons for some reason. So, I might start trying to skill those up. After I beat Breakers for the completion stone, Monday will be all day Castle of Satan in the Abyss farming during the 1.5x Technical dungeon event. And course Dragon farming when those come around.

Good luck on the Hades pull. He and Persephone should have the highest drop rates tomorrow, with the combined Dark/Greek event.

Better knock that off.

Any need for two Chaos Knights? I had a 2nd drop today...Wondering if I should evo or try for a skill-up
I use 2 on my ADK team, but I like to keep 2 of each of the useful orb changers in general.

OTIX

Does anyone know how much damage the active skill of the Whiskey dragons does? Those could be pretty absurd with a max skill level only having a 4 turn cool down.
I heard 25k but that seems almost too good.

I have heard that the "Noel" monsters we are supposed to get are predetermined when you enter a dungeon, but you can exit and renter the dungeon to gaurantee a specific element (blue,red, green). Does anyone have an idea on how to tell which. One you are getting?

I really want the blue one (as I lack a blue atk/rcv monster and I've heard it can be useful for blue Hera)
Apparently it has to do with what skill the enemy uses but I'm not sure if we know the translated skill names yet. We will see tomorrow I guess. Their leader skill is 2x HP and RCV which is pretty crazy.

Double Noel team might actually be even better than Noel+Neptune for Two Heroes, though either should be better than a quad resist team.

zeelman

I just finished the Castle of Satan, and I need help making a team.

This is my box. Not shown are Evolve Materials. Also I just evolved the Naga a minute ago, and pulled a Yomi from the Egg Machine.

5WFIrAY.png

Here's my current team.

ieGyUW0.png

I was told at another forum to make a Mono Blue-Red team with a Blue-Red Leviathan, and I should also get both a red and a blue mystic knight. My team cost is making it hard for me to use my good stuff, so what should I run in the meantime as I try to get that?

This is my box. Not shown are Evolve Materials. Also I just evolved the Naga a minute ago, and pulled a Yomi from the Egg Machine.

5WFIrAY.png

Here's my current team.

ieGyUW0.png

I was told at another forum to make a Mono Blue-Red team with a Blue-Red Leviathan, and I should also get both a red and a blue mystic knight. My team cost is making it hard for me to use my good stuff, so what should I run in the meantime as I try to get that?
Run Tower of Giants: Dragons of the Tower all weekend. You'll be able to get up to around rank 90 without running out of stamina.

So what I should use all those Ruby Dragons on? The Naga or the Freyr? I would like to use both eventually.

The naga, more useful on different teams. I would also recommend you go through SoMe of the levels of castle of satan. Try to get some of the mystic knights that are in that dungeon (special for this week only). Every single one is useful, and every floor drops a different knight. These can wait until Monday, when the other tower is up, but the drops will not be as common. Check the previous page for which floors drop which knight.

It will also help you with rank ups

OTIX

So what I should use all those Ruby Dragons on? The Naga or the Freyr? I would like to use both eventually.
Don't use your small ruby dragons for xp directly, use them to evolve red pengdras from the tech dungeons.

Also, evolving your Volcano dragon one more time makes him way more useful.

Lumiere

Neo Member
I've been having horrible luck with Mythlits recently! Have several monsters lined up for evolution and the only thing I'm missing are Mythilits, sigh. I used to get a lot of them farming technical dungeons, but in my repeated spamming of Castle of Satan yesterday and today I have yet to see any... :[

MicH

Can't wait for Gold dragons tomorrow. So many stones will be used and so much money will be made selling the small dragons

http://i.imgur.com/5WFIrAY.png[IMG]

Here's my current team.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ieGyUW0.png[IMG]

I was told at another forum to make a Mono Blue-Red team with a Blue-Red Leviathan, and I should also get both a red and a blue mystic knight. My team cost is making it hard for me to use my good stuff, so what should I run in the meantime as I try to get that?[/QUOTE]

First, try to get your rank up. Do what George said: just marathon run Tower of Giants: Dragons of the Tower. Great Experience during weekend with the 1/2 stamina modifier.

Regarding your team, build up that Freyr, and make a Fire team. Freyr as leader, your Naga, evolve your volcano dragon. Also, try and get a mystic flame knight during this event that's running. Mystic flame knight appears in the 4th lvl of the Castle of Satan. To fill out the last slot on your team, you can farm for a titan or a flame golem.

Find friends who run Shiva or Ares. Enjoy burning shit up.

I heard 25k but that seems almost too good.

Apparently it has to do with what skill the enemy uses but I'm not sure if we know the translated skill names yet. We will see tomorrow I guess. Their leader skill is 2x HP and RCV which is pretty crazy.

Double Noel team might actually be even better than Noel+Neptune for Two Heroes, though either should be better than a quad resist team.

There's no way we have the skill names because what they say depends on the holiday. Each of them has their own unique skill name, but they may also use that "Wait and See" skill that Pengdras do.

Don't kill it if you want to retry since you only get one clear. Quit the dungeon from the menu.

raiot

Does anyone here have a Highlevel Zeus? I plan to take a shot at obtaining one myself the next week.
Highlander is also on my watchlist...
My ID: 317.248.206

Any opinions on my Zeus team:

Lvl 44 Dark Light Hades
Lvl 34 Duke Vampire Lord Skill lvl 4
Lvl 42 Chaos Dragon Knight
Lvl 31 Awoken Hera
Lvl 37 Echnida the red Empress or lvl 6 Viper Orochi

No Idea yet for the Two Heroes Dungeon...

Radav

So for those of you who've run 2 Heroes and Hera before how much will I regret not having a Ripper/Mech Dragon for my setups? I could potentially get together the XP to get my windmech up to 3k HP but I'd rather not spend 1 million XP on something I won't use very often.

I'm planning on going with

2 Heroes

Ceres - Awoken Odin - CDK - Rainbow Keeper - Max Skill Siren - Abyss Neptune

Hera

Awoken Odin - 2 x Rainbow Keeper - Woodmech Warrior Asgard - Shiva - Ammy

From what I've read I think I'll be fine but that pic a page back of 4 mystic knights kinda freaked me out. lol

MicH

Nice! I am spending everything I have on my Ammy. All pendrags, all kings. You name it, shes using it.

Lvl 82, +12 Rcv.

...... 50 more Pengdra to go. Ugh
Me too :D She is getting a LOT tomorrow though. Planning on spending a lot stones refilling stamina for Gold dragons. Should max her, I hope. Only need 30 Gold Kings!

I somehow managed to run a team over my cost limit. I evolved two of my rippers and went over the limit but switched to the next team then picked a helper and switched back to the team. Problem is its kinda a crappy team.
zdbsZpC.png

Also fuck those toy dragons I almost beat them but no heal orbs came up.

ParityBit

Me too :D She is getting a LOT tomorrow though. Planning on spending a lot stones refilling stamina for Gold dragons. Should max her, I hope.

Are you shooting for 99?

I am sure I could get away with not doing it, but I am sick of always relying on other people for this. Plus I know people here would appreciate it. :)

ParityBit

Yup, maxing her level. Only takes 30 Gold Kings for me... :p

Haha. Only 30 .... I need 20! I am hoping to get a few more sapphire kings tonight to feed her. Then wait for tomorrow. I am assuming I will run the gold if its there.

Is it worth giving her the normal gold dragons? Or just sell those?

moop1167

Man I am really lost in this game. I am rank 63 but I cannot get past Polar Night Tower for the regular dungeons and Faithless Temple with No Name for technical (Innocent Attack). I just take too much damage.

Then I see guys on my friends list who are similar or lower than my rank with monsters that are 5-6 star. I can't even evolve mine further because the evolve screen shows question marks, which means the materials are beyond where I am stuck.

MicH

Haha. Only 30 .... I need 20! I am hoping to get a few more sapphire kings tonight to feed her. Then wait for tomorrow. I am assuming I will run the gold if its there.

Is it worth giving her the normal gold dragons? Or just sell those?
I say sell. As Yari said there's not a lot of experience in them and it will be too expensive. Good money though

Best dragon run I've ever had.

xA2LfmRl.jpg
God damn. Why is this never happening for me? ;(

ParityBit

Man I am really lost in this game. I am rank 63 but I cannot get past Polar Night Tower for the regular dungeons and Faithless Temple with No Name for technical (Innocent Attack). I just take too much damage.

Then I see guys on my friends list who are similar or lower than my rank with monsters that are 5-6 star. I can't even evolve mine further because the evolve screen shows question marks, which means the materials are beyond where I am stuck.

Look here.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

This will help you a ton.

Jagernaut

I want to run the dark sky dragon on master while the drop rate is 2x and I don't want to waste 50 stamina. Can I beat it with resist + healer or do I need an Odin?

OTIX

I want to run the dark sky dragon on master while the drop rate is 2x and I don't want to waste 50 stamina. Can I beat it with resist + healer or do I need an Odin?
Resist+healer is much better but he deals 6500 per turn so you need a strong healer.

daemissary

Healer needs to be able to do something like 3245 per turn with a 50% resist guy to beat the boss. The waves before that will do even more damage but you can get through them if you charge your rippers in rounds 1 and 5 and activate one per round.

Yaari

How much do those little Gold Dragons sell for tomorrow? I am wondering if its worth running Weekend Dungeon or if those will supply enough gold on their own.

J0dy77

How much do those little Gold Dragons sell for tomorrow? I am wondering if its worth running Weekend Dungeon or if those will supply enough gold on their own.

The kings sell for 300k if I remember correctly, the little ones don't sell for anything.

Uthred

Fuck hadnt checked out the thread all week and earlier today decided to give the rare gacha a pull when I could have waited till tomorrow.

Colby

Little ones sell for 3k. If you're doing a ton of runs, that adds up.

So what are you guys doing today? Just trying to get Mystic Knights?

OTIX

Little ones sell for 3k. If you're doing a ton of runs, that adds up.

So what are you guys doing today? Just trying to get Mystic Knights?
Mystic knights will be available all week. Today I'm feeding my Heroes and Hera teams. Also getting some blue pengdras set aside for the Noel dragon tomorrow.

Yaari

If I end up with extra stones I think I'll max out my friendlist. During events like these it probably pays off.

As for Noel dragon, whats everyone going to do with it? I heard its actually a very nice leader for defeating Goemon. Who wouldve thought that? I guess I'm going for the Water version.

Is there a way to pick which colour of Noel dragon you want or is it random?

Which one appears is random; just quit out of the menu and retry if you don't get the one you want.

Make sure to take a weak team in so you don't accidentally kill it before it uses the skill that identifies which one it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom