• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSteel

How exactly does the HP boost for Shiva/other gods work? I thought I would only hit around 16000 when using dual shiva the destroyers, but testing it out it ended up being more around 22000.

How exactly does the HP boost for Shiva/other gods work? I thought I would only hit around 16000 when using dual shiva the destroyers, but testing it out it ended up being more around 22000.

That comparison doesn't really help without telling us what your base HP is... but the HP buffs overlap so dual evolved Shivas will give 2.25x HP/ATK/RCV.

razterik

Two Shivas? Look at your teams HP in the Edit screen and multiply that by 2.25. And then add in 2.25x your friend leader's HP.

Edit: 2.25x the answer to his question, too, heh.

BlueSteel

Ahhh ok. I don't know why it didn't work out in my calculations before, but it does now. Looks like to be safe for 2 heroes I'll need another 2 thousand or so HP than I currently have now. Looking forward to just going nuts in the upcoming ruby dungeon in 10 minutes.

razterik

Ahhh ok. I don't know why it didn't work out in my calculations before, but it does now. Looks like to be safe for 2 heroes I'll need another 2 thousand or so HP than I currently have now. Looking forward to just going nuts in the upcoming ruby dungeon in 10 minutes.

What team and subs are you looking at? Just curious what you are going to focus on.

I'm going to avoid using dual shivas since berserk resists fire. But I guess shivas skill and all fire damage would wreck highlander. Is this actually a valid team to go with? I can't see it being super reliable against the vampires either.

BlueSteel

I'm going to avoid using dual shivas since berserk resists fire. But I guess shivas skill and all fire damage would wreck highlander. Is this actually a valid team to go with? I can't see it being super reliable against the vampires either.

I'm not sure if it's viable, but I figure I wanted to boost up some of my fire monsters.

What team and subs are you looking at? Just curious what you are going to focus on.

Currently I'm thinking of something like this:

Shiva 6* (45)
MVD (8 atm)
Horus/Gigas (10)
Homura (33)
Echidna (33)

I thought about berserk resisting fire, so I'm not sure this will really work, but I've been wanting to get higher level monsters, and I figure until I can create an as-strong wood team, I might as work on this.

razterik

I haven't seen anyone really recommend it elsewhere, but it should be possible. Berserk will take longer and red has a big RCV weakness. Can be somewhat fixed by running Echidna(s), for RCV and delay. You should tear up Highlander with ease, and the overall higher HP and ATK should be useful elsewhere.

razterik

I'm not sure if it's viable, but I figure I wanted to boost up some of my fire monsters.

Currently I'm thinking of something like this:

Shiva 6* (45)
MVD (8 atm)
Horus/Gigas (10)
Homura (33)
Echidna (33)

I thought about berserk resisting fire, so I'm not sure this will really work, but I've been wanting to get higher level monsters, and I figure until I can create an as-strong wood team, I might as work on this.

What is your RCV with that team? I'd think about dropping the MVD and running another Empress Echidna (you had 3, right?). That extra delay will help more than the ripper damage. Toss up between Gigas and Horus. Gigas orb change will be more useful and he has higher HP, but Horus brings more RCV which you might need. Tough call there. Whatever you pick, make sure you dump as much exp as you can into the members you are taking.

BlueSteel

Hm, I'm looking at what I have so far and I'm thinking it's probably not doable. I'm only hitting around 2k rcv, and that's taking out MVD and replacing it with echidna.

razterik

Hm, I'm looking at what I have so far and I'm thinking it's probably not doable. I'm only hitting around 2k rcv, and that's taking out MVD and replacing it with echidna.

At level 30ish for all your subs, you should be about 3k RCV? More with Horus. Or did I do the math wrong?

xCobalt

PmzzLfh.jpg

Here's how my dark team is shaping up for Heroes Descended. Not sure if the helper should be another Loki for the additional recovery or Vampire Lord for orbs/higher attack.

Slottm

Neo Member
To be honest, you have very little exp invested into those monsters. Maybe like...1-1.5m between the bunch. You need some serious leveling work in order to be able to do these legendary level dungeons. A low level team is going to ride the struggle bus to failure. The only teams that can really get away with being underleveled are resistance based teams (ie; something like fortoytops with an abyss neptune)

edit: post is directed to bluesteel, xCobalt replied to the thread prior to me getting mine in :p

BlueSteel

At level 30ish for all your subs, you should be about 3k RCV? More with Horus. Or did I do the math wrong?

Ah I forgot about shiva's skill, with an extra echidna it'd be about 4500 rcv

To be honest, you have very little exp invested into those monsters. Maybe like...1-1.5m between the bunch. You need some serious leveling work in order to be able to do these legendary level dungeons. A low level team is going to ride the struggle bus to failure. The only teams that can really get away with being underleveled are resistance based teams (ie; something like fortoytops with an abyss neptune)

edit: post is directed to bluesteel, xCobalt replied to the thread prior to me getting mine in :p

I figured as much. I don't have much confidence with two heroes, but I have a good idea of what I should be doing in order to get it working for hera.

Slottm

Neo Member
Again, I'm sorry but I dont feel your fire team is ready for Hera. You need a team with some 99s (and plus eggs) to be able to handle these dungeons. There's simply too much RNG in these extended battles in which you're eventually going to get screwed on health orbs or something and have to be able to take a few hits to prepare. a CDD/odin strategy may suit you better until your red team is significantly more leveled.

BlueSteel

Again, I'm sorry but I dont feel your fire team is ready for Hera. You need a team with some 99s (and plus eggs) to be able to handle these dungeons. There's simply too much RNG in these extended battles in which you're eventually going to get screwed on health orbs or something and have to be able to take a few hits to prepare. a CDD/odin strategy may suit you better until your red team is significantly more leveled.

Oh, I wasn't planning on using my fire team. I was planning on resolving it for a few hours xD

Slottm

Neo Member
Ahh okay, resolve can be tricky until you make it to the boss levels, you may need to use some stones. What's your team comp? (also, the two most failsafe teams are odin + ameterasu with 16500 hp or more, or CDD, siren siren lilith (anything high damage here) plus odin helper. These two teams take a while to clear it but use no stones.

How hard are the first four floors of Hera, using the Odin/Ama team without a mechdragon? I don't have the team cost to fit one in so I'm just running three rainbow keepers. Should I be prepared to spend some stones early, or is it still relatively safe?

Slottm

Neo Member
Never posted an image here to gaf, but here's a picture from hera's 3rd appearance, on valentine's day.

T8EvFjD.jpg

So...yeah. I made it out of that round though :)

Slottm

Neo Member
Additional note: each of those hits for 6500 every 3 turns, with 77000 health and 900 armor.

When I first got to that stage, I kind of just stared at the screen, said what the fuck, texted my friend. and closed pad for a few mins...went back in and gave it my all and came out unscathed...had to build skills back up with 2 mystic knights pounding on me :)

BlueSteel

Ahh okay, resolve can be tricky until you make it to the boss levels, you may need to use some stones. What's your team comp? (also, the two most failsafe teams are odin + ameterasu with 16500 hp or more, or CDD, siren siren lilith (anything high damage here) plus odin helper. These two teams take a while to clear it but use no stones.

Yea, I'm already expecting to use stones. I figure I pulled a ton before, this'll be more stone-efficient.

I was thinking of something like

Viper Orochi
Lillith
2x Thunder Chimera / 2x thunder demons depending on how lazy I get leveling them up.
Verche
Amy

But I might try for something like CDD, Siren Siren Lillith + Odin helper like you stated.

razterik

Oh, I wasn't planning on using my fire team. I was planning on resolving it for a few hours xD

I looked at your team options a bit more and Slottm made an interesting point about Hera for you. I don't think you have the team cost yet to run Odin and multiple rainbow keepers for the 16.5k team, but CDD/Odin might be viable if at least one of your Sirens is max skilled. Either your Odin or Chaos Devil Dragon and the other for friend leader. Sub the 2 Sirens, Shiva if you can fit him for Neptune (or else Lilith), and whatever other high HP damage dealer you can. You have to manually heal every turn.

Slottm

Neo Member
Let me ask you a question - not to deter you by any means, but of what use is Hera to you? Personally, I've obtained two, and the only time i've ever used her was against herself...literally once. Yes, she's great against zeus, if you take the time to level a full dark team...but you'd probably be better off focusing on leveling your red team up, or formulating a better team against her, and take her out twice in one day next time, using less stones.

BlueSteel

Let me ask you a question - not to deter you by any means, but of what use is Hera to you? Personally, I've obtained two, and the only time i've ever used her was against herself...literally once. Yes, she's great against zeus, if you take the time to level a full dark team...but you'd probably be better off focusing on leveling your red team up, or formulating a better team against her, and take her out twice in one day next time, using less stones.

To be honest, there is absolutely no reason I'm trying to get her other than that it's a good challenge. I've been meh clearing the technicals and trying to evolve everything, so it's just been a good motivator to play the game more. This event period has gotten me all giddy so I just want to get in on the fun haha.

Slottm

Neo Member
I like the thrill of a challenge too, but don't like the thought of throwing stones at it until I can beat it. I usually try to beat things going in with a strategy that should be capable of winning with 0 stones (aside from something ridiculous like zeus). I really dont like the thought of an odin + 3 keeper strat, or a resolve team. Trash (first 4 non boss waves) is extremely difficult and should not be taken lightly by any means. To give you an example, if you enter the dungeon and 2 devils are attacking you on turn 1 with a resolve team? You might as well just quit out because unless you throw 20 stones at it, you're toast. The only resolve team I have any "respect" for is valkyrie, siren siren echidna lilith, viper friend. This team can 0 stone clear it.

I like the thrill of a challenge too, but don't like the thought of throwing stones at it until I can beat it. I usually try to beat things going in with a strategy that should be capable of winning with 0 stones (aside from something ridiculous like zeus). I really dont like the thought of an odin + 3 keeper strat, or a resolve team. Trash (first 4 non boss waves) is extremely difficult and should not be taken lightly by any means. To give you an example, if you enter the dungeon and 2 devils are attacking you on turn 1 with a resolve team? You might as well just quit out because unless you throw 20 stones at it, you're toast. The only resolve team I have any "respect" for is valkyrie, siren siren echidna lilith, viper friend. This team can 0 stone clear it.
So would you recommend that team over Odin+3 keepers? I have both but the healer team is pretty low level, all around level 40. I just thought Odin would be safer.

Slottm

Neo Member
Lets say you go against that trash wave I posted, using odin, ameterasu, 3 rainbow keepers and 1 other. How do you plan to beat it?

BlueSteel

Up to an extent I have no qualms about putting in however many stones necessary. I've spent way too many stones on this before hand and recognize that I've slowed down to a pace I'm not ashamed of to worry too much about that. On the other hand, I know the first 4 levels are pretty terrible, and if it's gonna be that bad then I won't fret too much about it and just wait until the next time the dungeon appears.

If there's something out there that says it can be done in any way and I don't at least prep for it and try it once, then it drives me insane.

Lets say you go against that trash wave I posted, using odin, ameterasu, 3 rainbow keepers and 1 other. How do you plan to beat it?

I suppose using Orochi's skill with a Valkyrie team is the only likely way to survive that. I can run the Valkyrie team and probably make it through the first four with no stones, but it just seems like a lot of time spent on the bosses with literally hundreds of opportunities to lose focus and screw up.

J0dy77

Up to an extent I have no qualms about putting in however many stones necessary. I've spent way too many stones on this before hand and recognize that I've slowed down to a pace I'm not ashamed of to worry too much about that. On the other hand, I know the first 4 levels are pretty terrible, and if it's gonna be that bad then I won't fret too much about it and just wait until the next time the dungeon appears.

If there's something out there that says it can be done in any way and I don't at least prep for it and try it once, then it drives me insane.

I'm with bluesteel, give the dungeons a shit even if you have little shot at beating some. The experience and practice you obtain from running the dungeons will help for the next time they come around. It should help you focus the team build as well.

I feel like I'm very close on a Hera and Heroes team. But haven't really seen the dungeons up close outside of strategy talk. Actually playing should help me learn a lot.

Yaari

So I got a single Pal Egg pull today which was a Naga, I decided to go for the skill-up, and interestingly I got a pretty nice streak with my Echidna so far, so she went from 3 -> 4.
Makes up for the shitty King pulls.

Kosh

[US] Sapphire Dragons (20 Stamina) 3/30/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

Kosh

Tuesday - Two Heroes

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1080

Thursday - Zeus team and strat.

http://ggftw.com/forum/1798765-post967.html

Saturday - Hera

http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=842

Sunday - Valkyrie Videos

http://youtu.be/kC-bhTXe9sk

http://youtu.be/7YCglLUgxe0

http://youtu.be/Icx4grTjwPY

http://youtu.be/9ZKtbBg62pw

If you have a Publix in your area, there is a coupon in their flyer for $10 off $50 or more on iTunes cards. Today is the last day on the offer.

Radav

YAY! It's been a pretty good last 12 hours of PAD for me so far. I finished skilling up my Vampire Lord last night. Glad I won't ever be doing that again. This morning I got my Mystic Fire Knight after the 12th run trying for it. Then on my 2nd run trying to get the Ice Knight he appeared! Woo! During all those runs I got countless red pengdras and 4 King Metal Dragons. I've got a boatload of XP stuff sitting my box. I'm going to have to hit the Thursday dungeon hard. lol Man I wish we knew when the dark/light pengdras were coming. I'd consider saving all the little golds we're going to get tomorrow if it were soon.

LowParry

So I've been playing around with this game for the past couple of weeks though I want to get more involved in playing. I've read up on some basics but still a bit confused on where I should be setting goals with this game. This is what I currently have:

IegXvMt.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

I had a chat with a JP player about the Valkyrie dungeon yesterday. The reason why she's considered the hardest boss in the game is because at low health, she will cast Resurrection and heal back to full HP. This makes her unlike the other dungeons where you can just throw stones at the boss until you win. If you fail to kill her and she casts Resurrection, you've already failed the dungeon.

Hey mich and Radav, what is the HP of your dark Ceres? I am probably going to end up using you two for two heroes and I'm trying to put the finishing touches on my team

MicH

2 for 3 on Marine Gobline skillups. You guys notice the rate better than last time?
Yep! As in "I GOT MY LAST ADK SKILL UP ON MY FIRST TRY" :D

Hey mich and Radav, what is the HP of your dark Ceres? I am probably going to end up using you two for two heroes and I'm trying to put the finishing touches on my team
1207 and Abyss Neptune has 1746.

Hopefully I can level both up a bit when I'm done with Ama

2 for 3 on Marine Gobline skillups. You guys notice the rate better than last time?
Not for me. Took me 15 big baddies the get 1 skill up on my vamp lord yesterday. Luckily I'm done with him, both sirens, and gigas, so no more skill ups for me for a while.

Edit: never mind I forgot about ADK. Still two more to go...

ParityBit

Yay! I got my succubus finally! (and another Dark Knight!)

Where is the best place to farm Marine Goblins? Maybe I spend a little stamina on that while I wait for my dragon dungeons (3pm, 8pm, 1am for me. Ugh)

OTIX

Apparently we're getting a Noel dragon tomorrow. His leader skill is 2x HP and RCV for his colour, red, green or blue. The blue one is supposed to be great for Goemon but I'm thinking it should also make a really good Two Heroes team paired with an Abyss Neptune. Easily 20k+ HP and huge RCV plus reduction to blue/black seems like pretty much a free kill to me.

Yay! I got my succubus finally! (and another Dark Knight!)

Where is the best place to farm Marine Goblins? Maybe I spend a little stamina on that while I wait for my dragon dungeons (3pm, 8pm, 1am for me. Ugh)

I've been doing Castle of Satan - Expert and getting quite a few to drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom