• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

What's the tactical value of the noel dragons? Their active skill seems nice but not sure why you'd want a HP/RCV multiplier over an HP/ATK multiplier or something.

razterik

What's the tactical value of the noel dragons? Their active skill seems nice but not sure why you'd want a HP/RCV multiplier over an HP/ATK multiplier or something.

With enough HP and RCV you can tank even the biggest hits, even Zeus. Low damage output means some enemies take forever, but you essentially can't die if you can take any hit and heal back from it.

Caerith

With enough HP and RCV you can tank even the biggest hits, even Zeus. Low damage output means some enemies take forever, but you essentially can't die if you can take any hit and heal back from it.
Ah, makes sense.

How can we tell which Noel dragon it is we're going to get?

The general feeling is that most players want the Blue Noel Dragon. Some people are saying it's good for Goemon's dungeon, while some want to use it for the Heroes dungeon. Though, I'm not sure what makes Blue better than the other colors against Heroes, especially since Water would be weak against Highlander, while Wood would be neutral against Highlander and strong against Berserk.

But just as a general ultra-defensive team, dual Blue Noel Dragons plus a couple max-skill Sirens, a Neptune, and some other filler would seem like a pretty effective turtle team against tough dungeons. You'd be pretty indestructible aside from having key monsters bound, and without any ATK multipliers Neptune could provide all the offense you need against ultra high defense enemies. And when Hera-Is becomes available, she'd fit perfectly on the team with her good all-around stats and Ultra Gravity skill to accelerate high HP boss fights.

Caerith

So, for Noel dragons, what I've gathered from comments on the FB group is that they have two skills each. "Wait and See" and a unique. The unique skill is how you can identify which one you're going to get:

Let's Celebrate Easer - red
Happy Easter - blue
Hallelujah - green

MicH

God Fest pulls:
Had 10 pulls saved up and bought a few more:

Marine Rider (I'm in the club now!)
Chiyome
Hattori Hanzo (yesss)
Apollo
Mystic Ice Knight
Shaitan
Hermes
Mystic Stone Knight (skill up!)
Mystic Dark Knight .(skill up!)
Machine Golem (skill up!)
Drall
Persephone
Ceres
Ceres (skill up on Ama!)
Susano

Overall pretty damn happy. A LOT of Gold eggs were dropping. Didn't get the Hades I wanted though :/

Uthred

Broke and bought one pull, Mystic Stone Kight, already have 2 ADK, didnt even get a skill up, should have known better.

Got red Noel five times in a row, not sure if its worth the stamina to keep trying for blue

Caerith

Broke and bought one pull, Mystic Stone Kight, already have 2 ADK, didnt even get a skill up, should have known better.

Got red Noel five times in a row, not sure if its worth the stamina to keep trying for blue
Stamina now, or seven months of "fuck I wish I had waited for blue" later.

suko_32

Got Blue noel dragon on my 2nd try. It's funny how you get a magic stone for this too.

Edit: Decided to do three pulls despite knowing better

1) Dryad (WHY)
2) Flame Golem (mehhhh)
3) Vampire Lord (YES!)

lordcyno

got the blue noel on my 6th try

did some pulls

cupid
hattori hanzo
ivory dragon
hermes
mystic dark knight
minerva

was hoping for a dark leader but i guess i can make an alternate blue team someday

Would've like Blue but didn't care enough to try over and over until I got one. Got the Green Noel Dragon on my one and only run. Now let's hope the gacha gods are kind.

Uthred

Think I might start up an alt account on my iPad, are any of the new greek gods particularly superior or is any greek god good to go with?

parasight

4 tries, no Blue Noel yet. Also just pulled a Fairlio on my first Rare pull. Already off to a great Easter.

EDIT: Yep, Dryad on pull #2. And that's all my pulls for today.

Got the green Noel dragon. Guess that works for me.

Decided to do two pulls.
first - Pierdrawn (duplicate and well...:()
second - Lilith the Witch of the Night (lvl 30 but my third one - no need for 3 right?)

I'm an addict, have to do two more...
third - Mystic Light Knight (I have Verche, do I need two?)
fourth - shardra (duplicate, and ugh)

Can't end up with nothing good...
fifth - Shaitan (almost wanted to spell it how I feel it)
sixth - Drall (dupe, but at least a +1 rcv...)
seventh - Shardra (grrrrrrr)
eighth - mystic flame knight (need a second?)
ninth - mermaid (third one...)
tenth - Persephone lvl 30 - finally something good and new!
eleventh - succubus (pushed my luck, calling it a night)

Gold eggs are bolded.

Flame Golem +1 HP
Pierdrawn (Skill-up)
Machine Golem
Pierdrawn (No skill-up)
Vampire Lord (No skill-up)
Mystic Dark Knight +1 HP (No skill-up)
Fuma Kotaro
Toytops (No skill-up)
Dryad
Tiamat
Chaos Dragon Knight (No skill-up)
Titan

The gods spread cheeks are insert cock in fucking ass!

MicH

IMPORTANT: MYSTIC KNIGHT SCHEDULE CHANGES EVERY TWO DAYS

Before you go out to hunt some Mystic Knights, please check the schedule below (courtesy of the Facebook group). The Knights rorate every two days, which means that, starting today, they are no longer in the dungeons they were yesterday:

644260_10151560425190609_843450625_n.jpg

massoluk

Banned

Damn, this thing. This thing just hang around between "Feeding material" but leaning heavily toward "Nice to keep around."

EDIT: Now that I think about it, definitely a keep.

Me: "Woohoooooo God Fest. There you go 5 delicious jewels, all I got"
Gungho: "LOL, here, have a flame golem.

I just noticed, looks like GungHo stealth-added another Technical dungeon. "Tower of Blazing Fire-Only/No Fr." So, now we have all 3 tricolor versions of that dungeon. I wonder if there are any additional dungeons after that. Guess I'll find out once I beat it.

I couldn't resist buying more stones after that horrible first batch of pulls. Had much better luck with the new pulls including Artemis, Hermes, 6* Ares, Hades, Venus, Ceres, Neptune, and Apollo. I really should have pulled last Godfes, because in hindsight I really want Horus and Freyr. But, I'll just wait for the Fire event to try for those.

Just wondering, did anyone get any Egyptian gods today? I didn't get any in about 40 pulls, so I'm wondering if GungHo excluded them from the machine today. I'm done pulling for today. Good luck to everyone else, and happy Gold Dragon day!

Caerith

While it bears repeating, never trust anything that PG says. Blue Noel being useful in 2heroes/Goemon/Hera-Is/<insert terrible idea for a 2/1/2 blue team> is a goddamn myth.
Almost all advice on PG is perfectly valid as long as you follow the standard strategy.

The standard strategy being this:
jTzgbbh.jpg

BlueSteel

I just noticed, looks like GungHo stealth-added another Technical dungeon. "Tower of Blazing Fire-Only/No Fr." So, now we have all 3 tricolor versions of that dungeon. I wonder if there are any additional dungeons after that. Guess I'll find out once I beat it.

I couldn't resist buying more stones after that horrible first batch of pulls. Had much better luck with the new pulls including Artemis, Hermes, 6* Ares, Hades, Venus, Ceres, Neptune, and Apollo. I really should have pulled last Godfes, because in hindsight I really want Horus and Freyr. But , I'll just wait for the Fire event to try for those.

Just wondering, did anyone get any Egyptian gods today? I didn't get any in about 40 pulls, so I'm wondering if GungHo excluded them from the machine today. I'm done pulling for today. Good luck to everyone else, and happy Gold Dragon day!

I got anubis, so they're definitely there.

Dispatch

I had enough stones for two pulls and got a Chaos Dragon Knight (sweet!) and a Dark Golem (meh) but now I have the pretty good makings of a dark team.

OTIX

Did seven pulls:

MLK
Dryad
Naga
Dark golem
Flame golem
Succubus
MFK

Put the iPad down and felt like never playing this stupid game ever again. Came back and did one more pull...

Ares fuck yeah!

Yaari

2 Pulls, I really could not resist. Shardra and a MDK which didnt skill me up.

It was hard to step away, but I really don't need Gods right now. I regret rolling but glad I stopped early, wish I went for friend slots though. REM is the fastest way to lose your stones.

I had 4 rolls on an alt where the only thing worth mentioning was Persephone but I've got no plans for her in a Horus team.

J0dy77

Here's this weekly story on why you don't PAD while half asleep. I woke up, ran the Easter dungeon, promptly fed what looked like an egg to my Valkyrie since it said "Enhance Material", of course I pulled a "Super" and get 1/1000 of a level total.

Why didn't I check this thread earlier? Oh well, another dragon I probably wouldn't have used.

Edit: Just checked the golden dragon schedule, Group B is the worst. More 2AM pulls. I'm really afraid to make any Rare pulls after the start to this morning.

TimeKillr

So here's my pulls for today:

Idunn & Idunna
Toytops
MLK
Dragonette (LOL)
Dark Golem MKII (+1 HP)
MFK
Vampire
Dark Golem MKII
Marine Rider (Never been so excited for a gold egg and so disappointed...)
Minerva (my 2nd..... useful, I guess)
DDK (+1 HP, will use for skillup!)
Pierdrawn (sigh)
Vampire Lord (skillup...)
MLK (...........)
MSK (Skillup..)
Artemis (finally a fucking greek god!)
Green Odin (my 3rd)

So.... Black event + Greek Godfest? 17 pulls, a single greek god, TONS and TONS of crap.

At least I got an I&I, could be useful for a blue team. It still pisses me off that I still can't pull a Neptune for the life of me :(

OTIX

Here's this weekly story on why you don't PAD while half asleep. I woke up, ran the Easter dungeon, promptly fed what looked like an egg to my Valkyrie since it said "Enhance Material", of course I pulled a "Super" and get 1/1000 of a level total.

Why didn't I check this thread earlier? Oh well, another dragon I probably wouldn't have used.

Edit: Just checked the golden dragon schedule, Group B is the worst. More 2AM pulls. I'm really afraid to make any Rare pulls after the start to this morning.
If you evolve and level it up it's worth one million xp.

Just rubbing it in.

Pulled a bunch so far

1: Tiamat (new to me, so Ok)
2: Ammy (WTF? Not complaining but isn't she Japanese)
3: mermaid
4: dark machine golem mk 2
5:pierdrawn (already have a drawn Joker for 2 heroes)
6: mystic fire
7: Hades (oh yeah! Gravity and the option for dark dark or dark light, which is better?)

Got a couple more pulls
8: Naga (maybe big mistake)
9: Persephone (neat!)

So I got lots of dark ones, both in the Greek godfest and not, some trash and an Ammy... On super king gold dragon day with no way to evolve her until Tuesday...

I guess I am hoarding gold kings after I get her to fifty.

Kosh

[US] Gold Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 3/31/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 11:00 16:00 21:00
B: 12:00 17:00 22:00
C: 8:00 13:00 18:00
D: 9:00 14:00 19:00
E: 10:00 15:00 20:00

J0dy77

If you evolve and level it up it's worth one million xp.

Just rubbing it in.

Would have finished off my Valk this morning.

Edit: I'm taking a break. 1 pull on the iPad - vampire (needed). 2 pulls on phone Vampire again (have one here) and siren the enchanter my third and didn't give a skillup to my second. I've done about 15 skillups between vamp and siren the last week and haven't gotten a skill up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom