• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

suko_32

Decided to do one more pull...and got a Minerva. I guess at least it will have good stats and isn't a toy dragon or sylph.

Also, I'll put up my Dark Ceres whatever day that it's needed.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to evolve my second Neptune to Abyss in time and Heavenly is useless to you guys :(

Musan

Hn6exGAl.png

Finally got my CDK's skills maxed, just in time for 2 heroes and Zeus dungeons. I'll probably work on my ice knight next, but I'm gotta work on Persephone as well.

SaberVulcan

Finally got my CDK's skills maxed, just in time for 2 heroes and Zeus dungeons. I'll probably work on my ice knight next, but I'm gotta work on Persephone as well.

Congrats man. My knight luck has been pretty unfortunate. After probably... 40? runs, I have gotten 1 dark (first and only), red (first and only), and then started farming blue for skill-ups. So far 1 blue and zero skillups, bleh. I am HOPING to atleast get a few level ups on a blue and black knight.

Ended up taking my new Ammy from lvl 5 to 46 with the gold dragons I snagged. Put about 8 into her. I figure once I get her as an Ammy-oh I will wait on rcv eggs while I slowly level her.

This game... I had great pulls today so all it makes me want to do is pull more...

I will ask again between dark light and dark dark Hades, which is preferred?

SaberVulcan

Ended up taking my new Ammy from lvl 5 to 46 with the gold dragons I snagged. Put about 8 into her. I figure once I get her as an Ammy-oh I will wait on rcv eggs while I slowly level her.

This game... I had great pulls today so all it makes me want to do is pull more...

I read something that Dark Hades is preferred, since a Light+Dark resist in the same dungeon is very uncommon (if not non-existent).

daw840

So is there something I'm missing about the knight farming? I've been running the normal castle of satan dungeon and havent got a single one.

Radav

So is there something I'm missing about the knight farming? I've been running the normal castle of satan dungeon and havent got a single one.

It took me 15 runs of the 2nd stage of the Castle of Satan tech level before I got my Mystic Fire Knight. Then when I tried for the Ice knight it took me 2 tries. It's just bad luck.

lenni

Yeah, knights are all about luck. Yesterday I had 5 in about 20 runs. Today I only got 1 in about 10.
But whats more important: Does anyone know how the knights actually cycle? The table that was posted is wrong.

Was away all weekend. Missed just about everything today. So here's what happened so far.

• Ran Master Dark on 2x Drop (two +RCV eggs & skydragon)
  • Blue Noel on first try (didn't even know that was 'preferred'...active skill is nice enough)
  • 3 Pulls below

1) Shaitan (moderately pissed...seems not useful)
2) Ceres (ok, I can dig this....Ultimate Evos are pretty awesome)
3) Hades (awesome.....lv30)

do I stop...or risk launching my phone?

Grats on the maxed out Ammy Oh, MiCH!

I stupidly missed my first two windows for golden dragons. Last one is open in 15 minutes. Hopefully I can make a good set of runs.

ParityBit

WOOOHOOO!!!!

rVxZjtwl.jpg

I am so happy. Got a King in pretty much every run. Even got 2 in one! Yes!!

Gratz!! I am at 89. Will get 90 after my last gold run. I have plenty of dragon plants for pendrags when I get them.

Should I plop 20 bucks for a couple of pulls??

Was away all weekend. Missed just about everything today. So here's what happened so far.

• Ran Master Dark on 2x Drop (two +RCV eggs & skydragon)
  • Blue Noel on first try (didn't even know that was 'preferred'...active skill is nice enough)
  • 3 Pulls below

1) Shaitan (moderately pissed...seems not useful)
2) Ceres (ok, I can dig this....Ultimate Evos are pretty awesome)
3) Hades (awesome.....lv30)

do I stop...or risk launching my phone?
I told myself if I pulled hades that I'd stop no matter what. I got 6 gods. No hades though :(. None of them were even dark. Dark event my ass.

Got the green Noel dragon. Guess that works for me.

Decided to do two pulls.
first - Pierdrawn (duplicate and well...:()
second - Lilith the Witch of the Night (lvl 30 but my third one - no need for 3 right?)

I'm an addict, have to do two more...
third - Mystic Light Knight (I have Verche, do I need two?)
fourth - shardra (duplicate, and ugh)

Can't end up with nothing good...
fifth - Shaitan (almost wanted to spell it how I feel it)
sixth - Drall (dupe, but at least a +1 rcv...)
seventh - Shardra (grrrrrrr)
eighth - mystic flame knight (need a second?)
ninth - mermaid (third one...)
tenth - Persephone lvl 30 - finally something good and new!
eleventh - succubus (pushed my luck, calling it a night)

Did three more and got a duplicate Undine, and Artemis!, and a MSK (no skill up).

So, should I keep:
- 3rd fully evolved Lilith
- 2nd MLK
- 2nd MFK
- 3rd Mermaid
- 4th Succubus

Yaari

oh God i'm sorry guys.

I just pulled 2 Hades in a row. one with a +RCV egg. Are two useful?

You did a good job listening to me ;)

2 Hades is perfect. They are better than Hera, which you can have multiple off. Gravity is a great skill, hang on to both. Grats. Very nice results :)

Went against my better judgement and did my single pull. Silver egg pops out. Dark Dragon Knight. Figures. Not like waiting would have mattered. Shafted every single pull.

You did a good job listening to me ;)

2 Hades is perfect. They are better than Hera, which you can have multiple off. Gravity is a great skill, hang on to both. Grats. Very nice results :)

Thanks dude. Gives me more options. I guess it's best to do one dark/dark and other dark/light.

Bad thing about all these pulls is it backs me up dealing with all this stuff. haha

Pulled again....Ivory Dragon. annnnd we're done

Yaari

Thanks dude. Gives me more options. I guess it's best to do one dark/dark and other dark/light.

Bad thing about all these pulls is it backs me up dealing with all this stuff. haha

Pulled again....Ivory Dragon. annnnd we're done

Yeah I usually go out on a 3 star aswell. I guess it depends on what you are building. But its most likely best to get one of both. In a Dark team the Dark/Dark one actually has sick ATK, but I guess its better to get both.

KuroNeeko

Saved up some stones for a few pulls this weekend. We have a Water Festival (Isis!) and an Angel (God) / Demon Festival going on so I was hoping for Isis, Astarte, or at least the MWK for my balance team.

I ended up with -

1) Flame Guardian :(
2) Toytops :/ (I guess there's a use for him)
3) Mystic Flame Knight (Yessssss! My Chiyome team rejoices!)
4) Baal

Baal's type is Demon and his element is L / d.

Baal's abilities are
Skill: For 5 turns, any damage you receive will trigger a counter-attack (light damage)
Leader Skill: As long as HP are above 50%, ATK gets 2.5x boost.

To be honest, I don't think he's going to be that great. The synergy between his skill and leader skill is quite low. L / d is kind of nice, but his Leader skill is just "ok."

Not a single blue monster. It looks like the Demon monsters are fairly weak. Their 6★ evolutions are not very impressive either. I wouldn't be surprised if they get buffed in the future.

The new Angels (God-type) are looking bit better. I think I would have been happier with one of them.

Overall, I've got a bunch of lop-sided units. I have a lot of GREAT green units, Highlander x 2, Mystic Stone Knight x 2 and some decent red units like Chiyome, Mystic Flame Knight, Naga, Titan, as well as Black and Light. I have almost NO blue units, which sucks since my starter was a Plessie.

I'm lacking boost units with only Chiyome, Horus, and Vampire / Black Mage. I'm still progressing, but my playstyle is slowly turning into kill-before-you-get-killed, which will probably stop working a few more dungeons down the road. Even now, normal dungeons are getting rough (Tower of Shimmer?)

Most stable teams right now are

Chiyome, Highlander, Highlander, (Thief, Vampire, Vasche, Mystic Knight) x 2, Chiyome
Horus, Titan, Vampire, Dragon Rider, Highlander, Isis

I do have a Moogle / Carbuncle party that is fun to play, but not realistic.

Don't hate me, but I probably had my best day of pulls ever.

In addition to the hades, Persephone, Ammy, and Tiamat I pulled earlier today I pulled two more.

Miyozuki chiyome (red gold ninja, light orbs to red orbs, should do well on my shiva team)

And a Neptune (YES!!!!!!)

So I pulled 11 times, 6 golds, 2 silvers, and 3 3-stars. Now watch me bomb at 2 heroes and Hera...

Saved up some stones for a few pulls this weekend. We have a Water Festival (Isis!) and an Angel (God) / Demon Festival going on so I was hoping for Isis, Astarte, or at least the MWK for my balance team.

I ended up with -

1) Flame Guardian :(
2) Toytops :/ (I guess there's a use for him)
3) Mystic Flame Knight (Yessssss! My Chiyome team rejoices!)
4) Baal

Baal's type is Demon and his element is L / d.

Baal's abilities are
Skill: For 5 turns, any damage you receive will trigger a counter-attack (light damage)
Leader Skill: As long as HP are above 50%, ATK gets 2.5x boost.

To be honest, I don't think he's going to be that great. The synergy between his skill and leader skill is quite low. L / d is kind of nice, but his Leader skill is just "ok."

Not a single blue monster. It looks like the Demon monsters are fairly weak. Their 6★ evolutions are not very impressive either. I wouldn't be surprised if they get buffed in the future.

The new Angels (God-type) are looking bit better. I think I would have been happier with one of them.

Overall, I've got a bunch of lop-sided units. I have a lot of GREAT green units, Highlander x 2, Mystic Stone Knight x 2 and some decent red units like Chiyome, Mystic Flame Knight, Naga, Titan, as well as Black and Light. I have almost NO blue units, which sucks since my starter was a Plessie.

I'm lacking boost units with only Chiyome, Horus, and Vampire / Black Mage. I'm still progressing, but my playstyle is slowly turning into kill-before-you-get-killed, which will probably stop working a few more dungeons down the road. Even now, normal dungeons are getting rough (Tower of Shimmer?)

Most stable teams right now are

Chiyome, Highlander, Highlander, (Thief, Vampire, Vasche, Mystic Knight) x 2, Chiyome
Horus, (can't remember but will edit after I finish this run), Isis

I do have a Moogle / Carbuncle party that is fun to play, but not realistic.

Don't diss the Moogle, that was the only way I managed to have enough HP for my healer team to survive Expert Poring Tower.

KuroNeeko

Don't diss the Moogle, that was the only way I managed to have enough HP for my healer team to survive Expert Poring Tower.

Sorry, I should have said that's the team is not realistic right now. Healing up to max on a single heart-match is absurdly fun. I just don't have the Moogles / Valkyries on my Friend List to make it work. I think you're the only Valk I have. :/ Sometimes I group up with Isis just for some fun.

Plus, who can dis a monster that sounds like Simon and Garfunkle?

Sorry, I should have said that's the team is not realistic right now. Healing up to max on a single heart-match is absurdly fun. I just don't have the Moogles / Valkyries on my Friend List to make it work. I think you're the only Valk I have. :/ Sometimes I group up with Isis just for some fun.

Plus, who can dis a monster that sounds like Simon and Garfunkle?

The unfortunate part is that my list of Valks has slowly become more and more diluted over time as they replace their leaders with stuff more suitable for late/endgame :(

mercviper

Had 17 stones today and pulled 3 times for vampire, undine :(, and persephone.

The other 2 I used to run gold dragons more and I got enough to get my ohkami to be level 75 :D Now she'll probably sit there forever because I don't really farm pengdra lol.

Didn't have the plant to evolve my easter egg, but I got the light one. What's the difference between the types?

Kreed

Did a couple of pulls for the event:

Anubis
Vampire
Machine Golem
Hattori Hanzo
Mermaid
Mandrake

This wouldn't be a bad list if I didn't have all of the farm-able monsters already. But Hattori Hanzo could help me make a decent mono dark team. Not sure if I'll ever use Anubis.

Had 17 stones today and pulled 3 times for vampire, undine :(, and persephone.

The other 2 I used to run gold dragons more and I got enough to get my ohkami to be level 75 :D Now she'll probably sit there forever because I don't really farm pengdra lol.

Didn't have the plant to evolve my easter egg, but I got the light one. What's the difference between the types?

It doesn't get its typing until the egg hatches - which ~lit is necesssary for the evolution will tell you which one it'll eventually become. The only difference between them is which element gets the 2xHP/RCV boost.

parasight

Did one last pull. This damn game. Mystic Stone Knight.

So today's haul:

Mystic Stone Knight
Dryad
Fairlio

I feel like I got trolled the worst. And the worst part is my Amaterasu Ohkami is lvl 60. Those 15 stones used on stamina would have been huge for maxing her out.

KuroNeeko

Did one last pull. This damn game. Mystic Stone Knight.

So today's haul:

Mystic Stone Knight
Dryad
Fairlio

I feel like I got trolled the worst. And the worst part is my Amaterasu Ohkami is lvl 60. Those 15 stones used on stamina would have been huge for maxing her out.

Mystic Stone Knight is good if you don't have any. Heck, they're good if you do. Fairlio is pretty sub-par, but he's actually leading my team in the Wind Mech dungeon!

Next week Japan is about to get its first conditional dragon dungeon for the sengoku dragons: you must have a rainbow team to enter the dungeon. Seems like this is the way forward for "innovative" dungeons by GungHo.

EDIT: I should also mention that we probably won't need to wait for GungHo to release 5.11 for us to get these guys sometime after whiskeys; all the sengoku dragons are already in our version of 5.0 completely translated.

parasight

Mystic Stone Knight is good if you don't have any. Heck, they're good if you do. Fairlio is pretty sub-par, but he's actually leading my team in the Wind Mech dungeon!

Already have 2 ADKs and 1 Angelion. Fed em and no Skill Ups. Couldn't even give me that, could you Gung Ho?

Caerith

I read something that Dark Hades is preferred, since a Light+Dark resist in the same dungeon is very uncommon (if not non-existent).

I've vote for Dark/Dark Hades since in terms of friends it's far easier to find a dual resist Hades versus a Double Dark Hades.
The reason Dark/Dark is preferable is not because it has 10% more resist or because you won't need light and dark at the same time, but because of Flash Bind. If you're in a dark dungeon, and the boss binds all your light mobs, it binds your Dark/Light Hades. That means it binds your leader skill too, so there goes your resist and, probably, your run.

Or, you know, "because it looks cooler."

toshi

Neo Member
hey guys. i'm new here. i just pulled a minerva and a ceres. read somewhere that these 2 are the least useful of the greek gods (1st batch). anyway wonder if i should evolve minerva to light or dark, and ceres to light or dark. what r the general consensus? thanks

hey guys. i'm new here. i just pulled a minerva and a ceres. read somewhere that these 2 are the least useful of the greek gods (1st batch). anyway wonder if i should evolve minerva to light or dark, and ceres to light or dark. what r the general consensus? thanks

Ceres ain't bad; her huge total stats make her better than Minerva and Venus in most situations. I don't think there's a consensus for what busty to do - Evil Ceres is potentially useful for 2 Heroes.

Word on the street is that Fire Whiskey's 999 turn buff is the one that blocks offensive skills. Good luck!

MicH

I hate everyone who got Hades today :( Man I wanted him so bad!

Any strategies for the Whiskeys yet? And is Breakers easy?

Word on the street is that Fire Whiskey's 999 turn buff is the one that blocks offensive skills. Good luck!
Damn so no Rippers or Mechs on the boss. Of course you can use it on mobs instead. Does poison count as offensive?

KuroNeeko

Next week Japan is about to get its first conditional dragon dungeon for the sengoku dragons: you must have a rainbow team to enter the dungeon. Seems like this is the way forward for "innovative" dungeons by GungHo.

Or to force players to make new teams (requiring more pulls!) to conquer new content.

Either way, my Horus and Chiyome are READY!

Caerith

I hate everyone who got Hades today :( Man I wanted him so bad!

Any strategies for the Whiskeys yet? And is Breakers easy?

Damn so no Rippers or Mechs on the boss. Of course you can use it on mobs instead. Does poison count as offensive?
Yeah, no poison or delay. I don't know if its skill removes poison if you can beat it to the punch, but, you know, no reason why you can't just wait 999 turns for it to wear off.

OTIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom