• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took about 100 turns to finish off the Master level dungeon with my Freyja/Artemis team. No real danger though I did mess up once and had to use a stone. No drop :(.

I attempted Legendary with dual Volcano Meteor Dragon leaders plus three rippers and a mech dragon. Made it to the double bosses on level 5 and was killed pretty quickly. Going to have to use a different strategy there.

TimeKillr

Yeah I was wondering how hard the Master level was going to be. I figured either red resist + a lot of auto healing + a siren for backup, but I'm not sure if it's going to be enough.

TimeKillr

So I've been doing a *ton* of farming yesterday for Gold Dragons.

I managed to get my Ammy from 30, to evolving her, to getting her to level 90 in her evolved form, where she heals for just a tad under 3000/turn.

So this is what I'm gonna do for Hera - if I don't have a good Ammy up, I'll leave mine up and use someone's Odin. Otherwise I'll just use my Odin and grab someone else's Ammy.

What would people need the most here? A level 90 Ammy or an Odin who isn't evolved but max level?

MicH

What level difficulty for Moltdras? Expert?
I believe they appear on all the levels.

So I've been doing a *ton* of farming yesterday for Gold Dragons.

I managed to get my Ammy from 30, to evolving her, to getting her to level 90 in her evolved form, where she heals for just a tad under 3000/turn.

So this is what I'm gonna do for Hera - if I don't have a good Ammy up, I'll leave mine up and use someone's Odin. Otherwise I'll just use my Odin and grab someone else's Ammy.

What would people need the most here? A level 90 Ammy or an Odin who isn't evolved but max level?
Lvl 90 Ama Ohkami is definitely preferable and has enough RCV to heal back. Use a high level friend Odin

OTIX

How much damage does the Ancient Fire Dragon do on Master? Is it manageable with 50% resist and high level Ama?
It's a tricolour dungeon so there are tons of hearts and you get big combos, the Ama is not needed. The chimeras on stage 5 can lock down your leaders and hit you for 20k so you want either double resist or double 2x HP leaders or one of each. And you want a couple subs with defensive skills, like echidna or golems to save your ass if your leaders get locked.

Lumiere

Neo Member
I've been having terrible luck with Mythlits. Even with technical dungeons at 1.5x drops, none of the 5 I saw today dropped. :( Anyone know what dungeons are recommended for Mythlit farming?

Wow, Ancient Dragon master took like an hour. I don't know if I'm going to want to do all five. Especially without a guaranteed drop. I would have been pissed if it hadn't. Sorry to everyone who's had to go though that for no drop.

Funny story. As I'm wont to do, I entered the Expert Whiskey Dragon dungeon blindly with my Wood/Dark ADK team. My team is strong enough to not have to worry about the details of Expert-level dungeons. Well, I didn't realize it was Tricolor(despite it being in the name), and didn't switch out my CDKs, so I had 2 party members that were basically useless aside from providing team HP. Then, unexpectedly, the Whiskey Dragon used a skill that turned all Water orbs to Light. Not only did it convert the useless Water orbs that my team had no way of using, but it allowed my CDK to convert those Light orbs to Dark, allowing my CDKs to join in the final attack that killed the boss. :D

Not going to bother with the Dragon while the 1.5% runs at the same time as the increased Mystic Knight stuff. Although those definitely werent in my favor.

I wanted a skilled CDK for Zeus but after spending a long time gathering 5, and not skilling once, I decided I'd rather spend a few more stones on Zeus and skill up Verche instead. Skill 2 now, not too great, but atleast I have some time to work on that.
My initial thought was to farm the Satan dungeons for Knights today, too. But, then I realized it doesn't really make a difference. The Knights are already a guaranteed drop when they show up, so the 1.5x drop rate wouldn't make a difference for them. So, instead, I'm just farming the other Tech dungeons for Pengdras today.

And speaking of Pengdras, PSA: If you guys farm the Metal Dragon dungeon, I know some people sell the little Metals, and some feed them to Pengdras 3 at a time. But if you want to maximize efficiency, feeding 1 Metal Dragon to a Lvl.2 Chimera raises the Chimera to Lvl.5 which gives 3000 exp to the same color Pengdra. And 1 Metal Dragon can be fed along with a Lvl.5 Carbuncle to give 2969 exp to the same color Pengdra. If you're farming the lower level Tech dungeons for Pengdras instead of the higher tier dungeons, then that's the most efficient use of Metal Dragons that I've found so far.

I've been having terrible luck with Mythlits. Even with technical dungeons at 1.5x drops, none of the 5 I saw today dropped. :( Anyone know what dungeons are recommended for Mythlit farming?
Aside from the Friday dungeon, the low tier Technical dungeons are your best bet. Sucks you haven't had much luck, but if you farm those dungeons extensively, they're bound to drop. I got 3 today, already from farming Fertile Land a bunch of times to finally use up all my Emerald Dragons.

J0dy77

I've been away all day, couldn't find much discussion on the Master Ancient Fire. What do you need to get through? I can't understand the translated chinese wiki.

Was thinking of Meteor leader for resist, siren alternate healer? Looks like he attacks every turn? How much damage with 50% resist?

I've been away all day, couldn't find much discussion on the Master Ancient Fire. What do you need to get through? I can't understand the translated chinese wiki.

Was thinking of Meteor leader for resist, siren alternate healer? Looks like he attacks every turn? How much damage with 50% resist?
I ran two MVD leaders. I had a siren but I didn't use her skill at all. I think you need around 10k HP to survive two double strikes from same timer chimeras. I'd suggest blue ripper, fenrir/siegfried and ice mech subs. Maybe a siren just to be safe. I have terrible water monsters, so the boss took ~150 turns, but I was never in danger of dying.

daw840

Thinking about running the fire dragon on expert and master with this team. Any thoughts who I should get as a helper?

4EF65B5C-B5EC-4B91-BBDC-6887F27D4EC7-169-00000008365A220F_zpsc6e84421.jpg

Lumiere

Neo Member
Aside from the Friday dungeon, the low tier Technical dungeons are your best bet. Sucks you haven't had much luck, but if you farm those dungeons extensively, they're bound to drop. I got 3 today, already from farming Fertile Land a bunch of times to finally use up all my Emerald Dragons.
Thanks! I'll keep farming there. I actually got quite a few mythlits from the low tier Technical dungeons in the past, but I've had absolutely no luck in the last two weeks or so.
It also doesn't help that I have several evolutions lined up and waiting for mythlits only, which definitely makes me more impatient >_<

Kreed

Wow, Ancient Dragon master took like an hour. I don't know if I'm going to want to do all five. Especially without a guaranteed drop. I would have been pissed if it hadn't. Sorry to everyone who's had to go though that for no drop.

That's how long it took for me, although I used Megalodran and Noel Dragon Bleu as leaders. It would have been faster if I had used an attack multiplier leader like Lakshmi, but I wanted to be safe for the twin Chimeras. Thankfully the Dragon dropped for me in one try (along with a Magma Chimera and a Naga).

With 50% resist he drops down to about 3K attack, but he starts using Blaze Ball every turn once you get him past half health which doubles his attack. Definitely bring someone with high recovery to take advantage of the hearts.

Your main issue with that set up though will probably be the Chimeras and their Double Attacks. Make sure you have enough HP if they double attack on the same turn.

daemissary

It's a tricolour dungeon so there are tons of hearts and you get big combos, the Ama is not needed. The chimeras on stage 5 can lock down your leaders and hit you for 20k so you want either double resist or double 2x HP leaders or one of each. And you want a couple subs with defensive skills, like echidna or golems to save your ass if your leaders get locked.

Thanks, got through master with double resist like you suggested.

....so what are the danger areas on Legendary? Is double resist the call there too?

Edit: Nope...looks like there's an Alraune and a Frost Demon you hafta fight on Legendary. Maybe a red resist and an Odin is the call?

Not feeling too confident about my chances at 2heroes tomorrow; my mons aren't leveled high enough so I can't take even a single hit from Berserk.

The one chance I have is if any of the Horuses here have over 3000 HP. Tall order considering he maxes out at 3005 HP at LV99, lol

KuroNeeko

Not feeling too confident about my chances at 2heroes tomorrow; my mons aren't leveled high enough so I can't take even a single hit from Berserk.

The one chance I have is if any of the Horuses here have over 3000 HP. Tall order considering he maxes out at 3005 HP at LV99, lol

Sorry mang, I can't get my Horus up that high in time. :/

Pacman2k

Figuring my Lakshmi team would roll though fire ancient on expert I was powering through without charging up skills.

Floor 6, 2 of those asshole fire demons, both attacking turn 1, not enough blue orbs to AOE, no orb changer up...

Strung up as many combos as I could... managed to kill one and take the second to maybe 20% health, and of course he immediately stuns my whole team and eventually kills me.

THANKS.

Edit: Can anyone whos done Ancient Fire on Master give me some thoughts on how this team would fare? Just want to not throw away 40 stamina to find out I am totally out classed. Paired with another Lakshmi I typically end up around 22k HP. Thanks.

Lakshmi.PNG

How many HP do you need on your Fortoytops?

This is my US account I'm talking about here (unless you had a US account and I never realized). I think with Abyss Neptune and a Fortoytops I'm set as far as HP goes.

EDIT: Except I'm literally one team cost short of fielding this hyperdefensive team, and I don't get my next team cost expansion for another two levels. fuck

razterik

Thinking about running the fire dragon on expert and master with this team. Any thoughts who I should get as a helper?

On expert, switch that MVD to lead for the fire resist. Pair with an auto healer, preferably an Amaterasu. Drop the ADK and GED if you can for decent blue subs, since green will do half damage all dungeon.

Master - no way. Sorry.

razterik

Edit: Can anyone whos done Ancient Fire on Master give me some thoughts on how this team would fare? Just want to not throw away 40 stamina to find out I am totally out classed. Paired with another Lakshmi I typically end up around 22k HP. Thanks.

HP looks a little low. The 2x Chimera on floor 5 will probably be harder than the boss for this team.

BetaTester

Neo Member
[US] Puzzle & Dragons Database 1 Apr Update::
- Ancient Fire Dragon
- Breakers
- Heroes Descended
- Zeus Descended
- Sky Dragon of Light
- Sky Dragon of Darkness
- Flame Mechdragon Master/Legend
- Ice Mechdragon Master/Legend
- Wind Mechdragon Master/Legend
- Noble Mechdragon Master/Legend
- Rust Mechdragon Master/Legend
are added.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

BlueSteel

I got a highlander from the rare pulls, so I won't feel too crappy if I can't get that or berserker to drop. I kinda want a few more keeper of rainbows though.

Woo!

I just pulled Isis recently, so I was only able to get her to her Lvl.41 evolved form. Luckily I had all the necessary evo mats already. And my Fire Mech is only Lvl.55 because I simply have been neglecting most of my Fire monsters aside from Echidna. I figured what the hell, and took her into the Legendary Ancient Dragon dungeon for my very first time using her. Wow! She's amazing in these tricolor dungeons. I managed a VERY lucky 0-stone clear. At one point, I got hosed on Hearts after the boss' special attack took me below 3000HP. 1 more hit would've meant death, but luckily the boss used its skill to turn Water orbs to Light. That afforded me the extra turn I needed to heal. BTW, Isis' active skill is laughable. It doesn't heal enough to make much of a difference.

If I had to do it over again, I'd replace Echidna with Siren. I brought Echidna along to help with the mid bosses, but I ended up 1-shotting all of them. I didn't use her until the final boss, activating it before it could put up its shield. But it obviously didn't make a difference delaying for 3 turns in a 36 turn battle. So, Siren would've been much more helpful being strong against Fire, and providing emergency Hearts in case the board fails to provide them. I'd also replace one of the Wood monsters for another Water monster for weakness purposes. I went in with a balanced 2/2/2 team, but you really only need 1 of Fire and Wood to trigger Isis' leader skill.

pNRfCyI.jpg

lntYM5W.jpg

[US] Puzzle & Dragons Database 1 Apr Update::
- Ancient Fire Dragon
- Breakers
- Heroes Descended
- Zeus Descended
- Sky Dragon of Light
- Sky Dragon of Darkness
- Flame Mechdragon Master/Legend
- Ice Mechdragon Master/Legend
- Wind Mechdragon Master/Legend
- Noble Mechdragon Master/Legend
- Rust Mechdragon Master/Legend
are added.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/
Thanks! Also, I don't know when you updated it, but I noticed you finally got around to updating the Tech dungeons, too. Nice!

OTIX

Heroes are up but there are no blue Noel dragons on my friends list. Weird, I thought everyone would be using it. Guess I'll try with abyss Neptune instead.

lordcyno

managed to beat 2 heroes with artemis/parvati/adk/cu chu/susano/freyja and got a berserk

susano was the key as he let me eat a hit from all 3 vampires at the same time before i could burn one down.

stats for the run using Tonner's freyja were

23018 hp
27121 atk
3550 rcv

also put my fortytops up if anyone needs it

OTIX

I can put mine up within the next 30 minutes if you still need it.
Thanks but I managed to beat it with Noel+Neptune. It was a bit hairy at times though and double Noel would probably have been safer, but even slower. Off to work now, more Heroes farming tonight.

MicH

Tried Ancient Master. Had no trouble but the boss took way too long. So I quit. Urgh. Don't know how to beat it easily

BlueSteel

E3n8aEu.png

OH WHAT NOW.

I also now know not to play dragon quest VIII and PAD simultaneously. I spent at least 4 stones just aimlessly moving orbs around when I should have activated already ready skills. Still, I got it done in a relatively fast manner, and I got the berserk I wanted.

yus.

EDIT: I used fortoytops, some gaffer's neptune (boy did your high hp save me a couple of times), great valk, siren max skilled, parvati 6*, and rainbow keeper.

raiot

I managed to beat the Heroes dungeon with 1 stone used in the devil stage. I used Toytops and Neptune as leaders and double rainbow keeper, siren and Odin as subs. It took forever!
Does anyone know if my green team would be viable and faster?
Artemis, susano, green mech, Adk, Toytops, Freya

Stats: 23,342 hp, 22,904 Atk, 2782 rcv

J0dy77

Finished heroes with no stones thanks to a diesel Neptune friend. The toytops/Neptune strat works really well if you have one or the other leaders.

The first stage is definitely the hardest due to the devils having high defense. Here was the team I took. Works really well since you have so many get out of jail free cards (two heal orb changers, heal to full and the rainbow defense). I liked bringing Ceres for the stats and the bonus rcv helps a lot.

Ill have my toytops up all day if anyone wants to try.

zECwWc3l.jpg

TimeKillr

Yeah I don't know what to do about 2 Heroes.

I have a Fortoytops - I can leave it up today if you guys want it, but then I have no clue what to use as subs.

I could maybe use a max skill Siren, 2 rainbow keepers for HP, then maybe an echidna, or something. I dunno!

I'm scared my HP won't be high enough. I don't care if it takes time - I'd like a Berserk as I have a Highlander and it would be nice to have a water team :)

raiot

Woody@GAF, can you please log in, so that I can use your Neptune again? Does anyone else have a Blue/Dark Neptune over 70?

ParityBit

Since I can not do two heroes, I was going to Ancient Dragon dungeon an attempt. Is it best to have red resist, Isis or my Ammy (lvl 92) as my leader? The rest would probably be rippers and mech dragons, or maybe one of my Sirens?

I was too busy all day yesterday to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom