• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working on 2 heroes. Took my drawn Joker and a dark Ceres (I believe it is Radav's). I died twice on devils (both after I had taken down the light devil) but I did not die on masks, knights or so far on vampires.

It slow going because I went extremely defensive. I have 13.5k HP so I am hoping I can deal with round 5 decently

Yaari

Just cleared that but it took me 6 stones. I went with my mono-green team which was way underleveled looking back at it. I also should have focused the Berserker straight away but I thought the Highlander would be faster for me, which really was not the case.

First round I only got 2 orbs, then took massive damage from the Devils and no heal orbs to get back up my health.

Vampire's werent fun either, but glad I took Susano there. I ended up getting Berserk to drop on the first try, so I am glad to be done with it.

TimeKillr

Yeah so I learned that it's better to bring more RCV than more HP to these things.

I spent like 9 stones because my RCV is too low - I'm not healing enough to survive.

And also, well, I need a Berserk from it. What drops? Highlander.

TrollHo indeed.

Kosh

Hero Descended - Legend Opens for 24 hours at midnight! Good luck everyone!

2x drop on Tuesday Dungeon

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 4/2/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 09:00 14:00 19:00
B: 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 11:00 16:00 21:00
D: 12:00 17:00 22:00
E: 08:00 13:00 18:00

I went the supposedly safe route with this team. It's slow as hell, I'm still on the Vampire stage and I had to spend two stones on the devils. :/

0i4u88Xl.jpg

TimeKillr

Hero Descended - Legend Opens for 24 hours at midnight! Good luck everyone!

2x drop on Tuesday Dungeon

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 4/2/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 09:00 14:00 19:00
B: 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 11:00 16:00 21:00
D: 12:00 17:00 22:00
E: 08:00 13:00 18:00

I went the supposedly safe route with this team. It's slow as hell, I'm still on the Vampire stage and I had to spend two stones on the devils. :/

0i4u88Xl.jpg

This team is almost exactly what I had, except you take out the Parvati for a Wood Mech Golem.

It sucked because I didn't have nearly enough RCV. Although your friend Fortoytops is higher level than mine (mine's 30) the neptune I had was much higher (it was Mich's, I think, and was like level 74 with a ton of +ATK on it). I died like 4-5 times on the devils, 3 on the Vampires and like 4 on the duo at the end because even though this team has a lot of resists, I didn't have enough RCV to heal back up to tank a hit from both of them while keeping up the healing from just the Highlander.

raiot

AAAAAAAAAAAAh, another Berserker... I need the Highlander for my Green Team. Another 1 Stone spent in the first round...Damn Devils! :(

Woody, I need your Neptune! ;)

Radav

Welp... I don't think I can finish two heroes. My setup was:

Dark/Wood Ceres
Max Skill Siren
CDK
Rainbow Keeper
Awoken Odin
Abyss Neptune

I sailed through basically everything until the last fight. I was unable to consistently get enough heart orbs or to have Siren's skill ready to be able to heal myself up enough to keep from having either Beserk or Highlander kill me. I'm thinking I might try Dual Max Skill Sirens plus Dual Rainbow Keepers. In the last fight the poison was killing Highlander faster then I was killing Beserk. lol

Kosh

I haven't had any heart problems with 3 heart changers. It's just sooooo slow... this is worse than before they changed Rainbow Keeper. I think if I don't get the Berserk I want then I'll try with the Vamp/Loki team next.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How do you guys go about taking down the devils? I just got destroyed by them before I could even take out one.

To me, this is the hardest part, if you're going the resist method. Try to take down the devils that you have no resistance against.

Managed it in two stones. Got destroyed by the demons for one. Then I just ran out of hearts in the last stage. And I got the drop I wanted so I'm happy with that. I went with 75% dark resist instead of water. That ended up being the right choice cause I got three same timer vamps.

J0dy77

This second run has been much harder for me (using a lesser Neptune helper). Blew 2 stones on the first wave and have 2 vamps on the same timer, slowly grinding threw them. No clue how I got through that first run with blowing up the devils and zero stones.

Could you guys post the teams you are making it through with...Just for comparison. Levels too.

See what us lesser guys need to build up to for next time :D

managed to beat 2 heroes with artemis/parvati/adk/cu chu/susano/freyja and got a berserk

susano was the key as he let me eat a hit from all 3 vampires at the same time before i could burn one down.

stats for the run using Tonner's freyja were

23018 hp
27121 atk
3550 rcv

also put my fortytops up if anyone needs it

Glad to have helped! I use your Artemis as often as I can as well.

Radav

After a couple more tries wasting a stone on refilling my stamina. I'm not going to bother trying 2 heroes any more today. The last 2 attempts I got 5 demons on the first wave all on the same 1 CD timer. It was over before it started. I'm just going to work on my mono blue or green team and then I'll be able to just blow through it with no issues. Do you always get 5 demons on the first wave?

I went from 2 stones to 9 on Beserker/highlander.

Deciding to bring Shiva instead of a poison monster was a mistake, and I could have shaved at least three of those stones off by being more observant. It has just been a terribly slow slog of a dungeon (5:30am CDT until now)

I can see where going dual blue resist, 50% dark, and 50% green pays off. Berserk is a beast and it is painful.

If this ever comes back, I will have an abyss neptune by then (thanks to last godfest), but I am definitely NOT Going back in today.

Oh and Berserk dropped - so a get another orb changer for my blue Noel team.

Radav - Yes, you always get five devils in the first round, but occasionally some will have an additional turn on the timer. I got lucky this morning and on the first round only two were timer 1, so I got 1 down before all five could attack. round 1 still took me two stones (but I HAD figured a 3 stone clear, boy was I wrong)

After a couple more tries wasting a stone on refilling my stamina. I'm not going to bother trying 2 heroes any more today. The last 2 attempts I got 5 demons on the first wave all on the same 1 CD timer. It was over before it started. I'm just going to work on my mono blue or green team and then I'll be able to just blow through it with no issues. Do you always get 5 demons on the first wave?

I believe so. You basically need to wipe out what you can as soon as possible and hope you get a good board to start with.

I brought in my mono-green team and had a HELL of a time w/ the red one. Had almost all my skills charged up before round 2.

then got murdered by 3 masks on the same timer

Could you guys post the teams you are making it through with...Just for comparison. Levels too.

See what us lesser guys need to build up to for next time :D

Abyss Neptune (lvl 57)
Siren the Enchantress (lvl 41, max skill)
Awoken Odin (lvl 38)
Rainbow Keeper
Rainbow Keeper
Dark Ceres (lvl 69)

A high level Parvati (mine is only lvl 30) would probably work better than Odin to give you more hearts. The same could be said for Fortoytops instead of Ceres, as long as you have enough HP. I died once against the demons, but my other death could have been prevented if I'd had another source of hearts.

2 stones, but I got one back!

Radav

Yep... that first wave is brutal. The first time I tried I actually got all the way to Highlander/Beserk without using stones but kept getting boards with no hearts no matter how often I made big matches. Then these last two were just PAD saying FU with all 5 on the 1 CD timer from the start which was just a no go. Oh well next time I'll be ready. I've got the parts to make a mono color team of everything but light now so I'm just going to start working on all that stuff and hopefully be more then ready for the next time this comes around.

First wave of devils is the equivalent of a gear check in MMOs. Not feeling too good about it with my dual resists team... using Team Horus and going all YOLO is starting to sound tempting.

I am looking at the Hera strategies and this seems like one I should be able to do. It seems like this suggested team is:
Odin leader
Siren x2 (max skill preferred - I only have one maxed right now)
Rainbow Keeper
poison (Lilith or Neptune)
resist dragon friend

I may run Abyss Neptune as my leader which would mean I want Odin as my friend, right? And forgive me for not knowing this - what are resist dragons? Do they mean rippers?

commish

I am looking at the Hera strategies and this seems like one I should be able to do. It seems like this suggested team is:
Odin leader
Siren x2 (max skill preferred - I only have one maxed right now)
Rainbow Keeper
poison (Lilith or Neptune)
resist dragon friend

I may run Abyss Neptune as my leader which would mean I want Odin as my friend, right? And forgive me for not knowing this - what are resist dragons? Do they mean rippers?

Yeah, generally means rippers, but anything with the appropriate resist will work.

Musan

I got through two heroes without using stones. Using a Fortytops/Neptune team. I definitely got lucky on the first wave, was able to OHKO the dark demon and heal through the rest. Wasn't too hard, just long, though having a max level'd neptune and high hp in general helps a lot.

J0dy77

I got through two heroes without using stones. Using a Fortytops/Neptune team. I definitely got lucky on the first wave, was able to OHKO the dark demon and heal through the rest. Wasn't too hard, just long, though having a max level'd neptune and high hp in general helps a lot.

Yeah, neptune is key here. His stats go through the roof the higher he gets. Gungho really needs to put another character on his level. He's the only character with strong poison, huge stats and dual resists/dual color.

Yeah, neptune is key here. His stats go through the roof the higher he gets. Gungho really needs to put another character on his level. He's the only character with strong poison, huge stats and dual resists/dual color.

I have been thinking and I have realized that there are a lot of gods which are "like 1 other monster but way better"

Ammy Oh - Healer girls but x5 rcv
Susano - Keeper, but better stats and + eggs
Shiva - like a knight except longer wait, but it takes off 100% of def
Neptune - Like Lilith except much better stats, x3 poison and dual resist

but each of these gods are so much better than their "better than alternatives" that they can become practically required for some dungeons.

Since I am no longer going to run Hera on Saturday (not ballsy enough after today's disastrous 2 heroes run) what kind of teams are required for Goemon?

xCobalt

Anyone have a high level Loki or Duke vampire lord? The existing ones on my friends list don't have enough hp. Need a monster with about 2200hp.

OTIX

q77ClSsl.jpg

Had to use one stone with this team, used a high level Artemis helper. I accidentally killed all devils in one hit, I didn't think the red one would die from one aoe, and then all four masks started on 4 rounds, I just didn't get enough green orbs. Probably would have been smarter to start over but I used a stone and completed the rest without trouble. Having both Echidna and mech was key to stay alive since I didn't have enough health to survive a triple vampire hit. They weren't in sync but it wouldn't have mattered since I killed one fast enough anyway. The Noel team is probably safer overall though, but very much slower.

Edit: Has anyone gotten a vampire drop? I have got both highlander and berserker now but I really want a vampire and I assume the drop rate is fairly high here. Might be worth doing it a few more times, and maybe get some skillups as well.

b0neshank

Banned
I am done with this game. The drop rates are Diablo 3 bad and the rare machine pulls feel like I am literally gambling for a 20% chance of getting something I might use. After pulling my 6th Titan from the rare machine I just can't bring myself to play anymore. Unless you plan on dropping some serious money on this game for the off chance of getting something worthwhile it just drags after rank 100.

My in game ID is omega@gaf if anyone wants to drop me.

commish

I am done with this game. The drop rates are Diablo 3 bad and the rare machine pulls feel like I am literally gambling for a 20% chance of getting something I might use. After pulling my 6th Titan from the rare machine I just can't bring myself to play anymore. Unless you plan on dropping some serious money on this game for the off chance of getting something worthwhile it just drags after rank 100.

My in game ID is omega@gaf if anyone wants to drop me.

I felt that way too after I pulled so many f'ing cupids and vamps. Just keep in mind that you don't really a lot of those monsters in order to beat the content. I know I sometimes get caught up with getting all of the cool gods, but it's usually not necessary.

Gungho really needs to remove 3-star creatures from the rare egg machine, at the very least.

b0neshank

Banned
I felt that way too after I pulled so many f'ing cupids and vamps. Just keep in mind that you don't really a lot of those monsters in order to beat the content. I know I sometimes get caught up with getting all of the cool gods, but it's usually not necessary.

Gungho really needs to remove 3-star creatures from the rare egg machine, at the very least.

Very true, but what is the point of advancing in content if there isn't anything you can get drop wise?

Radav

q77ClSsl.jpg

Edit: Has anyone gotten a vampire drop? I have got both highlander and berserker now but I really want a vampire and I assume the drop rate is fairly high here. Might be worth doing it a few more times, and maybe get some skillups as well.

On my first attempt this morning where I actually made it to the bosses I had one of the Vampires drop.

Very true, but what is the point of advancing in content if there isn't anything you can get drop wise?

it appears they are adding more content to make more 'good' dropable mobs. You can get all the mystic knights to drop....dragons, etc.

I've been there too man, trust me. Sitting on a lot of shit I will never use or is so situation i can't bother to upgrade it.

I think that is the issue that most people leave the game for (other than spending to much money)

A lot of people want to play it like pokemon, min/maxing and collect them all, and with the way this game is structured that is very expensive.

A lot of us that continue to play, and try not to spend a lot of money (today and sunday not withstanding), play it to get through the content, not to get the drops.

EDIT:
oh and never pull the Random machine on any day but a godfest day. We have enough warning, and typically get some free stones around the day as well. We all make the mistake of, ooo I need a blue god why not pull this week, but that just takes our money.

5 stones with Team Horus. I think if I had used another Horus rather than somebody's LV99 Isis I could have burned down Berserk fast enough to reduce that by another stone, and I had a few unclutch Horus whiffs that could have saved me another stone or two.

Tried Abyss Neptune/Fortoytops using the levelup i got and wiped turn one from the devils. Not sure i want to try again after my stamina refills especially considering the volatile nature of which guy drops.

Uthred

Burned two stones trying to get through demons (no big deal as they were "free" ones), just dont have the team for it at the moment it seems. Not too annoyed, only wanted Cu because I like the look of him, no place for him in any team Im running

raiot

So, finally got my Highlander!

Spent 6 Stones in total. 3 on refills, 3 on 1st round devils.
Now I have 3 Berserkers and 1 Highlander.
Is there any reason not to feed 2 Berskers? I already have 3 Mystic Ice Knights...

Anyone have a high level Loki or Duke vampire lord? The existing ones on my friends list don't have enough hp. Need a monster with about 2200hp.
Just put my max level/skill Duke up. 2796 HP.

Also have max level Loki if you prefer. 2478 HP. Gonna be running some errands in a bit, so won't see any requests for a couple hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom