• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radav

Tried Abyss Neptune/Fortoytops using the levelup i got and wiped turn one from the devils. Not sure i want to try again after my stamina refills especially considering the volatile nature of which guy drops.

I've basically taken the same approach. I'm pretty bummed I wasn't able to beat it though. Hopefully Hera goes alot better then this went. I have the ability to try 3 different setups for Hera so if my Ammy/Odin team without an aoe doesn't workout I can try either the double resist setup or the Viper/Valk healer girl team. After the mess that was the boss fight in 2 heroes I'm praying my Ammy/Odin team will be able to do it without much issue.

So, finally got my Highlander!

Spent 6 Stones in total. 3 on refills, 3 on 1st round devils.
Now I have 3 Berserkers and 1 Highlander.
Is there any reason not to feed 2 Berskers? I already have 3 Mystic Ice Knights...
Teams that use multiple Berserks are either niche or non-existent, and we probably aren't getting Poring Tower anytime soon, so go for those skillups.

After some reflection I think I might have also been able to further reduce the number of stones spent by killing the Highlander first; he probably would have gone down in 2-3 shots. Then the only stone drain would have been the OHKO from Berserk every 3+ turns.

J0dy77

Finished my second Heroes run and got Highlander both times, needed 3 stones this time around. 2 of the Vamps were on the same cooldown burning 1 and spent two on the devils in round 1. I really wanted that Berserker and be done with it. I'll have one more shot at it today but not sure it's worth the effort if I can't get the strong Neptune leader.

Is there a scenario where 2 Highlanders would ever be needed or should I just feed him?

Dhx

Anyone have an evolved Loki they could put up for a few minutes?

I'd like to try a 4x Dark team, and I still don't have a dub-amelit.

Just evolved a Phoenix Knight Homura and a Duke Vampire Lord. Also did Fenrir Knight Kamui recently and am working on getting King Siegfried. I have quite a few pendgra waiting for Thursday to roll around. At this point, I am going to try to focus on my greem team members though I did pull an Artemis so I have to get her evolved as well.

Anyone have an evolved Loki they could put up for a few minutes?

I'd like to try a 4x Dark team, and I still don't have a dub-amelit.
Good thing I checked one last time before heading out. Put up my maxed evolved Loki for you and Cobalt. Heading out for a bit now. Good luck.

Slottm

Neo Member
I am looking at the Hera strategies and this seems like one I should be able to do. It seems like this suggested team is:
Odin leader
Siren x2 (max skill preferred - I only have one maxed right now)
Rainbow Keeper
poison (Lilith or Neptune)
resist dragon friend

I may run Abyss Neptune as my leader which would mean I want Odin as my friend, right? And forgive me for not knowing this - what are resist dragons? Do they mean rippers?

Hi Tonner - just wanted to check a few things in terms of this team:

What is your HP total with it, including your friend helper?

I'd suggest the following, to make your life easier:
Leaders: Dark neptune + Odin, who's neptune/odin...thats up to you
2 sirens, max skilled - this comes in handy.
If you don't need lilith, since you have the neptune, add in echidna here. The RCV and delay will help you if your 2 sirens run out of cooldowns, and adds to your RCV - you should be able to heal enough to recover a hera hit off 3 heart orbs every turn
The 4th spot is something useful for damage...A light mechdragon, or realistically any mech dragon fits in here rather well. However, make sure you have enough hp to withstand a hit from anything with this team (using this, hades only hits for something like 8500)

In case you do not have any heart orbs available and echidna is down for whatever reason, can you withstand 2 sumultaneous hits from hera without healing? It comes out to something like 9000 Hp requirement if I'm not mistaken.

RCV and/or echidna is far more useful here than a rainbow keeper.

Khar

hR8PE8I.jpg

8 stones. What a struggle!

The demons and Vampires took more stones than Berserker/Highlander.

I needed Berserker to fill out my Blue team so I'm really happy he dropped in one go. 8 stones is a lot and it felt a bit cheaty. But considering I was so keen on getting him I can live with it.

Thanks Woody for your Abyss Neptune.

Thinking about taking Team Parvati in next time; without counting the partner and leader skills I'd be at 7900 HP/3350 ATK/1075 RCV. I could either take somebody's Parvati (who have all disappeared off my friends list today) or use this Artemis who would provide 1400/1250/150. Thoughts?

Soldier on, everyone. I'm too chicken to try this one out. Next time it hits us, I'll be more ready, I hope. By then I hope to have my Fire team all in the 60s - 70s. Would that be enough to take this on?

Hi Tonner - just wanted to check a few things in terms of this team:

What is your HP total with it, including your friend helper?

I'd suggest the following, to make your life easier:
Leaders: Dark neptune + Odin, who's neptune/odin...thats up to you
2 sirens, max skilled - this comes in handy.
If you don't need lilith, since you have the neptune, add in echidna here. The RCV and delay will help you if your 2 sirens run out of cooldowns, and adds to your RCV - you should be able to heal enough to recover a hera hit off 3 heart orbs every turn
The 4th spot is something useful for damage...A light mechdragon, or realistically any mech dragon fits in here rather well. However, make sure you have enough hp to withstand a hit from anything with this team (using this, hades only hits for something like 8500)

In case you do not have any heart orbs available and echidna is down for whatever reason, can you withstand 2 sumultaneous hits from hera without healing? It comes out to something like 9000 Hp requirement if I'm not mistaken.

RCV and/or echidna is far more useful here than a rainbow keeper.

I can field this:
Odin - max level - hp 2358
Siren the Enchanter (max skill) - lvl 48 - hp 988
Siren the Enchanter (2 shy of max skill) - lvl 7 - hp 738
Echidna the Red Empress - lvl 32 - hp 863
Hadar - lvl 30 - hp 2237

This gives me an hp total of 7184 and I still need to add a Neptune friend, so easily over 8k, right? I should also be able to get the 2nd siren skilled out. Hmm, this is going to be close...

EDIT2: I don't have a ton of food right now, but I can level the 2nd Siren up by about 80 hp and Hadar by about 300. A mid-level Abyss Neptune should still put me over 9k by my calculations.

EDIT: just cleared 3 friend spots, 394 336 290. I sometimes do have ADK up as leader but I have been trying to leave either a max leveled Odin (green, not evolved...yet) or high-ish (69) Freyja up.

Thinking about taking Team Parvati in next time; without counting the partner and leader skills I'd be at 7900 HP/3350 ATK/1075 RCV. I could either take somebody's Parvati (who have all disappeared off my friends list today) or use this Artemis who would provide 1400/1250/150. Thoughts?

Missing Parvs today to. I have a lvl 60 that I can put up

Soldier on, everyone. I'm too chicken to try this one out. Next time it hits us, I'll be more ready, I hope. By then I hope to have my Fire team all in the 60s - 70s. Would that be enough to take this on?

Agreed. Tried once....2 stones, yeah nope not going to cut it. I'll have my Ceres and Hades both bustied by then, should be much better

lordcyno

Attack seems on the low end, especially if you use a Parvati friend. Vampires would be really tough. If you use a Parvati friend, might not have enough attack to burst a vampire down quick enough. With an Artemis friend, might not have enough RCV to heal through the dungeon. Might be tough to take down a vampire quickly with Artemis regardless with only 13800 ATK.

Not Happy.

I feed my Hades 3 Kings, which would be 15k over max...but its as close as I can get.

....Get a SUPER. TrollHo strikes again. Puts me over cap by 205k

I can field this:
Odin - max level - hp 2358
Siren the Enchanter (max skill) - lvl 48 - hp 988
Siren the Enchanter (2 shy of max skill) - lvl 7 - hp 738
Echidna the Red Empress - lvl 32 - hp 863
Hadar - lvl 30 - hp 2237

This gives me an hp total of 7184 and I still need to add a Neptune friend, so easily over 8k, right? I should also be able to get the 2nd siren skilled out. Hmm, this is going to be close...

EDIT2: I don't have a ton of food right now, but I can level the 2nd Siren up by about 80 hp and Hadar by about 300. A mid-level Abyss Neptune should still put me over 9k by my calculations.

EDIT: just cleared 3 friend spots, 394 336 290. I sometimes do have ADK up as leader but I have been trying to leave either a max leveled Odin (green, not evolved...yet) or high-ish (69) Freyja up.

Tonner, Don't you need much more than the 8k hp to survive the Hades fight before Hera? I thought the HP requirements for an ODIN/Healer team was 16k due to that battler alone, and if you can survive that battler you can survive anything.

Oh and from brute - forcing highlander from today's dungeon, bring poison for Neptune...

I think I have the makings of a pretty good fire team once they're all evolved. What do you guys think?

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m263/daw840/1CBC1F78-776E-45F9-AB61-29A68225A103-547-0000004A051E1B50_zpsf461212b.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Take care of the Enchilada. You'll get a lot of mileage out of her as you grow. While this mystic knight event is going on, it'd be nice if you got some skills for your mystic fire knight. You can also farm for a titan so that you can convert Heart Orbs into Fire orbs. They're simple enough to skill up, as well.

ccbfan

Just finished two heroes with a

Blue Noel (42)
Water Mech Dragon(25)
Water defense ripper (10)
Max Skill Siren (44)
Max Skill Siren (58)

Partner Dark Neptune.

Used two stones. Should have been one but my phone was in almost grey out mode and it messed up on one of the turns where both berserk and highlander attacks and I died. Other stone was in the beginning devils. Ran out of heal orbs before my siren could charge up.

Basic strategey was basically wait out for Neptune's poison to kill and nukes.

Round 1 - Killed the fire one first and then concentrate of light. When you get down to three its easy. Make sure to charge up neptune and water mech.
Round 2 - USe neptune and insta kill mask.
Round 3 - USe Water Mech and insta kill knights except for green knight. Charge up as much as possible.
Round 4 - Vamp Lords were surprisingly easy with the 50 percent defense, high hp and high rcv. Took a while but never in danger. 4000+ avg damage per tick is completely manageable.
Round 5 - Took long and you pretty much have to completely concentrate on healing. Poison was the only thing that did any damage to the highlander.

It was actually pretty easy except for the first round. I had about 19K Health and a ton of heal and I needed all of it. I can understand why they recommend Blue Noel for this. You need to have two max skill sirens to confortably complete this.

If any of you have a

Blue Noel
Water Mech Dragon
Neptune
Max Skill Siren
Max Skill Siren

Blue Noel

That would probably be the best party for this and can easily no stone this.

Tonner, Don't you need much more than the 8k hp to survive the Hades fight before Hera? I thought the HP requirements for an ODIN/Healer team was 16k due to that battler alone, and if you can survive that battler you can survive anything.

Oh and from brute - forcing highlander from today's dungeon, bring poison for Neptune...

Slottm is suggesting a dual-resist team with Odin and Abyss Neptune as leaders. If that is feasible then I have a very good chance of getting a Hera (or two preferably). I am going to farm mech dragons like mad when I have the chance and use those to level up some pieces. If I can get enough (3 would do actually) I will even evolve my Odin.

ToxicAdam

Slottm is suggesting a dual-resist team with Odin and Abyss Neptune as leaders. If that is feasible then I have a very good chance of getting a Hera (or two preferably). I am going to farm mech dragons like mad when I have the chance and use those to level up some pieces. If I can get enough (3 would do actually) I will even evolve my Odin.

That's how I got my Hera. Took 2 stones to do it though.

daemissary

Yeah...I'm passin on Heroes this time around, hopefully my team will be strong enough next time.

In the meantime, I ran the Ancient Dragon Master dungeon again. Got the drop again. Got the skill up feeding him to my first one.

Booyah.

MicH

I need ONE rank up to fit my Light Mech on my Hera team. That should definitely be doable before Saturday. Can't wait to try Heras dungeon!

If I have 2 Hades', is there a real reason to try and get Hera this time around? Other than the Pokemon aspect.

The stats seem similar enough to me where it wouldn't matter much to skip out on her.

OTIX

I'm starting to regret this. It is a totally safe strat though, with 8500 RCV and two Sirens it's basically impossible to die unless you forget to heal. Unfortunately that's a very real danger since this takes several hours...

4kQOPS6l.jpg

Greek/Norse leaders combo is SOOOO good! The game tried its best to set me up for failure, but I still 0-stone cleared it. After stabilizing from the crap board I started with, I charged my skills during the first 2 battles. I killed all 3 Vampire Lords in 2 turns following a Freyja+Artemis activation. Susano allowed me to tank 2 Berserk attacks, and I killed it before it could attack a third time. It's possible I could have survived without Susano, but he reduces the risk. One good thing about having both a Freyja and Artemis, is that you can switch between the two depending on what friends you have available. I switched to Artemis for my second run, and teamed-up with Slottm's Freyja. Got Highlander both times, but I won't feed them until I get a full set of 5.

2COGPn6.jpg

I'm starting to regret this. It is a totally safe strat though, with 8500 RCV and two Sirens it's basically impossible to die unless you forget to heal. Unfortunately that's a very real danger since this takes several hours...

BIG PICTURE

It took me six hours to take down Highlander, and that was with a Shiva every 25 turns to take down 10-20k. Be VERY happy you have Lilith for constant damage bigger than 6.

Stealth Edit: try saving up the blue orbs in the bottom corner and get a massive combo... It might not work, but it will help you practice.

I got a drall in a rare pull yesterday. Are they worth leveling up? Stats seem shit for a healer.

Drall is a toydragon, they offer 50% dual resist at their third evo. Overall their stats are nothing great, BUT that dual resist can be very useful.

I find that they can be useful for dual resist, especially Drall, Toytops, and Shardra. But only 1 of each is necessary, and they are really only useful at their third EVO.

Musan

If I have 2 Hades', is there a real reason to try and get Hera this time around? Other than the Pokemon aspect.

The stats seem similar enough to me where it wouldn't matter much to skip out on her.

Hera is the poor man's Hades, so you can skip it if you want. Sounds like you have a Zeus team in the making though.

Also, is it worth to have more than one highlander/berserk? I got one of each, but I'm wondering about the viability of 2 of each on a team.

So the two drops everyone is trying to get in the two heroes dungeon is the pre-evolution versions of Siegfried, the Blue Champion and Cu Chulainn, the Green Spearman correct? I have both of those and used them in the beginning but now they rarely serve any purpose. Then again most of my monsters are all shit in the first place.

AcridMeat

Banned
Drall is a toydragon, they offer 50% dual resist at their third evo. Overall their stats are nothing great, BUT that dual resist can be very useful.

I find that they can be useful for dual resist, especially Drall, Toytops, and Shardra. But only 1 of each is necessary, and they are really only useful at their third EVO.
Thanks for the input! I'm evo material starved right now. I have 4 things maxed right now waiting on stupid dragon plants, the tower of giants haven't given me any. :/

So the two drops everyone is trying to get in the two heroes dungeon is the pre-evolution versions of Siegfried, the Blue Champion and Cu Chulainn, the Green Spearman correct? I have both of those and used them in the beginning but now they rarely serve any purpose. Then again most of my monsters are all shit in the first place.

Yes sir.

TimeKillr

Uuuuuhg.

I do 2 Heroes twice today. Spend a bunch of stones because of small shitty mistakes (lol).

Need Berserk. Already have Cu Chulainn. Get 2 Highlanders.

:(

Freakin' trollho!

They are both very good, fyi.

In their respective mono-color teams, they are the only Heart -> Orb changers, which are incredibly useful.

Slottm

Neo Member

Tonner - Honestly, maxing out your siren before hera should be top priority. With this team, it's pretty hard to die as long as you play your cards right. A single 3 heart match will keep you alive against hera (or venus really, they're a mimic of each other in terms of difficulty in this dungeon, since hera will have 50% reduction, they both require a manual heal every turn)

Allow me to give you some important tips for tackling this dungeon.
#1 Know your math. Know exactly how much damage you will take in a round. Know your monsters defenses, know their HP. Understand that you will need to manually charge your skills for EVERY round of trash, and be able to keep at least one monster alive in order to charge those same skills back up for the next round. ie; devils will die to a mech dragon nuke, demons wont, nor will mystic knights. Mystic knights die very quickly due to low armor - demons are easy to charge against.

#2 Know that RNG will try to fuck you at every chance it gets. (I can curse on this forum right? never read against it, just checking...let me know if not and I'll edit) Sirens are here to keep you alive. DO NOT WASTE MORE HEART ORBS IN A TURN THAN NECESSARY. Do not waste your siren's skill unless necessary. If you don't need to use your sirens for 50 rounds in a row, consider yourself lucky, not wasteful for bringing them in. They are absolutely necessary and you will get f'd to the point where both cooldowns will be up and you still won't have any hearts on the screen. This is why it's important to be able to take 2 hits - because the next round after taking a full hit, you better heal up ASAP.

#3 You're in it for staying alive - not doing damage. (Against boss rounds) Doing damage is NOT your top priority here - staying alive is. Do not worry about making active combos for damage at every chance. Worry about clearing as much of the board as you can, along with 3 health orbs every turn against her, so that your heart orbs will continue to drop. Damage will come over time.

#4 SAVE YOUR HEALTH ORBS! Have 9 health orbs on the screen, both siren skills down? Use 3 health orbs - do not match anything else. Let your siren skills come back before risking using up all of your utility.

#5 Only use cooldown skills when necessary - you may *really* need them later. Echidna or rainbow keeper being your crutch here. Echidna is a lot more useful because she'll get you out of a bad situation if you're out of health orbs and out of siren cooldowns. Rainbow keeper will just force you to take less damage...which may still kill you. He needs to be used more in advance.

OTIX

It took me six hours to take down Highlander, and that was with a Shiva every 25 turns to take down 10-20k. Be VERY happy you have Lilith for constant damage bigger than 6.

Stealth Edit: try saving up the blue orbs in the bottom corner and get a massive combo... It might not work, but it will help you practice.
33k damage without a multiplier, doubt it. :p

In total it took about 2.5 hours. Easy and safe, but really boring.

Thanks Slottm (and the community in general of course) for the advice. After a couple of stones spent on stamina, I was able to come away with about 10 king metals. I fed some the team and this is what I am at now:

Awoken Odin - lvl 33 - hp 2625
Siren - lvl 48 - hp 988
Siren - lvl 25 - hp 852
Echidna - lvl 38 - hp 900
Hadar - lvl 46 - hp 2650

This puts the team at 8015 hp plus the friend Abyss Neptune. Based on what Slottm is saying, I should be able to take Hera. I'm holding him to it :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom