• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colby

Thanks Otix! What would you recommend as subs? I've got Siren and Neptune with guaranteed spots. That leaves two slots for:

Crystal Aurora Dragon lvl 31
Fenrir Knight Kamui lvl 27
Evolved Echidna lvl 28
Evolved Lakshmi lvl 30
Rainbow Keeper I guess

edit: I went with Lakshmi and Megalodran for as much RCV as possible. Let's see how it works.

Also, is it worth to have more than one highlander/berserk? I got one of each, but I'm wondering about the viability of 2 of each on a team.
I personally think 1 is plenty for most situations, especially now that we got additional orb changers like the new Greeks and Ninjas. There simply aren't enough team slots to roster more than 1 Cu Chu or Siegfried. If I were to consider duplicate orb changers on a Wood team, for example, I'd rather have 2 ADK or 2 Sasuke since they convert garbage orbs instead of useful Hearts. So, either 2 ADK/1 Sasuke/1 Cu Chu or 1 ADK/2 Sasuke/1 Cu Chu. And that's assuming I'm going full offense. There are also defensive options like Susano and Parvati. The leaders are already set with Freyja+Artemis(which overlaps ADK and Cu Chu skills) so you really only have 4 team slots to play around with. Any way I look at it, I don't see any situation where more than 1 Cu Chu would be optimal. The same applies for Siegfried.

raiot

I have a few metal kings around, should I feed them to some of my dark monsters or use them to evolve my Orochi?
This is my team for Zeus:
BBylkd0.jpg

blackflag

I have a few metal kings around, should I feed them to some of my dark monsters or use them to evolve my Orochi?
This is my team for Zeus:

I'd use them for the dark guys. They are doing most of the damage. Orochi is hjust there for utility.

That looks similar to my team except I have to use enchilada instead of Viper.

Zeus as 2nd leader?

Also I'm done spending money on this game so I probably won't get him but I'll try.

Slottm

Neo Member
Thanks Slottm (and the community in general of course) for the advice. After a couple of stones spent on stamina, I was able to come away with about 10 king metals. I fed some the team and this is what I am at now:

Awoken Odin - lvl 33 - hp 2625
Siren - lvl 48 - hp 988
Siren - lvl 25 - hp 852
Echidna - lvl 38 - hp 900
Hadar - lvl 46 - hp 2650

This puts the team at 8015 hp plus the friend Abyss Neptune. Based on what Slottm is saying, I should be able to take Hera. I'm holding him to it :).

As long as the f up isnt your own matching skill, I'll take all claim to a failure. If you get stuck on something feel free to post a picture for guidance on how to handle the situation (ie; like that 4 mystic knight situation I posted several pages back)

Yaari

Yeah I agree with Blackflag. Those Dark monsters will be key towards getting Valk down before she heals, Orochi is indeed just there for the delay.

And I am still not sure if I should run Echidna or Orochi for Zeus. People have told me, but I'd just think having it up several times in the entire dungeon beats having it up just for Zeus. Its not like I am going to survive Stage 4, so I'd like to have it up several times.

Oh and also, how does everyone feed Kings? I mean, it would be awesome getting a bonus on doing 5, but its unlikely. If I feed them all, once at a time, there is a much higher chance of getting a slight bonus.

raiot

I hope that I can get a decent Zeus as second leader. I could also use my Echidna, but Like yaari, I'm still unsure which one to use...
I really don't know If I should even try Valkyre.

Kreed

I'm starting to regret this. It is a totally safe strat though, with 8500 RCV and two Sirens it's basically impossible to die unless you forget to heal. Unfortunately that's a very real danger since this takes several hours...

http://i.imgur.com/4kQOPS6l.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Were the demons an issue with this strategy or were you able to heal enough for most of their attacks?

Oh and also, how does everyone feed Kings? I mean, it would be awesome getting a bonus on doing 5, but its unlikely. If I feed them all, once at a time, there is a much higher chance of getting a slight bonus.
Unless you're near max level, feed them 5 at a time. There's no way to predict if you'll get a bonus. Sure, you may get more bonuses feeding one at a time, but what if you got a bonus feeding 5? It all balances out and is up to luck. I've even gotten 2 Supers in a row before. I would've been kicking myself if I only fed 1 King at a time and got 2 Supers in a row. That's a difference of 8 free Kings. Also, it's more gold efficient to feed more at a time, since the higher your monster's level, the more expensive it is to feed. If you feed 5 Kings to a level 1 monster, it only costs 500 gold total. If you feed it 1 King, it costs 100 gold. But it'll raise your monster past level 20, making the second King cost over 2000 gold, and so on. It's the same principle that makes it more cost efficient to feed +1 eggs in bunches rather than 1 at a time, only the cost curve is much steeper with +1 eggs.

Yaari

Hmm I guess so. I've probably fed over 70 Kings last few days and the first bonus I've had was earlier today, really shitty luck.

J0dy77

I personally think 1 is plenty for most situations, especially now that we got additional orb changers like the new Greeks and Ninjas. There simply aren't enough team slots to roster more than 1 Cu Chu or Siegfried. If I were to consider duplicate orb changers on a Wood team, for example, I'd rather have 2 ADK or 2 Sasuke since they convert garbage orbs instead of useful Hearts. So, either 2 ADK/1 Sasuke/1 Cu Chu or 1 ADK/2 Sasuke/1 Cu Chu. And that's assuming I'm going full offense. There are also defensive options like Susano and Parvati. The leaders are already set with Freyja+Artemis(which overlaps ADK and Cu Chu skills) so you really only have 4 team slots to play around with. Any way I look at it, I don't see any situation where more than 1 Cu Chu would be optimal. The same applies for Siegfried.

Good post George. I was trying to think of any scenario where I would want two highlanders and can't think of one. It's just so hard to feed a rare and valuable monster like that. Ill wait until the end of the 2x skillup event and probably feed him then.

Colby

Well, I completed Two Heroes without using any stones and captured the Berserk I needed. Major props to Otix for the Blue Noel.

If you guys can do 2x Blue/Red/Green Present Box, and have the patience to do it, then it's a guaranteed win. It took me about an hour. Just make sure you have at least one way to get heal orbs. I used Siren and Megalodran, but I didn't really need Megalodran. And my Siren could only use its skill every seven turns. Poison is a MUST, as well.

TimeKillr

Yeah, I finally got a Berserk on my third try (lol).

Overall, the three tries cost me about 15 stones. My last 2 tries I got better and switched my team members around and only used 2-3 stones per try.

My team was this:
Fortoytops l.30 (leader)
Echidna the Red Empress l.50 (for delay)
Parvati the Golden Goddess l.40 (for red to heart)
Siren the Enchantress max skill l.51 (for RCV + blue to heart)
Wood Mech Golem Asgard l.69 (for HP)
Woody@GAF's (not 100% sure who this is)'s Neptune, which was awesome

The first fight is by FAR the worst I've ever done. This team is a bit too defensive, and you lose a lot of stones just killing at least the red demon, then the white demon. Once that is done, you're golden, though.

My first 2 tries I had vamps on all 3 different timers, so it wasn't that bad. My last try I had 3 on the same, which was a bit harder.

I also found out that when I had Neptune's poison, I should only just focus on the Siegfried in the last fight, because the Cu Chulainn has so much god damn defense that the only way to damage him is to poison. I managed to finish the last round in 15 minutes the last time, which was nice.

Now for Hera! (I don't have the levels for a black team for Zeus, sadly.... I have all the requirements, just not the levels - a Persephone (2, actually, ugh), a Loki, Vamp Lord, Black Golem, etc. But they're all massively underleveled.

My team for Hera is going be
Ammy Ohkami l.90 (I have a few friend spots if ppl need her as a sub)
Wood Mech Golem Asgard lvl 69 (HP + Skill)
Rainbow Keeper (HP)
Rainbow Keeper (HP)
Shiva the Destroyer l.52 (to get rid of the Neptune!)
Friend Odin (preferably evolved and maxed for HP and skill)

I'll have to hunt around a good Odin friend. :(

OTIX

Were the demons an issue with this strategy or were you able to heal enough for most of their attacks?
Wave one is always dangerous when you don't have a damage multiplier but this team is probably better at handling it than a quad resist team. Still, if you run out of hearts in the first few runds you will die.

razterik

C'mon ride the train
It's the Cu Chu ride it

Two heroes, two stones. Took Parvati/ADK/Asgard/Odin/Shiva/Parvati. Lost the first stone on the vampires the first time when I had no health orbs drop for too long after popping skills. Plain bad luck. Then I dropped Shiva and tossed in Ceres. Having the extra HP and RCV was more useful than his skill. Didn't save me from using my second stone on round two when I had four masks on the same 4 turn timer and almost no red or green orbs. Busting Highlander's defense wasn't too bad once I got Berserk out of the way. Only really did damage when I popped the ADK, but that came every 5 turns anyway.

blackflag

I hope that I can get a decent Zeus as second leader. I could also use my Echidna, but Like yaari, I'm still unsure which one to use...
I really don't know If I should even try Valkyre.

I've always heard Echidna, because you can use it the round before zeus and it should be ready again.

Radav

My team for Hera is going be
Ammy Ohkami l.90 (I have a few friend spots if ppl need her as a sub)
Wood Mech Golem Asgard lvl 69 (HP + Skill)
Rainbow Keeper (HP)
Rainbow Keeper (HP)
Shiva the Destroyer l.52 (to get rid of the Neptune!)
Friend Odin (preferably evolved and maxed for HP and skill)

I'll have to hunt around a good Odin friend. :(

That's the setup I'm planning on making my first attempt at Hera with. I have an Awoken Odin that's level 75 and has 3735 HP. I've opened a spot on my friends list if you need it. 396,139,295.

Dang... if only I had thought about the Double Noel Strat earlier. I could have done exactly what you did Otix except I could have brought a Viper Orochi and a Neptune. Oh well next time.

Uthred

Despite saying I wouldnt go into it again I gave heroes another try, 9 stones (only had a drawn Joker and a friends Neptune so Highlander make shit of me), got vampire and Cu, so slightly less "expensive" than two pulls. I really wanted a vampire for my main account so Im happy enough with that. Though I am definitely not trying for Berserker

Anybody trying a "poverty resolve" team for Hera? Is it worth upgrading Harpies to their new 3rd form (does this reset their bomb skill?)

TimeKillr

That's the setup I'm planning on making my first attempt at Hera with. I have an Awoken Odin that's level 75 and has 3735 HP. I've opened a spot on my friends list if you need it. 396,139,295.

Dang... if only I had thought about the Double Noel Strat earlier. I could have done exactly what you did Otix except I could have brought a Viper Orochi and a Neptune. Oh well next time.

Thanks, I added you. That's gonna make wonders come thursday!

Musan

I'm curious, is anyone going to try Valkyrie dungeon this Sunday? Watching this video makes me cringe at the # of stones needed. Hopefully with Double Zeus, it will not be as bad.

SaberVulcan

So I got Minerva during the last godfest, wondering if she is worth leveling up, and if so should I make her Fire/Dark or Fire/Light? Are one more useful than the other for particular special dungeons?

Despite saying I wouldnt go into it again I gave heroes another try, 9 stones (only had a drawn Joker and a friends Neptune so Highlander make shit of me), got vampire and Cu, so slightly less "expensive" than two pulls. I really wanted a vampire for my main account so Im happy enough with that. Though I am definitely not trying for Berserker

Anybody trying a "poverty resolve" team for Hera? Is it worth upgrading Harpies to their new 3rd form (does this reset their bomb skill?)

Evolving to their 3rd form does not reset their skill; it's the same one "Bomb"

OTIX

Did Heroes again with my green starter team, 0 stone this time. It feels quite safe after the first two rounds. Still no vampire though :(

I'm curious, is anyone going to try Valkyrie dungeon this Sunday? Watching this video makes me cringe at the # of stones needed. Hopefully with Double Zeus, it will not be as bad.
I haven't even looked at the dungeon details, yet, but I'm determined to clear it once. I already have 2 Valks, so don't need another one. I'm still too anxious over Zeus' dungeon to worry about Valkyrie yet.

So I just evolved my Noel. Does it qualify as a dragon? Cause dragon is in the name but seems to be classified as enhance material.

Also is there any chance I could do the whiskey Master level?

image.jpg

Colby

So I just evolved my Noel. Does it qualify as a dragon? Cause dragon is in the name but seems to be classified as enhance material.

Also is there any chance I could do the whiskey Master level?

image.jpg

Man, your lack of boxes is melting my brain. I had 220+ boxes at that rank!

Attack seems on the low end, especially if you use a Parvati friend. Vampires would be really tough. If you use a Parvati friend, might not have enough attack to burst a vampire down quick enough. With an Artemis friend, might not have enough RCV to heal through the dungeon. Might be tough to take down a vampire quickly with Artemis regardless with only 13800 ATK.

you were right about the RCV qq

Colby

I must be doing something wrong then, what exactly would I have in those boxes other than low feeder monsters? Half the time I feel like I'm playing wrong in the first place lol.

Nah, you're just freakishly good at managing your resources. I think most of us have a ton of box slots in order to save up penguins/jewel dragons/evo materials/etc.

So it seems like the chances of seeing a mystic knight are between 1/8 and 1/10, just based on people's experiences. It's a good event for people who need at least one of each, but it's not useful AT ALL for getting skill ups. 108-120 stamina just for a chance at a skill up sucks.

Yes, I'm bitter that ~20 runs and two knights gave me zero skill ups.

Dhx

I'm assuming you mean Loki. I just put him up for you. If it was really Lilith you needed, let me know.

Sorry, if it's late. Was busy running dungeons myself.

Sheesh, good catch. I'm brooding that I have no poison for Hera and have Lilith farming on the brain.

Speaking of, I assume the Dark Sky Dragon Dungeon on Master would be the best place to attempt it? I've never tried farming the Sky Dragon dungeons for the minibosses.

Edit: Grabbed the Loki btw, thanks again.

I just don't believe any of these expert levels drop any dragons. Between all the past colored sky dragons and what not and the whiskey ones now I've ran them probably over 30-40 times and not a single drop. Drop rate must be like 2% or something.

J0dy77

What a PAD day!!! Finished off the third run on Heroes Dungeon and got the Berserker to match the two Highlanders. My adrenaline was up as the poison was about to finish of Highlander, really didn't want to see a third drop. In all I spent 4 stones on the day, zero first run, 3 second run (was playing at work, really distracted), 1 on the final run from the devils.

Really big thank you to Woody@GAF (not sure who this is on the forums). Their Neptune was the only reason I could do the last 2 runs.

Here was the team I used:

Qu8mjcIl.png

Biggest keys to using this team strategy are HP and RCV. You need to be able to tank the hits and bring yourself back to full with limited heal orbs. Makes sure you focus anything in the dungeon that turns up red or white since you don't have resists against this. Everything else you can tank pretty safely. Pay attention to the math of each the last two rounds. If you catch two vampires on the same cooldown note how much they hit for so you can ensure survival and save cooldowns. Try not to use Ceres or Rainbow abilities unless you have too. In the final round berserker and Highlander will be on the same CD every few rounds, you need to be over 6700 to tank the two hits, plan accordingly.

Was a lot of fun and very challenging. Definitely learned about maximizing hearts and when to use cooldowns. Really looking forward to Hera on Friday.

Good Luck with Zeus tomorrow for the people who have teams for it. Mine is definitely not ready.

KuroNeeko

The exception here, especially in the case of Cu Chu, is Chiyome. If you're running a balance team with a heavy wood element for water dungeons - then having two Chus is pretty big. You can even bring an orb → heart changer to help. Problem is that synergy is a bit lacking. Now Phoenix Knight Homura on the other hand....

daemissary

Sheesh, good catch. I'm brooding that I have no poison for Hera and have Lilith farming on the brain.

Speaking of, I assume the Dark Sky Dragon Dungeon on Master would be the best place to attempt it? I've never tried farming the Sky Dragon dungeons for the minibosses.

I've been running it to try and skill up my Lilith and I've gone around 7 times and gotten one Succubus to drop. Probably better than running Witches Ball which I ran to get my first Lilith...I completely lost count how many times it took me there, close to 45-50, I think.

Nah, you're just freakishly good at managing your resources. I think most of us have a ton of box slots in order to save up penguins/jewel dragons/evo materials/etc.

So it seems like the chances of seeing a mystic knight are between 1/8 and 1/10, just based on people's experiences. It's a good event for people who need at least one of each, but it's not useful AT ALL for getting skill ups. 108-120 stamina just for a chance at a skill up sucks.
The more money you spend to accelerate the game, the more boxes you need. I could probably fill up 1000 boxes with useful fodder if GungHo let me. But free players can only farm so much with limited stamina, so they can get away with much less box space.

I don't know what the appearance rate of the Knights are, but I got 3 MDKs in 6 runs of Cursed Jewels in the Technical dungeons. I've also had less luck in previous days, though. I really should be farming for Water and Fire Knights, since those don't have their own special dungeons as of yet, but I'm impatient to max skill my second CDK, because my 2 ADKs and first CDK are already maxed, and it would finally complete my ADK team.

You're welcome. And yeah, the Dark special dungeons are probably your best bet for Succubus, though the drop rates are still frustratingly low. But still better than any normal dungeon for sure.

----------------------------

Man. I know I usually have no problem spending stones for stamina replenishment, but I'm having second thoughts on whether it's worth continuing to farm Heroes, and subsequently Hera. At least Hera has Mystic Knights that can drop. Heroes doesn't have anything aside from a 50/50 Highlander/Berserk. I got 5 Highlanders and 2 Berserks in 7 runs, which is good since I'd prefer to skill-up Cu Chu more than Siegfried. But seeing 250 stamina amount to a single skill-up is disheartening, even though I fully expected skill-ups to be rare. It's just different actually seeing it happen.

VxbzVRk.jpg

bXLl2m6.jpg

The exception here, especially in the case of Cu Chu, is Chiyome. If you're running a balance team with a heavy wood element for water dungeons - then having two Chus is pretty big. You can even bring an orb → heart changer to help. Problem is that synergy is a bit lacking. Now Phoenix Knight Homura on the other hand....
Oh, totally didn't even think of Chiyome. Probably because I still haven't come across her. Never even seen her on my friend list. You're right, Wood and Fire don't have very good synergy. And regarding PKH, I actually do hold onto 2 of each of the Mystic Knights, and would do the same for the Ninjas if I ever get any. The offensive garbage converters just seem more useful to me.

Triple post. But who cares...

Yaari

Any other way to run Wednesday Dungeons without Resolve or Poison/Shiva? I hate saving gems for each round, and would like an easier way to go through.

Would a Parv/Parv team work? I'd have enough health to a hit.

Any other way to run Wednesday Dungeons without Resolve or Poison/Shiva? I hate saving gems for each round, and would like an easier way to go through.

I've run it with shiva/shiva. I think i have finished it without using his skill, but I'm not sure.

KuroNeeko

Sure, any team would work. You just need to have enough health or damage mitigation to get around the attacks OR enough brute force to get past the 60,000 defense that the divine masks have.

Problem is that you won't really eliminate the risk. If you get multiple masks on the same timer and can't burn them down then you're sunk.

Alright. I've decided to give-up on skilling-up my Cu Chu and Siegfried. Out of 5 Highlanders and 2 Berserks I got 1 skill-up for Cu Chu and none for Siegfried. I got 3 MDKs from COSITA using the leftover stamina after farming Heroes. They yielded 1 skill-up for my CDK. I'll finish up my CDK whenever its special dungeon rolls around, and I'll just have to wait for the Poring dungeon(if we ever get it) to skill-up Cu Chu and Siegfried. There's just too little reward for the 50 stamina it takes to run the Heroes dungeon. I basically spent 3 stones for a single skill-up, and the gold/exp per stamina is crap. Instead, I'll take advantage of the guaranteed drop event to bag a few more Rainbow Keepers to stash for a rainy day.

xCobalt

Alright. I've decided to give-up on skilling-up my Cu Chu and Siegfried. Out of 5 Highlanders and 2 Berserks I got 1 skill-up for Cu Chu and none for Siegfried. I got 3 MDKs from COSITA using the leftover stamina after farming Heroes. They yielded 1 skill-up for my CDK. I'll finish up my CDK whenever its special dungeon rolls around, and I'll just have to wait for the Poring dungeon(if we ever get it) to skill-up Cu Chu and Siegfried. There's just too little reward for the 50 stamina it takes to run the Heroes dungeon. I basically spent 3 stones for a single skill-up, and the gold/exp per stamina is crap. Instead, I'll take advantage of the guaranteed drop event to bag a few more Rainbow Keepers to stash for a rainy day.

We need these Pollys asap!

Poring Tower owns; got a max SL Valk from it and my second one is SL3

It's one of the more likely collab dungeons for us to get too since the data is all translated ingame and GungHo also owns Ragnarok Online

razterik

Well, we can probably give up on the Crystal Defenders collaboration. Most recent update for CD+:

"Features associated with the Puzzle & Dragons tie-up campaign for the Japanese region have been removed."

KuroNeeko

Well, we can probably give up on the Crystal Defenders collaboration. Most recent update for CD+:

"Features associated with the Puzzle & Dragons tie-up campaign for the Japanese region have been removed."

Rough if true. Soldier, Time Mage, and Black Mage are all excellent units. Not to mention Rainbow Crystals <drool>

Then again, this could be referring to the thing they had set up a while back where you could earn a Chocobo for completing the trial version of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom