• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

razterik

So looking at the monster box. A magma chimera that's maxed at level 70 might be better than the rippers as a sub?

Not really. His skill does more damage, but it takes twice as long to charge. 30 turns is a long time in most dungeons. Sure, you could get it down to 10, but evolved chimeras aren't really a common drop. And the HP difference is huge. All the rippers are dragon type, so they have multiplier bonuses on dragon teams, like the ADKs. Attacker type multipliers are not generally used for teams. So don't waste your time leveling chimeras unless you have no other options. They are mostly for food.

daw840

Not really. His skill does more damage, but it takes twice as long to charge. 30 turns is a long time in most dungeons. Sure, you could get it down to 10, but evolved chimeras aren't really a common drop. And the HP difference is huge. All the rippers are dragon type, so they have multiplier bonuses on dragon teams, like the ADKs. Attacker type multipliers are not generally used for teams. So don't waste your time leveling chimeras unless you have no other options. They are mostly for food.
So how do you evolve their skill? I feel like if you put the time and food into the skill it could be a good piece.

Also. As food should I be evolving the regular chimeras prior to feeding them? Is it worth it?

This should be the correct mystic knights schedule for the rest of the week (will put in OP)

EDIT: oops orgot to actually hotlink it
PADMysticKnightsSchedule_zpsd3f9113b.png

razterik

So how do you evolve their skill? I feel like if you put the time and food into the skill it could be a good piece.

Also. As food should I be evolving the regular chimeras prior to feeding them? Is it worth it?

By evolve I guess you mean skill up? Raise the skill level and lower the amount of turns to charge? You feed them monsters that have the same skill, in this case, other Magma Chimeras. There are other monsters with the same skill, but they are more rare. To get it all the way down to 10 turns, you would be looking at using at least 60 more Magma Chimeras to feed it. Probably double that or more, since the skill up comes randomly. That's a ton of wasted time, stamina, and feed experience that could go somewhere else...

Outside of pengdras, it is generally not worth it to evolve a monster before feeding it to something else. The only reason to do this is if you are using it for skill up on a skill that the monster gains after the evolution. See Baddie->Big Baddie for skilling up a vampire.

Really, if you are looking for better rippers, you should look at the mechdragons (gone for a couple months at least) or the current Ancient dragons (great stats, skill goes all the way down to 4 turns). Just keep in mind team cost is higher for these.

razterik

Ah. Thank you! I was wondering what the hell the big baddie was for.

All the Big versions have some use for skill up in their evolved form, but most are supplanted by second evolution Goblins, which drop with frequency in many dungeons.

Big Baddie skills up Vampire. (No goblin alternative, so people farm/evolve these.)
Big Bubblie skills up Megalodran and Mermaid/Siren. (Use Marine Goblins.)
Big Flammie skills up Titan/Gigas. (Use Samurai Goblins.)
Big Shynee skills up Fairlion/Angelion. (No Goblin here, but if you do rare pulls in any quantity, you will probably skill this up on itself. >< )
Big Woodsie skills up Mastering, a monster that comes out of the Poring dungeon we don't have yet. (Use Hobgoblins.)

Alright, you guys convinced me, no pull tomorrow. It's just hard seeing those 5 stones there. Tomorrow I will get me a dragon fruit and evolve my holy dragon. Then the grind to level up the dark dragon. Then get to just level up all my others which will be nice.

razterik

According to the FB group, tomorrow's news has been updated to show Hera Descended. Looks like we are getting Hera first. Means I get a chance at Zeus on Saturday.

According to the FB group, tomorrow's news has been updated to show Hera Descended. Looks like we are getting Hera first. Means I get a chance at Zeus on Saturday.
So, I've been farming Hill of Iris's Rainbow for a Dub-Mythlit to evolve Zeus for nothing, since I could've just waited for the Friday dungeon. Oh well. The only Dragon dungeon I was able to run today was the Emerald dungeon. And Hill of Iris's Rainbow only drops Sapphire and Ruby Pengdras, not Emerald. So I have a bunch of Emerald Dragons and a bunch of Ruby and Sapphire Pengdras, but no Emerald Pengdras nor Ruby or Sapphire Dragons.

lordcyno

that's unfortunate for me, i was hoping to evolve and max skill another siren before saturday and run a valkyrie/orochi team. Guess I'll try it with the poverty orochi/amaterasu team with 2 max skill light devils

So it appears I can put together a 17.9k up team with my siren and a maxed Odin (well lvl 80+).

Siren (max skill rcv 667)
Rainbow keeper
Rainbow keeper
Water mech guardian Midgard (massive HP 3900,)
Shiva (HP 2200, mainly for the Neptune fight).
High level Odin

So it will take forever, like my two heroes run, but I should have better luck against the first five rounds than a pauper resolve team). I could switch in a light mechdragon (lvl 33) for a rainbow keeper but that puts me at 16.6k (so just BARELY over the 16.5 limit for Hades). I would gain a skill that can kill an all 5 devil screen though.

At least Neptune only has 44.4k HP as opposed to highlander with 300k.

Maybe I could do this, but probably not. I've been burned to many times with this dungeon. And I am limiting myself to one stone

Musan

Well, doesn't change plans too much for me, Just gives me more time to focus on farming more plants. I also decided to do some spring cleaning. Got rid of most of the skydragons, chimeras, and extra Lilith, with a skillup to boot!

Cr0wn0

I can run the Valk/Viper setup or the resist setup for Hera, but I think i'm going to run isis/horus and bring Shiva along to blast through it. Worst case it might cost me a stone but I got my 100 day bonus so I'm not too worried.

Whelp. Was able to withstand 2 hits from a couple of little devils. 2nd turn and of course unintentional chain combos hurtle me to the 2nd floor where I die because I have no skills charged. I'll have to try again in the morning.

Feh.

KuroNeeko

YES!

Finally got the Mystic Water Knight in the Castle of Satan! This completes my set! Just need one more Mystic Flame Knight and one more Water Knight and I'll have at least two of each for every color!

Got my mats minus the Rubylit for Chiyome's final evo as well. Things are finally starting to look good;D

Caerith

YES!

Finally got the Mystic Water Knight in the Castle of Satan! This completes my set! Just need one more Mystic Flame Knight and one more Water Knight and I'll have at least two of each for every color!

Got my mats minus the Rubylit for Chiyome's final evo as well. Things are finally starting to look good;D
They started showing up again? I mean, congrats!

raiot

F***, no Zeus today?
I upgraded my Viper Orochi to Demon Viper Orochi Lvl 51 for it! :/
I guess its better for the players that want Hera AND Zeus, and better for GungHo to, because they will get a lot more stones!
So, should I farm the metal dragons to push my Hera/Hades to a very high level to have a shot at Valkyre too? Questions... I think I will have the following team for Valkyre: Zeus, Hera, Hades, Echidna, Orochi, Zeus.

BlueSteel

Up to minerva, and I've already messed up and forgot to heal twice. Up to 4 stones used total, which is annoying, but everything is totally doable. I just need to focus. Probably will take a shower break first.

J0dy77

Up to minerva, and I've already messed up and forgot to heal twice. Up to 4 stones used total, which is annoying, but everything is totally doable. I just need to focus. Probably will take a shower break first.

I caught a pitchfork guy and mdk in the first round on the same timer and promptly wiped. Wasted the stam and will try again in a bit.

These initial rounds are going to be really rough with Valk team.

Caerith

Okay, looks like the knight schedule for Normal is messed up. At least three of the dungeons have knights showing up according to the Technical schedule. If it holds true for the rest, today's schedule is:

King of Darkness - Dark
King's Protectors - Fire (presumed)
Cage of the Beast - Ice
Witches' Ball - Wood
Castle Gate - Light (presumed)

No idea if the Technical dungeons match the schedule as they're supposed to or if they're using the Normal schedule instead. No idea if GH will realize their mistake and fix it later.

Yaari

F***, no Zeus today?
I upgraded my Viper Orochi to Demon Viper Orochi Lvl 51 for it! :/
I guess its better for the players that want Hera AND Zeus, and better for GungHo to, because they will get a lot more stones!
So, should I farm the metal dragons to push my Hera/Hades to a very high level to have a shot at Valkyre too? Questions... I think I will have the following team for Valkyre: Zeus, Hera, Hades, Echidna, Orochi, Zeus.

Thats my Valk team and that is what I did too. My duke vamp and Cdk are only 43 all exp went to my 2 Hera, they are 99. The setup works for Valk but you definitely need to get some strong final combo.

The Zeus Hera switch sucks. I spend alot of stones to get ready in time, and then they do this. Lame. Atleast I hope more people wil make Zeus teams now.

KuroNeeko

Anyone have any luck getting any of the dragons to drop in one of the normal dungeons (as opposed to the Technical dungeons)?
I'm running Wind Mech Dragon on Expert in the normal dungeon. Takes fooooooreeeeveeeer with my weaksauce defensive party.

As long as the f up isnt your own matching skill, I'll take all claim to a failure. If you get stuck on something feel free to post a picture for guidance on how to handle the situation (ie; like that 4 mystic knight situation I posted several pages back)

I leveled the monsters up a little more and am trying the Hera dungeon now. How am I supposed to hurt things? It seems to be taking forever. Or is that the method?

BlueSteel

I really really hate myself right now haha. I mess up on hera twice because I realize I need to match heal orbs. Of course, I'm already matching attack orbs and the timer runs out. Bam 2 stones gone. I'm like "I'll post on gaf about how frustrated I am about being an idiot right after this combo"...

and then I forget again.

Up to 7 stones with a little less than half life on Hera. I got this.

lordcyno

finally beat the hera dungeon after 2 hours

couldn't skill up a second siren in time to run a valk/orochi team so i went with orochi and lenni's amaterasu

party was
viper orochi (lvl 4)
hellray harpie demon (lvl 21)
hellray harpie demon (lvl 23)
lightning holy dragon (lvl 26)
lilith, the witch of the night (lvl 35)

both harpie demons were maxed out skill

had to use 2 stones in the first round but was smooth sailing afterwards

raiot

Grats to all new Hera owners and to the ones still struggeling: Think about whats better, 10 stones for a Fairlio and a Genie or a Hera!

@ Yaari: Do you have Big Combo installed? If not, get it! I use it sometimes to get out of a tight spot. Its especially usefull for those dreaded devil rounds or to get the most combos out of a bad board situation.
It saved my ass a few times in the 2 Heroes dungeon on the first round!

MicH

Hera GET! It took just about an hour and I used two stones total. Only the Devils were a pain, the bosses were easy.

Gonna get a second one later and then it's plants time!

Alright. Heading to bed. Gonna leave my Awoken Odin up for whoever might need it in the mean time. I already have 2 maxed out Heras so I don't need another one. I'll be Plant farming when I start playing again. Good luck, everyone!

MicH

Just read up on Zeus strategies... Yeeaaah, I'm not gonna attempt him on Saturday. My Dark team is far too weak and the amount of stones will probably be too high for me at the moment.

Yaari

Grats to all new Hera owners and to the ones still struggeling: Think about whats better, 10 stones for a Fairlio and a Genie or a Hera!

@ Yaari: Do you have Big Combo installed? If not, get it! I use it sometimes to get out of a tight spot. Its especially usefull for those dreaded devil rounds or to get the most combos out of a bad board situation.
It saved my ass a few times in the 2 Heroes dungeon on the first round!
Yeah I might try to use it, I find it a little troublesome taking the screenshots etc. But it might be what I need to get the kill.

BlueSteel

YEA I'm part of the Hera club now!

Wondering whether or not I want to attempt it again later today.

Also, where are you guys finding big puzzle? When I try to find it on google play using my laptop I can't find it.

raiot

Its called Big Combo and is at least on the US Itunes store.
I just make a screenshot ingame, then switch to Big Combo, click on "last picture" and the playfield is instantly loaded. The only "problem" is to delete all the pictures afterwards. ;)

Yaari

Does anyone know where Mystic Light Knight is currently at in the Technicals? I heard the currently used data is not valid, so I am not sure where he is. I don't want to spend endless stamina in the wrong dungeon.

Colby

I guess when I wake up, I'm gonna try Ama + Odin and hopefully not spend too many stones. I just barely got over the HP threshold (only have 20 HP of leeway).

Woohoo. Grats to all the first timers. My first run was shit since I chained into the 2nd floor with no skills charged. Spent a stone to refill stamina and lucked out with the first pair of monsters since they were on different timers.

Hera was kind enough to give me a +

ParityBit

I kinda wish I was more focused on leveling other things so I could attept to take part in all these. But since I do not have a party I have been working on my Ammy. I still can not get past that stupid Ancient Fire dragon so I took a break for a couple of days.

Kosh

Grats on Hera, everyone. I already have one and two Hades, don't see much need for a second. I'll be in the plant garden all day.

lenni

Hera 0 stone clear!
Was way easier than I initially thought, but boy does it take a lot of time to kill Hera.

My team was:

Amaterasu Ookami
Machine Golem Mk3
Lightning Holy Dragon
Rainbow Keeper
Rainbow Keeper
Awoken Odin

Had just over 17k HP.
Neptune was a surprisingly fast kill, even without poison.

TimeKillr

Its called Big Combo and is at least on the US Itunes store.
I just make a screenshot ingame, then switch to Big Combo, click on "last picture" and the playfield is instantly loaded. The only "problem" is to delete all the pictures afterwards. ;)

Nah, Big Combo has been removed from both Google Play and iTunes, for some reason. Nobody knows why - maybe GungHo threatened them?

In other news, I'm doing a 0-stone clear of Hera! The only threat I had was the 4th stage, and even then it was cake. I'm at Venus right now, so I'm essentially done with 0-stone unless I make a HUGE mistake. :)

Ashodin

Shit. For me to even attempt Hera, I'd need some serious healer + orochi shit, since I don't have a Great valk evolved yet. Fuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom