• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeKillr

all of my suggestions won't happen as they reduce money Gungho gets.

• Some other viable form of plant farming or alternative xp strategy
  • Remove shit monsters from the Rare
  • Seperate Rare pulls from PAL pulls
  • Bring back mono-color dragon days. HATE jewled dragons
  • Dark/Light Pengdras (coming...right??)

These are all good suggestions. I figure the problem right now is that GungHo would never really change how it works - their monetization works in a very Asian way, so I doubt they'd wanna change that.

As for improving PAD. I have alot of things I'd change. Pet trading with some kind of restrictions in place to keep people from going crazy with it. Limits on times you can do it per month, level of monster involved etc. Weekly "quests" that reward you with stones. Since they're never going to take the 3* stuff out of the REM I'd like to see them give us the chance to pick up 1 or 2 stones per week doing some kind of weekly quests. Stamina recharge increase at higher levels. Like if you hit level 100 it goes up. More tactical boss fights requiring you to change tactics on the fly a bit more. I could go on but I'll stop there for now. :)

Trading I think would be nice, but I highly doubt it would *ever* come in. They make a ton of money off the rare gacha on godfest days, and people not having specific monsters forces them to make friends in their friend lists to counter this. It makes them more money if people can't trade...

Weekly quests are interesting, though. That I'd be all for.

For me not to be averaging 1 Dragon Plant per run even with 2x event.

LOL yeah, that's.. sucky.

Would you guys like more features like clans (like in other card games) and more of an emphasis on social interaction in-game? With stuff like, say, clan dungeons where everyone participates in the dungeon and if successful everyone gets a reward, stuff like that?

SaberVulcan

How would you improve PAD as it is? What kind of stuff would you like to see in a game like it?

Most of this stuff was said, but...
As a fairly new player (~60 days in):

• Something done to compensate shit luck on the Rare machine. I.E.: Stonerefund on 3* monsters (maybe give 1 stone back), pull 2 of same monster, guaranteed increased rarity on next pull, etc.
  • Stamina recharges faster at higher levels (something like -5 seconds every 10 levels starting at level 80).
  • Less gold cost for feeding high level monsters. Since there have been very good events going on lately, I havent touched the Weekend dungeon, and my gold was basically empty at one point, I only got more because I got a Gold King and sold it. Now I am back down to ~90k. Gold is just another thing you need to micromanage, but its significantly less important then the rest so you tend to forget about it.
  • PAL pulls less shitty at higher levels (increase level/monster type from PAL as you level up. What is a level 100+ gonna do with a level 4 knight?)

Musan

- Verche, the Knights of Sky - Add "Technique" sub type

- All Dual-Element Ogres -> Increase skill attack damage from 30k to 35k

- Awaken Blue Odin -> Leader skill name change, and now give "2.5x attack for God type and Water Element"

- Dino Rider Drake and Dragon Rider Arthur -> Add "Dragon" subtype and adjust HP upward.

- Beast Rider Merlin, Marine Rider Robin, and Gryps Rider Finn -> Add "Demon" subtype and adjust HP upward.

- Ra -> Increase skill attack damage from 5000 to 7777.

- Anubis -> Decrease skill attack cooldown by 5.

- Stage 2 of Will-o-Wisp, Kelpie, and Treant -> Increase skill attack damage from 30k to 35k

- Mech Taiko -> Increase skill attack damage from 5000 to 7777

- Fire, Water, and Wood Stage 1 Archangel -> Reduce skill cooldown by 5 turns, and change its effect: "Convert Light Orbs into Main Element Orbs, and Dark Orbs into Heart Orbs."

- Fire, Water, and Wood Stage 2 Archangel -> All the changes of Stage 1, AND adjust Attack power upward

- Archangel Raphael and Lucifer (both Stage 1 and 2) -> Adjust Attack power upward

- Fire, Water, and Wood Stage 1 Chief Demon -> Reduce skill cooldown by 5 turns.

- Fire, Water, and Wood Stage 2 Chief Demon -> Reduce skill cooldown by 5 turns, and adjust Attack power upward

- Chief Demon Baal (both Stage 1 and 2) -> Reduce skill cooldown by 5 turns

- Stage 2 Chief Demon Lucifer -> Adjust Attack power upward.

Time to brush off that marine rider...

I got ALL my attackers fully evolved and decently levelled, and I finally got all my Lil Dragons (Just have to evolve the White and Green to final form, but theyre at the 3rd evolution and max)

I have my Marine Rider maxed but waiting to evolve. Will probably wait until I have my Dragons all final and very well levelled so that the combined HP of them all is over 10K, so I can survive the Mystic Mask dungeon with Odin. No strategy for that dungeon has worked well enough for me.

MicH

Finally emptied my box of all those Pengdras and most of the ruby dragons. Phew. SO MUCH SPACE!! After all that I'm only at 11 plants, so I need to farm a LOT tonight

That was posted on GungHo's official Facebook? Why would they even mention mech taiko asides from incompetence since he comes from a collab dungeon?

As for the idea of weekly dungeons... in Japan the frequency at which they get events basically means they get a free stone every week or two (provided they are strong enough to beat the dungeon). Which kind of leads to the following points:
- The US gets shit all for events. Sure, there's a Godfest every month, but for the other 21 days of the month absolutely nothing happens.
- The US doesn't get collab dungeons or monsters. This goes back to the first point, plus it means We don't get fodder monsters designed for skilling up our gods. Some of the monsters don't even have copyright issues - the healer cat girls are original to the game but were handed out via promotional code for buying like the art books and shit like that. You'll see one of them as a subboss when the Goemon dungeon rolls around.
- The events we do get come less frequently, or never. In the time that it took for US to get Two Heroes and Hera again, Japan saw them 2-3 times over. We still haven't gotten Super Kings or Dragon Rush.
- Seriously, we get shit all for events. You want to know how PAD stays among the top grossing in Japan iTunes? Well, you know how some of you were complaining about there being -too- much to do this Godfest and you couldn't decide how to allocate your stamina? Now picture this happening every 1-2 weeks, and you have an idea of how crowded Japan's schedule is and how they manage to sustain IAP during non-Godfests.

massoluk

Banned
I got ALL my attackers fully evolved and decently levelled, and I finally got all my Lil Dragons (Just have to evolve the White and Green to final form, but theyre at the 3rd evolution and max)

I have my Marine Rider maxed but waiting to evolve. Will probably wait until I have my Dragons all final and very well levelled so that the combined HP of them all is over 10K, so I can survive the Mystic Mask dungeon with Odin. No strategy for that dungeon has worked well enough for me.

Huh? Are we talking about Wednesday Dungeon? Is there something wrong that your team that you couldn't pull through with a shiva?

Musan

The patches was posted on the GungHo Japanese site, so the changes will be slow coming here, just something to keep in mind.

Uthred

Poverty resistance on Hera takes soooo long, I genuinely lost about three stones because I was spacing out and didnt make a match properly. Not even sure at this point why I threw so many stones at it, not as if I have a particular need for Hera, the old Everest problem I guess ;)

ccbfan

Geez Hera on dragon plant day?

WTF.

Any other day but this, at least its not jewel dragon day too.

Well ran Hera once with

Great Valk
Max skill Siren
MAx Skill Siren
Enchilada
Lillith

Helper Orochi.

It was actually easy but super monotonous and you have to be careful. You need to heal and match one other every turn for Hera which is easy since with 2 max skill Sirens and 2 delayers. Only once did I have to use both delayers before one recharged. Its rare for Siren's skill not to be active when you need it but what was more common was there being less than 3 total fire and heal orbs so you needed to use a delayer.

Still used 2 stone though. All completely my fault. Stone number 1 I lost because I was not paying attention and forgot completely to heal after my game play got interupted. Stone two was when I was trying to make an extra combo and accidentallly undid my heal match. This was basically the equivalent of the lightning dodge minigame in FFX. Easy but you need extremely concentration and patience.

Gonna make one more run and then decide if I'll go for 3. Really depends on how many stones the next one takes. If I no stone it then I'll go for 3. If I use 2 or more then I'll stop and wait for next time.

Every time I tried with Shiva I failed. Its too situational IMO.
With a monored team and a Resolve leader it's pretty brainless. Kill one of the first two masks, store fire orbs in the corners, the remaining demon mask has enough defense to save you from 2-3 oops moments. Having a Titan, MFK, and/or volcano dragon also help as backup options.

With a monored team and a Resolve leader it's pretty brainless. Kill one of the first two masks, store fire orbs in the corners, the remaining demon mask has enough defense to save you from 2-3 oops moments. Having a Titan, MFK, and/or volcano dragon also help as backup options.

Oh.. MONO red team.. I've been doing one of each color, then doing an AoE every round after activating Shiva's skill.

And I guess the reds I pick shouldnt be powerful because last time I tried with a mono team I kept killing the two little masks each match :/ or id go too soft and they'd kill me.

Oh.. MONO red team.. I've been doing one of each color, then doing an AoE every round after activating Shiva's skill.

And I guess the reds I pick shouldnt be powerful because last time I tried with a mono team I kept killing the two little masks each match :/ or id go too soft and they'd kill me.
Yeah pretty much. I'm currently running it with a Gigas, Titan, Enchilada, Mercury Light Carbuncle, and 4* Volcano Dragon

Also I like how they completely reversed the effects of the archangel skills and added guard stance light to boot. Now they're not completely terrible anymore!

lenni

Picked up my second Hera, also 0 stones.
Is there any sense in 3? Hera herself takes so long to get down that I don't want to do it a third time.

That was posted on GungHo's official Facebook? Why would they even mention mech taiko asides from incompetence since he comes from a collab dungeon?

As for the idea of weekly dungeons... in Japan the frequency at which they get events basically means they get a free stone every week or two (provided they are strong enough to beat the dungeon). Which kind of leads to the following points:
- The US gets shit all for events. Sure, there's a Godfest every month, but for the other 21 days of the month absolutely nothing happens.
- The US doesn't get collab dungeons or monsters. This goes back to the first point, plus it means We don't get fodder monsters designed for skilling up our gods. Some of the monsters don't even have copyright issues - the healer cat girls are original to the game but were handed out via promotional code for buying like the art books and shit like that. You'll see one of them as a subboss when the Goemon dungeon rolls around.
- The events we do get come less frequently, or never. In the time that it took for US to get Two Heroes and Hera again, Japan saw them 2-3 times over. We still haven't gotten Super Kings or Dragon Rush.
- Seriously, we get shit all for events. You want to know how PAD stays among the top grossing in Japan iTunes? Well, you know how some of you were complaining about there being -too- much to do this Godfest and you couldn't decide how to allocate your stamina? Now picture this happening every 1-2 weeks, and you have an idea of how crowded Japan's schedule is and how they manage to sustain IAP during non-Godfests.

oh US is definitely 2nd fiddle to JP. Honestly, I don't see this changing much. It sucks, but I prefer to ignore the JP side and just enjoy what we have. We probably won't see any updates until 6.0

Dragoshi1

Got Tiamat from the Rare Egg machine yesterday, and I've been getting a bunch of weird dragons through the standard egg machine. Most of them are wearing crowns or something, haven't really checked.

All I know is Tiamat ROCKS.

parasight

Anyone have an Awoken Odin with at least 4.5k HP?

I know that's a lot, but it's how much I'm short of being able to run Hera with at least 16.5k.

lenni

Schedule for today and tomorrow:

63583_511659022230606_1517679316_n.jpg
488199_511659025563939_365867193_n.jpg

Not true, I've just had a blue knight appear in Cursed Jewels, so my guess for the technicals is:

CJ: Blue
BSOSS: Red
GotD: Dark
DP: Light
RotDK: Green

Supposedly the normal CoS fits the technical schedule though.

Got Tiamat from the Rare Egg machine yesterday, and I've been getting a bunch of weird dragons through the standard egg machine. Most of them are wearing crowns or something, haven't really checked.

All I know is Tiamat ROCKS.

the dragons are used to level up your monsters. Try and feed to like-color.

Unless you are trolling...because i've gotten shit out of the PAL machine since this event started. Literally nothing but slimes and un-evo'd goblins. It's great.

MicH

Not true, I've just had a blue knight appear in Cursed Jewels, so my guess for the technicals is:

What the.. this is so confusing. The above schedule was from the Facebook group. It's like they rotate several times a day

shinjijai

yah i think that's wrong as well; i just had a green drop on witches ball =|.. was hoping for a dark one

SaberVulcan

Alright, about to go on lunch break and try this team out on Hera:

Siren should be healing for ~1750 a turn.. so I need a Viper friend with ~550 HP and I SHOULD be okay after round 4. Hopefully someone has a low level Viper up ><;

lenni

yah i think that's wrong as well; i just had a green drop on witches ball =|.. was hoping for a dark one

That's what I meant with "Supposedly the normal CoS fits the technical schedule though.".
The schedule for the technical CoSitA seems to fit the appearances in the normal CoS.

mercviper

Unless you are trolling...because i've gotten shit out of the PAL machine since this event started. Literally nothing but slimes and un-evo'd goblins. It's great.

Man you're just getting shit luck this week :x I've gotten about 50% kings on PAL pulls (out of about 12) and I'm averaging 2 plants per run today (7 runs).

J0dy77

Finally got through Hera, started this morning before work and slowly worked through Hera when I could grab some time. The Valk team works really well but it is very stressful and one mistake basically costs you a stone. Here's my thoughts on the strategy and the team I used, hopefully it helps some people out. I got through using 3 stones and all of them were due to simply not paying attention/being distracted.

Team:

2KYHRfIl.png

I used a maxed level Viper from my iPad account. Having the extra HP saved me 2 stones on the devil rounds getting brought down under 300 health.

There are 3 hard stages of this dungeon for this team, the first 4 rounds of trash, Venus and Hera. Minerva, Ceres and Hades are very easy with resolve and high rcv.

First 4 rounds - First round is key, you need to kill one of the two mobs and then stall for as long as possible. You want to build up Enchinada and Viper delays. Once you have ench go to round 2. Use the delay if needed in each round and delay at the end of the round to recycle delay cooldowns.

Venus and Hera - These two are the stressful part because they are on one turn attack cycles. My team had roughly 7500 HP which meant i needed 3 hearts and 3 combo each turn to heal above the 50% line. I would match for as long as possible ensuring that hearts are part of the 3 combos until I was out of options. You then slowly work through your cooldowns using Siren abilities first (my primiary Siren is maxed, secondary is on turn 7). If you run into trouble pop a delay and use the time to recover Siren, always use Viper last since he's the longest cooldown. Keep chipping away slowly and pay attention, it's easy to get bored. My last death came because i had the sound off and didn't realize delay was over and I was at 1 health, wasn't paying attention.

The team makeup and strategy is a lot of fun to play. I have my max Great Valkyrie up if anyone wants to give it a try or can throw up a 38 viper. Good Luck. I'm going back hoping for a second.

shinjijai

That's what I meant with "Supposedly the normal CoS fits the technical schedule though.".
The schedule for the technical CoSitA seems to fit the appearances in the normal CoS.

sorry, i meant to say you were right and agreeing with how what's posted on facebook was wrong.

MicH

Man you're just getting shit luck this week :x I've gotten about 50% kings on PAL pulls (out of about 12) and I'm averaging 2 plants per run today (7 runs).
I probably haven't gotten Kings 50% of the time, but I've gotten at least 5-6 of them. No Super Kings and I would really like that Super King Gold :( (got Metal last time and want Gold now!)

A surprisingly big amount of them were Gold Kings which were perfect for my dear Ama :D

I probably haven't gotten Kings 50% of the time, but I've gotten at least 5-6 of them. No Super Kings and I would really like that Super King Gold :( (got Metal last time and want Gold now!)

A surprisingly big amount of them were Gold Kings which were perfect for my dear Ama :D

unreal. Including the 10 pulls from the beginning and a couple a day...I've gotten 1 king and i think thats it.

Guess i used all my luck pulling back2back Hades...

Dragoshi1

I'll screencap my Monster box for you later.

But here's what I have;

Minerva
Parvati
Venus
Tiamat
Keeper of Flame
Berserk
Mythlit
Super king Metal Dragon
Super King Gold Dragon
King Emerald Dragon x2
Tyrannos
Lil' Red Dragon
Lil' White Dragon
Lil' Green Dragon
Mermaid
Naga
And a bunch of slimes, masks, Devils, Dragon seeds, goblins, golems, and knights.

I had some King Metal Dragons, about 3, but I sold them. I seem to get a King dragon every now and than, but I never knew what to do with them so they've been easy money for me. Got 'em all out of the regular egg machine.

I haven't spent any money on this game either, I mainly use the rare egg shop as soon as I have 5 stones, and I use the regular egg shop once a day.

MicH

Just ran Whiskey dungeon on expert again for the 40 billionth time, still no drop. I'm certain it will never drop and is a waste of my time.
Expert has a really, really low drop rate. Probably around 5% so it isn't really worth it for other purposes than exp. I would farm dragon plants or Mystic Knights instead

I'll screencap my Monster box for you later.

But here's what I have;

Minerva
Parvati
Venus
Tiamat
Keeper of Flame
Berserk
Mythlit
Super king Metal Dragon
Super King Gold Dragon
King Emerald Dragon x2
Tyrannos
Lil' Red Dragon
Lil' White Dragon
Lil' Green Dragon
Mermaid
Naga
And a bunch of slimes, masks, Devils, Dragon seeds, goblins, golems, and knights.

I had some King Metal Dragons, about 3, but I sold them. I seem to get a King dragon every now and than, but I never knew what to do with them so they've been easy money for me. Got 'em all out of the regular egg machine.

I haven't spent any money on this game either, I mainly use the rare egg shop as soon as I have 5 stones, and I use the regular egg shop once a day.
Wow you lucked out with those rare egg machine pulls... most people just wait for a Godfest to do pulls.

Check the monster type to see what it does. Enhance Material (like the King Metal Dragons) tend to give a lot of EXP and are used for powering up your own monsters. Similarly Evo materials are used to evolve your monsters into stronger shit.

Finally got through Hera, started this morning before work and slowly worked through Hera when I could grab some time. The Valk team works really well but it is very stressful and one mistake basically costs you a stone. Here's my thoughts on the strategy and the team I used, hopefully it helps some people out. I got through using 3 stones and all of them were due to simply not paying attention/being distracted.

Team:

2KYHRfIl.png

I used a maxed level Viper from my iPad account. Having the extra HP saved me 2 stones on the devil rounds getting brought down under 300 health.

There are 3 hard stages of this dungeon for this team, the first 4 rounds of trash, Venus and Hera. Minerva, Ceres and Hades are very easy with resolve and high rcv.

First 4 rounds - First round is key, you need to kill one of the two mobs and then stall for as long as possible. You want to build up Enchinada and Viper delays. Once you have ench go to round 2. Use the delay if needed in each round and delay at the end of the round to recycle delay cooldowns.

Venus and Hera - These two are the stressful part because they are on one turn attack cycles. My team had roughly 7500 HP which meant i needed 3 hearts and 3 combo each turn to heal above the 50% line. I would match for as long as possible ensuring that hearts are part of the 3 combos until I was out of options. You then slowly work through your cooldowns using Siren abilities first (my primiary Siren is maxed, secondary is on turn 7). If you run into trouble pop a delay and use the time to recover Siren, always use Viper last since he's the longest cooldown. Keep chipping away slowly and pay attention, it's easy to get bored. My last death came because i had the sound off and didn't realize delay was over and I was at 1 health, wasn't paying attention.

The team makeup and strategy is a lot of fun to play. I have my max Great Valkyrie up if anyone wants to give it a try or can throw up a 38 viper. Good Luck. I'm going back hoping for a second.

Congrats, man. I'll agree with you that this setup is super stressful. Are you gonna try Zeus out on Saturday?

Waiting for my stamina to regen so I can try for a 2nd as well. Is your Viper 1st or 2nd form? I left my iPad at home, and can't re-up the Orochi I use on that one.

How strong do your monsters need to be to finish Room of Mask - Expert?

This is my team:

I got to the first pair of higher leveled masks and got slaughtered, I got through one using a Lilith Witch of the Night. Are all the higher masks considered "strong"? I really want to evolve my Siren, she's so close.

mercviper

This is my team:

I got to the first pair of higher leveled masks and got slaughtered, I got through one using a Lilith Witch of the Night. Are all the higher masks considered "strong"? I really want to evolve my Siren, she's so close.

You're also going to want a mono color team to make things easier on yourself.

You're also going to want a mono color team to make things easier on yourself.

Thanks, I'll need to get myself a Shiva and Succubus myself. In that video it seemed like Third Eye was used in two turns, does it carry over to the next group if you kill everything in one hit?

This is my team:

I got to the first pair of higher leveled masks and got slaughtered, I got through one using a Lilith Witch of the Night. Are all the higher masks considered "strong"?
Strong just means it does or nearly OHKOs you from a single attack. You shouldn't go into that dungeon with a vanilla team; friend up a gaffer's Shiva and build a team like this
Then stall on the first round until The Third Eye activates. Shiva's defense crush carries over to the next round as long as you one-shot everything, which should happen as long as you make a single red orb match.

oh US is definitely 2nd fiddle to JP. Honestly, I don't see this changing much. It sucks, but I prefer to ignore the JP side and just enjoy what we have. We probably won't see any updates until 6.0
There's a lot GH US could do even without the collab dungeons. For example in 5.0 we currently have the following Limited Time Event dungeons:
Super Kings
2 Heroes
Hera
Zeus
Dragon Rush
Valkyrie
Goemon
Hera-Is
Blades of Justice
Dragon Blades
(Enquette Dungeon 1, the CDK equivalent)
(Enquette Dungeon 4, the Naga equivalent)
Lightless Devil's Nest
Breakers

With Jupiter and Satan joining the ranks by 5.11. If they ran more than the 1-2 per month they're currently doing it would still take over three months to cycle through everything, and players could look forward to -something- happening on a biweekly basis as opposed to just another day of Pengdra farming.

oh wow. Just had a mermaid drop from Oceanus fall on my first run through.

Any reason for 3 Sirens? I have 1 max skilled and another mermaid already. Hope for a skill up??

edit : next run of plant dungeon. 3 seeds, flower, fruit. 3 plants showed up the whole run (2 at the end). Gungho has the worst random number generator ever.

Dump the aqua/earth knights and ice ogre. Feed your dupe mystic knights to each other for skillups. You might be able to go down to one copy of the rest but I'm a little wary.
The Earth Knight is useful for the Wood-only Technical dungeon for defeatng those high defense mobs. Wood doesn't have any poisoners or other armor breakers that I know of.

Anyone have an Awoken Odin with at least 4.5k HP?

I know that's a lot, but it's how much I'm short of being able to run Hera with at least 16.5k.
Awoken Odin's HP maxes out at only 4.1K HP at max level. Only way to get it over 4.5K is with +1 eggs, which no one invests on Odins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom