• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParityBit

Hera 0 stone clear!
Was way easier than I initially thought, but boy does it take a lot of time to kill Hera.

My team was:

Amaterasu Ookami
Machine Golem Mk3
Lightning Holy Dragon
Rainbow Keeper
Rainbow Keeper
Awoken Odin

Had just over 17k HP.
Neptune was a surprisingly fast kill, even without poison.

Interesting. I can do all those except the MK3 (I have a low level MK2). Any suggestions for a substitute?

MicH

Interesting. I can do all those except the MK3 (I have a low level MK2). Any suggestions for a substitute?
Shiva or Neptune would be ideal choices. They're needed to take down Neptune

Also you need 16.5k HP to survive Hades with Ama/Odin combo

Yaari

J8rvO62.png

For Zeus, wish my CDK was skilled but such bad luck that I will go with the main priority first which is Verche.
Once I get Zeus, the Hera can transfer over to a Valk team. Hopefully I have enough bonuses feeding my Gold Kings to Zeus so that I can make him 99 aswell.

Are you planning to manually heal every turn using the Siren? She won't auto-heal back enough.

yes, I am planning on healing every turn. I am only short by 300 hp, so that is one heart match. I think Valk/Viper teams have to heal every turn as well, and they can do 0 stone clears.

If I had gotten a Mithlit yesterday, I would have Evod my Ammy, fed her 1 super king gold dragon, 4 king gold dragons, 5 high gold dragons, and 3 emerald king dragons + my +27 RCV Siren. That would have pushed me really close to the 2, 500 you would need every turn.

oh well. still working on Venus.

raiot

Your team is KILLER yaari! Yesterday I managed to get my duke to max skill but cdk skill ups just don't happen:(
Do you have an idea how much kings went into the heras?

harrytang

8619294110_fa1115c38a.jpg

poor mans hera team. unfortunately i needed 4 stones to kill first devil in order to get viper working, but should be smooth, if not extremely slow, sailing from here on out. so glad i fed my siren so many rcv+ eggs. auto healing so no need for hearts with 2079hp every move. total team hp just below 4k. one devil max skilled at 5 turns and the other close at 9. plenty of time to kill between floors to gets skills up anyway.

figured i only need to do this once for a while and be better prepared next time with an odin AMA team. odin sitting at level 60 and not the required minimum of 77.

Yaari

Your team is KILLER yaari! Yesterday I managed to get my duke to max skill but cdk skill ups just don't happen:(
Do you have an idea how much kings went into the heras?

Yeah, I had 70 saved up, with 1 evolved Hera on 80, and unevolved one at 50. From there on I needed 64 to get both to 99, plus some high dragons.

I had a really good last hour, I had like 22~25 Kings there.

The funny thing is that it takes only like 6-7 stones to do the farming for an hour. I can get 5 runs in with my stamina. It beats farming Pengdra for 3 weeks.

I don't think I would have done it if I didnt need those Hera for the Valk attempt, but since I do, I definitely think its worth it.

Today is Metal too, so you can probably get it done aswell. Considering your Hades/Hera are already up there. They have great stat growth.

lenni

I'd suggest the Mk2! :D
I took the Golem for armor reduction against Neptune, which amounted to about 7k damage every 17 rounds with Odin and Ripper. Mk2 and Mk3 have the same skill, 75% armor reduction for 5 rounds, which makes it possible for attacks over 18k to damage Neptune.
It takes a lot of time and you need over 16.5k HP, but I was never even close to dying.

razterik

yes, I am planning on healing every turn. I am only short by 300 hp, so that is one heart match. I think Valk/Viper teams have to heal every turn as well, and they can do 0 stone clears.

If I had gotten a Mithlit yesterday, I would have Evod my Ammy, fed her 1 super king gold dragon, 4 king gold dragons, 5 high gold dragons, and 3 emerald king dragons + my +27 RCV Siren. That would have pushed me really close to the 2, 500 you would need every turn.

oh well. still working on Venus.

Hope you did the math for Hades, too. Otherwise, good luck.

Finished out just now with my 0 stone clear. Man, the worst enemy in this dungeon was boredom. So many turns. Feel like I need to go take a nap now.

raiot

Hm, It depends on which time the dragons are scheduled, I'm from Germany and depending on the time I may only get one hour to farm them. The worst scenario would be 21.00 pm as the first run...
But I think I might be able to get them at least to 70 or 80!

ok, the drop rate for plants was definitely nerfed. I'm at about 1 per run, which is pretty low. Sucks there is no place to reliably get plants outside of Thursday...

Good luck with Hera everyone! Looks like it's going well so far. I'll leave my Viper up when i'm not in plant hell.

raiot

Im on group C, but thanks for checking razterik!
@ MMbosstones86: I dont think the droprate was nerfed, I got 30 plants in 10 runs....

ParityBit

I'd suggest the Mk2! :D
I took the Golem for armor reduction against Neptune, which amounted to about 7k damage every 17 rounds with Odin and Ripper. Mk2 and Mk3 have the same skill, 75% armor reduction for 5 rounds, which makes it possible for attacks over 18k to damage Neptune.
It takes a lot of time and you need over 16.5k HP, but I was never even close to dying.

I can't hit that HP range. I guess my monsters are just too low level. Oh well, maybe next time Hera comes around I can prepare a little more.

Back to plants with me. I will hang with my rider brother - MMBosstones86

MicH

I haven't even begun Dragon plant hunting :( I'm gonna get my second Hera in a few minutes and then I'm done with that dungeon for quite a while!

Hope you did the math for Hades, too. Otherwise, good luck.

Finished out just now with my 0 stone clear. Man, the worst enemy in this dungeon was boredom. So many turns. Feel like I need to go take a nap now.

Hades is considerably easier. with a six turn timer, I have to complete 1 heart orb every six turns. With my max skilled siren (5 turn cooldown) this is trivial.

ParityBit

I am looking to cleanup my "favorite" monster list. Is there anything here I should cull either by selling or feeding?

• Mystic Ice Knights (x2; I have a Fenrir Knight)
  • Aqua Knight (Do I need this?)
  • Ice Ogre - 2 blue ghosts (Was using for a resolve team, now have a Titan team (Mystic
  • Flame knight/Echidna/MVD/misc red team)
  • Susano (x2)
  • Earth Knight (Do I need this?)
  • Machine Golem MK II (x2)
  • Mystic Light Knight (x2)
  • Tiamat (x3)
  • Vampire Lord (x2)
  • Mystic Dark Night (x4)

I am looking to cleanup my "favorite" monster list. Is there anything here I should cull either by selling or feeding?

• Ice Ogre - 2 blue ghosts (Was using for a resolve team, now have a Titan team (Mystic
  • Susano (x2)
  • Tiamat (x3)
  • Vampire Lord (x2)
  • Mystic Dark Night (x4)

multiple Susanos, I have seen in some incredibly defensive teams on the Chinese wiki. I want to say they were for the ice hera dungeon, but I am not sure.

Mystic Knights:
Personally I am about to cull the extra mystic knights for attempts at skill ups after I get out of the hera dungeon.

Tiamats : have you gotten all of the different evos? if you have then you can probably get rid of them, if you have not then maybe eventually..

Vampire Lords - skill up

• Susano (x2)
  • Tiamat (x3)
  • Vampire Lord (x2)
  • Mystic Dark Night (x4)

Dump the aqua/earth knights and ice ogre. Feed your dupe mystic knights to each other for skillups. You might be able to go down to one copy of the rest but I'm a little wary.

MicH

Got through the Devils, Demons and Mystic Knights without using a stone! And a Stone Knight dropped as well. This is GOOOOD :D Currently battling Ceres

Got through the Devils, Demons and Mystic Knights without using a stone! And a Stone Knight dropped as well. This is GOOOOD :D Currently battling Ceres

team?

Also Q: Ultimate evo for Ceres, is there a reason why Light/Wood would be useful? I know Dark/Wood would be good for 2Heroes.

Which ultimate evo should I go for Hades first (i have 2)?

Slottm

Neo Member
I guess I'll just ask here then prior to doing it. A while ago I made a guide to dissecting the Chinese wiki page so that you could formulate a proper team strategy. The specific example I used was Hera's dungeon. It's kind of long, but do you guys want me to post it here? I noticed tonner asking how to damage things...which leads me to believe he doesn't know the armor numbers/proper method to bypassing it. (I could be wrong here)

team?

Also Q: Ultimate evo for Ceres, is there a reason why Light/Wood would be useful? I know Dark/Wood would be good for 2Heroes.

Which ultimate evo should I go for Hades first (i have 2)?
Wood/Light pairs with Vampire on Team Horus; with W/D you have to hope for a Valkyrie.

Dark/Dark is the more useful Hades evolution by far.

Wood/Light pairs with Vampire on Team Horus; with W/D you have to hope for a Valkyrie.

Dark/Dark is the more useful Hades evolution by far.

Well I don't have a Vamp, Horus, or Valk...sooo hahaha

What's the reason for D/D being so good, the 60% resist? I guess the extra 100 atk is a nice bonus as well.

Looks like I need 6 dub-amelits tomorrow. ahhh

Second Hera GET (without using a stone!) and I'm done! Dragon plant farming for the rest of the day :D

congrats man! I'll be participating next time around. Pulling 2 Hades really took the burden off of needing Hera

harrytang

I guess I'll just ask here then prior to doing it. A while ago I made a guide to dissecting the Chinese wiki page so that you could formulate a proper team strategy. The specific example I used was Hera's dungeon. It's kind of long, but do you guys want me to post it here? I noticed tonner asking how to damage things...which leads me to believe he doesn't know the armor numbers/proper method to bypassing it. (I could be wrong here)

sure. id give it a read

MicH

What's the reason for D/D being so good, the 60% resist? I guess the extra 100 atk is a nice bonus as well.

Looks like I need 6 dub-amelits tomorrow. ahhh

congrats man! I'll be participating next time around. Pulling 2 Hades really took the burden off of needing Hera
Thanks! My first time participating in these special dungeons. Can't wait to tackle Zeus, though that will have to wait until next time he descends.

With two Hades you really don't need Hera. She's like a slightly worse Hades, so you're pretty much good to go on that front.

Nista

So should I use this team for Hera with an awoken Odin friend leader? I'm not sure if I'd be better off with a delay instead of a ripper, but I guess you need it to clear the earlier levels.

i25A6hZ.jpg

Slottm

Neo Member
sure. id give it a read

You asked for it. incoming book :p

This is a guide that may help in learning the basics to determine whether or not you may be able to beat a dungeon. Please refer to the FAQ provided by James Pierce to learn some of the basics/strategies utilized in this game. The Chinese wiki is located here:

http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/Puzzle_&_Dragons_维基

(please test this link for me to make sure it works)

Utilizing a site such as translate.google.com we can learn a lot of information from this website...in particular formulate strategies to determine whether or not we can defeat a dungeon.

There are multiple ways to beat a dungeon.

a) brute force (This means kill it before it kills you...typically the quickest method. Examples include things such as a Zeus team, an ADK team, a vampire/dark team)

b) autohealer team - this relies on the fact that you can somehow outheal the damage being dealt by the monster in relation to your healing. For example, lets say you have a monster that hits for 1500 every turn, and you have a siren that heals for 1800 every turn. You will live. Lets now assume a monster hits for 8000 every 10 turns, and your siren heals for 1800 every turn. You should theoretically outheal it...assuming your HP is high enough to take the hit. If it is not, you must incorporate some sort of healing method

c) A team that utilizes some form of resistance

d) Resolve team - this requires that 1 of your leads be a Titan/Gigas, any of the color ogres, or Viper Orochi and a healer as your 2nd lead. For more details please refer to the FAQ Resole explanation.

Let's now fast forward to the chinese wiki page. The front page includes a picture for each dungeon's end boss, as well as various tabs on the left side for dungeons, special dungeons etc. Certain monsters are the bosses of multiple dungeons, such as Zeus, the boss of the final normal dungeon, as well as having his own special technical dungeon. Normal dungeons are in the middle of the page, tech/special/rotating dungeons are on the right side of the page, and "special/more limited/editor's choice dungeons" appear towards the bottom center of the page.

Here's a visual
6BUWM

Let's now look at the Hera dungeon in particular. Navigate down to her picture, or if you have trouble finding that, please use this link: http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/ヘラ降臨

After we scroll down a bit, we will notice a chart, with various monster pictures and numbers. What do these numbers mean?

The first column: The stage the monster appear on. If the field is blank, it means that it's typically a "trash" or fodder monster...something that will appear on non boss stages, in various quantities.

The Second column is a picture of the monster along with its name. The color in the top left, and most of the time the text denotes what color the monster is, in case you have some form of resistance brought along with your team

The third number is the monsters damage per hit. This number can be reduced by effects such as Green Odin, resist dragons

The Fourth number is the number of turns between each hit. For example, if the number here is 1, the monster will attack after every turn you get. If the number is 3, you get 3 turns in between monster attacks. THIS DOES NOTE DENOTE THE MONSTERS FIRST ATTACK, OR WHAT TURN IT IS. This is only for BETWEEN attacks. The first attack timer is typically variable, within 3 turns.

The Fifth column is the monsters armor - meaning you must exceed this number in order to deal damage to the monster (Damage done is monster dmg - armor then that amount used to calculate element bonus damage or weakness)

The sixth column is whether or not the monster drops anything. notably a baby version of itself, money, or nothing.

Lastly are any notes regarding the monster, such as whether or not its a rare appearance, or in some cases, such as the master weekend dungeon, there are a pool of 5 different carbuncles that can spawn at the end. This will tell you only 2 total will spawn.

Lets now dissect the dungeons information, and look for anything out of the norm.

First off, we note trash monsters can be of any color...this includes demons, mystic knights and devils. Due to them being various colors and being unable to identify which will spawn, we conclude that a single resistance will not protect against all of these damage types. For tips on trash, charging skills on round 1, etc, please seek another guide. Let's now skip to where we see the number 5 on the left. This denotes a boss or mini-boss stage, and will start our checklist of things to keep a lookout for the dungeon.

Overall things we can note: most bosses have around 400000-600000 hp, 1200 armor except for special cases (such as Neptunes armor/health, and Hera's HP/armor)

We note the first boss is venus. She's a light type monster with 5647 damage EVERY turn. This means for a resolve team, we must be able to heal up every turn. For a reduction to kick in, we must have a light reduction, or be able to top off your hp for odin to be effective every turn. We note the "typical" armor value for bosses in this dungeon which seems to be 1200.

Key notes against venus: light damage, hits every turn

Fight 6: Minerva. Here we note something a little different, Her armor value is the same as venus', but she hits for 14117 every 3 turns. This means in some fashion, whether resists, odin, or resolve, we must be able to sustain a hit of this nature every 3 turns and be able to heal against it.

Key notes for Minerva: hits for 14117 every 3 turns - if we can heal against venus, we should be able to heal against Minerva. Limiting factor: maximum HP of your team.

Fight 7: Ceres: 10780 every 2 turns. This is a mix between minerva and venus. It's less stressful than Venus since the damage comes less often and gives more time to heal up, while not needing the high hp pool minerva requires. If the checkpoints for Venus and Minerva are met, we should be able to handle Ceres easily.

Fight 8: Neptune: Well something is definitely different here. Neptune has very low HP: 44489. However his armor is 72000 (also, he's blue, which is advantageous for green, and a setback for red teams)

Checklist for Neptune: Must be able to exceed 72000 armor, or deal damage some other method (Poison/Shiva or other armor reductions)

Fight 9: Hades: Hades is a standard boss, yet hits for 82123! We must note this for some method to stay alive

Fight 10: Hera. 2.56 million hp, low armor...hits for 12354 every turn

Checklist Hera: Lots of hp, low armor...hits VERY hard EVERY turn

Checklist for the dungeon:

Venus hits for 5647 light damage every turn. Must be able to heal through this

Minerva hits for 14117...this is nothing compared to Hades, so Hades supercedes Minerva's requirements, unless we're strictly using elemental reductions

Ceres has no special requirements that aren't met by something else

Neptune requires something to break through his armor

Hades requires a method of living through a high damage hit

Hera hits every turn

Now lets look at some common stats needed to beat this dungeon, and why they're important

HP requirement: We have several different methods here. One is to eat the hit...this means you must have 82123 HP because Hades hits for that much. This seems difficult. We can utilize things such as rainbow keepers, or Susanos, but must realize that we most likely will not kill hades quickly unless using a brute force team. Thus we must have a sustainable amount of health.

Lets look at using an odin(He provides 80% damage reduction at full health):

82123*(1-.8) = 16425.6 HP, we'll round to 16426. This means utilizing an odin, we'd need this much HP to survive. Odin will offer us damage reduction versus every boss, so long as we can heal up in time.

Lets look at Odin(80% reduction) + a dark damage reduction(50% reduction): 82123*(1-.5)*(1-.8) = 8212.3 rounded to 8213 HP every 6 rounds.

Lastly, we could just use resolve. This makes the dungeon feasible, in terms of maximum HP requirements

Let's look at the next struggles: RCV. We note two monsters hit every turn, Hera and Venus.

If we strictly look at Hera and Venus without reductions, we note Hera is twice as threatening. Thus, we must heal 12500 every turn, or use reductions

Using Odin provides 12354*(1-.8) = 2470.8 or 2471 damage every turn. Venus' is less than that. Now we note...well if we have 16500 hp, and can heal this much every turn, we can survive through this dungeon!

Another option, 12354*(1-.5)*(1-.8) for CDD + Odin is 1236ish damage every turn. This is very manageable.

Our options are some form of auto healer (Ameterasu, Siren etc) or to manually heal. We note that if we manually heal, we must account for the need of health orbs being present EVERY turn to survive or activate Odin's leader skill. Hence for the typical need of 2 sirens maxed out on the team.

Lastly, let's look at the Neptune requirement: 72000 armor, let's assume we either need poison on the team or armor reduction. Poison is pretty straight forward.

Thus what do we take from this: Using strictly odin, we must heal for a minimum of about 2500ish every turn and have a max hp total of 16500, while having a poison for Neptune.

Using CDD and Odin we must have 8250ish HP total, healing 1250 every turn and have a poison or armor reduction for Neptune

Using Resolve, we must be able to heal up every turn, and poison or armor reduce Neptune.

Hopefully this helps, let me know if any clarifications are necessary. I will add something on a normal dungeon later, but my hand is tired XD

Resolve team compositions:

Valk team: Leads: Valk/Orochi. Subs: Siren max skill x2 if possible(Must have at least 1), Lilith, Echidna. Can sub in a 2nd valk or Echidna if for the 2nd Siren

Standard Resolve team: Leads: Giga/Ogre/Orochi as lead with Ama as the other lead. Subs: Chimera/Demon x3(perferably all near max lvl need to be evolved at least), 1 poison monster(Lilith or Neptune, if no poison monster than another Chimera/Demon will do) . If you have a Vritra you can sub him in for any of the Chimera or Demon. Also can sub in an Echidna for safey but not required.

AutoHealing team composition:

Odin/Ama team: Leads: Max lvl Odin and Ama. Subs: Mechs, Rainbow Keepers, Hera, Rippers, Golems. (Remember must have at least 16426 HP so pick creatures that have high HP)

Resist team Compositions:

Odin must be one of your leads. 2nd lead must be a 50% dark damage reducer. Options are: Dark Ripper, Dark Neptune, Drawn Joker, Dark Minerva, Evolved Hades, Dark Venus ect. I think you get the idea.

Subs: Siren max skill, Rainbow Keeper, Echidna or another max Siren, Rainbow Keeper or another monster with high HP or Poison monster.

Note: your team must have over 8214 HP and preferably a Poison monster for reasons stated above.

Radav

Sweet! Hera 0 Stone Clear with Ammy/Odin setup. Gotta do it one more time in about an hour and then I'll be all done with that for a while. Couldn't be more happy about picking up Neptune this past Sunday. His poison was amazing. If I had to use Shiva instead I think I'd still be in there. So pumped! I'll even be able to do some plant farming today after I level up.

TimeKillr

Sweet! Hera 0 Stone Clear with Ammy/Odin setup. Gotta do it one more time in about an hour and then I'll be all done with that for a while. Couldn't be more happy about picking up Neptune this past Sunday. His poison was amazing. If I had to use Shiva instead I think I'd still be in there. So pumped! I'll even be able to do some plant farming today after I level up.

About Shiva - I thought Neptune would take forever to kill.

So here's what I did - I stocked up on 4 wood in each corner, waited for my Shiva's skill to activate, then did the following:

1- Used Shiva's skill
2- Used Gungnir - took off half of Neptune's life (lol)
3- Matched 2 sets of 5 green gems.

Bye bye Neptune! Minerva was FAR worse (I have 2 green monsters in my team, so...)

I'm a Hera right now with your Odin :) Thanks!

So I have this question for you guys, now.

How would you improve PAD as it is? What kind of stuff would you like to see in a game like it?

SaberVulcan

So, this seems like the only feasible way I could beat Hera:
Standard Resolve team: Leads: Giga/Ogre/Orochi as lead with Ama as the other lead. Subs: Chimera/Demon x3(perferably all near max lvl need to be evolved at least), 1 poison monster(Lilith or Neptune, if no poison monster than another Chimera/Demon will do) . If you have a Vritra you can sub him in for any of the Chimera or Demon. Also can sub in an Echidna for safey but not required.

My only potential problems will be that my only poisoner is a Succubus, that should only be a problem in the sense that Neptune will take forever, right?

I read that to do this strategy, your Sirens auto-heal must equal half of your total HP (if using Orochi). Before I burn 40 stamina, Siren's heal is calculated by 3x of her RCV, correct? Or is it total?

The subs I plan to use is a Harpie Demon (level 46, 2nd Evo), Enchidna (level 33), Night Skydragon (level 17, unfortunately) and of course, the Succubus (level 25), which seems like it should work in theory, might need a few stones on the early levels though.

My biggest wall is just making sure I can survive the hits, so if someone could clarify how the auto-heal is calculated, I would appreciate it :).

Uthred

So, this seems like the only feasible way I could beat Hera:

My only potential problems will be that my only poisoner is a Succubus, that should only be a problem in the sense that Neptune will take forever, right?

I read that to do this strategy, your Sirens auto-heal must equal half of your total HP (if using Orochi). Before I burn 40 stamina, Siren's heal is calculated by 3x of her RCV, correct? Or is it total?

Siren Heals Rcvx3, using Ogre/Titan + Siren means you are probably going to end up needing stones. The problem with a resolve team is that if on any of the first four stages the monsters have synced timers you are probably going to be in trouble (at least after the first stage you may have a chance as your abilities will be/need to be charged)

Thanks! My first time participating in these special dungeons. Can't wait to tackle Zeus, though that will have to wait until next time he descends.

With two Hades you really don't need Hera. She's like a slightly worse Hades, so you're pretty much good to go on that front.

I know, mostly I want to run it for the completion factor. and dat stone.

epic guide

awesome guide man, real great.

How would you improve PAD as it is? What kind of stuff would you like to see in a game like it?

all of my suggestions won't happen as they reduce money Gungho gets.

• Some other viable form of plant farming or alternative xp strategy
  • Remove shit monsters from the Rare
  • Seperate Rare pulls from PAL pulls
  • Bring back mono-color dragon days. HATE jewled dragons
  • Dark/Light Pengdras (coming...right??)

Radav

About Shiva - I thought Neptune would take forever to kill.

So here's what I did - I stocked up on 4 wood in each corner, waited for my Shiva's skill to activate, then did the following:

1- Used Shiva's skill
2- Used Gungnir - took off half of Neptune's life (lol)
3- Matched 2 sets of 5 green gems.

Bye bye Neptune! Minerva was FAR worse (I have 2 green monsters in my team, so...)

I'm a Hera right now with your Odin :) Thanks!

So I have this question for you guys, now.

Nice!

As for improving PAD. I have alot of things I'd change. Pet trading with some kind of restrictions in place to keep people from going crazy with it. Limits on times you can do it per month, level of monster involved etc. Weekly "quests" that reward you with stones. Since they're never going to take the 3* stuff out of the REM I'd like to see them give us the chance to pick up 1 or 2 stones per week doing some kind of weekly quests. Stamina recharge increase at higher levels. Like if you hit level 100 it goes up. More tactical boss fights requiring you to change tactics on the fly a bit more. I could go on but I'll stop there for now. :)

With two D/D Hades dark monsters deal 16% of their nominal attack as damage as opposed to 25% for single resists. Using Hera as an example that's 1,111 less damage taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom