• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radav

Well guess I should give Ancient Dragon a try again. Tried Master with mono blue and basically got screwed by a blue lockout, lowered my HP by 3.5.

I know most of you stopped running it, so any tips for a safe-ish Master run?

Edit: Stupid phone, didnt see the post right above me.

When I beat master I used. Meteor Volcano Dragon + Isis as my two leads and filled my subs with high HP mobs and a siren. I think I'm going to try and use water mobs as my subs this time. Having a multiplier makes a huge difference. I can't wait till Water and Wood come around I definitely have better setups for beating those two then I do Fire.

Ashodin

When I beat master I used. Meteor Volcano Dragon + Isis as my two leads and filled my subs with high HP mobs and a siren. I think I'm going to try and use water mobs as my subs this time. Having a multiplier makes a huge difference. I can't wait till Water and Wood come around I definitely have better setups for beating those two then I do Fire.

Any healer (in place of Siren) will do right? I just need Isis friends...

J0dy77

Does anyone have a high level Megalodran or Flame Drall? I could really use it. ID is:
384 134 290

My Megalodron is 34 if that helps. Sent you an invite, message me in game if you want me to put him up.

Decided to do a rare pull hoping for Isis or the blue Ninja. Got Hades. Fuck yeah!

I've stayed away from rolls all weekend, stop tempting me!!!!

ParityBit

Decided to do a rare pull hoping for Isis or the blue Ninja. Got Hades. Fuck yeah!

Ugh. Hate you! And this master level of ancient is taking forever. It's not even remotely fun. I won't be running this again, so I hope it drops when I kill this dragon ..... 3 hours from now.

OTIX

Did the Ancient dragon on master another six times with a blue starter+Hermes team, not entirely safe but quite fast. Got two skillups on Ardbeg, got two Nagas but no skillups. Also got a couple skillups on my red starter from the chimeras, kinda useless though.

I assume it's the blue whiskey dragon next. Gonna put more effort into maxing his skill, seems like that short cd nuke would go very well on a super defensive double Noel team. And the high HP and RCV would be perfect for that team as well. I'm thinking an Ares+Shiva team should be able to handle Legendary.

daw840

Nice. Got my ancient fire dragon! Tell me. Is there any reason for me to NOT feed my MVD to him? Seems as though he's better in every way. And I have a high level flare drall for the fire resistance.

Colby

My Megalodron is 34 if that helps. Sent you an invite, message me in game if you want me to put him up.

I've stayed away from rolls all weekend, stop tempting me!!!!

Thanks. I added you, but I was looking for one at lvl 50+. I needed a few more HP for a Megalodran/Flame Drall dual resist team for Ancient Dragon. I might still try it, but I doubt it.

daw840

Thanks. I added you, but I was looking for one at lvl 50+. I needed a few more HP for a Megalodran/Flame Drall dual resist team for Ancient Dragon. I might still try it, but I doubt it.
I've got a 62 flame drall. Helpful?

Edit. Looks like we're already friends. I put him up.

daw840

Thanks! I'm gonna need him within 30 minutes or so. I hope I'm not interfering with training or anything.
Nah. I'm out if stamina at the moment. Didnt get much done in this game today. Though I did put 400 miles on the motorcycle! Worth it!

ParityBit

Nice. Got my ancient fire dragon! Tell me. Is there any reason for me to NOT feed my MVD to him? Seems as though he's better in every way. And I have a high level flare drall for the fire resistance.

I JUST got mine to drop! Was my last attempt. Took way way way too long. Glad that's done!

Radav

Man... I decided to attempt the Master Ancient dragon with my Mono-Green team today. I had my most disappointing moment in this game. I made it all the way until he was a sliver away from dying, just one more combo and he would have been dead. No heart orbs had shown for 3 straight turns and I was in serious trouble. I tried to put a big combo together but my finger slipped and I messed up and he killed me so for the first time ever I used a stone to continue so I could finish it and get him. So bitter after that.... It still stings 7 hours later. lol Looking forward to the Ancient Water dragon though. I think I can farm this one during the increased drop so I can try to get some skillups for it. I wanna use him as a sub on my mono-blue team. I love the challenge of these tri color ancient dragon levels definitely a lot of fun seeing 20+ combos.

Trying to build a dark team. So far I have received two Mystic dark knight. I'm leveling one but wondering if I should farm the Lil Black dragon. Would one of each be better than two Dark knights?

BlueSteel

Trying to build a dark team. So far I have received two Mystic dark knight. I'm leveling one but wondering if I should farm the Lil Black dragon. Would one of each be better than two Dark knights?

I like two of them maxed because you have two orb changers. Max black dragon is nice as a ripper in certain situations though. When I run dark it's usually something like

Vampire Lord
CDD
CDK
CDK
Rainbow
Loki/Vamp

Works well enough for me.

I like two of them maxed because you have two orb changers. Max black dragon is nice as a ripper in certain situations though. When I run dark it's usually something like

Vampire Lord
CDD
CDK
CDK
Rainbow
Loki/Vamp

Works well enough for me.

Thanks. So even with vampire lord you still have two more orb changers?

I have a Siren would she be a good fit in a Dark team? I've read she's the best healer in the game so I kinda wanted to work her into the team. Figured her turning fire(which I don't use) into hearts could combo well with vamp lord.

So far I have

Maxed Keeper of Rainbow
Level 31 Siren, the Enchanter
Two Mystic Dark Knights(lvl 24 and 8)
Trying to Farm Black Dragon and haven't reached Vampire drops yet.

I'm at Rank 22 so I can't use all of these together yet..

BlueSteel

Thanks. So even with vampire lord you still have two more orb changers?

I have a Siren would she be a good fit in a Dark team? I've read she's the best healer in the game so I kinda wanted to work her into the team. Figured her turning fire(which I don't use) into hearts could combo well with vamp lord.

So far I have

Maxed Keeper of Rainbow
Level 31 Siren, the Enchanter
Two Mystic Dark Knights(lvl 24 and 8)
Trying to Farm Black Dragon and haven't reached Vampire drops yet.

I'm at Rank 22 so I can't use all of these together yet..

I like vamp lord because he's heart to dark, whereas your dark knights are light to dark. So essentially you'd have 3 orb changers. Replacing the keeper of rainbow for siren works in my book as well, for your exact reason.

razterik

News seems a bit confused tonight, heh. "Friday Dungeon" and both Ancient open? Oops.

And I just blew through Ancient Water Dragon on Legend with Artemis/Artemis and a Shiva sub. I didn't even think it was going to work, haha.

Ashodin

I caught master ancient fire dragon before it ended, wanted to try once before it disappeared, I'm on him now, but good god its gonna take forever rrrr

BlueSteel

I wrecked Ancient Water Dragon on legend with:

Shiva/Shiva leaders
Horus
Echidna
Pheonix Knight Homura
Gigas

I only messed up because I was half doing homework and half changing orbs on echidna and forgot to heal up. One stone spent, which I'm not mad about because I would've raged at the 40% drop rate for master or lower.

razterik

Still no luck with +eggs in Hill of Iris or other technicals. Four different dungeons over six runs and no + drops. This is just sad.

J0dy77

Warning to people going to run Ancient Water Dragon. I just wiped on Master round 5 because there is a red and blue chimera that hits for a shit ton of damage and I only had water resist (both were in the same timer). Hate losing 40 stamina.

MicH

So far I've gotten a +egg for every run I've done today. Currently 4 levels away from Hill of Iris's Rainbow.

Absolutely LOVE Emerald dragons today. I've somehow missed these the last MANY times. Might spend a stone of two

raiot

Can anyone recommend me a team for Hills of Iris Rainbow? I'm afraid of going in with Zeus... I have, a Dark Team, very underlevel Red wit Shiva, a fairly good Green Team with Artemis, ADK, A halfway good Blue Team but only the Holyday Dragon as Leader...

razterik

Can anyone recommend me a team for Hills of Iris Rainbow? I'm afraid of going in with Zeus... I have, a Dark Team, very underlevel Red wit Shiva, a fairly good Green Team with Artemis, ADK, A halfway good Blue Team but only the Holyday Dragon as Leader...

Green team should be more than sufficient. You can go ADK if you have high enough total HP (about 10-12k) and some decent dark subs.

OTIX

I wrecked Ancient Water Dragon on legend with:

Shiva/Shiva leaders
Horus
Echidna
Pheonix Knight Homura
Gigas

I only messed up because I was half doing homework and half changing orbs on echidna and forgot to heal up. One stone spent, which I'm not mad about because I would've raged at the 40% drop rate for master or lower.
Yep, a red team is very safe. I used Ares+Shiva and breezed through it. With Echidna charged up you can kill the green demon before he can lock you and there are no other dangers really. Gonna be farming Legendary for skillups.

I farm it with a mostly dark ADK team. You just need a big hit to finish off the boss before she can heal.

Cerity

How were naga drops for ardberg? Trying to figure if I'll have a better chance at getting siren/mermaid with these new dungeons instead of farming sea cave mercury.

Kosh

[US] 4/15/2013
-Ancient Water Dragon opens at midnight PDT!
-Tech Dungeons 1.5x drop
-Emerald Dragons 2x king appearance (20 Stamina, 5 rounds)

SCHEDULE TIME HAS CHANGED!
It seems like the schedule is starting at 6am PDT now. Will have to watch it for a few days to see if its the event that changed it temporarily or if its a permanent change...probably give it to the end of this event since that is what caused a discrepancy to begin with. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

The times are listed in PDT.

A: 9:00 14:00 19:00
B: 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 6:00 11:00 16:00
D: 7:00 12:00 17:00
E: 8:00 13:00 18:00
~The schedule is subject to change.~

Spring Fever Event!!

4/12(Fri) - 4/21(Sun)
a. 1 free Magic Stone per day (final Magic Stone may be distributed early on the 22)
b. x5 drop rate for + Eggs in the Technical Dungeons.
c. x2 King Dragon rates: Metal/Gold/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Dungeons will appear, and even the SUPER King Dragons might show up!
d. x2 drops/x1.5 Coins for special daily Dungeons
e. x2 Skill Up rate
f. Increased Rare EVO Material drop rates at the PAL Egg

OTIX

How were naga drops for ardberg? Trying to figure if I'll have a better chance at getting siren/mermaid with these new dungeons instead of farming sea cave mercury.
Pretty good, I got 3 Nagas from It. You should definitely farm the blue one for Siren, especially when it goes 2x.

mono-green will be fine, that's what i'm running. Usually with Parv/Artemis.

Anyone else get a game update today? Did the game get any major changes or was it just bug fixes?

Bug Fixes only

J0dy77

After getting 100 day bonus on both devices I decided to go after blue pulls.

iPad:

Naga, Basilisk, Sylph ( the third one of this useless character on my ipad), Succubus

iPhone:

Dark Golem, Segfried (accidentally hit start only wanted to do one roll and already have him)

So tempted to burn the rest, want Isis and Neptune so bad.

After getting 100 day bonus on both devices I decided to go after blue pulls.

iPad:

Naga, Basilisk, Sylph ( the third one of this useless character on my ipad), Succubus

iPhone:

Dark Golem, Segfried (accidentally hit start only wanted to do one roll and already have him)

So tempted to burn the rest, want Isis and Neptune so bad.

I wouldn't, you will get trolled.

Speaking of, what do you guys do with the shit you pull you will never use, keep it or fuse it?

Radav

Gungho needs to put out a special T-shirt for this Tech dungeon + egg drop event. I went to Iris Hill and all I got was this lousy chimera. Seriously, no drops after 5 runs. Definitely won't be spending any more stamina here.

Man, screw that AWD. Hits way harder, got double hit with dual resist and still crushed me for like 16000 just on expert. Guess I'm just not ready for it. Plus with red enemies in there. Seems wayyyyyyy tougher. Oh well, not like it would have dropped for me anyways.

J0dy77

I still have not seen one + egg during this entire event. I've always had bad luck with + eggs but this is getting very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom