• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

daw840

But the blue egg dragon is the only leader that offers X2 HP and RCV, so a lot of high HP blue teams rely on having two of them ( think a Goemon buster team).

What is your Siren at and how many RCV + eggs does she have on her?
She's a +11 with 8 of those being RCV eggs. Level 49 overall.

So I'm going with the Echidna + Neptune strategy because that seems to be all I can swing at the moment. No shiva or orochi in my box.

Anyone else have "woody-level" Abyss Neptunes I can add to my list? Woody's the only one I have currently and I just blew that one on a screw up.

Or woody if you see this, can you re-log for me? :(

Thanks.

Edit: Sent you an invite Tonner. <3

Got it. Abyss Neptune is up.

daw840

Also. I just destroyed the expert ancient fire dungeon with my mono red team.

Firedragon Tyrannos (Leader-level 63)
Flare Drall (level 61)
MVD (level 29)
Echidna (level 31)
Phoenix Knight (4* level 68)
Shiva, The Destroyer (Leader-level 62)

Thanks rotty@gaf!!

lordcyno

Got ancient blue on my first master run. Ran Artemis/Freyja with a lvl 10 dark golem that I got from breakers the other week since I don't have a Shiva.

Then I promptly died on expert when I had no green gems and got my team binded by a devil.

Colby

I'm going to leave a lvl 74 Abyss Neptune up when I'm not playing. It plus an Echidna will kill the Legendary Neptune in the allotted nine turns. The trouble will be getting past round 5.

daw840

So confirmed godfest for the us players tomorrow?

I'll have 10 free stones and I'm gonna buy 12 more for 4 rolls. I just kinda feel like contributing to Gungho since I've played this game for so damn long.

daw840

Just cleaned out my friends list. Anyone who hasn't played in 4 or more days is gone. Now I need to fill it back up. Send me an invite!

373 932 297

Edit: I usually leave a high level flare drall up.

Kosh

Someone on the FB group said running Hill of Iris isn't the best for + eggs, since you get a lot of Evo mats from there and they can't carry the + on them when they drop. He said any of the last levels of the five dungeons before Iris would be better. He might be correct.

CH39Xgbl.jpg

WexcA5sl.jpg

Talos runs for today = no + eggs... very dissapointed.

On the other hand, only took three runs of Ancient Water Master for the egg to drop (1 completion no drop, 1 death due to same timers on the Chimeras, and then the drop) That is three less runs than it took for Ancient Fire...

OTIX

Someone on the FB group said running Hill of Iris isn't the best for + eggs, since you get a lot of Evo mats from there and they can't carry the + on them when they drop. He said any of the last levels of the five dungeons before Iris would be better. He might be correct.
I don't think that's the reason. I've been getting tons of chimeras but few + eggs. I think it's far more likely that they just forgot to include Iris in the event, just like they forgot to put 1.5x on Iris the first monday and they forgot 1.5x on the no fire tech dungeon today.

mercviper

Just Backed up my files on my PC. Can breathe a lil easier now. I wonder why accounts arent server side.

Accounts are serverside, from what I understand they use the ID created to keep track of it all. The problem is no way to switch IDs within the game. You'd have to do it by making a backup of your game which stores that login information. Gungho asks that you keep your ID recorded somewhere so they can retrieve your account in case you lose your data.

Pacman2k

Struggling through this god damn dungeon, 2 floors with masks on same timer, and now get to chimeras on the same turn.

I haven't moved yet but I have a feeling I'm not going to survive this.

Aaaand nope, due to an unlucky doublestrike after my initial volley. Welp.

Accounts are serverside, from what I understand they use the ID created to keep track of it all. The problem is no way to switch IDs within the game. You'd have to do it by making a backup of your game which stores that login information. Gungho asks that you keep your ID recorded somewhere so they can retrieve your account in case you lose your data.

ah so it's just the id number that is saved? So I don't need to keep baking up my save file whenever I make new progress?

CH39Xgbl.jpg

WexcA5sl.jpg
Well I'll be ... Never thought of that, but the theory makes sense. Not that I haven't had success farming Hill of Iris before, but after reading this, I just switched to running Talos's Abyss. First run netted me 2 +eggs. Next 4 got nothing. Just finished a 5th run and got another 2 +eggs. Small sample size, but it's already better than the 2 +eggs I got for farming Hill of Iris around 15 times today. Then, again, I also had much better success with +eggs in HoI last Monday. But I'll continue running Talos's Abyss today, and see how I fare with a larger sample size. Thanks for sharing this info!

Edit: Okay. I was planning on doing a +egg tally with a much larger sample, but I think this info needs to be shared with you guys sooner than later. I just got 5 more +eggs in 4 more runs of Darkness, Death, and Despair in Talos's Abyss. Had a drop in every run and 2 in one of them. So, I got a total of 9 +eggs in only 10 runs! Abandon Hill of Iris if you guys are farming for +eggs today.

Radav

Dang man, wish I had known that stuff about the +eggs sooner. I wouldn't have used a ton of stones but I would have used my stamina better. Oh well, there's always next time I guess.

Rakukojin

Neo Member
Hey all, just wanted to let you all know that I'll be doing a special P&D livestream tomorrow with a high possibility of a maximum stone (85) Godfest pull! Below is a link to the P&D FB group post I made earlier, but I'll repost all the info below that as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PADGlobal/457081227704383/?notif_t=group_comment

----------------------------
Hey all! Word on the streets is that there's going to be a Godfest tomorrow. On top of that, Water types chances *cough* Isis *cough*.. Are boosted! I personally don't feel the need to pull tomorrow, but I also know how incredibly thrilling it is to watch someone pull all those rares, and I've had pretty good luck from the past two Godfests already. Therefore, I'm going to set the live stream for tomorrow night at 8pm PST on my Twitch.tv channel. I'll run through some Super Metal Kings, possibly the new Ancient Water Dragon, and if I get enough viewers, I will purchase the full amount of stones (85) to do a LIVE Godfest pull for all of you! I also would like to potentially get more viewers for iTunes (sorry Android users) gift cards so that way you guys can also get in on the action for future live stream events!!!

twitch.tv/jeffkatz_

---------------------------

Feel free to stop on by and stream monster it up if you're interested!

First real US P&D streamer on Twitch. Get hype :D

0 eggs in at least 2 runs of the same level. Sometimes the inconsistencies in this game baffle me.
Yeah. Not like you're gonna get 1 every run or even every 2 runs. But it's still better than the results I've been getting farming Hill of Iris since last Friday. I'm now at 13 +eggs out of 21 Talos's Abyss runs. 11 of those runs yielded 0 +eggs. And I got 2 +eggs 3 times. I also had 2 stretches of 4 runs a piece where I didn't get any +egg drops. So, I'm looking at the overall average, and I'm averaging a little over 1 +egg every 2 runs.

Yeah. Not like you're gonna get 1 every run or even every 2 runs. But it's still better than the results I've been getting farming Hill of Iris since last Friday. I'm now at 13 +eggs out of 21 Talos's Abyss runs. 11 of those runs yielded 0 +eggs. And I got 2 +eggs 3 times. I also had 2 stretches of 4 runs a piece where I didn't get any +egg drops. So, I'm looking at the overall average, and I'm averaging a little over 1 +egg every 2 runs.

jeez...never saw a 2 +egg drop. I don't think I even had any drop today. Overall, things have gone pretty well since the start, up to 15ish i think?

daw840

I fuckin hate it when I go into a dungeon with the wrong damn team because I just absentmindedly hit enter dungeon without thinking. Grrrrrrrr

Colby

I fuckin hate it when I go into a dungeon with the wrong damn team because I just absentmindedly hit enter dungeon without thinking. Grrrrrrrr

I did that last night. I chose an Idunn partner instead of the Hermes I wanted. I still cleared the Ancient Water dungeon on Legendary, but I had to use a stone. I've never been so unhappy in this game.

daw840

Ha. Finally beat Hyperion Lava Flow. How hard is Oceanus Falls? My red team is pretty beastly but I'm hesitant to try it on a water heavy level...

So what is recommended for this super king dungeon? I'm probably going to run it a bunch tomorrow to level my dark team. Should standard mono color teams be ok as long as I bring shiva? I really don't want to be wasting stamina by going in unprepared.

daw840

So what is recommended for this super king dungeon? I'm probably going to run it a bunch tomorrow to level my dark team. Should standard mono color teams be ok as long as I bring shiva? I really don't want to be wasting stamina by going in unprepared.

I would also like to know this information!

Also....if I do get a Super King is it something you keep and run in a team or is it a feeder?

I would also like to know this information!

Also....if I do get a Super King is it something you keep and run in a team or is it a feeder?

http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/超メタドラ_降臨!
Super King
HP 5000
DEF 60000
ATK 10000 / 2cd

Bring in the same type of team you'd take to expert masks/sprites. Unlike masks/sprites though, the super king has 5k HP so you need to make sure you can burn him down without running out of Shiva or flubbing Resolve/Autoheal.

His stats as a team member are 1000/500/100 with a team cost of 1, so similar to Dragon Fruit and Dubmythlit he can fill in a hole on a team. Feeds for 100k to monsters and 150k to dark monsters though.

AcridMeat

Banned
I got a Fairlio out of a rare pull and feeling kind of bummed. Doesn't seem worth leveling up unless I build a team around it. Am I wrong?

Boken

Banned
oh hi acrid.

no, you wont ever build a team around fairlo. its useful sometimes for the defensive ability later on though.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm usually strapped for box slots though, am I better off just feeding it to something else? Make decisions for me for I am incapable.

MicH

God Fest time! Let's do this!

My pulls in the order that I got them:

Drall
Titan
Succubus
Naga
Siren
Naga (+ATK)
Dragon Knight (+ATK)
Earth Golem

8 shitty ass pulls back to back. Sigh. So I decided to pull some more thinking that I MUST get something good:

Venus (now I can have both forms!)
Isis (yesssssssssssssss!!!)
Idunn & Idunna (three in a row?! And not duplicates?! What is this sorcery?)
Siren
Berserk

All in all, 13 pulls, 3 Golden eggs. A lot of skill up material. While I really wanted that damn blue ninja, but oh we'll. I'm happy!

Pacman2k

Did some pulls.

Started off with gold after gold after gold.

Anubis x 3 in a row.
Ra
Horus
Viper orochi level 30. (!!!)

Then went downhill and I eventually stopped

Pierdrawn. A couple knights. Marine rider. Thanatos (ok I guess)

I'm pretty happy. Been dying for a viper for a long time.

Ok back to the matter at hand, anyone have a strong Neptune they can throw up for me?

MicH

Holy shit, I DESTROYED Ancient Water dragon on Master. Chimeras were jerks, the dragon itself was the easiest part. Brought my mono green team with a Shiva in it. Activate Shiva. Activate Artemis. Active Freyja. One combo. Dead. And a drop! So easy.

On expert I didn't even bring Shiva and killed him the same way. So damn easy

razterik

Decided to roll since I have been less interested in using stones for stamina with the frequency of the 2x events lately. Cashing out for a while, I guess.

Drall
Gigas
Naga -Water event says "What?"
Flame Deity Falcon Horus -Most wanted pull right here, outside an Isis.
Cupid
Idunn & Idunna -Other half (halves?) for Hermes, nice.
2x Fenrir Knight Kamui -Fully evolved is nice, but they will be skill up fodder for a lower level knight.
Ra -Not sure I can use this one, but okay.
Viper Orochi lvl 30 -Fantastic!
Undine
Succubus
Verche
Thanatos

Why did I make those last 4 pulls? Felt lucky. Also, I am dumb.

Dispatch

I only had 8 stones saved up, and refused to buy any more after getting an Isis with my free stone and a Dark Golem with the ones I paid for last time. So, with my one pull I got a Viper Orichi (level 30!) with +4 RCV (!).

After hitting the jackpot, I decided to stop. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom