• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

RNG is in rare form today.

1 King in 5 runs. Mornings always seem bad, drop wise, don't they? Ran an Isis dungeon and came away with 4 Chimeras
5 runs, 4 kings, 5 highs. Come at me, bro

:D

I pretty much ALWAYS get 4 kings out of 5 runs. Never seem to get all 5, for some reason. I love 2x King appearance!

Radav

You must have the luckiest PAD account ever. Congrats on that Hades pull yesterday too. Sheesh. Ok so I lied I did 4 more Iris hill runs after my level up and got NOTHING! This can't be what is intended for this event. Definitely only running techs now for pengdras the rest of the week.

I still have not seen one + egg during this entire event. I've always had bad luck with + eggs but this is getting very frustrating.

I had one drop last night and I ran at every dungeon from Castle of Satan in the Abyss all the way to Temple of Trailokya. 5x my ass. But i've been trolled so much on this game I don't really expect anything to drop.

I still have not seen one + egg during this entire event. I've always had bad luck with + eggs but this is getting very frustrating.

Has been pretty consistent for me, every few runs or so. I think i'm sitting on 6-7 so far from this event (+5 total for each, ironically)

I pretty much ALWAYS get 4 kings out of 5 runs. Never seem to get all 5, for some reason. I love 2x King appearance!

tumblr_lzvxxhLz2T1r2jy75.gif

Usually i'm pretty good, this might've been my worst run...was hard burning a stone.

I had one drop last night and I ran at every dungeon from Castle of Satan in the Abyss all the way to Temple of Trailokya. 5x my ass. But i've been trolled so much on this game I don't really expect anything to drop.

what is 5 * .001? Odds are shit to begin with

SaberVulcan

Anyone else get a game update today? Did the game get any major changes or was it just bug fixes?

I got an update... my monster book updated up to 661 from the previous 608. The easiest way to check would be if I could try to busty-evo my Loki, but I lack the Mystic. Alas.

Yesterday I ran Sapphire 6 times, I got 1 King, and 0 highs. I hate you.

ccbfan

I'm not sure what the deal is with this 5x plus egg event.

People can use the rare excuse all they want but with most of us, who already have played this game for 100 days, we know exactly how rare plus eggs are during 1.5% drops days.

We've always gotten an average of one + drop in 3 or 4 runs for 1.5% drop days for any dungeon.

We can excuse the non 1.5 % drop days since those + egg drops have always been rare but today with 1.5 drop day everyone should be getting an average of 1 + egg a run.

Something is messed up.

Radav

Word on the street is godfest + Super King Dungeon tomorrow. I think I'll probably run that dungeon 1 time and then that'll be it for me since it's 50 stamina to run. If I had 100+ stamina I'd probably consider using a stone to run it a couple more times. I think I'm going to use double blue noel with my neptune as a sub to run this. Anyone see any issues with that?

Word on the street is godfest + Super King Dungeon tomorrow. I think I'll probably run that dungeon 1 time and then that'll be it for me since it's 50 stamina to run. If I had 100+ stamina I'd probably consider using a stone to run it a couple more times. I think I'm going to use double blue noel with my neptune as a sub to run this. Anyone see any issues with that?

hits like a tank right? I'll throw up D/D Hades and probably use an Ammy sub. + Shiva and Lilith for the Armor.

I don't think out-HPing is a good idea, but i'm not sure how much it hits for. Neptune should take him down pretty quick though.

daw840

Wow. My blue egg dragon from the event is now worth almost a million exp to other blues?!?!? So hard to decide. I could jack up my siren immensely. Hmmmmmmmmm

Wow. My blue egg dragon from the event is now worth almost a million exp to other blues?!?!? So hard to decide. I could jack up my siren immensely. Hmmmmmmmmm

But the blue egg dragon is the only leader that offers X2 HP and RCV, so a lot of high HP blue teams rely on having two of them ( think a Goemon buster team).

What is your Siren at and how many RCV + eggs does she have on her?

Ancient Water Dragon on Adept and Expert was easy with a Freyja/Artemis team. Master slowed down on the red chimera battle and I got completely locked down by a demon on battle 8 which led to my death. I stoned and killed Siren in two rounds. Got to the dragon, turned the whole board green and got a 6 combo on the gems that dropped after that...and hit for 1 damage per creature... Stuck around until he unleashed maelstrom and killed me.

So, i wonder if sticking a Shiva in there for one of my adk would be enough?

OTIX

Man, screw that AWD. Hits way harder, got double hit with dual resist and still crushed me for like 16000 just on expert. Guess I'm just not ready for it. Plus with red enemies in there. Seems wayyyyyyy tougher. Oh well, not like it would have dropped for me anyways.
He's actually very easy. You're not supposed to survive the hit, on Legendary it's like 500k damage, you're supposed to kill him before he hits you. He has very very little HP but lots of armour so you either bring Shiva or Neptune and kill him instantly.

Kagutsuchi, Horus, Viper Orochi, Isis, Susano, Bastet, Amaterasu, Ra, Yomi, Anubis.

Have Kagusutchi, Orochi, and Anubis. Would like Susano and Amatersasu for sure, maybe Isis and Bastet. Might pull a couple of times just to get another Fairlio and Shardra :).

mercviper

Ancient Water Dragon on Adept and Expert was easy with a Freyja/Artemis team. Master slowed down on the red chimera battle and I got completely locked down by a demon on battle 8 which led to my death. I stoned and killed Siren in two rounds. Got to the dragon, turned the whole board green and got a 6 combo on the gems that dropped after that...and hit for 1 damage per creature... Stuck around until he unleashed maelstrom and killed me.

Shiva should do it, wood mech should as well if you have it?

on master you have to break 403338 defense, and on legend you have to break 600k. both really are not feasible with a standard monocolor team so you need shiva/poison/mech to break through.

He's actually very easy. You're not supposed to survive the hit, on Legendary it's like 500k damage, you're supposed to kill him before he hits you. He has very very little HP but lots of armour so you either bring Shiva or Neptune and kill him instantly.

Hmmmm, I was just getting a ton of 1's on hit markers on him. I was using an all green team with with my blue dragon for resist and Neptune as a friend.

Shiva + Wood Mech is an instant kill for the blue whiskey dragon. I think even a graviton earth dragon may be able to take it with Shiva (but you would sacrifice HP down from the wood mech)

Alternatively a Neptune with 1300+ ATK can poison him to death in the six turns. even less atk if you have an echidna.

Gaspode_T

This game is all about the collecting for me, doing the hard dungeons is just not fun at all most of the time. I just got this Vritra dragon to the final form and looks pretty badass - god and dragons 2x might be useful in some situations??? Most god have better RCV at least...

The Puzdra Challenge game is out, and in the description text it says there will be a free festival / tournament in Tokyo in a couple weeks with lots of goods on sale. Maybe someone already posted this...

I have 20 stones and would love to get an Ammy and/or Isis. Fully expect to get turds though. Best pull I've ever gotten was a Horus back at last godfest. The other two pulls I got was a Titan (fml) and an Echidna (already have a red empress). So yea, 1 out of 3 isn't too bad I guess.

TimeKillr

All I'd want from this godfest would be Orochi and Bastet... I have everything else worthwhile (Ammy, Isis, Horus, Susano).

This is a shitty godfest. I just want a Neptune (or two!) and an Orochi, but I highly doubt that'll happen. :(

suko_32

Got the Ancient Water Dragon on my first Master run, yay.

Went in with Light Neptune, Siren, Echidna, I&I, Siegfried, and Megalodran.

Edit: 2/3 kings on emerald runs.

razterik

Okay, I'm done with +egg hunting. One drop over fourteen runs is ridiculous. I had better odds on non-x1.5% days, let alone this x5% "event".

OTIX

Hmmmm, I was just getting a ton of 1's on hit markers on him. I was using an all green team with with my blue dragon for resist and Neptune as a friend.
You brought a Neptune but didn't poison him? You deal only 1 damage because of his high armour, that's why you bring Neptune to kill him with poison.

Just ran master again with the Shiva sub (so Freyja/ADK/Shiva/Cu/Parv/Artemis) and had no problems. Targeted devils when they came out and was able to clear them before they could lock me. Charged up all the skill on the way, especially during the chimera battle. Used Artemis on Siren, then made the green screen against the dragon after shiving him. Killed it easily, just no drop :(. Enough stamina for another run at least.

Before doing it I did run the emerald dungeon and got 2 kings to drop in 4 runs. Will hit it again when my second time hits. Did spend some pendgras and blue kings I got the other day to improve my teams and this is where I am at now:

Freyja tGoG (69)
ADK (75)
More Cu (55)
ADK (62)
Parv tGG (51)

Lakshmi tFD (50)
Abyss Neptune (54)
Kamui (46)
King Siegfried (41)
CAD (51)

any one want to throw up a megalodoran? I need a blue/red resist for master Ancient (previous run had same timer chimeras, then they locked out both of my leaders)

mercviper

Just ran Legendary with my mono red team. Noel + Shiva friend leader to bring me up to just over 28k HP, would've preferred to have 29.7k though. I ended up burning a stone on the demons because I forgot to heal and got evil slashed 2 turns in a row by the water one. Echidna helps for that stage since it gives you time to burn down the wood demon before he can bind your fire monsters. I got lucky in my run that he didn't bind them the 1 turn he actually got to do something, but if I combo'd better he wouldn't have had a chance.

Bowmore himself was ez pz. Shiva + noel + ardbeg skills and then turning the board red/green for massive damage. As red you only need to do 120k total damage and noel+ardbeg do 50k on their own.

Team:

Noel max
Titan max
Echidna, tRE 39
Homura 54
Ardbeg 44

Friend Shiva lvl 60

2nd master attempt, Bowmore get!

Aside from doing emerald runs in a while with my ADK and maybe some pendgras runs with Freyja, I can leave up whatever helps people most:

Shiva (non-evolved) level 43
Abyss Neptune level 54
Lakshmi tFD level 50
Megalodran level 53
HD Artemis level 26
Freyja tGoG level 69
Parvati tGG level 51
ADK level 75

Just let me know. 394,336,290 if you don't have me added already. Just spent a stone, so I have 6 spaces open.

2nd master attempt, Bowmore get!

Aside from doing emerald runs in a while with my ADK and maybe some pendgras runs with Freyja, I can leave up whatever helps people most:

Shiva (non-evolved) level 43
Abyss Neptune level 54
Lakshmi tFD level 50
Megalodran level 53
HD Artemis level 26
Freyja tGoG level 69
Parvati tGG level 51
ADK level 75

Just let me know. 394,336,290 if you don't have me added already. Just spent a stone, so I have 6 spaces open.

are we friends Tonner? 399 633 290

um, why are we running fire teams into the water dungeon? So things don't get bound?

I got murdered on the first level because I couldn't break the demons defense. and got shit luck with combos....

mercviper

Expert must like me because I just got another Bowmore from it.
um, why are we running fire teams into the water dungeon? So things don't get bound?

I got murdered on the first level because I couldn't break the demons defense. and got shit luck with combos....

I run fire because I have Noel for 2x HP/RCV, that's equivalent to 50% resist to ALL colors. Shiva also provides another 1.5x HP/RCV which increases it to 66% resist to all colors. It's slow going but it's a very safe team and it gives you the defense break that you need vs Bowmore. I wouldn't run fire if I didn't have a Noel/Ares myself to provide that HP.

It also helps the dungeon is tricolor so comboing should be very easy.

Keep in mind that whatever team you make, you need to be able to tank and heal a possible 27k/turn from the devils in round 5, and have a way to break Bowmore's defense at the very end. Another plus to the fire team is that it lets you burn away the wood devil in round 5 so you only have to worry about blue, who won't bind you and at max does 14.8k damage in a turn.

Pacman2k

So I'm going with the Echidna + Neptune strategy because that seems to be all I can swing at the moment. No shiva or orochi in my box.

Anyone else have "woody-level" Abyss Neptunes I can add to my list? Woody's the only one I have currently and I just blew that one on a screw up.

Or woody if you see this, can you re-log for me? :(

Thanks.

Edit: Sent you an invite Tonner. <3

Splat

27k is only if the devils are sync'd up right? I need to post my box and figure out what to focus on leveling so I can clear master later this event :-/

mercviper

27K a turn? I have no chance in heck to handle that kind of damage.

that's only on legendary. It's 26k every 2 turns on master (if they have the same timer, else 13k per turn) and 8k per 3 on expert.

The numbers I'm quoting is also if they use their skills and not a normal attack, but I don't like to take chances when making these kind of calculations.

27k is only if the devils are sync'd up right? I need to post my box and figure out what to focus on leveling so I can clear master later this event :-/

Well I was talking about legendary so they're always synced :p For master/legendary another thing to consider is they come from 2 sources of damage. So a 50% blue resist only reduces the damage from legend/master by 25% if you were planning to go that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom