• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

I only had 8 stones saved up, and refused to buy any more after getting an Isis with my free stone and a Dark Golem with the ones I paid for last time. So, with my one pull I got a Viper Orichi (level 30!) with +4 RCV (!).

After hitting the jackpot, I decided to stop. :)
Amazing luck. Congrats :D

Now that I look at my monsters, I really only wantParvati of the Gods. in total I have everything except Parvati, Ares, Kagutsuchi, Bastet and Ra. Have no desire for the others.

TimeKillr

Ha! It's my day 99 today. :( Could've had 2 free pulls!

So I figured this is my last time I'll give this a shot for these gods - if I don't get an Orochi today I'll just quit trying to get him.

I pull.

Shaitan
Ammy (already have her...)
Vampire Lord (skillup fodder!)
Horus (Already have him)
Persephone (Already have)
Ammy (again!)
Green Odin (my 4th)
Blue Odin
Anubis
Toytops
Ra
Mermaid
MDK
Isis (sigh)
MFK
Kagutsuchi (2nd)
MLK
Lakshmi

Sooooooooooo I figured.. blue event + japanese gods would give me an Orochi. Guess not. :(

Yaari

I decided to do 3 pulls:

Mermaid, Serpent. (Here is when I decided to close, and re-open my app. It probably doesnt help at all, but I've yet to not return to a Gold roll after doing so, so whatever). App re-opened, and I got Ra.

I did not need Ra. I don't even know what to do with him. I am not a good orb matcher in a way that I'll can ever use him, so meh. Apparently his skill is nice for Super King Dragons. So I'll take it.

I was now 6/10 on the Gods and decided I should not push my luck any further. I was likely to get duplicates. Yet 5 min later I found myself doing 3 more pulls again, damn this game.

So next came;

Sylph
Light Golem

And then on my last pull I got an evolved Horus. Pretty awesome. Really the only thing I wanted from this event at all.

I should not forget about the insane amount of rolls I did last time around NOT getting him, but its nice to still get him after all.

TimeKillr

I guess I can't complain too much, I got a *TON* of gold eggs. Just not what I wanted (sigh).

GungHo just doesn't want me to have blue monsters :(

Five pulls,

Minerva
Dryad (no skill up)
Anubis
Ra
Mystic stone knight (no skillup)

So two Egyptian gods, no dupes on the gold eggs. That's pretty decent. No Isis, but decent. Anubis should make tricolor dark very interesting...

Yaari

I guess I can't complain too much, I got a *TON* of gold eggs. Just not what I wanted (sigh).

GungHo just doesn't want me to have blue monsters :(

I don't really believe in the whole Godfest-over-Weekly-event thing. I've yet to see anything that means my color of the week odds are improved during a Godfest. That being said, I still would never pull during anything other than the Godfest.

Edit: Anubis apparently totally rips through the Whisky dungeon. But I still rather go for the safe build and not die to a bad orb board.

The Horus challenge is actually quite fun to get a hang of it. I just completed it which felt good. But I probably would have died by then in the real game :).

TimeKillr

I don't really believe in the whole Godfest-over-Weekly-event thing. I've yet to see anything that means my color of the week odds are improved during a Godfest. That being said, I still would never pull during anything other than the Godfest.

Edit: Anubis apparently totally rips through the Whisky dungeon. But I still rather go for the safe build and not die to a bad orb board.

The Horus challenge is actually quite fun to get a hang of it. I just completed it which felt good. But I probably would have died by then in the real game :).

Yeah I'll have to try Anubis for that dungeon - I can see it completely annihilating it. I get so many 15+ combos in there...

Also when I did get non-godfest pulls, I got more blue monsters than anything... So I think it's true, it's just... shitty lol

ParityBit

Is today the God-fest? Yesterday was the first day I did not play since I started the game (although I did log in).

Was a long day yesterday here in Boston.

Kosh

[US] 4/16/2013
-Tuesday Dungeon (2x drop)
-Super Metal Dragons Descended (2x king appearance, 50 Stamina, 5 rounds)

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A 15:00 PDT
B 17:00 PDT
C 13:00 PDT
D 11:00 PDT
E 9:00 PDT
~The schedule is subject to change~

Japanese and Egyptian Godfest 4/16/2013!!
Kagutuchi, Horus, Viper Orochi, Isis, Susano, Bastet, Amaterasu, Ra, Yomi, Anubis.
(The message also says Odin 5☆ but not which color...will assume both.)

Spring Fever Event 4/12 - 4/21

a. 1 free Magic Stone per day (final Magic Stone may be distributed early on the 22)
b. x5 drop rate for +eggs in the Technical Dungeons.
c. x2 King Dragon rates: Metal/Gold/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Dungeons will appear, and even the SUPER King Dragons might show up!
d. x2 drops/x1.5 Coins for special daily Dungeons
e. x2 Skill Up rate
f. Increased Rare EVO Material drop rates at the PAL Egg

J0dy77

I really need more discipline with my crystals. I spend way too many on continuing dungeons out of laziness. I'm hating myself after today.

Never, EVER do this. Unless you've gotten an extremely rare dungeon egg like Naga, Vampire or something else you need.

One pull, got Isis. :)

I'm going to sit on the rest of my pulls.

So much envy for you recent luck. Congrats!! (While I secretly curse you)

Did my final two pulls, got another Megalodran and Blue mech. If I get one more f'ing mech out of this machine. So frustrating. 8 pulls in the last few days and not one usable monster.

Boken

Banned
7 pulls
Black mystic knight
Blue mystic knight
Red mystic knight
Mermaidx2
Succubus
Basilisk

The pain. You have been warned

ParityBit

Man, I am so sorry. I hope you and your family are alright. Stay safe out there

Thank you, we are. :) Was scary trying to get in touch with all my friends I knew were in the area.

Well, I think I will hold onto my rare pulls. Sounds like it is not going well for my peeps here!

Is today the God-fest? Yesterday was the first day I did not play since I started the game (although I did log in).

Was a long day yesterday here in Boston.

Sorry man, hope you weren't affected

[US] 4/16/2013
-Tuesday Dungeon (2x drop)
-Super Metal Dragons Descended (2x king appearance, 50 Stamina, 5 rounds)

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A 15:00 PDT
B 17:00 PDT
C 13:00 PDT
D 11:00 PDT
E 9:00 PDT

You kidding me?? The one hour during the day i'm busy. This sucks.

Pulled once so far....Yomi. This does not interest me

Fishious

Susano (Own)
Succubus (Own)
Yomi
Cupid (Own)
Horus

Not great, but certainly could have been a lot worse and all pulls were free stones. Also, is Yomi actually useful for anything?

Radav

All you people pulling Isis, Horus and Anubis are giving me an itchy trigger finger. But I'm going to stay strong. I figure by the next time the Egyptian gods appear in a godfest again Ill have a large stockpile of stones saved up. Congrats to all the lucky rollers!
*Edit* Forgot about my Ra being useful for the super king dungeon. Going to add him to my team thanks for reminding me about that.

TimeKillr

All you people pulling Isis, Horus and Anubis are giving me an itchy trigger finger. But I'm going to stay strong. I figure by the next time the Egyptian gods appear in a godfest again Ill have a large stockpile of stones saved up. Congrats to all the lucky rollers!
*Edit* Forgot about my Ra being useful for the super king dungeon. Going to add him to my team thanks for reminding me about that.

I've had great luck today (despite not getting my damn Orochi!). I've been lucky - I have every single egyptian god.

How is Ra useful for Super King? Besides being able to break into the defenses (possibly), I'm not 100% sure because it's stupidly difficult to activate.

Radav

I've had great luck today (despite not getting my damn Orochi!). I've been lucky - I have every single egyptian god.

How is Ra useful for Super King? Besides being able to break into the defenses (possibly), I'm not 100% sure because it's stupidly difficult to activate.

Ra's active skill is a 5000 dmg attack on a 9 turn CD that goes through all defense. So you can just warm his skillup and one shot the Super King with it.

raiot

Did one pull... got a Basilisk and then decided my stones are better spend tonight and tomorrow on Super and Gold Dragons...
Although I dont have any Egyptian God and still need a Neptune but I'm a little burned from last Godfest where I got 6 Titans... and no Skillups! :(

J0dy77

Thanks. I've really had great luck during the Godfests. Not a lot of pulls, but still getting a God the majority of the time.

I've thought about it a lot and I really only want a few mobs out of the Rare machine. Neptune is the top and way above everything else, just for the ability to use his poison and stats on a team. Isis would be nice to have for tri color and just the overall fun of the combo teams. I'd like Odin or Ammy so I can field one of those types of teams, other then that I'm good.

Just sucks constantly pulling Golems.

Cerity

Dropped a tenner, had 3 pulls and a few extra for box spaces

Mermaid - i'm alright with this
Flame golem - ....
Undine - ....

Where the gods at ;_;

MicH

I've thought about it a lot and I really only want a few mobs out of the Rare machine. Neptune is the top and way above everything else, just for the ability to use his poison and stats on a team. Isis would be nice to have for tri color and just the overall fun of the combo teams. I'd like Odin or Ammy so I can field one of those types of teams, other then that I'm good.

Just sucks constantly pulling Golems.
So many of these, yet not a single fully evolved one (well, I did get the fully evolved light one waaaay back, but still). I'm never gonna get around to evolve the Golems or Guardians :(

Also, as I said, I pulled I&I, Venus and Isis. Only ONE of these had the 3x hit rate. That's pretty crazy.

you guys want me to put up Shiva or D/D Hades today for the Super King? Not sure i'll get a chance to run it multiple times, hope I can help out you guys instead!

SaberVulcan

you guys want me to put up Shiva or D/D Hades today for the Super King? Not sure i'll get a chance to run it multiple times, hope I can help out you guys instead!

Probably Hades :). I was thinking that a Shiva strat wouldnt be super reliable if you get a super king early, and the safest route is going resist/heal or odin/heal.

Edit: Parity, you will need ways to clear the dragons reliably. Most of the strats I am reading involve Resist/Odin + Healer, Poison, Armor-Breaker, then the last 2 can be whatever, but Rippers or other nukers would be good. As always, just need to charge on round 1.

I think I plan to run Siren, Succubus, Dark Golem, Water Golem, Something, Neptune Helper. In theory that should clear all 5 waves (2 rounds of poison, 3 rounds of armor break). Probably a nuker in the last spot (silly me doesnt have a single fully evolved Ripper, so maybe Blue or Green Odin).

MicH

For Super Kings I'm using:

Abyss Neptune (L), Light Mechdragon, LHD, Machine Golem Mk3, Heaven Neptune and Ama Ohkami (FL)

Might switch in Shiva instead of LHD. She worked so well forBowmore

Probably Hades :). I was thinking that a Shiva strat wouldnt be super reliable if you get a super king early, and the safest route is going resist/heal or odin/heal.

alright. i'll try and leave him up all day.

Yaari's method is working out so far today. 2 pulls, 2 gods.

Yomi
Sun Diety Ra

Will be doing at least 1 more pull today. Can't stop on a gold!

TimeKillr

Ra's active skill is a 5000 dmg attack on a 9 turn CD that goes through all defense. So you can just warm his skillup and one shot the Super King with it.

Aaah it goes through defense? That's something I didn't know.

It's verrry interesting then :) I might use him instead of my Shivas or something.

I have 20 stones. I had 15 pal eggs and used all them just to see how it looked. Got a dragon fruit and a dub mythlit, rest junk. Think I'm just gonna pull once. Guaranteed I a titan or mermaid since one dropped for me yesterday. Lets see.

And..................I got Ra. So I'm not gonna complain even though I doubt I'll ever use him other than just being a regular team member. Already have a Horus and barely can get his leader skill to activate. But hey, its not a titan or mermaid.

J0dy77

So many of these, yet not a single fully evolved one (well, I did get the fully evolved light one waaaay back, but still). I'm never gonna get around to evolve the Golems or Guardians :(

Also, as I said, I pulled I&I, Venus and Isis. Only ONE of these had the 3x hit rate. That's pretty crazy.

Stop rubbing it in!!! :D

I have 20 stones. I had 15 pal eggs and used all them just to see how it looked. Got a dragon fruit and a dub mythlit, rest junk. Think I'm just gonna pull once. Guaranteed I a titan or mermaid since one dropped for me yesterday. Lets see.

And..................I got Ra. So I'm not gonna complain even though I doubt I'll ever use him other than just being a regular team member. Already have a Horus and barely can get his leader skill to activate. But hey, its not a titan or mermaid.

I was having the same problems with Horus when I first got him. It just takes practice and really adds a lot more depth to the game, stick with it. I don't think there is a dungeon in the game I couldn't beat with a Horus team. I just need to add some levels into the rest of my team members and i'll be set. For clearing normal dungeons I highly suggest using Isis as your friend leader, 12x combos are more than enough to clear most normal bosses.

Who are you using as team members? Here are my suggestions for best team members.

Max skilled Vampire
Max skilled Titan
Highlander
Valkyrie
Enchinada
Viper Orochi
Berserker
Susano

You basically want as many fast charge heart orb changers as possible to keep the board clear. Healers are also very nice for normal dungeons. I've been running valk, enchidna and ceres on teams to stack RCV which lets me heal up with only a few hearts and buy some rounds.

I only have 12 stones and I really don't want to spend money. But I'm itching for Horus, Isis, or even Susano. I hope I can stay strong. I was gonna use a few to run super kings several times.

Owzers

.........pulls:

Drawn Joker - meh...
Drawn Joker +1 - two drawn jokers in a row
Red Stone Guardian - eh
Fialo light dragon thing - eh
Viper Orochi - now we have gotten somewhere.

was my last stone too, so at least i got one god.

SaberVulcan

Good luck to all you people pulling today, think I am gonna pass on this one. Only really want Horus and Viper... have/dont want the rest. Think I will sit on stones until the Angel/Demon fest.

Against my better judgement I rolled again, I got another Siegfried, the Blue champion. 2 gold eggs out of 2 pulls isn't too bad even if one is a dupe and the other isn't very useful to me.

Here is my bullshit method that I tried to get better pulls. I figured hey, before I pull I'm gonna play one dungeon (AWD Expert), then pull. Got a gold so I figured I'd close out of the game, run the same dungeon, then pull again. Got another gold egg. So far so good. Question is, should I try it one more time?????????????? I'm gonna get burned if I do. I just know it.

J0dy77

I knew i was in for some bad luck with the Dragon dungeons sooner or later. For all of the sky, legend dragons thus far I got them on the first run of Master every time. I'm up to 3 runs on Master Water Ancient thus far... hope this doesn't get ugly.

mercviper

I'm usually strapped for box slots though, am I better off just feeding it to something else? Make decisions for me for I am incapable.

It's not something to build a team around, but it's full evolution gives you a dual 50% resist leader skill which can be useful in niche cases. Also, it's pretty much always a good idea to spend stones on boxes imo. I was <100 boxes for the longest time and now I have 260 and don't regret it at all. All with free stones too.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Three pulls today in hopes of ANYTHING decent...Mermaid (already have 2), Dark Knight (already have), and the Nosepass looking dragon (Shardon or something). Lame.

E: They were my 100 day pulls + the Spring bonus stones. Thankfully I didn't buy stones, ha.

MicH

I knew i was in for some bad luck with the Dragon dungeons sooner or later. For all of the sky, legend dragons thus far I got them on the first run of Master every time. I'm up to 3 runs on Master Water Ancient thus far... hope this doesn't get ugly.
That was me laskt week. God damn Legendary Fire Dragon took me 4 tries to get. I feel ya, man :( Stupid dragons

Against my better judgement I rolled again, I got another Siegfried, the Blue champion. 2 gold eggs out of 2 pulls isn't too bad even if one is a dupe and the other isn't very useful to me.

Here is my bullshit method that I tried to get better pulls. I figured hey, before I pull I'm gonna play one dungeon (AWD Expert), then pull. Got a gold so I figured I'd close out of the game, run the same dungeon, then pull again. Got another gold egg. So far so good. Question is, should I try it one more time?????????????? I'm gonna get burned if I do. I just know it.

Rule of Yaari : Never stop on a gold egg. Ride that shit out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom