• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

daw840

So....pulled 4 times.

Lakshmi
Susano
Shaitan
Wood Knight (no skill up)

I don't really know anything about these characters and I don't have any of hose three. Are they any good? Should I spend time pumping experience into them?

ToxicAdam

Lakshmi's a good water leader when teamed with another hp/rcv/attack multiplier.

Susano's a good team member in a wood team. (Usefull skill of half damage for 5 turns, can bail you out of situations).

Shaitan is an elemental. He is kind of garbage like Sylph and Undine.

suko_32

My Pulls:

-Dragon Rider (Got trolled hard)
-Yomi (Dupe)
-Hermes
-Horus

Didn't get what I really wanted, but this is better than what I realistically expected.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
So is this the only god-fest we're expecting this week? I only have 17 or so stones right now on the account I care about (one tablet has Lakshmi, the game on my other tablet has nothing decent) so I'm going to have to make these count.

SaberVulcan

Speaking of riders, they are getting some tweaks in 5.1 iirc(sub-types, bonus HP)... anyone know if they are adding a more easily obtained mob with the Rider actives? Its pretty much their main purpose, hell I use Marine Rider in my blue team sometimes because I dont have a Siegefried. Just wish I could level his skill up.

Edit: Apparently these things do: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=471

Guessing those are from very late Tech dungeons?

Against my better judgement I rolled again, I got another Siegfried, the Blue champion. 2 gold eggs out of 2 pulls isn't too bad even if one is a dupe and the other isn't very useful to me.

Here is my bullshit method that I tried to get better pulls. I figured hey, before I pull I'm gonna play one dungeon (AWD Expert), then pull. Got a gold so I figured I'd close out of the game, run the same dungeon, then pull again. Got another gold egg. So far so good. Question is, should I try it one more time?????????????? I'm gonna get burned if I do. I just know it.

Lol, so I tried it once more and got a Mermaid lol. I KNEW IT! Then I just said fuck it and pulled one last time and got a Water Mech Warrior Midgard. So 3/4 gold eggs, I'll take it. And since I have Siegfried, I'll take another physical ally any day and avoid all the leveling up of the golem/guardians. And my blue team was one of the weakest so.....all in all one of my better pull sessions.

Jagernaut

Decided to do 3 pulls

Undine with + hp - fused to my ADK
Ice golem - dupe, no skillup
Earth golem - will keep

Disappointed, so I tried 1 more and got Bastet.

OTIX

I'm currently at 95 max stamina which kinda sucks since the super metal dungeon costs 50. If I could get it up to 98-99 then I could run the dungeon several more times within the one hour. That's an awful lot of ranks to gain in one day though. In theory I should be able to rank up from four legendary blue dragon runs with one stone spent per rank, but I don't actually have that many Shiva friends.

Speaking of riders, they are getting some tweaks in 5.1 iirc(sub-types, bonus HP)... anyone know if they are adding a more easily obtained mob with the Rider actives? Its pretty much their main purpose, hell I use Marine Rider in my blue team sometimes because I dont have a Siegefried. Just wish I could level his skill up.

Edit: Apparently these things do: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=471

Guessing those are from very late Tech dungeons?
Green Crystal is from the Final Fantasy collab dungeon, which we have a very very small chance of getting someday. Generally speaking most collab dungeons provide fodder that skills up REM exclusive monsters, which is why it sucks that we haven't gotten any.

I'm currently at 95 max stamina which kinda sucks since the super metal dungeon costs 50. If I could get it up to 98-99 then I could run the dungeon several more times within the one hour. That's an awful lot of ranks to gain in one day though. In theory I should be able to rank up from four legendary blue dragon runs with one stone spent per rank, but I don't actually have that many Shiva friends.
Yeah I'm at 86. I need to decide on the best use of leftover 36 stamina. I was thinking getting in some rainbow keeper runs, but those take a little too long I think. I could just try running Oceanus Falls or something but that will take time too. I'd like to fit in as many super kings as I can.

SaberVulcan

Green Crystal is from the Final Fantasy collab dungeon, which we have a very very small chance of getting someday. Generally speaking most collab dungeons provide fodder that skills up REM exclusive monsters, which is why it sucks that we haven't gotten any.

Well then. That's unfortunate.

Yeah I'm at 86. I need to decide on the best use of leftover 36 stamina. I was thinking getting in some rainbow keeper runs, but those take a little too long I think. I could just try running Oceanus Falls or something but that will take time too. I'd like to fit in as many super kings as I can.

You could run a Keeper of RGB... they are pretty fast (~5 min) and cost 25 stamina. Just run it with the opposing color. Other then that, maybe Expert of the Ancient Water if you have a reliable team.

I have like 68 stamina so Im kind of screwed myself. Will probably just run a regular dungeon I havent cleared yet, since I have been kind of ignoring them since the special events.

So do you guys think I could do AWD on master with this team and a Megalodran?
image.jpg

MicH

Yeah, I'm at 88. Sucks. I think I can complete Rainbow Keeper pretty damn quick and get 2-3 runs in. Wish I had 100 stamina :p

OTIX

Decided to do a few pulls since I want several of those gods.

Earth Golem
Odin - Fuck yes!
Cupid
Lilith
Dryad
Mermaid
MLK

I knew I should have stopped after Odin but I really really wanted an Orochi for my Horus and Zeus teams. You can't pull for one specific god though. Isis would be great but Horus is better imo. Bastet would be neat but I have a strong ADK team. Since I have Odin now I don't really need Ammy anymore. Ra is apparently great for the Satan dungeon in 5.1 but Zeus also works. And I already have Yomi and Anubis so there's no real excuse to pull anymore.

At least that's what I try to tell myself so I won't keep pulling for Orochi...

I did 2 pulls. First pull was Dryad. Sad face. Second pull was a gold egg so I was hopeful. It turned out to be a Kagasutchi, which I already have. I am tempted to spend more but I really shouldn't. A month ago I would have spent at least $50-60 so I guess this is progress :).

ok 4 pulls so far.

Yomi (ok...)
Sun Diety Ra (ok...)
lv 30 Shardran (skill up)
Hermes (first water 'leader' I've gotten)

hard to stop on a gold egg....3 gold 1 silver. Pretty good, but not much of these do much for me.

MicH

ok 4 pulls so far.

Yomi (ok...)
Sun Diety Ra (ok...)
lv 30 Shardran (skill up)
Hermes (first water 'leader' I've gotten)

hard to stop on a gold egg....3 gold 1 silver. Pretty good, but not much of these do much for me.
That's amazing. Congrats!

I'm actually contemplating switching Lakshmi for my new Idunn & Idunna. I don't like Lakshmi. Would rather have 4/2/2 and Lakshmis active skill sucks. I do also have Hermes, but I&I is lvl 30 versus Hermes lvl 6 and I have more Hermes friends.

Will need to find many more Hermes friends though (and less Lakshmi)

SUPER METAL DRAGONS DESCENDED GO!!!!

Ammy leader
Shiva
Light Mech
6* light starter
Ra (new)
and either Neptune abyss or double dark Hades (depends on what is out there)

Just got to wait on those skills...

EDIT: got it first try... to stone or not to stone...

suko_32

That's amazing. Congrats!

I'm actually contemplating switching Lakshmi for my new Idunn & Idunna. I don't like Lakshmi. Would rather have 4/2/2 and Lakshmis active skill sucks. I do also have Hermes, but I&I is lvl 30 versus Hermes lvl 6 and I have more Hermes friends.

Will need to find many more Hermes friends though (and less Lakshmi)

I can help you with Hermes, but it'll take me a bit to get my lv. 30 Hermes evolved. In the meanwhile I could put up my evolved lv. 46 I&I or blue noel for you if you ever need it.

TimeKillr

I knew i was in for some bad luck with the Dragon dungeons sooner or later. For all of the sky, legend dragons thus far I got them on the first run of Master every time. I'm up to 3 runs on Master Water Ancient thus far... hope this doesn't get ugly.

Heh.

I did Ancient Fire master 12 times. And it never dropped, until I hit the 2x drop rate last sunday night and finally got him.

Every other dragon I've ran on master I got the drop the very first time....

MicH

SUPER METAL DRAGONS DESCENDED GO!!!!

Ammy leader
Shiva
Light Mech
6* light starter
Ra (new)
and either Neptune abyss or double dark Hades (depends on what is out there)

Just got to wait on those skills...

EDIT: got it first try... to stone or not to stone...
May I recommend Abyss Neptune? That way y ou get 50% dark resist as well.

I can help you with Hermes, but it'll take me a bit to get my lv. 30 Hermes evolved. In the meanwhile I could put up my evolved lv. 46 I&I or blue noel for you if you ever need it.
That sounds great! I have to level up my I&I as well, just got her today. Meanwhile I will use Lakshmi/Freyja/Freyr. Do I have you already?

May I recommend Abyss Neptune? That way y ou get 50% dark resist as well.

That sounds great! I have to level up my I&I as well, just got her today. Meanwhile I will use Lakshmi/Freyja/Freyr. Do I have you already?

Neptune abyss, abyss Neptune... Same thing...

double dark Hades worked pretty well, but truthfully I was very prepared and it not popping up on anything but the final round made it easy.

now if Super had dropped first round it would have been very interesting...

EDIT: now where to spend the EXP? my Hades would be an obvious choice, but I lack the mythlits to evolve him, Anubis I drew this morning (lvl 5), but I also have my lvl 26 Hera, and Lvl 30 Persephone... Any thoughts?

Just ran the Super King dungeon with my mono-green team, subbing Shiva in for my second ADK. It was a little hairy at times, but it worked.

Wave 1 was simple, just a bunch of highs.
Wave 2 was a super by itself. It had me worried as Shiva was obviously not charged, but it only does 10k damage every 2 turns so I was able to heal while I waited.
Wave 3-5, because of Shiva, were cake.

End result: 2 highs, 1 king, 2 super kings

Just ran the Super King dungeon with my mono-green team, subbing Shiva in for my second ADK. It was a little hairy at times, but it worked.

Wave 1 was simple, just a bunch of highs.
Wave 2 was a super by itself. It had me worried as Shiva was obviously not charged, but it only does 10k damage every 2 turns so I was able to heal while I waited.
Wave 3-5, because of Shiva, were cake.

End result: 2 highs, 1 king, 2 super kings

damn, nice haul.

I"ll probably just get one run in when my time comes up. Trying to stay around 50 stamina the entire day.

sammich

Downloaded the apk a few days ago.. played it. Liked it. Now i want to play it and it requires and update which i cannot do since im out of region. UGH.

Just finished run 2. Thought about going with a Neptune team but decided not to - I could get over 10k on the hp but I didn't know if the rcv was high enough for me to recover using Amaterasu. I stuck with my green/shiva team but changed my strategy slightly. I did off-color matches on the first wave (highs again) until I had Shiva charged. One hit win each wave from there.

Run 2 result: 3 highs, 1 king, 1 super king
Cumulative: 5 high, 2 king, 3 super king

How much exp do you get from the Super King dungeon? I wanna try and set it up so I'll level and I can run it twice.

Depending on the exact set up you encounter, it should be aroun 1700-1800 experience.

lenni

I hope I can get a level up on my run. I'll have exactly 50 stamina when my dungeon comes up and I need 1746 experience to level up. Hope it goes better than my pulls :/

I hope I can get a level up on my run. I'll have exactly 50 stamina when my dungeon comes up and I need 1746 experience to level up. Hope it goes better than my pulls :/

I am trying to remember my exact encounter, which gave me 1702 experience.

Wave 1 - 3 highs
Wave 2 - 1 super
Wave 3 - 1 high 1 king (?)
Wave 4 - 4 highs
Wave 5 - 1 king 1 super (think this is same every time)

I wish I could remember if the first run was any different, but unfortunately I cannot. Can you spare 3 stamina and run a beginning dungeon?

J0dy77

So do you guys think I could do AWD on master with this team and a Megalodran?
image.jpg

I don't think it's going to happen with that lineup. The biggest problems for Master is round 5. The two Chimera's (red and blue) hit really hard and not sure if you have enough HP. Plus, the boss in round 10 has extremely high defense/lowhp, you need poison. The guaranteed way to get through is 10k health, megalodron and Neptune leaders.

J0dy77

Has anyone run Super King dungeon yet, trying to figure out my lineup and want experience from others. Have 3 stones left and will blow all of them to evolve my vamp and heras.

mercviper

Wondering if I should feed my Earth Dragon to my ADK for the +1 hp stat.

I'm probably able to do legend whiskey grass when that comes out since I have a mono-fire team, and I have a flare drall for grass resists if I ever need it. Can anyone think of a reason why I shouldn't?

It's not even GED yet and like 600k xp away from becoming one.

Has anyone run Super King dungeon yet, trying to figure out my lineup and want experience from others. Have 3 stones left and will blow all of them to evolve my vamp and heras.

I ran it with:

Freyja tGoG
ADK
More Cu
Parvati tGG
Shiva
HD Artemis (friend)

I would imagine you can do it pretty easily with any Shiva team. The trick is to charge Shiva's skill in the 1st round and then you should be able to wipe everything you encounter. I would say to help make that happen you want to go as mono-color as possible, two color at most.

Another option is Neptune/poison (Neptune probably being better than Lilith because as leader you also get the dark protection). Super Kings hit for 10k damage every two rounds (unadjusted, so again if you have a Neptune it will be less), the rest is pretty simple.

parasight

Shoulda saved my stones for Stamina. Did 1 pull and got Succubus. At least I skilled up my Lilith. But my last 5 pulls have been 3 stars, ugh.

Jagernaut

Only had enough time and stamina to run super king once. I used siren, 2 Chaos dragon knights, 2 rainbow keepers and a friend's abyss neptune. I never needed the RK skills and Neptune almost killed the supers in 1 turn with poison. Finished with 1 super, 2 kings and 2 high metal dragons.

I wish I had a Neptune or there was an ultimate evolution to upgrade my Lilith's poison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom