• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSteel

Only had enough time and stamina to run super king once. I used siren, 2 Chaos dragon knights, 2 rainbow keepers and a friend's abyss neptune. I never needed the RK skills and Neptune almost killed the supers in 1 turn with poison. Finished with 1 super, 2 kings and 2 high metal dragons.

I wish I had a Neptune or there was an ultimate evolution to upgrade my Lilith's poison.

Yea I really wish I had a neptune as well, but I ain't about to roll for a looong time. Gonna get ready for my ownruns in a few hours.

God the game trolled so hard.
I had been waiting for godfest in hopes of a Lakshmi, wasn't on the list but water pulls are higher anyway so I went with my 4 pulls.
2x Mystic Stone knights, no skill ups
1x Machine Golem
1x Toytops.
Fuck you game. Fuck you.

Radav

I'm only planning on running the Super King dungeon once and wanna make sure I'll get it in one shot. I'm curious just how safe the Mono-Green team with a shiva sub will be? I don't have a parvati so I would have no way to create heal orbs so I'm wondering what you guys think would be the better choice.

I could go

Odin + Ammy leaders
Subs
Heaven Neptune
Lilith witch of the Night
Dark Golem
Ra

or go Mono Green with

Artemis + Frejya leaders
Subs
ADK
Odin
Dark Ceres
Shiva

I'm only planning on running the Super King dungeon once and wanna make sure I'll get it in one shot. I'm curious just how safe the Mono-Green team with a shiva sub will be? I don't have a parvati so I would have no way to create heal orbs so I'm wondering what you guys think would be the better choice.

I could go

Odin + Ammy leaders
Subs
Heaven Neptune
Dark Golem
Ra

or go Mono Green with

Artemis + Frejya leaders
Subs
ADK
Odin
Dark Ceres
Shiva

First one is safer - if a Super King appears in round 1 there is a small possibility you could run out of healing with the second team and die. I don't think it'll happen with the HP pool that the Norse+Greek combo gives, personally... but you won't die with the first team.

I could go

Odin + Ammy leaders
Subs
Heaven Neptune
Dark Golem
Ra

or go Mono Green with

Artemis + Frejya leaders
Subs
ADK
Odin
Dark Ceres
Shiva

I think your mono-green team is going to be fine. As I have said, charge Shiva on the first fight and you should be good to go.

EDIT: Cosmo is right, a first turn super would be a little challenge, but I'm not sure how frequently one shows up there.

I think your mono-green team is going to be fine. As I have said, charge Shiva on the first fight and you should be good to go.

EDIT: Cosmo is right, a first turn super would be a little challenge, but I'm not sure how frequently one shows up there.

Good point about a first-floor Super. I think I'll go with Shiva / Ares just in case.

Splat

Don't know if this was mentioned, but it seems post-patch that on android you can quit by just hitting back multiple times instead of having to go through "return to main menu".

Hooray!

Is a resolve team possible for the super king?

not really because on round 5 you have a super king and regular king show up and the non super king has a 1 turn timer, which will kill a resolve team.

now you could use your own resolve leader, with high HP subs, and a shiva or neptune assist leader. Charge skills and the resolve is just a backup in case it does kill you.

the key thing is the poison or Shiva as the sub leader though...

ccbfan

I'm preppy myself for Super Kings.

I'll have 70 stamina and need only need 4K exp to level.

I'm thinking of a party of.

Siren + Lillth + 3x succubus + Helper Orochi.

if I can't find an Orochi then

Titan + Lillth + 3x succubus + Helper Amu/Siren.

Since Super King has a two counter attack. I'm not too worried about healing enough for sturdy.

All I need to do is charge up the poisoners before I reach my first Super King + another enemy. The Lillith is for Super Kings since it has a lot more HP than other enemies.

Does 2 Super Kings ever show up. Thats the only thing possible that can kill me.

I just ran super kings 5 times.

6 Super Kings
4 Kings
15 Highs

I ran it with Abyss Neptune and Ammy or Siren leaders, and I had Shiva as a sub. As long as you charge Shiva in the first round there is no danger. I didn't run into any super kings in Round 1, only rounds 2 and 5 so i don't think there is anything to worry about there.

Now i just need to decide where to spend all my new exp. My options:

Duke Vamp Lord (lvl 24)
Awoken Hera (lvl 1)
Unevolved Hera (lvl 6)
Annihilate Mechdragon Hadar (lvl 30)

I could also evolve a Dark Golem and level him, but i still haven't decided if I'm going to be using him on my dark team. This is going to be a tough decision.

TimeKillr

Group C is coming up in 5 minutes or so! I won't be able to run as much as I'd like but hey, at least I'll be able to run it a bit.

I have 2 teams ready for this - one mono green and one Ammy + Resist team.

Let's GO! :)

MicH

Group C is coming up in 5 minutes or so! I won't be able to run as much as I'd like but hey, at least I'll be able to run it a bit.

I have 2 teams ready for this - one mono green and one Ammy + Resist team.

Let's GO! :)
Yessss! Group C FTW!

Can't wait to get some dragons

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Reposting for new page -

So is this the only god-fest we're expecting this week? I only have 17 or so stones right now on the account I care about (one tablet has Lakshmi, the game on my other tablet has nothing decent) so I'm going to have to make these count.

razterik

Reposting for new page -

So is this the only god-fest we're expecting this week? I only have 17 or so stones right now on the account I care about (one tablet has Lakshmi, the game on my other tablet has nothing decent) so I'm going to have to make these count.

They only come once every few weeks, so roll now if you want to try for the gods listed.

mercviper

Burned a stone so I could make 3 total runs at super kings, but all my shiva friends seem to have other leaders as I'm lacking one for my 3rd run :<. Any Shivas want an amu friend?

Edit: One of my shivas logged in whoop!

3 runs, 4 supers, 2 kings, 9 highs

Kosh

Since I didn't have to roll too many times to get Isis, I spent some stones on Super King and ran it 8 times.

6 x Supers
13 x Kings
21 x Highs

I ran:

DD Hades (L)
Abyss Neptune
CDK
Duke Vamp
Lillith
Ama (FL)

Was a cake walk.

Uthred

Thank fuck for DST, totally forgot about the superdragon dungeon

Edit: 4 highs, 1 king - goes great with my 4 3* no skill up pulls and the 0 +1 drops I got monday, this has not been a good week for P&D

MicH

Spent a few stones as well. Got 6 Super King Metals all in all. Didn't keep track of Kings and Highs.

I got my Vampire Lord from lvl 50 to 70, then evolved him, and he's now at lvl 40.

Got Hades from lvl 11 to 40 (unevolved).

I somehow though Super Kings gave more experience than 150k :( Was a bit disappointed.

BlueSteel

Spent a few stones as well. Got 6 Super King Metals all in all. Didn't keep track of Kings and Highs.

I got my Vampire Lord from lvl 50 to 70, then evolved him, and he's now at lvl 40.

Got Hades from lvl 11 to 40 (unevolved).

I somehow though Super Kings gave more experience than 150k :( Was a bit disappointed.

Lucky! I got 3 supers, 6 kings, and 21 Metals.

Made 2 runs at the Super King. First run didn't net me any Super Kings. I wish I had 100 stamina, so I could make 2 runs per bar. So instead, I ran Master Whiskey Water (no drop) to empty out my stamina, then I refilled with a stone. Next run at Super Metal King was rough, with a Super King on the first floor. I let out a sigh, and went to work.

I was running a Shiva / Ares team, so RCV was on the crappy side. My HP pool, however, was over 40K. I did my best to stall for time. With some high-chain combos, and lucky drops, I was able to make the most of the heart orbs to replenish as much health as possible. 14 turns activated Enchiladas delay, and about 8 turns later, Shiva's skill finally activated. Smooth sailing from there.

I0AFw4kl.jpg

So...the super king dungeon only comes up once today? Mine was at 9:00 so I was expecting to run it again at 2:00 but it is not there. Kind of a bummer, I would have spent more on stamina if I knew I was only getting one window of opportunity.

Pacman2k

Alright, finally got master ancient water on farm mode with a mono blue team, almost entirely thanks to the viper orochi I pulled last night.

Going to try and get skillups on bowmore from here on out. Wish me luck.

Edit: And yes I'm probably going to bitch a lot asking for abyss neptunes... :(

Edit 2: Yes tonner, one time only.

Splat

Alright, finally got master ancient water on farm mode with a mono blue team, almost entirely thanks to the viper orochi I pulled last night.

Going to try and get skillups on bowmore from here on out. Wish me luck.

Edit: And yes I'm probably going to bitch a lot asking for abyss neptunes... :(

What team did you finally end up running with?

J0dy77

Made 2 runs at the Super King. First run didn't net me any Super Kings. I wish I had 100 stamina, so I could make 2 runs per bar. So instead, I ran Master Whiskey Water (no drop) to empty out my stamina, then I refilled with a stone. Next run at Super Metal King was rough, with a Super King on the first floor. I let out a sigh, and went to work.

I was running a Shiva / Ares team, so RCV was on the crappy side. My HP pool, however, was over 40K. I did my best to stall for time. With some high-chain combos, and lucky drops, I was able to make the most of the heart orbs to replenish as much health as possible. 14 turns activated Enchiladas delay, and about 8 turns later, Shiva's skill finally activated. Smooth sailing from there.

How hard does the super king hit? I'm wondering if taking Horus team might be better for me and just breaking armor. Is that possible?

How hard does the super king hit? I'm wondering if taking Horus team might be better for me and just breaking armor. Is that possible?

What Jagernaut said: 10K on a 2 turn CD.

Horus could totally do it, as long as your pets beat out the 60,000 defense. Would be a thrilling run for sure.

Pacman2k

What team did you finally end up running with?

Blue Noel (Leader), Fenrir Knight Kamui, Crystal Aurora, Viper Orochi, Siren, Abyss Neptune (Guest)

As soon as I pump some more XP into the Bowmore I got, I'll be replacing the Crystal Aurora for him.

Depending on the power of the Neptune guest I'll burn the Viper Orochi delay early on the siren sub boss to keep her from resurrecting. But if I need the extra turns for poison on Bowmore then I obviously keep him charged up and ready.

I always at least bring Orochi though, because he is key for me to get past the red chimera on 5th floor.

My bad for not looking at the schedule closer. So, what to spend the xp on?

- I can max level my second Hera and evolve her to Awoken
- I can max level a Persephone and evolve her, with about 100k left over
- I can come close to max leveling Anubis
- I can level up:
Hadar (currently level 47)
evolved Loki (16)
Awoken Hera (1)
Elysion (19)
Duke Vampire Lord (10)
CDK (46)
CDD (26)

Suggestions?

J0dy77

What Jagernaut said: 10K on a 2 turn CD.

Horus could totally do it, as long as your pets beat out the 60,000 defense. Would be a thrilling run for sure.

How hard is 60k to break? I'm not familiar with how much defense mobs have, I just know when they have a lot.

Am I crazy to think this might be my easiest team to use with a viper friend?

VBzuAyql.png

How hard is 60k to break? I'm not familiar with how much defense mobs have, I just know when they have a lot.

VBzuAyql.png

I was thinking about it and this type of resolve team should work. One super king early on obviously poses no treat so that is not an issue. and as long as you have Lillith charged to get rid of the king the last stage should be ok too. Maybe not ideal, but it should be pretty safe. Just make sure you charge.

Pacman2k

My bad for not looking at the schedule closer. So, what to spend the xp on?

- I can max level my second Hera and evolve her to Awoken
- I can max level a Persephone and evolve her, with about 100k left over
- I can come close to max leveling Anubis
- I can level up:
Hadar (currently level 47)
evolved Loki (16)
Awoken Hera (1)
Elysion (19)
Duke Vampire Lord (10)
CDK (46)
CDD (26)

Suggestions?

Personally I'd work up Persephone as new dark team leader. Shes so fucking great imo.

Yaari

Ran Super King once, for the stone. No Dark property stuff needing to get a boost so I'll wait for the eventual Gold stage.

It was pretty easy with Lilith, Ra and 2 Neptune. I ended up with 2 Super King.

Also 100 max stamina now, so that is great for any type of farming I still need to do this week.

mercviper

VBzuAyql.png

To break 60k with double horus you need 60k/16 atk before the multiplier. so, 3750 atk. Assuming a base of 1k, you need to be able to match that 1k color twice and still proc horus' leader skill. That will give you (1000*200%)*200% for 4k before Horus'.

So with 1k base damage, you need at least 6 orbs split up into 2 matches, and then also proc horus' skill

Edit: this is only to break the defense. To actually kill the king you need 7 orbs split into 2 matches.

If you have 750 base on a sub you need 3 of the same color matches, or 9 orbs split into 3 matches, while also proccing horus' skill.

The former I would say is easier, as I seldom manage to get a 6 combo of anything before new orbs are added in, which is unreliable to count on.

If you run a valk team like that I don't think you're going to break 60k with viper as a friend. You need to rack up to 13k from light orbs to kill a super king. You can still run that team, as Lillith's poison should be enough, but yeah.

tldr; Super King defense is the same as a regular king, so if you can combo enough damage to break a King defense normally then you can break Super King's

VBzuAyql.png

When I run my shabbily put together Horus team in endless, (Horus-Leader, Red Giant Gigas, Valk, Odin, Rainbow Keeper, Blue Noel, Horus-Friend leader), a 4 combo got my red element mobs attacking for well over 60,000.

That Valk team should have no problem though.

edit: great info in merc viper's post

edit 2: just run that first Hera-spec Valk team.

mercviper

Or is this the safer/easier choice with a Shiva leader?

wVZ81hll.png

Shiva is fine and you can pretty much run whatever you want with Shiva as a leader. The only concern with Shiva is if a Super King spawns round 1 before you can charge skills.

The safest team possible would be an Amu that heals 2500+ a turn, plus a 50% dark resist leader. You can use your lillith as a sub to break any Super Kings you find, all you have to do is charge skills.

If you feel like that's too boring you can bring a 2x Horus team if you are confident in your matching skills like I wrote earlier. You can also do double valk if you match up to 5200 damage on light, or 10400 if it's an off-color healer sub. double adk can also work if you can match up to 10400 damage on a single non-light dragon or 5200 on a light dragon.

Edit: I guess I should've mentioned in the previous post that the valk team is fine, just don't use viper and actually run a valk team lol.

T-Matt

Only got one super king but the stone netted me a Horus, seems like a fun one to have.
After pulling a Fairlio and toyceratops a couple weeks ago my last pulls have been valkyrie, succubus and now horus. Pretty good overall.

I totally see why people sink tons of money into this game but you can get so much out of it with no money or just a couple bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom