• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I have learnt to hold on to them as they can be a complete bitch to farm them when you need them, its worth spending some stones on increasing your inventory space once you have a decent set of 3 and 4 star monsters.

You can farm

Dryad
Demeter Forest (The Fairy's Invitation)
Sacred Mt. Bakkes (Allure of Flowers)

Cupid
Tomb of the Saint (Heaven's Servant)
Twin Temple Apollo (The Cruel Angel).

Thank you . Do you know why people were trying to farm the mermaids? Are they healers?

Gaspode_T

I am currently playing with a team of literally all different colors and it seems to be going fine for the stages I am playing (maybe I haven't progressed as far as some of you who knows), I don't use the leader skill as much but I have more variety of individual skills ready to trigger when I reach a boss. I just have more fun playing this way too - isn't that what matters? When you are good at swooshing the gems around in circles and creating 3 or more combos consistently it is just so much win to watch all the numbers bounce up and down across the entire team

Owzers

Does anyone know the time frame of the ruby dragon dungeon today? Where are these lists posted?

might try a Keeper dungeon later today with my hobo party...presuming i can get a helper healer, i have a couple on my friends list. I could survive and heal 3k damage in 3 turns, but i'm not so sure it wouldn't take me forever to do 160000 damage Xo XO XO

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you . Do you know why people were trying to farm the mermaids? Are they healers?

The mermaids/sirens have the leadership ability "Heal HP when orbs matched". Note that's ANY orbs matched, not just blue orbs.

Its essentially a really good passive healer.

EDIT: Oh, and there's also a light healer that does the same thing, but its easier to farm the mermaid/siren early on. And the Siren can be evolved into a higher form, making the leadership ability, something like "Heal even GREATER HP when orbs are matched", I haven't seen any monster with the same ability yet.

Does anyone know the time frame of the ruby dragon dungeon today? Where are these lists posted?

might try a Keeper dungeon later today with my hobo party...presuming i can get a helper healer, i have a couple on my friends list. I could survive and heal 3k damage in 3 turns, but i'm not so sure it wouldn't take me forever to do 160000 damage Xo XO XO

think it was posted on the previous page.

made it to battle5 of the keeper dungeon...then got murdered. 4 red knights at the same time = no good

The mermaids/sirens have the leadership ability "Heal HP when orbs matched". Note that's ANY orbs matched, not just blue orbs.

Its essentially a really good passive healer.

EDIT: Oh, and there's also a light healer that does the same thing, but its easier to farm the mermaid/siren early on. And the Siren can be evolved into a higher form, making the leadership ability, something like "Heal even GREATER HP when orbs are matched", I haven't seen any monster with the same ability yet.

Thanks. I've been using 2 Gaffers that have the light healer constantly. I need to find my own for my team. Are the Mermaids hard to get?

Radav

Thanks. I've been using 2 Gaffers that have the light healer constantly. I need to find my own for my team. Are the Mermaids hard to get?

From what I've read the mermaids can be a bitch to get. Last night I had decided I would farm the voice of the siren level in the Sea Cave Mercury Dungeon to try and get one. I probably ran it 10+ times and didn't get it to drop. Got tired of that and figured I'd get myself the last mystic stone I needed for my rare pull. Amazingly I actually pulled the mermaid from the rare pull. lol

I think Mermaid/Siren's are considered really good because they have the passive heal and their active skill allows them to change fire orbs to heal orbs.

alright guys, i'm looking for a little direction if you could help out. I'm currently getting crushed in the 3rd fire place (nerva?) and don't know who to upgrade. Heres what i have in the box :

Fire -

Tyrannos **** (667/340/80 lv16)
Naga *** (199/172/179 lv14)
Samurai Ogre *** (686/370/5 lv8)

Blue -

Marine Rider ***** (Rare Pull - blue/green 533/448/59 lv34)
Mystic Ice Knight *** (467/312/74 lv18)
Ice Ogre *** (498/287/5 lv 1)

Green -

Brachio *** (465/185/63 lv12)
Hobgoblin ** (385/262/15 lv11)

White -

White Knight *** (276/152/45 lv1)
Topaz Carbuncle ** (239/100/150 lv16)
Lil' White Dragon ** (50/41/14 lv2)

Dark -

Black Fighter ** (308/160/37 lv13)

i have other rather evo materials (king metal dragon, 'lits, masks, seeds, etc.). Looking for some sort of direction of who to upgrade, evolve, yada yada. currently working on the mystic ice knight to try and evolve him before tackling the 3* fire again.

From what I've read the mermaids can be a bitch to get. Last night I had decided I would farm the voice of the siren level in the Sea Cave Mercury Dungeon to try and get one. I probably ran it 10+ times and didn't get it to drop. Got tired of that and figured I'd get myself the last mystic stone I needed for my rare pull. Amazingly I actually pulled the mermaid from the rare pull. lol

I think Mermaid/Siren's are considered really good because they have the passive heal and their active skill allows them to change fire orbs to heal orbs.

Are those higher level dungeons? I'm having issues with finding a decent healer. I can usually do well when I have a friend healer that has the passive match orb healing but not sure I'm getting dropped from their friends list or what but the ones I was using aren't there anymore.

I'm up to Pluto Valley: Wandering Murderer. I was farming Tomb of the Saint: Heaven's Servant but can't get anything to drop. Does the Neptune Glacier: Mermaid Feast actually have mermaids?

Where can you get the passive healing with ANY orb characters?

This game is really tough without a healer =(

The three healers are Siren the Enchantress, Alraune, and Archangel, who at 5* all gain Rondo of Healing. StE is usually considered the "best" because Marine Riders, who share her active skill for fusion skill ups, are comparatively the easiest to farm.

Note that Echidna the Red Empress and Lilith the Witch of the Night, despite also being Healer types, never learn Rondo of Healing.

E: Just checked the spreadsheet, we have a few GAFers with Alraune and some of the other healers. Friend them if you want heals!

blackflag

The Keeper dungeons? What Rank should you be? I have a good team and 1 shot everything up to Sacred Mount Bakkes (haven't tried it yet). but the red keeper dungeon crushed me.

I'm rank 30.

Anyone have a Green Odin that will invite me?

I use Vampire Lord and Loki.

blackflag

Are those higher level dungeons? I'm having issues with finding a decent healer. I can usually do well when I have a friend healer that has the passive match orb healing but not sure I'm getting dropped from their friends list or what but the ones I was using aren't there anymore.

I'm up to Pluto Valley: Wandering Murderer. I was farming Tomb of the Saint: Heaven's Servant but can't get anything to drop. Does the Neptune Glacier: Mermaid Feast actually have mermaids?

Where can you get the passive healing with ANY orb characters?

This game is really tough without a healer =(

Yes, you can get them from Mermaid Feast. Very low drop rate.

Mermaids are prob worst healer only 1 x matched orbs
They evolve into Siren and then Siren the Enchantress who heals 3x RCV. Note that the description may be a bit misleading - they heal a fixed amount per turn, but will always heal provided you match three orbs.

Victrix

*beard*
Personally I think unless you have some specific need for a healer as your leader (or a party member... which would really only be Siren for orb changing anyway), just use healers from your friend list and use your best leader.

Farming for specific drops in this game is a bad idea if you value your sanity. The drop rates are crazy low on anything rare (to keep you playing/encourage spending cash on rolls).

Eventually you're going to want Siren for her easily leveled orb changing ability, but otherwise, you'll pick up one of the healer girls to use as a leader of your own sooner or later, and your stamina is better spent on progression - once you have the technical dungeons unlocked, you can use stamina on daily dungeons tuesday through friday for evo materials, daily colored dragons for leveling material, and technical dungeons, for pengdra to stuff full of those dragons.

The rest of the time you can either be running the special dungeons (Sky Dragons, which can drop mystic knights, dragons, and cupid/lilith from the current dungeons), the regular/technical dungeons for progression, the weekend dungeon for cash, tower of giants third floor to level,

orrrrrrrr

on a 1.5x drop day - actually farm for drops ;)

Jinko

Personally I think unless you have some specific need for a healer as your leader (or a party member... which would really only be Siren for orb changing anyway), just use healers from your friend list and use your best leader.

Haha if we all did this there would be no healers on friends list ;)

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Do you know which of the matching orb healers have the best drop rate and where? I'm batting 0-27ish on mermaids.

All the 3* healers can be farmed on the 2nd tier of dungeons: Volcano of Vulcan, Neptune Glacier, Demeter Forest, Tomb of the Saint, Pluto Valley, in their respective 2nd to LAST dungeon. (ex: Neptune Glacier -> Mermaid Forest)

If you want to skip an evolution, you can try farming the 3rd tier of dungeons, 2nd dungeon of each, to try and get a 4* healer. The name of the dungeon gives it away where the healers are.

In any case, if you want to increase your chances, you probably want to wait for a particular set of dungeons to go 1/2 stamina, or increased drop rate.

Use my method. The way I'm putting people on my friend list, GAFfers are added automatically, then random strangers who are healers. :p

Victrix

*beard*

No, plenty of people get one of the healers as one of their initial rare pulls, plus later on once you have farmed one of them up, there's nothing stopping you from leaving them as a leader so friends can use them.

There's no shortage of healers to be found as random players - even if every person on GAF rerolled into a rare god and never set a healer as a leader you could still have a friend list with a bunch of StEs/Alarunes/Archangels and even a few Amaterasus. I have something like 15-20 healers on my list, which is probably overkill :D I'll be pruning it down once I have a better feel for how many I need access to on any given day.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Well I got Keeper of the Woods and am wondering if I should upgrade my starter green dragon to 5* for my wood/dark dragon team, or if there's anything else worth using it on. Anyone know?

Out of my box, Alraune is the only other one I can use it on to evolve (Mandrake > Alraune).

The three healers are Siren the Enchantress, Alraune, and Archangel, who at 5* all gain Rondo of Healing. StE is usually considered the "best" because Marine Riders, who share her active skill for fusion skill ups, are comparatively the easiest to farm.

Note that Echidna the Red Empress and Lilith the Witch of the Night, despite also being Healer types, never learn Rondo of Healing.

E: Just checked the spreadsheet, we have a few GAFers with Alraune and some of the other healers. Friend them if you want heals!

Yes, you can get them from Mermaid Feast. Very low drop rate.

All the 3* healers can be farmed on the 2nd tier of dungeons: Volcano of Vulcan, Neptune Glacier, Demeter Forest, Tomb of the Saint, Pluto Valley, in their respective 2nd to LAST dungeon. (ex: Neptune Glacier -> Mermaid Forest)

If you want to skip an evolution, you can try farming the 3rd tier of dungeons, 2nd dungeon of each, to try and get a 4* healer. The name of the dungeon gives it away where the healers are.

In any case, if you want to increase your chances, you probably want to wait for a particular set of dungeons to go 1/2 stamina, or increased drop rate.

Use my method. The way I'm putting people on my friend list, GAFfers are added automatically, then random strangers who are healers. :p

Wow, great info and also sent some invites to some on the SS, thanks!

Yeah I should have mentioned this in the OP, but if you own one of the utility monsters (healer girls, Green Odin, resist dragons, uhhhh orb changers?), set it as your leader before you log off if you don't plan on playing for a few hours.

Victrix

*beard*
Well I got Keeper of the Woods and am wondering if I should upgrade my starter green dragon to 5* for my wood/dark dragon team, or if there's anything else worth using it on. Anyone know?

Out of my box, Alraune is the only other one I can use it on to evolve (Mandrake > Alraune).

The colored Keepers always drop, so if you wait a bit, clear it again later and grab a second one (unless there's something that needs a different color)

The Rainbow Keeper is not guaranteed...

xelios

Yeah I should have mentioned this in the OP, but if you own one of the utility monsters (healer girls, Green Odin, resist dragons, uhhhh orb changers?), set it as your leader before you log off if you don't plan on playing for a few hours.

My Ancient Dragon Knight seems to be used all the time (+2.5x damage for dragons).

xelios

The colored Keepers always drop, so if you wait a bit, clear it again later and grab a second one (unless there's something that needs a different color)

The Rainbow Keeper is not guaranteed...

Oh nice, thanks! I'll just grab another to have both Alraune and 5* starter dragon. Expert is the only Tuesday dungeon I'm capable of doing easily atm, so it will be a while until rainbow, haha.

Edit: Sorry for double post.

Victrix

*beard*
Yeah, if you want to help out fellow GAFers to clear tough dungeons, leave your lynchpin critter as your leader (Green Odin, Viper Orochi, Amaterasu, Shiva, fully evolved little Dragons/other 50% reducers that match the current Sky Dragon dungeon colors, Healers, etc).

If you want to get a shitload of Pal points, leave a leader that has a damage bonus and looks cool so tons of randoms will use your leader :p Randoms don't place much/any value on utility creatures (yet - the game is too new in the US for people to know why some leaders are amazing). Healers get a lot of points as well of course.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
My Ancient Dragon Knight seems to be used all the time (+2.5x damage for dragons).

ADK is also useful for a x6.25 all dragon damage team, or a green/black team, from what I've read in the P&D forums. The consensus there is that the x6.25 starts losing effectiveness later on, so its probably better off to concentrate on a green/black team (made up of orb switchers).

I'm not even playing that serious yet to go either of those routes, I just wanted a dragon team for my ADK. Doing all right so far. :p

xelios

I chalk that up to the "anime effect", where pubbies choose monsters with fuckoff giant swords or revealing clothing over ones that might actually benefit their friends list.

Avatar quote? Also, healer girls, anime effect, need I say more?

2.5x damage from dragons on two leaders and a dragon team makes for major damage. They also change fire orbs to wood. ;) Not sure if joking. If anything the healer sisters (Alraune, Siren, Archangel) lose their effectiveness earlier, and eventually you will need Amaterasu Ohkami for heals, Viper Orochi to not get one shotted and/or Echidna the Red Empress to delay boss attacks.

Jinko

Bleh looks like I need another Keeper of Light to evolve my Angel.

ccbfan

No, plenty of people get one of the healers as one of their initial rare pulls, plus later on once you have farmed one of them up, there's nothing stopping you from leaving them as a leader so friends can use them.

There's no shortage of healers to be found as random players - even if every person on GAF rerolled into a rare god and never set a healer as a leader you could still have a friend list with a bunch of StEs/Alarunes/Archangels and even a few Amaterasus. I have something like 15-20 healers on my list, which is probably overkill :D I'll be pruning it down once I have a better feel for how many I need access to on any given day.

Thats basically what I'm doing.

My friends list last I check had

10 healers
10 high level dark monsters to use with my Vampire Lord leader.
rest random gaf members.

My friend tier list is basically Gaf members > really special monster like Odin, Orochi, Amat, Valk > healers > high damage dark monsters.

I still want a mermaid though since that orb change + vampire lords orb change is a godly combo.

Speaking of godly combos how do I get a dark Dragon Knight? Had him as a partner and his change light orbs to dark orbs skill is amazing, plus has high attack and goes perfectly with my vampire lord.

Also does those increase attack stack?.

I have a vampire lord and if I partner with another vampire lord do I get 4X attack (or 3x attack)?

xelios

Thats basically what I'm doing.

My friends list last I check had

10 healers
10 high level dark monsters to use with my Vampire Lord leader.
rest random gaf members.

My friend tier list is basically Gaf members > really special monster like Odin, Orochi, Amat, Valk > healers > high damage dark monsters.

I still want a mermaid though since that orb change + vampire lords orb change is a godly combo.

Speaking of godly combos how do I get a dark Dragon Knight? Had him as a partner and his change light orbs to dark orbs skill is amazing, plus has high attack and goes perfectly with my vampire lord.

Also does those increase attack stack?.

I have a vampire lord and if I partner with another vampire lord do I get 4X attack (or 3x attack)?

+Attack for x stacks from leaders, and you can get any knight of 3* or better on your team and they will all swap their respective orbs. The mystic/dark/chaos dragon knight is hard to get and comes from special dungeons or machine pulls.

At 5* ancient (wood) and chaos (dark) knights become dragons, with the light one becoming a god and the other two balance I believe.

Victrix

*beard*
Yes, they multiply

Most basic teams are either damage reducer + healer or multiplier + multiplier for massive nukage

The latter is also far faster/better for farming, the former for beating difficult bosses (either damage reduction or a resolve team using ogres/viper orochi to survive huge hits)

afaik the Mystic Knights are only available either via rare machine, or as drops in the respective Sky Dragon dungeons (where they are damn rare, and don't even show up on Adept)

I'm not sure if they show up much later in regular dungeons as rares or not

Nista

I have a Mermaid as my leader (which I'm trying to evolve, but it'll be awhile since I don't know where to farm the last item yet), so feel free to add me as a friend if you need it to help in dungeons.

Jinko

I have a Mermaid as my leader (which I'm trying to evolve, but it'll be awhile since I don't know where to farm the last item yet), so feel free to add me as a friend if you need it to help in dungeons.

Todays dungeon = Keeper of Blue. (Edit nvm thats siren)

ok outside of purchasing magic stones, It seems to me that eventually you run out of dungeons to beat and earn more stones.

I know we got a stone a day with the 12 days of christmas gift, but it seems like eventually there will be no more rare gachas or monster box increases without payment.

Please let me know if I am off base.

xelios

ok outside of purchasing magic stones, It seems to me that eventually you run out of dungeons to beat and earn more stones.

I know we got a stone a day with the 12 days of christmas gift, but it seems like eventually there will be no more rare gachas or monster box increases without payment.

Please let me know if I am off base.

You get stones for dungeon completions and occasionally out of "kindness" (holidays, technical issues with the game etc.) but eventually they want to start profiting, yes.

Victrix

*beard*
I think its unfortunate that they don't have other means of giving them money (seriously).

I think this game is great, but uh... I don't gamble, and I especially don't gamble for five fucking dollars for a digital puzzlemon

Paying for box space is reasonable, paying for stamina or to 'continue' is a waste as well.

It's too bad they don't have some system of guaranteed drops. 'Higher % chance' isn't gonna do it for me.

... which basically boils down to me playing until I get bored and dropping it without paying for anything but (maybe) a few extra box slots - even though I think the game is well worth some money, and is better than other puzzle games I've paid a lot more for.

But there are plenty of addicts out there who will pay that much for a chance at some ultra rare puzzlemon, so it's sort of pointless to hope they'd change the system :O

Jinko

I think its unfortunate that they don't have other means of giving them money (seriously).

I think this game is great, but uh... I don't gamble, and I especially don't gamble for five fucking dollars for a digital puzzlemon

Paying for box space is reasonable, paying for stamina or to 'continue' is a waste as well.

It's too bad they don't have some system of guaranteed drops. 'Higher % chance' isn't gonna do it for me.

... which basically boils down to me playing until I get bored and dropping it without paying for anything but (maybe) a few extra box slots - even though I think the game is well worth some money, and is better than other puzzle games I've paid a lot more for.

But there are plenty of addicts out there who will pay that much for a chance at some ultra rare puzzlemon, so it's sort of pointless to hope they'd change the system :O

Yea this is how I feel, this game would have been better as an actual paid app.

I really wonder if they can make more money from this model than selling the game for $10.

It's kind of like buying Yugioh cards except instead of $5 for 5 cards its $5 for 1 card, can yo imagine if something happens to your phone/tablet and you had spent mega bucks only to be told sorry you lost it all. (that's super sketchy)

ccbfan

I would easily pay $20 dollars for a full game.

No Stamina limits.
More ways and can be done multiple time to get Magic Stones. (They can still do IAP for the lazy)
Unlimited (Or some high number like 1000) monster boxes.
100 friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom