• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flunkie

Banned
My team sucks. I basically have to rely on my top 5 friends to be able to do anything.

Neptune, Verche, and Mandrake are my best and they all suck. I just can't get an ADK or CDK drop or anything. Also pretty sad if I have to start a Dragon Fruit because anything else sucks. Goblins and Golems and shit.

blackflag

This. It almost seems like cheating though, if there is no monster to one-shot you with Alarune and you can at least do a few combos to get your HP back.

Evolving my monsters slowly but surely. Almost evolving both my Titan and Plesios. Lil' white dragon is already a white dragon (evo x2) since I wanted to see its form. :)

Working on Mermaid next since I don't want to be too dependent on Alarune friends/explorers :).

Yeah I have a Dryad but I gotta get a green mask first. On my other account I have the mandrake but that team isn't powerful enough yet to beat the keepers..i don't think.

ParityBit

My monsters ....

ADK 5*
Minerva 5*
Tyrannos 4*
Flame Golem 3*
lil red 2*
lil Green 2*
Mermaid 3*
Blue Dragon 3*
Toyceratops 4*
White Dragon 3*
D'Spinas 4*
Ruby Carbunkle 2*
Sapphire Carbunkle 2*
Auqa Knight 3*
Harpie Devil 2*

I am at the first level of Sacred Mt. Bakkes

Not sure where to go now

blackflag

My team sucks. I basically have to rely on my top 5 friends to be able to do anything.

Neptune, Verche, and Mandrake are my best and they all suck. I just can't get an ADK or CDK drop or anything. Also pretty sad if I have to start a Dragon Fruit because anything else sucks. Goblins and Golems and shit.

Mandrake turns into one of the best healers. I know that's not helpful though if you can't beat the easier levels though :(

Flunkie

Banned
Mandrake turns into one of the best healers. I know that's not helpful though if you can't beat the easier levels though :(

I know, but getting the material to evolve her is going to be a bitch if I can't even beat Fire Forest Nerva. I don't really have any other green team members though so I wish I had something that supplemented my group.

Jinko

My monsters ....

ADK 5*
Minerva 5*
Tyrannos 4*
Flame Golem 3*
lil red 2*
lil Green 2*
Mermaid 3*
Blue Dragon 3*
Toyceratops 4*
White Dragon 3*
D'Spinas 4*
Ruby Carbunkle 2*
Sapphire Carbunkle 2*
Auqa Knight 3*
Harpie Devil 2*

I am at the first level of Sacred Mt. Bakkes

Not sure where to go now

Do the Water defender dungeon with Toyceratops as leader, ADK for orb switching, White Dragon, D'Spinas and then maybe another wood attacker, and a healer as a helper.

for Mt Bakkes I'd go

ADK or healer as leader, lil red, tyrannos, White Dragon, D'Spinas, healer or ADK as helper.

Ferrio

Banned
So... how does anyone live without a healer as a leader/helper? I don't see how you could live past most dungeons without that constant heal.

Uthred

So... how does anyone live without a healer as a leader/helper? I don't see how you could live past most dungeons without that constant heal.

Im running a lot of the ordinary dungeons, up around Tower of Flare, with dual ADK's the high damage output usually does the job (thought occasionally a dearth of healing orbs can fuck you)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah, once I switched my leader to a healer, my survivability went up. And, it would appear, my allies as well, as people keep using me as the helper leader :p

mercviper

Yeah, once I switched my leader to a healer, my survivability went up. And, it would appear, my allies as well, as people keep using me as the helper leader :p

Maybe it's because I'm not far enough yet, but I find I die more in 1 hit than I do from attrition, so I haven't found a healer too helpful yet. :X

Victrix

*beard*

Damage multiplying leaders + orb changers. Kill it before it kills you.

For nasty boss monsters, you need enough hp and healing to sponge it up (possibly using a hp multiplying leader), a damage % reducing leader, or a resolve leader.

Speaking of orb changers, the green goblin is pretty awesome as an early game changer.

Unlike the other orb swappers, his board reset ability has a few interesting quirks:

It can trigger matches/combos immediately, and

It does count down the skill timers on your monsters if it matches any orbs

It does not increase the turn counter or cause an enemy attack by doing so, and

It also counts towards any on-match monster effects, including healing or enemy nuking

And of course, because it is resetting the board, it can get you out of an otherwise untenable situation. He's a little weedy stats wise to be using later in the game, but I've used him perfectly fine up through Expert level stuff.

Ferrio

Banned
Damage multiplying leaders + orb changers. Kill it before it kills you.

For nasty boss monsters, you need enough hp and healing to sponge it up (possibly using a hp multiplying leader), a damage % reducing leader, or a resolve leader.

Speaking of orb changers, the green goblin is pretty awesome as an early game changer.

Unlike the other orb swappers, his board reset ability has a few interesting quirks:

It can trigger matches/combos immediately, and

It does count down the skill timers on your monsters if it matches any orbs

It does not increase the turn counter or cause an enemy attack by doing so, and

It also counts towards any on-match monster effects, including healing or enemy nuking

And of course, because it is resetting the board, it can get you out of an otherwise untenable situation. He's a little weedy stats wise to be using later in the game, but I've used him perfectly fine up through Expert level stuff.

Ya I'm currently doing that (burn them before you), but it's getting more and more difficult... especially if my skills are down and there's no dark orbs on the field. But if I get a healer helper and it's DERP easy.

Jinko

I dont got a desktop nearby. Any chance to do this apk stuff with my phone only?

Yea you should be able to download it through your phone browser.

Um .. how do you beat that Fortoytops boss his def is through the roof, back to grinding it is then :(

Victrix

*beard*
Ya I'm currently doing that (burn them before you), but it's getting more and more difficult... especially if my skills are down and there's no dark orbs on the field.

Do you have one or two orb changers?

And you can't do it indefinitely, there will be a lull where your offense isn't high enough to overcome the dungeons you're facing, and at that point you need to fall back on healing or defense until you level up/evolve/gain team points to push that offense back in your favor again

It's definitely the way to go for farming easier content

I don't think its meant to be the way you handle expert+ level special dungeons either, most of them have gimmicks (masks, dublits, tough bosses, etc)

Ferrio

Banned
Do you have one or two orb changers?

And you can't do it indefinitely, there will be a lull where your offense isn't high enough to overcome the dungeons you're facing, and at that point you need to fall back on healing or defense until you level up/evolve/gain team points to push that offense back in your favor again

It's definitely the way to go for farming easier content

I don't think its meant to be the way you handle expert+ level special dungeons either, most of them have gimmicks (masks, dublits, tough bosses, etc)

Ya I got a Vampire lord for hearts -> dark. A chaos dragon knight for light -> dark. Once I get enough costs to put my siren on the team I can change fire -> hearts... which will help the lord.

Victrix

*beard*
In that case you just need to learn better puzzlin' ;)

Knock the enemies down to one remaining, then do single matches to charge up all your skills

Store up piles of colored orbs you need in the corners/in a stipple pattern

And make 3+ combos every single time you match when you're on offense, clearing out colors you don't need

Also know when you should use a five match or if a three and some off color combos will do - it's rarely a good idea to burn 4+ in a single match for extra damage if you're running mono color unless you're going for the aoe

ccbfan

Any use for pal points other than pal eggs?

Also does pal eggs have a discount event? (Like 100 pp instead of 200 pp during certain time?)

I have 1 thousand pal points and not sure should I spend it or not.

Gaspode_T

There is an awesome strategy guide app for free on Japan iOS app store...in Japanese...I was surprised how good it is

This is my multi-color team: https://twitter.com/gaspode_t/status/288679077332803584/photo/1

I am starting to build up a stable of bunch of 3 and 4 stars (3 are mostly dragons) to do monocolor teams if I need to, but it takes a lot of grinding...thankfully the stamina things forces you to stop playing, or else people would likely just play all day long

blackflag

There is an awesome strategy guide app for free on Japan iOS app store...in Japanese...I was surprised how good it is

This is my multi-color team: https://twitter.com/gaspode_t/status/288679077332803584/photo/1

I am starting to build up a stable of bunch of 3 and 4 stars (3 are mostly dragons) to do monocolor teams if I need to, but it takes a lot of grinding...thankfully the stamina things forces you to stop playing, or else people would likely just play all day long

I assume it uses Kanji? I can only read like 100 kanji plus hiragana and Katakana

Victrix

*beard*
I see a lot of people talking about farming and grinding

Here's some quick thoughts on that, keep in mind that I'm still new to this as well so there are almost certainly better ways of handling this

1) When you gain a Rank, your Stamina refreshes. By planning out what dungeons you want to tackle and knowing (or checking on the wiki) roughly how much XP you will gain, you can chain Rank increases. In the 1-40 range or so, it's really, really easy to chain Rank ups and run a ton of dungeons. When I was doing Sky Dragon expert runs on the weekend, I actually stopped not because I ran out of Stamina, but because I was getting tired of fighting the bag of hitpoints bosses with my 'underleveled' team.

Tower of Giants third floor has one of the best xp/stamina ratios out there, and it goes to 1/2 stamina on weekends, making it the ideal place to rank up early in the game.

2) If you enter a dungeon, your Stamina begins refreshing immediately, so you can enter an expensive dungeon and then turn off the game to refill your stamina

3) If you are running early dungeons for evo material or feeding material, don't do this.

Run the Tuesday through Friday dungeons and stock up on evo material (you did expand your box slots, right?).

Run the daily dragon dungeons for leveling food or run Technical dungeons for Pengdras. A good stock of dragon plants from the Thursday dungeon will feed your Pengdras for most/all of a week. Do you want to be putting 1k-5k into your monsters at a time from Stamina draining low level dungeon runs, or 9-30-45k pengdras?

Find the schedule for the daily dragon dungeon on the Facebook group or the p&d forums.

And if you need cash, just run the weekend cashfest dungeon - one good weekend sunk into that and you should be set for quite some time.

4) Do your farming when you have 'spare' stamina and you're about to rank up. Also do it when there's a 1/2 stamina or 1.5x drop rate special on a dungeon that you want drops from.

I'm getting the feeling from a lot of posts in this thread that people are stalling out early in the game and burning up stamina trying to farm up evo or leveling material or grind a specific drop - I don't think this is a good idea. If you're having fun, go for it! It won't hurt anything, but if you want to progress more quickly, those tips might help.

5) Your early game priority should be beating the Castle of Satan which unlocks the Technical Dungeons. From there, clearing the first three Technical Dungeons will give you access to the three colors of Pengdra, which will massively increase your stamina->leveling speed.

By the time you can do that, you should be able to comfortably clear the Expert Sky Dragon dungeons, and be working on the post Castle dungeons/more technical dungeons, which have higher level drops that you can use as food (or new party members, in some cases!)

This game is a slow burner, no need to rush, but you can definitely progress more efficiently if you invest a bit of planning.

ParityBit

I just got the white starter dragon as a gift. Now I have the red/black/white!

I wonder if I should try to get the other two ....

Jinko

3) If you are running early dungeons for evo material or feeding material, don't do this.

Run the Tuesday through Friday dungeons and stock up on evo material (you did expand your box slots, right?).

Good advice but you don't also have a stock of evo materials when you need them, it's kind of annoying that you have to wait a week for masks if you missed the last lot for example, limitations are at every corner lol

Plus daily dungeons are very expensive stamina wise.

Gaspode_T

"3) If you are running early dungeons for evo material or feeding material, don't do this."

Ahhhh, but I just need one darn dragon plant thing for my blue nessie dragon to evolve :(

I was running the "Tower of fortitude" or whatever it is called (the one that drops lots of dragon seeds and sometimes a dragon plant...) just this morning...it is easy to use up all stamina in a heartbeat with that one because I don't gain much rank...

Victrix

*beard*
Well, when you're just starting out, it can't hurt too much, you gotta evolve your starter somehow :V

But the drop rates on the dragon seeds/plants/'lits/etc just plain suck in the normal dungeons. You can burn a stupid amount of stamina and fail to get even one.

Realyn

Sone random questions ...

At which points can you pick challeging fights? That lvl 30 monster I got and another 30 helping makes everything so far a joke.
Do you have to have every element on your team later on?

edit: And what is the right wqy to transfuse? I tried same looking ones aswellnas same element but dont see a pattern

garath

Omg. I hate that rare stone pull. My last two pulls were an earth golem and an ice golem. Dammit. 10 stones down the tubes. So sad.

Jinko

Omg. I hate that rare stone pull. My last two pulls were an earth golem and an ice golem. Dammit. 10 stones down the tubes. So sad.

Yea bit of a slap to the face innit.

I am just spending all my stones on box upgrades now I'll just farm the monsters the hard way.

During events the pal machine can give out silver and gold eggs also, im guessing Easter will be the next one though :(

ParityBit

I am just spending all my stones on box upgrades now I'll just farm the monsters the hard way.

I am debating doing this. I have 5 stones burning a hole in my pocket. I am waiting for a metal dungeon to pop up for now and starting a new game on my cell (want a decent pull).

Owzers

During events the pal machine can give out silver and gold eggs also, im guessing Easter will be the next one though :(

so there is a benefit to hoarding pal points? I've never seen a pal event before.

blackflag

I'm doing this now also. I need spaces way more than I need any rares. It would be great to get something sick but I have no room for upgrade materials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom