• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParityBit

Is there a guide someplace that talks about what you need to evolve a certain mob, and where to get such evo's? trying to weed through the Chinese translated wiki is an exercise in futility.

Mashing

WOOT! Just fused a King Metal Dragon and 4x metal dragon's to my starter dragon and got a 1.5x EXP boost. Went from 16 to 33. Only problem now is those next 2 levels are going to be hella expensive and I'm out of stamina for another metal dragon run.

Jinko

Is there a guide someplace that talks about what you need to evolve a certain mob, and where to get such evo's? trying to weed through the Chinese translated wiki is an exercise in futility.

Check out the monster book I linked too on the above/other page.

My team is currently:

Tyran (no.2) 3* Dragon Lv 9/15
Wood Mech Warrior Asgard (no.318) 5* Physical LV 30
Blue Goblin (no.58) 1* Attacker Lv 9/10
Yellow Carbuncle (no.52) 1* Healer Lv 10/10
Black Fighter (no.76) 2* Technique Lv 7/15

Other notables:
Lil' Red Dragon (no.21) 2* Dragon Lv 5/15
Green Dragon (no.28) 3* Dragon Lv 6/25
Dryad (no.92) 3* Healer Lv 6/25
Cupid (no.94) 3* Healer Lv 3/25
plus a bunch of other evo stuff and all

Basically, I am wondering if I should restart. Based on what you guys are saying, it sounds like I should. I breezed through until Volcano of Vulcan and can't get past the second dungeon, Keeper of Flame. I am grinding to level some stuff up but I wonder if there might be an easier way to go...

ccbfan

Man I suck at this game.

I got a vampire lord but nothing else.

Its weird but none of my characters are levelling? Also the only dark element I got so far was the insect one you get at the tutorial and the porings.

Anyone got some strats.

Should I use my stones and try another pull.

Also how easy is it to get stones (without paying). It seems you get one for every first completion of a level.

Ronok

I'm curious about something. If there are any updates to this game, will I receive them having installed the apk away from the play store?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man I suck at this game.

Its weird but none of my characters are levelling? Also the only dark element I got so far was the insect one you get at the tutorial and the porings.

You have to use power-up fusion to power up monsters. Tutorial!

Shiryu

Neo Member
Fanged warriors in Sea Cave Mercury is giving me some troubles.

I tried it two times and failed always at the boss, considering my fire type isn't that strong yet. Fighting both Fenrir knights isn't that easy without a good HP/Defense...

EDIT: Greatly underestimated Alarune's skill. Constant healing makes it so easy.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
My Lilith's poison just killed the very last boss in Tower of Flare in one hit (Ifrit?). I'm guessing this is a bug?

Yep, just reproduced it, dead in one hit from poison.

Also just hit rank 50!

blackflag

Man I suck at this game.

Anyone got some strats.

Should I use my stones and try another pull.

Also how easy is it to get stones (without paying). It seems you get one for every first completion of a level.

Vampire Lord is one of the best dudes. Your team will be quite weak for awhile.

daemissary

I've been playing this for about a week and I just realized that you could move pieces anywhere on the board and not just in a straight line!

I feel like I'm the dumbest!

xCobalt

My team is currently:

Tyran (no.2) 3* Dragon Lv 9/15
Wood Mech Warrior Asgard (no.318) 5* Physical LV 30
Blue Goblin (no.58) 1* Attacker Lv 9/10
Yellow Carbuncle (no.52) 1* Healer Lv 10/10
Black Fighter (no.76) 2* Technique Lv 7/15

Other notables:
Lil' Red Dragon (no.21) 2* Dragon Lv 5/15
Green Dragon (no.28) 3* Dragon Lv 6/25
Dryad (no.92) 3* Healer Lv 6/25
Cupid (no.94) 3* Healer Lv 3/25
plus a bunch of other evo stuff and all

Basically, I am wondering if I should restart. Based on what you guys are saying, it sounds like I should. I breezed through until Volcano of Vulcan and can't get past the second dungeon, Keeper of Flame. I am grinding to level some stuff up but I wonder if there might be an easier way to go...

Starting with a better monster won't do you any good. You'll just hit a wall at a later stage. Every monster on your current team is capable of evolving and leveling further.

Based on the posts I see in this thread, a majority of the people here rely so much on their leader and their friend's helper that they end up hitting a wall and it's because they don't bother to train their other monsters. This game requires some grinding to get a better team.

My Lilith's poison just killed the very last boss in Tower of Flare in one hit (Ifrit?). I'm guessing this is a bug?

Yep, just reproduced it, dead in one hit from poison.

Also just hit rank 50!

The boss you faced has about 70 hp but extremely high defense.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I would highly advise against playing the gacha more than a few times. Personal experience...lol

Mashing

Fanged warriors in Sea Cave Mercury is giving me some troubles.

I tried it two times and failed always at the boss, considering my fire type isn't that strong yet. Fighting both Fenrir knights isn't that easy without a good HP/Defense...

EDIT: Greatly underestimated Alarune's skill. Constant healing makes it so easy.

She's been my leader since the beginning of the game. I haven't had one failure yet, about half way through Fire Forest Nerva (Although I could be in trouble if I get more than one mask).

Ferrio

Banned
Haha, that guy. Thought there was a typo or something and they swapped the defense and HP fields when I read it at first, but NOPE

Save it for a 5* monster if possible; they'll give 100k EXP to a Dark monster which is like way more than most lesser dudes need to max out

Blew it on my vampire lord, so I guess not bad.

It's not a walk in the park like the Thursday and Friday dungeons, that's for sure. All of the Keepers hit for 3023 damage every three turns, and on adept difficulty will appear with friends who hit in the low 1000's on the same turn clock. Probably the harder part is that they're not a guaranteed drop.

ccbfan

Where can I get some dark monsters early on?

I've been getting all different elements but no dark.

The only reason I even do damage is because I have a vampire lord.

Can't imagine how long these battles would last if I kept the mermaid.

Also since its since magic stone rolling has a dark element bonus till the tenth. Should I spend all my magic stones on it.?

Arcticfox

I have been enjoying this game. I started with a 3 star Naga and have not run into a progress wall yet. I even received a god quality monster in another pull but I prefer keeping the Naga as the leader.

garath

Yay. Got to do the metal dragon dungeon 3 times thanks to a rank up in the middle. Only 1 king dragon unfortunately. Managed to get my starter dragon 15 levels or so though. Was a big help. Down to 420k gold. Expensive! Bring on more gold dungeons lol

So I went into the first stage of Fire Forest Nerva. Picked an Angel as helper (heals 800+HP every turn). I made it to the boss with some scary moments. Everyone except my blue dragon do ONE damage to the boss, despite being a 5 hit combo. Even my blue dragon is doing shitty damage (36 damage for a non combo, 5000ish for skill). It took me 20 minutes to take down this boss.
I just went through the same thing-- what a chore. I went very conservative and defensive with my team so it was quite a slog but I was able to weather the damage output fairly well (though there were a couple of close calls).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom