• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

elty

I just went through the same thing-- what a chore. I went very conservative and defensive with my team so it was quite a slog but I was able to weather the damage output fairly well (though there were a couple of close calls).

Well the second stage is much easier. At least no one is doing 1 damage anymore.

Although that flying mask thing really hit hard.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well that was my most successful run in this game thus far. Cleared the last two stages of Pluto Canyon and the first of Tower of Giants, did two runs of the Metal Dragon quest, hit Rank 20 (still looking for a trade partner!), got a bunch of Metal Dragons, a few High Metals, and one King Metal (!). Used some of those to max out my second form blue starter, then evolved him to his third form, then used a High Metal to boost him up to Lv. 14. Just a great, great run overall.

Also, Lilith's poison ability is super awesome. It seriously fucks bosses up, at least at the point in the game that I'm at.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Asked it before, but just wondering: Is the white/dark little witch worth keeping? It seems like it's the dark/light version of the attacker-goblins that green/blue/red have... Not sure if I should level/evolve it or just ditch it in favour of defenders&lil'dragon-evolutions...

KuroNeeko

Anyone have any luck getting a Cupid to drop from Grave of the Saints → Messenger from Heaven or a Succubus to drop from Pluto's Chasm → Whispers in the Nightmare?

(Sorry for the names, I'm not sure what they are in English. I'm guessing 11-4 and 12-4.)

Asked it before, but just wondering: Is the white/dark little witch worth keeping? It seems like it's the dark/light version of the attacker-goblins that green/blue/red have... Not sure if I should level/evolve it or just ditch it in favour of defenders&lil'dragon-evolutions...

Are you talking about the Cupid / Succubus?

edit: Also, here are my three "go-to" teams so far. I have two others that I'm playing around with, but these three are the most stable. I'd like to make a 3-color team though since mono-color is so...bland. I'm currently in the Ocean Caves of Mercuria and having little trouble. Trying to farm out a Succubus / Cupid / Dryad right now.

red_zpsf411dfbe.png
light_zps82375150.png
dark_zps8fa70487.png

Damn, that's big. I thought using quote would reduce picture size. :/

Smiley90

Anyone have any luck getting a Cupid to drop from Grave of the Saints → Messenger from Heaven or a Succubus to drop from Pluto's Chasm → Whispers in the Nightmare?

(Sorry for the names, I'm not sure what they are in English. I'm guessing 11-4 and 12-4.)

Are you talking about the Cupid / Succubus?

nope, this one: http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/ハーピィデビル

Harpy.

KuroNeeko

To be honest, I don't use them very often because they contribute very little healing and their skill cooldowns are veeeery long.

Looking at the final evolution though, they have about a 1350 max attack power. It looks like you can raise their skill level up to 26 which means you'd have her cranking out 13500 damage every 5 turns to a single unit. Very nice, but I bet she's a pain to max out. Also their leader skill (all attacker-class units have their ATK doubled) is CUMULATIVE so if you group her with other harpy-type units (especially if their skill levels are maxed out) you're looking at a crap ton of damage.

I wonder if the ATK power is modified before they use the Bomb skill or if it only kicks in during the damage calculation step right before you attack. If you could double your attack power and have it apply to Bomb, that's...that's amazing!

Smiley90

To be honest, I don't use them very often because they contribute very little healing and their skill cooldowns are veeeery long.

Looking at the final evolution though, they have about a 1350 max attack power. It looks like you can raise their skill level up to 26 which means you'd have her cranking out 13500 damage every 5 turns to a single unit. Very nice, but I bet she's a pain to max out.

Yeah that's why I'm wondering if she's worth it... I wanna do a dark/light mixed team, and she's competing with defender&lil' dragon, among the god/starters I already got...

Flunkie

Banned
Almost past Fire Forest Nerva. Just have one sub-dungeon thing to go but it's a toughie. Just don't have enough high ATK/HP blue friends.

raiot

Does anyone want to swap rank 20 gifts? My ID is 317.248.206. As an additional bonus i can offer to swap to Viper Orochi on ingame msg! ;) My nick is raiod@GAF

Victrix

*beard*
There's only expert and up for Tuesday? Nooo. :<

Expert's just a label, doesn't mean anything

From here: http://www.puzzledragonsus.blogspot.com/2012/11/gatekeepers-and-gold-metal-dragon.html

Basic color Keeper dungeons:
Let's start with the Trios.
Minions: hits 1000-1300. Can appear in a group of 5. As long as you have a decent team using a multiplier as leader. There's nothing difficult to beat 5 of them.
Gatekeeper of Dark/Light: hits 3023 per 3 turns. Random encounter at Round 4/9.
Gatekeeper of Red/Blue/Green (Boss): hits 3023 per 3 turns. HP ~160000.

Aside from these, there are rare appearances of Golems showing up. They don't hit hard (~1300).
If you are lucky enough, this is want you can get :)

Rainbow Keeper dungeon:
Gatekeeper of Rainbow could be a pain in the ass:
Minions: hits ~2300 per 2 turns. Can appear in a group of 4. If you do not have a strong team, you can get killed immediately.
Gatekeeper of Dark/Light (Round 4 Miniboss): hits 12764 per 3 turns. HP 844760. Defense 600. Fixed encounter.
Gatekeeper of Rainbow (Boss): hits 22200 per 5 turns. HP 1057660. Defense 1550.

Notice that at Round 4 and 5, they both hit more than 12k. So its obvious that the tactic has to be Resolve. I definitely would recommend using a x2 Multiplier Resolve team. For example, something like this:

Flowerdragon Brachys (Leader)
Earth Dragon
Alraune
Mystic Stone Knight
Siren
Viper Orochi/any Evolved Ogre (Friend Leader)

--

Do not, I repeat do not go into the Rainbow Keeper dungeon without high offense or powerful nukes, or you will be spending hours of your life trying to chip away his 1mil hp behind his 1550 defense. You need to be doing 2k+ per hit minimum to do any reasonable damage, or have strong nukes that you can simply recharge and use over and over again.

If you're still early in the game, its likely the only thing you need today is one of the basic colored Keepers, and they aren't too hard, but be aware that a Light or Dark Keeper CAN show up in the basic dungeons, and they'll take a long time to kill as well, due to high hp and defense.

edit: Before I forget, a quick orb matching tip - Three orbs is 100% damage. Each orb past that in the same chain is 25% more damage. So a 6 match is 175% damage. However, two 3 orb matches will do 200%. Using a damage multiplied team, you can use that to help amp up your damage output a lot once you get good at stringing combos together.

OceanBlue

Does anyone want to swap rank 20 gifts? My ID is 317.248.206. As an additional bonus i can offer to swap to Viper Orochi on ingame msg! ;) My nick is raiod@GAF

I'll swap rank 20 gifts with you. My nick is Blue@GAF, and I went ahead and added you.

raiot

Okay, sent. For some reason, you didn't show up until I force closed the app.

Got a fire starter and a light starter. Lol, I need to make space in my box.

Ok, recieved your gift too, this time I got a dark dragon!

I need space too, but i'm from europe on a fake adress US account... so does anyone know if I could run into problems with itunes cards from ebay? Or has PaD an european release date yet?
Is a data048.bin swap with the japanese version possible?

Victrix

*beard*
Can someone explain the lv 20 gift process to me? I'm trying to wrap my head around it

You pick a friend on your friend list and send them a present. Doing so gets you a present. If they then return the favor, you each end up with two presents, vs. if you sent it to some random dude.

Each present is one of the five starter dragons.

Valygar

Ok, recieved your gift too, this time I got a dark dragon!

I need space too, but i'm from europe on a fake adress US account... so does anyone know if I could run into problems with itunes cards from ebay? Or has PaD an european release date yet?
Is a data048.bin swap with the japanese version possible?

I have a question regarding europeans playing this game... if there is an US update, will we have problems? Does the game update itself or do we have to download the new version?

Polo67

You pick a friend on your friend list and send them a present. Doing so gets you a present. If they then return the favor, you each end up with two presents, vs. if you sent it to some random dude.

Each present is one of the five starter dragons.

Thank you!

raiot

Damn, I just bought 25$ gift card from ebay and redeemed it on my us account. It is showing up on my account details, but when I try to buy IAP, the app says I have insufficient funds and wants an credit card number :(

Mashing

Kosh, I removed you by accident. Can you clear up one spot for me, MashingGAF with Alarune. I need your viper orochi.

Thanks.

ParityBit

Cool managed to get red and dark keeper, sadly I wanted the light one though lol

screenshot1357642624142.png

Damn! I need to try that when I get home from work. Was it tough?!

I am playing a second on my phone, really just powering to level 20 to send presents to my main until I get a white starter. I got a dark (which is why I need that) and I have gotten 2 red :( Boooo! (My starter was red)

Jinko

Damn! I need to try that when I get home from work. Was it tough?!

I am playing a second on my phone, really just powering to level 20 to send presents to my main until I get a white starter. I got a dark (which is why I need that) and I have gotten 2 red :( Boooo! (My starter was red)

Nah not tough at all with green odin helper and a healer in the leader slot, took a while to kill them though.

Yea I'm guna start a new account and try to send myself the dark starter dragon also.

ParityBit

Nah not tough at all with green odin helper and a healer in the leader slot, took a while to kill them though.

I am running with ADK, Red Starter, black starter, blue dragon, and white dragon. For major stuff I will pull in someone elses ADK for massive damage.

How will that work?

Jinko

I am running with ADK, Red Starter, black starter, blue dragon, and white dragon. For major stuff I will pull in someone elses ADK for massive damage.

How will that work?

Yup that would work, as long as you can heal up between hits which you should be able to as they hit every 3 turns.

[US] Ruby Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/8/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
A: 8:00 13:00 18:00
B: 9:00 14:00 19:00
C: 10:00 15:00 20:00
D: 11:00 16:00 21:00
E: 12:00 17:00 22:00

Jinko

Which keeper should I go at for the black evo I need?

You need the dark one for the dark dragon, but its a random spawn so pick one of the coloured dungeons and hope its the right one.

Just got a green and white lil dragon from pal machine, its a good day today :D

ParityBit

You need the dark one for the dark dragon, but its a random spawn so pick one of the coloured dungeons and hope its the right one.

Just got a green and white lil dragon from pal machine, its a good day today :D

Damn thats a good pull! I am trying to get one of each lil dragon and starter dragon. If I can. Then I will move on. Not sure where to go, but I have a ton of metal dragons (and a king) filling my boxes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finally beat Fire Forest Nerva! Now on to Sea Cave Mercury. I need some of those dark masks to evolve my Vampire though. :|

Also, the Ruby Dragon map...Is that doable for a non-elite team?

It looks like there is a good bit of this game that's going over my head, but I've been playing almost nonstop for a few days now. Hit rank 25, but not sure if I had anyone on my friends list when I hit 20, since I didn't get to send anything to anyone.

Current team:

Wood Mech Warrior Agard (*****/30)
Plesios (starter, evolved twice, currently +3) (****/16)
Salamander (+1) (****/16)
Lil Black Dragon (**/10)
Topaz Carbuncle (**/13)

I have a Lil Blue Dragon I'm working on, as well as a Fairlio I've thought about using to replace the Carbuncle. Also a random Fire Pengdra that I'm not sure what to do with.

Question on the Evo Material dudes like seeds, masks, metal dragons, etc. etc. Do you folks hold onto them to use for Evo later, or do you power fusion them and then farm for them when you need them? I'm having a heck of a time farming up specific Evo dudes (like the Saphlits, little blue ghost thing with the orb on his belly), so I've been holding onto all the Evo materials I find. Problem is my monster box fills up pretty rapidly by doing that...

Realized I'm total screwed without a good healer and cannot find one. I'm at Tomb of the spirits. Any suggestions as to where to get one?

Jinko

It looks like there is a good bit of this game that's going over my head, but I've been playing almost nonstop for a few days now. Hit rank 25, but not sure if I had anyone on my friends list when I hit 20, since I didn't get to send anything to anyone.

Current team:

Wood Mech Warrior Agard (*****/30)
Plesios (starter, evolved twice, currently +3) (****/16)
Salamander (+1) (****/16)
Lil Black Dragon (**/10)
Topaz Carbuncle (**/13)

I have a Lil Blue Dragon I'm working on, as well as a Fairlio I've thought about using to replace the Carbuncle. Also a random Fire Pengdra that I'm not sure what to do with.

Question on the Evo Material dudes like seeds, masks, metal dragons, etc. etc. Do you folks hold onto them to use for Evo later, or do you power fusion them and then farm for them when you need them? I'm having a heck of a time farming up specific Evo dudes (like the Saphlits, little blue ghost thing with the orb on his belly), so I've been holding onto all the Evo materials I find. Problem is my monster box fills up pretty rapidly by doing that...

Yea I have learnt to hold on to them as they can be a complete bitch to farm them when you need them, its worth spending some stones on increasing your inventory space once you have a decent set of 3 and 4 star monsters.

Realized I'm total screwed without a good healer and cannot find one. I'm at Tomb of the spirits. Any suggestions as to where to get one?

You can farm

Dryad
Demeter Forest (The Fairy's Invitation)
Sacred Mt. Bakkes (Allure of Flowers)

Cupid
Tomb of the Saint (Heaven's Servant)
Twin Temple Apollo (The Cruel Angel).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom