• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colby

I'll post my pulls:

Amaretsu
Amaretsu (back to back? I already had one!)
Drall
Machine Light Golem
Shaitan
Horus
Yomi

Just to make sure: Yomi is a trash pull, right? And Horus is too inconsistent to use? I really don't know how viable getting 4 attribute matches is every turn. What do you guys think?

J0dy77

Horus is far from inconsistent, he's my personal favorite character right now. Once you get the right team and enough practice you could probably clear any dungeon. It's been a long time since I've wiped due to lack of being able to match 4x.

So, I was able to squeeze in 8 Super King runs within my allotted hour. I netted 6 Supers, 7 Kings, and 27 Highs which works out to 1,830,000 Dark exp.

I have 137 stamina, so I used up the remaining 37 stamina running Tech dungeons. In hindsight, I probably should've just ate the loss of that excess stamina, since those Tech dungeons took longer than the Super King dungeon. So, I actually probably only got about 20 minutes of actual Super King time.

Oh well. I hope we also get a Super Gold dungeon. I need Light exp far more than Dark exp right now, and I would run the shit out of that dungeon.

I initially planned on using a Zeus team to break the Kings' armor, but decided it was too risky, and ran this team instead. It's pretty much a standard Shiva strategy with plenty of orb changers to make sure I don't run out of Dark orbs. I pair up with an auto-healer so I'm never in trouble of dying. Against Super Gold, I'd swap out Inferno Hades with an Arch Hades or Venus.

bQwIr8M.png

Pacman2k

I've never had an Egyptian god until this event and now I have both Horus and Ra (and Anubis but he doesn't count) and I have no idea how to build a multicolor team properly because I've been off in mono-blue and mono-green land for too long.

Any one have the key abilities needed for building one of these teams?

Jagernaut

I think people like using the heart to orb changers, Valkyrie, Gigas, Vampire Lord, Siegfried, Cu Chulainn, on a Horus team to get rid of excess hearts on the board. I have a Horus but I have only used him as a sub on my fire team because he has good stats.

TimeKillr

I did about 12 runs... I got 5 Supers, 14 kings and 39 highs. It sucks a bit that I didn't get that many Supers, but hey.

I evolved my Hattori Hanzo and I'll level him up a bit.. Then I have a Vamp Lord to level, a Loki to level/evolve and 2 Heras to mess around with. I also have 2 Persephones I'd like to eventually evolve too.

Too many dark mobs! Next time Zeus is around though it's a guaranteed win!

Just did 5 pulls:
Horus (good right?)
Yomi (good?)
Machine Golem MK 11 (eh...)
Kagutsuchi (I know nothing about him)
Yomi (should I feed her to Yomi?)
All in all, 4 golds and I'm happy... I think.

MicH

I personally like a Horus team with Viper Orochi, Hera, Valkyrie and Ceres/Cu Chulainn. Gravity, delay, heart orbchange and heal/another heart orbchanger. Pretty damn good. Would love to see what you uguys use

Slottm

Neo Member
So, I was able to squeeze in 8 Super King runs within my allotted hour. I netted 6 Supers, 7 Kings, and 27 Highs which works out to 1,830,000 Dark exp.

I have 137 stamina, so I used up the remaining 37 stamina running Tech dungeons. In hindsight, I probably should've just ate the loss of that excess stamina, since those Tech dungeons took longer than the Super King dungeon. So, I actually probably only got about 20 minutes of actual Super King time.

Oh well. I hope we also get a Super Gold dungeon. I need Light exp far more than Dark exp right now, and I would run the shit out of that dungeon.

I initially planned on using a Zeus team to break the Kings' armor, but decided it was too risky, and ran this team instead. It's pretty much a standard Shiva strategy with plenty of orb changers to make sure I don't run out of Dark orbs. I pair up with an auto-healer so I'm never in trouble of dying. Against Super Gold, I'd swap out Inferno Hades with an Arch Hades or Venus.

bQwIr8M.png
George - I do believe the only "super dungeon" is with metals. I tried 2 pulls today, and was hoping for a horus or a viper. My first pull was a naga with +1 in RCV, I said eh why not let me pull again...got horus :D

Proceeded to use about 8 stones on super king dragons for something like 18 total runs. I now have a formidable dark team capable of handling zeus =)

ccbfan

Man got trolled bad with the super metal dragons and rare rolls.

Ran two super metal dragon. Got the 2nd worst possible outcome. 0 super kings, 3 kings, 7 high.

Rare rolls.

Fairlion - Crap
Mystic Stone Knight - have a ton, no skill up
Anubis - Yes give me the most useless God in the game.
Naga - have a ton no skill up.

Man I was excited for a blue week God fest hoping for any blue God since they all rock. Instead I got 0 blue monsters and one of the most useless Gods in the game.

The trolling from rare rolls have just been unbearable. Lets give you 3 (of the 5 you got total) different Gods of the same color, but somehow how you got the 3 Gods that are complete worthless (Yomi, Vritra, Anubis). Any other Dark God would be useful but nope you get a bunch of dark God but only the worthless ones. Also the one color where you can get 3 different worthless Gods.

Seriously if I told you that you get 3 different Gods of the same color most people would expect at least one useful God. The only possible combination where you get 3 different Gods of the same color and none of them is useful is Yomi, Vritra, Anubis. Seriously no other combo.

Red's sucky Gods are Minerva and The Japanese Fire God.
Blue has no sucky Gods except for maybe Blue Odin
Green has no sucky Gods but have mediocre Gods in Ceres and Susano
Yellow has Venus and Ra (Indra is going to be amazing with the new update)

Man if I didn't have that Valk, Freyr, Thor run a month ago I probably would have quit this game already.

TimeKillr

Man got trolled bad with the super metal dragons and rare rolls.

Ran two super metal dragon. Got the 2nd worst possible outcome. 0 super kings, 3 kings, 7 high.

Rare rolls.

Fairlion - Crap
Mystic Stone Knight - have a ton, no skill up
Anubis - Yes give me the most useless God in the game.
Naga - have a ton no skill up.

Man I was excited for a blue week God fest hoping for any blue God since they all rock. Instead I got 0 blue monsters and one of the most useless Gods in the game.

The trolling from rare rolls have just been unbearable. Lets give you 3 (of the 5 you got total) different Gods of the same color, but somehow how you got the 3 Gods that are complete worthless (Yomi, Vritra, Anubis). Any other Dark God would be useful but nope you get a bunch of dark God but only the worthless ones. Also the one color where you can get 3 different worthless Gods.

Seriously if I told you that you get 3 different Gods of the same color most people would expect at least one useful God. The only possible combination where you get 3 different Gods of the same color and none of them is useful is Yomi, Vritra, Anubis. Seriously no other combo.

Red's sucky Gods are Minerva and The Japanese Fire God.
Blue has no sucky Gods except for maybe Blue Odin
Green has no sucky Gods but have mediocre Gods in Ceres and Susano
Yellow has Venus and Ra (Indra is going to be amazing with the new update)

Man if I didn't have that Valk, Freyr, Thor run a month ago I probably would have quit this game already.

Kagutsuchi is FAR from being sucky. You just don't use him the right way.

You want to run thursday quickly? Kagutsuchi! You'll one-shot all the floors with a single orb match, even if it's off-color. It's ridiculously useful.

As you get super far into dungeons, it's not as useful, but it makes some dungeons run faster than light. I used it when I had nothing to do and was farming Tower of Giants too - wiping all the enemies with a single match off-color was pretty fun.

Also Vritra is far from useless. I have 2 and use both heavily in zombie teams (like I did running keeper of rainbow today). 200k free quick damage every 15 turns is pretty nice.

So do we know how much of an HP buff the riders are getting? I have 4/5 of them and if they each get about 500 more HP they'll be great fits on mono color teams. And only a 3 million exp curve. I could definitely get behind that.

ccbfan

Kagutsuchi is FAR from being sucky. You just don't use him the right way.

You want to run thursday quickly? Kagutsuchi! You'll one-shot all the floors with a single orb match, even if it's off-color. It's ridiculously useful.

As you get super far into dungeons, it's not as useful, but it makes some dungeons run faster than light. I used it when I had nothing to do and was farming Tower of Giants too - wiping all the enemies with a single match off-color was pretty fun.

Also Vritra is far from useless. I have 2 and use both heavily in zombie teams (like I did running keeper of rainbow today). 200k free quick damage every 15 turns is pretty nice.

Finishing easy dungeons a little faster isn't really important in a game like this since you're restricted by stamina. I guess if you constantly use stones but most people don't play that way. Plus I can do plant dugeons in one turn anyways with an ADK team.

I can do Rainbow keeper in less than 15 minutes (probably way less but estimating) with Siren, Hera, Light Mech Dragon, Light Mech Dragon, Lightning Holy, Odin. In less than an hour, I've had already used up all my max stamina (90).

I have yet to figure out a useful way to use Vritra that can't be easily replaced by some no God party. Is it slower? Yes but is it much safer? Hell yes. Especially for a guy with no Orochi or Amu so its a crappy sturdy team to start with. There's really no reason to take the risk of going sturdy unless you have to. There's no gain to finishing faster over safer when you're this limited with stamina.

I'll post my pulls:

Amaretsu
Amaretsu (back to back? I already had one!)
Drall
Machine Light Golem
Shaitan
Horus
Yomi

Just to make sure: Yomi is a trash pull, right? And Horus is too inconsistent to use? I really don't know how viable getting 4 attribute matches is every turn. What do you guys think?

I wouldn't say Yomi's a trash pull, but the uses I see her being viable in are way too risky, like in a dual Anubis setup where her skill is used to set up the board in hopes of landing a x10 combo.

As for Horus, he is damn fun. I wish I had blue and/or green heart > orb changers. Give Horus a try in the endless dungeon. See how far you can get. Hell, run a Horus / Isis team. Still pretty potent, but not as killer as Horusx2. You might be bad activating the skill at first, but after a while, your orb management will improve. You'll know which orbs to dump, and which ones to keep. Heart orbs can accumulate on the board after several turns, so those heart orb switchers are valuable.

I'm impatient as hell myself, but I'm activating more consistently now. Just messing around, it's not hard to reach the god bosses in the endless dungeon. I'm too chicken to run in a real dungeon with stamina on the line, though.

edit: da fuq at those screens. blech

atlantos

Neo Member
Spent $60 on the god fest and the only useful pets I got are: Orochi (yay finally got one but already at L30) and green Ninja. The rest are are all crap that I already got and not useful to have more than one... Still no Egyptian gods on my roster of my main account. My iPad version got green Egyptian God which is not too bad but not too good either. Now I got all Japanese gods except Ama... While some people are pulling multiple, I am not getting even one... which is frustrating.

I also ran Super king 2 times (3 Super King and the 7 High.. no kings) ... I could have ran it 4 times but I stuff up... I forgot to change the team in between and I wasted a lot of stamina. I was running Rainbow keeper in between.

Speaking of Rainbow Keeper, the best team for that dungeon for me so far is Green Odin and ADK as leaders and 1 Dark Ripper, 1 Light Ripper, 1 good Dragon and Siren as sub... Very safe and very fast... only takes about 10-12 minutes on a fairly low level pets...

As for Super King, the best and safest team for me is: dark ripper and good healer as leaders , 3 rippers and either Light or Dark Golem as subs... Charge up the skills in the first round and use dark golem ability to reduce the defence by 75%. With each ripper, the next 4 rounds are a peace of cake. I got this strategy from P&D database... (which remains to be my go to site for strategy and info... a very good site)

Radav

I'd give my right arm for a Horus! Definitely do some looking into team setups for him you won't be disappointed. I'm really itching to try and pull to see if I get lucky and nab him I can't wait till this day is over. Can't stand the temptation.

Stupid Super King Dungeon can go jump in a river. I beat it first time got 4 highs and 1 super king then decided to use the stone I got to do it again only to end up getting 4 highs and a king. LAME! Going to use my free stone tomorrow on the gold dungeon hopefully I have kings raining from the heavens cause Id like to boost my Ra up quite a bit if possible.

Fishious

Hooray! I got my favorite thing!

Disappointment!

I'm not nearly as far along as some of you are so when I found out that the Super Metal Dragon dungeon was today and I'd just hit 49 max stamina I had to furiously level to get to 50 in time for the event. Thankfully mine was one of the later ones. So I go in and I get...

1 king
4 high

I'm pretty sure that is the worst possible outcome available. All that ranking up for nothing. And my primary team is dark so I really wanted at least one super. Hell, a couple of kings would've been decent. I suppose I was setting myself up for disappointment and I'm not going to gamble a stone since I'd only get one run. Oh well, maybe I'll have better luck next time.

Yaari

The 3DS version sure looks like shit. I was a little excited for it, but after seeing those screenshots I doubt I'll want it, lol. Oh well I wonder if I am even playing this game anymore by the time that one comes out.

Hooray! I got my favorite thing!

Disappointment!

I'm not nearly as far along as some of you are so when I found out that the Super Metal Dragon dungeon was today and I'd just hit 49 max stamina I had to furiously level to get to 50 in time for the event. Thankfully mine was one of the later ones. So I go in and I get...

1 king
4 high

I'm pretty sure that is the worst possible outcome available. All that ranking up for nothing. And my primary team is dark so I really wanted at least one super. Hell, a couple of kings would've been decent. I suppose I was setting myself up for disappointment and I'm not going to gamble a stone since I'd only get one run. Oh well, maybe I'll have better luck next time.

It's okay, man. Look on the bright side, you got a stone out of it, and you didn't get face-rolled on the first floor by a Super King (Unless you were running a safe resist/hearler team, where you wouldn't get face-rolled). Next time the dungeon rolls around, you'll have more Stamina to burn, have a stronger team, and yeah all that jazz.

George - I do believe the only "super dungeon" is with metals. I tried 2 pulls today, and was hoping for a horus or a viper. My first pull was a naga with +1 in RCV, I said eh why not let me pull again...got horus :D

Proceeded to use about 8 stones on super king dragons for something like 18 total runs. I now have a formidable dark team capable of handling zeus =)
Aww that sucks about no Super Gold dungeon. And wow at your luck! Horus is my most wanted rare gacha pull, but it unfortunately alludes me, yet. Maybe I'll pull during a Fire event, since I also want a Kagutsuchi, Freyr, and 2 Minervas for each ultimate version.

And yeah, those 3DS screens are barfariffic.

So Gods Realtalk...

Anubis...

Any strategies with him? or is it just dumb luck to get a 10 combo?

I can understand Minerva being disliked, because her uses so far are Ancient Red, for light red minerva, and not much else (ancient Fire has that blue to light move that he liked to use all the time).

Ra, similar problem to Anubis, kind of hard to use because you have to get every single orb type to match.

Venus though, I do not understand the hate. Wouldn't Double Light Venus be fairly useful? I know she is not as good as Hades, but is her active that useless?

Also, Kagatuschi is worthless. I see some people use him and I am like WHY!!! That god alone is the reason why I almost did not pull at all today, and is probably why I will not pull again on a Japanese gods day.

Ashodin

WHOO I MADE IT

1 Super, 3 Highs, and a King!

FUCK YEAH

I'm running it again but I need another Shiva or Abyss Neptune! Help GAF!

NOOO I JUST USED MY STAMINA AND TOOK 1 MINUTE TOO LONG NOOO

Yaari

Uh are you sure no Super Gold? From what I've heard there is one. The monster exist aswell, it makes no sense for there to not be one, I'd say.

So Gods Realtalk...

Anubis...

I can understand Minerva being disliked, because her uses so far are Ancient Red, for light red minerva, and not much else (ancient Fire has that blue to light move that he liked to use all the time).

Ra, similar problem to Anubis, kind of hard to use because you have to get every single orb type to match.

Venus though, I do not understand the hate. Wouldn't Double Light Venus be fairly useful? I know she is not as good as Hades, but is her active that useless?

Also, Kagatuschi is worthless. I see some people use him and I am like WHY!!! That god alone is the reason why I almost did not pull at all today, and is probably why I will not pull again on a Japanese gods day.

Anubis is pretty easy for the current Whisky Dragon dungeons I would guess. Other then that, I wouldnt want to bank my stamina on him. Ra seems to me, is just too difficult. Even if you get the required orbs, you still have to put them together.
Kagutsuchi is fun for farming Thursday dungeon, but I don't see myself evolving him to the required level really.

Fishious

It's okay, man. Look on the bright side, you got a stone out of it, and you didn't get face-rolled on the first floor by a Super King (Unless you were running a safe resist/hearler team, where you wouldn't get face-rolled). Next time the dungeon rolls around, you'll have more Stamina to burn, have a stronger team, and yeah all that jazz.

Yeah, I went resist/healer. I was totally ready for this. I knew I had one chance and I wasn't going to blow it. Obviously my rank ups weren't for nothing and so it's not like I wasted my time. I just have to remember to keep my expectations lows. I'm looking forward to pulling nothing but mermaids next god fest. :)

J0dy77

I've never been more disgusted with this game as I have this week. I've run tech dungeons with all free stamina, still have not gotten a + egg. I just ran super king 5 times and got one super king total, ONE! Every run was 4 high kings and one super except the first. Rolled 8 rare pulls and got nothing even close to usable.

So f'ing sick of getting trolled on these metal kings.

So Gods Realtalk...

Anubis...

Pretty much. Best chance to score some 10s is in a tri-color dungeon, but even then it's not easy.

Yeah, I went resist/healer. I was totally ready for this. I knew I had one chance and I wasn't going to blow it. Obviously my rank ups weren't for nothing and so it's not like I wasted my time. I just have to remember to keep my expectations lows. I'm looking forward to pulling nothing but mermaids next god fest. :)

You're being too optimistic. You have to aim for water elementals and golems. :D

OTIX

Got very lucky on the super king dungeon. Ran it six times and got 6 supers and 8 normal kings. Hera ate well tonight.

Colby

There seems to be a lot of Horus love. I guess I'm just terrible at making matches, since getting four attribute matches consistently doesn't sound like something I can do. I'll have to practice.

J0dy77

There seems to be a lot of Horus love. I guess I'm just terrible at making matches, since getting four attribute matches consistently doesn't sound like something I can do. I'll have to practice.

Practice and pair with Isis when running a lot of normal dungeons. Making 3 combos and keeping damage up helps a lot for clearing one or two mobs.

I have an old iPhone as a backup in case my 5 ever shits the bed. Can I download P&D on that phone with my iTunes account and have it on that phone without interfering with my current game. They wouldn't overwrite one or the other would they?

Alright got some questions for you all:

First off, finally got my Shiva here:

I'm sitting on some +eggs right now. Would you guys feed them to Shiva? Or would it better served to something else?

Also, looking forward, here's my team for Zeus. This will work, right? I just need to throw levels on everyone, right? Getting Vampire max skilled is taking forever. Only Skill Lvl 3.

Colby

I was thinking about using Riders in a Horus team. They are dual element and are great orb changers. What do you guys think, are their low stats too sucky to be useful?

And a quick reminder to get your Rainbow Keepers while they are on 2x drop. It ain't no fun when you really need them and they won't drop for you.

I was thinking about using Riders in a Horus team. They are dual element and are great orb changers. What do you guys think, are their low stats too sucky to be useful?

And a quick reminder to get your Rainbow Keepers while they are on 2x drop. It ain't no fun when you really need them and they won't drop for you.

Somebody had a Gryps Rider that I used. Turned light to dark and heal to light. So I used him then used siren then used a mystic dark knight and the entire board was dark and I one shotted everything. It was fun. Is that the downside to them?

Save up your pal points for the rippers and do a 10-20 pull, it's easier to get them through the pal machine IMO.

10-20 pull means just saving up twenty pal pulls and doing em all on one go? Does it up your chances or something?

Yeah I was wondering about the riders. Their stats aren't even that terrible. Their attack is excellent and they are supposed to be getting an HP buff with 5.1. Depending on how much they get they could actually become valuable subs. Does anyone know how much of an HP increase they are getting?

razterik

I have been reading Super King results posted in a few different places. On average, it looks like the feed exp reward is actually worse per stamina than running regular metal dragons and getting one king per run (not generally the case, but quite feasible right now with 2x kings).

Gungho, why you so mean.

Cerity

10-20 pull means just saving up twenty pal pulls and doing em all on one go? Does it up your chances or something?

Yep, do them in one go. Im not sure on exactly how it works, but it's a lot less frustrating than pulling one at a time, receiving trash 10 times in a row and then getting something you want/can use :p

At rank 34 No Magic Stones 6k Gold and at the Tower of Flare Dungeon:

Level 36 Siren The Enchanter
Level 31 Dark Dragon Knight
Level 8 dark Mystic Knight
Max level Keeper of Rainbow
Max level Keeper of flame
Max Level Tyrra

I'm trying to build a Dark Team though I do like Siren's Healing abilities. Not sure if I have a team good enough for my level or if I should just re roll till I get a better starter leader.

My planned build was
Vampire Lord(Leader)
Dark Dragon knight
Keeper of Rainbow
Black Dragon
Siren The Enchantress

All maxed forms eventually. Is this a decent team or should I remap my strategy? Reroll or keep going with what I have now?

Colby

At rank 34 No Magic Stones 6k Gold and at the Tower of Flare Dungeon:

Level 36 Siren The Enchanter
Level 31 Dark Dragon Knight
Level 8 dark Mystic Knight
Max level Keeper of Rainbow
Max level Keeper of flame
Max Level Tyrra

I'm trying to build a Dark Team though I do like Siren's Healing abilities. Not sure if I have a team good enough for my level or if I should just re roll till I get a better starter leader.

My planned build was
Vampire Lord(Leader)
Dark Dragon knight
Keeper of Rainbow
Black Dragon
Siren The Enchantress

All maxed forms eventually. Is this a decent team or should I remap my strategy? Reroll or keep going with what I have now?

Today would have been the perfect day to re-roll. A Siren is a fantastic party member, and its leader skill will get you through the earlier levels, but I would re-roll until I got one of the great monsters listed in the OP. You can certainly keep going and carve out a good team; it'll just be harder than if you would have started with a better monster.

razterik

He can sub on a Fire team, but can't lead one. He needs a rainbow team since his leader skill activates with 4 different color matches. He is pretty useless for some dungeons that have less than 4 colors (weekend dungeon, current ancient dragons). Excellent roll if you are willing to practice matching orbs to get used to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom