• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeKillr

So we have Gold Dragons today, but it seems like it's a single dungeon (like super metals yesterday) and not 3 appearances? That's what the wiki says anyway... Which would *suck*.

Kosh

Does seem strange. Normally Gold Dragons have been 3 times like normal Metals and Jewels.

[US] 4/17/2013
-Wednesday Dungeon (2x drop)
-Dungeon of Gold (2x king appearance, 20 Stamina, 7 rounds)

THERE IS A CHANCE THIS WILL CHANGE BUT THIS IS WHAT WE GATHERED FOR NOW. ONLY ONE HOUR.

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A 9:00 PDT
B 13:00 PDT
C 17:00 PDT
D 15:00 PDT
E 11:00 PDT
~The schedule is subject to change~

Spring Fever Event 4/12 - 4/21

a. 1 free Magic Stone per day (final Magic Stone may be distributed early on the 22)
b. x5 drop rate for +eggs in the Technical Dungeons.
c. x2 King Dragon rates: Metal/Gold/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Dungeons will appear, and even the SUPER King Dragons might show up!
d. x2 drops/x1.5 Coins for special daily Dungeons
e. x2 Skill Up rate
f. Increased Rare EVO Material drop rates at the PAL Egg

i Had an almost perfect mask run for all my red monsters which is still my main team. Great day so far.

Screenshot_2013-04-17-06-17-32.png

Screenshot_2013-04-17-07-01-18.png

Radav

Wow... that gold dragon dungeon schedule couldn't be happening at a worse possible time for me. I might not be able to run it at all. Dang it..

So everyone else think this 5x + egg rate is a crock? I've been in Techs since the event started and havn't gotten any to drop.

Time to get those masks today!

TimeKillr

My luck has turned apparently. I don't need masks at all so I figured I'd try doing the blue whiskey dragon on master, you know, just to kill 40 stamina.

Not only is it stupidly easy (one-shot every floor except the chimeras) but I also got the drop on my first time on master!

I might do legendary too, as apparently it's also pretty easy, and the only hard fights are the demons...

lenni

It's 6PM for gold dragons for me, pretty OK. Even though I kind of wonder why it's only 1 hour when we had normal days of gold dragons before.

And regarding the + eggs in the tech dungeons, I get 1 or 2 eggs every run, rarely have I got runs without any.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm about to clear my first Master run ever! Feels good. It still boils down to luck of the draw unless you have a stacked team (which I definitely do not), but it's a step in the right direction!

Hills of Iris and after the Comment from George i did Talons Abyss (Darkness, Death, Despair)

Damn thats why I've been doing to. Switched to the first wood dungeon (2nd level) when I needed some green pendgras. I'll try out Talons Abyss some more, guess i'm not running it enough!

Man that sucks about gold dragons only being once. I'm not gonna be able to run it at my time. Not too big a deal since my light monsters are pretty low priority. I do need like 6 mystic masks today though.

SaberVulcan

Man that sucks about gold dragons only being once. I'm not gonna be able to run it at my time. Not too big a deal since my light monsters are pretty low priority. I do need like 6 mystic masks today though.

Same. I don't even think I have enough light monsters to make a 5 man team, and if I do the only one of merit is Apollo.

Thought today started off good, got a Mystic random appearance on round 4, but then the rest of my runs I got zero. Good ol' Wednesdays.

Also, I want this guy so bad ;( http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=564. I wonder if there will ever be a Ninja-fest <_<;

OTIX

God damn you Bowmore, I've done him on Legend 12 times now and he's 0 for 11 on skillups. And not a single Naga drop either.

At least the xp is good, you get plenty of moltdras and Bowmore is actually level 43 just from eating himself, so it's far from a total loss. I just won't be able to max him at this rate.

SaberVulcan

God damn you Bowmore, I've done him on Legend 12 times now and he's 0 for 11 on skillups. And not a single Naga drop either.

At least the xp is good, you get plenty of moltdras and Bowmore is actually level 43 just from eating himself, so it's far from a total loss. I just won't be able to max him at this rate.

What team you using for Legend? I havent touched this dungeon at all, but if you're farming him that easily then maybe I should give it a shot. I've been thinking about a Hermes lead, Neptune friend mono blue with an Enchilada thrown in.

OTIX

What team you using for Legend? I havent touched this dungeon at all, but if you're farming him that easily then maybe I should give it a shot. I've been thinking about a Hermes lead, Neptune friend mono blue with an Enchilada thrown in.
I'm running an all red Ares+Shiva team. It might seem counterintuitive in a blue dungeon but its actually very safe. The only possible danger is the demons on wave 5 and one of them is green so he dies instantly with an orb change. Echidna on wave 9 is easy, I use echidna on her when she's below 50% to prevent a heal. And on the boss I use Ares+Shiva and deal way more damage than needed.

I haven't done the lower difficulties yet, I always wait for 2x, but I'm thinking Master may actually be harder than Legend for this team.

I'm running an all red Ares+Shiva team. It might seem counterintuitive in a blue dungeon but its actually very safe. The only possible danger is the demons on wave 5 and one of them is green so he dies instantly with an orb change. Echidna on wave 9 is easy, I use echidna on her when she's below 50% to prevent a heal. And on the boss I use Ares+Shiva and deal way more damage than needed.

I haven't done the lower difficulties yet, I always wait for 2x, but I'm thinking Master may actually be harder than Legend for this team.

what are your levels? I have a reasonably high level shiva, and a decent red team behind it, so Legendary may just be possible.

I've figured out halfof your team - Ares/Shiva leaders and an Enchilada. Mind filling in the blanks? I'm also assuming this is a fairly highly leveled team? I have a strong green and an improving blue, but I need to figure out red. Thanks!

Yaari

Can anyone with Hermes add me, I want to farm Bowmore but I cant without a evolved Hermes. 360,045,207

Ill get you those Pal points :)

Radav

Holy crap not even 1 point from 11 tries. Damn. I'm too much of a whimp to try legend out even though I imagine I can probably beat it pretty easily with my mono-green team + Shiva sub. They give a pretty sizeable amount of xp then when you feed them huh? I think maybe that'll be what I focus on next week. Farm the crap out of the dungeon and hope to get some skillups and Ill use the xp stuff to continue to beef up my blue team.

SaberVulcan

Interesting. Not possible for me, my only 2 solid teams are Blue and Red, but its interesting to see that even mono-red can sweep this place.

Can anyone with Hermes add me, I want to farm Bowmore but I cant without a evolved Hermes. 360,045,207

Ill get you those Pal points :)

Sent. VulcanPGAF

I started up a new game on my old phone for fun and its amazing the garbage the game gives out on the first roll. Flame Guardians, Naga's. Just sad. I've re-rolled about 6 times and nothing good. Its also sad seeing these people with these low monsters not knowing its not worth it for the most part.

ToxicAdam

You can still get far on junk. Before I rerolled, I had made it all the way up to the Castle of Satan with Sylph, Marine Rider and Light Mech as my only pets worth a damn.

It was at that point I got tired of farming for a healer and decided to reroll.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
All I got from the Godfest was Ra, Yomi, and an Ice Guardian. The pulls on my secondary account weren't even worth remembering except for a dryad (which was something like my 5th dryad on that account and thus is only worth remembering for a negative reason).

I was just one stone away from getting another pull last night but I have a water dungeon up next and my water pets are garbage. Speed running through the game without doing any grinding or levelling plus saving all my stones for godfest and pulling mostly pets with too high of a cost to use on my team left me with too weak of a team to get through (I'm just rank 22 or 23 or something like that) in one night.

OTIX

what are your levels? I have a reasonably high level shiva, and a decent red team behind it, so Legendary may just be possible.
Around 50.

I've figured out halfof your team - Ares/Shiva leaders and an Enchilada. Mind filling in the blanks? I'm also assuming this is a fairly highly leveled team? I have a strong green and an improving blue, but I need to figure out red. Thanks!
I use a Gigas because it's convenient to have a max skill orb changer. I use Horus for his high stats and extra damage for the green demon and boss, but it's not really needed. And I use two Echidnas just to be super safe, and some extra RCV. Ares, Shiva and one Echidna are really the only ones that are needed though, everything else can be replaced.

Alright got some questions for you all:

First off, finally got my Shiva here:

I'm sitting on some +eggs right now. Would you guys feed them to Shiva? Or would it better served to something else?

Also, looking forward, here's my team for Zeus. This will work, right? I just need to throw levels on everyone, right? Getting Vampire max skilled is taking forever. Only Skill Lvl 3.

Anyone? Feed eggs to Shiva, or not?

octagon69

Banned
Thanks for the SHiva Kyle.

Got me that ancient water dragon after it costing me 2 runs and 4 stones on master.

Forget Legendary for now. All red team is too brutal.

I would think not... don't use Shiva in enough teams, right? Echidna would be preferable if it's to be a red.

I had that reservation, but I figured if I put the eggs on Shiva, people on my friendlist could make use of it. Enchilada never gets leader time. I feel like it's too long to wait for Zeus.

Around 50.

I use a Gigas because it's convenient to have a max skill orb changer. I use Horus for his high stats and extra damage for the green demon and boss, but it's not really needed. And I use two Echidnas just to be super safe, and some extra RCV. Ares, Shiva and one Echidna are really the only ones that are needed though, everything else can be replaced.

what kind of HP are you looking at before your friend leader? I think I can run this, I just want to make sure I don't waste 50 stam.

mercviper

what kind of HP are you looking at before your friend leader? I think I can run this, I just want to make sure I don't waste 50 stam.

If you have enough damage to burn down the wood demon then you only need like 20k HP total when you include your friend's leader.

Edit: What team do you plan on bringing?

19 - 20K should be fine. Just make sure to have skills stored up for floor 5. You should be able to one-shot the wood demon. When the water demon gets lower in health, it starts doing this multi-slash attack for 14K. Just be prepared for that. Should be smooth sailing until floor 9. What's your fire team look like?

MONO RED TEAMS #1

J0dy77

Finally got the Blue Ancient, had one last frustrating moment this morning when I forgot to bring Viper delay for the boss and he promptly one shot me with his special ability, I even had 75% water resist. Hopefully this turns the tide on the awful week of luck I'm having.

MicH

Sucks when the only thing you need to evolve Hades ia Dark Kepper.. which I should've gotten yesterday. WHY do I keep getting Light Keepers instead :( And the same goes for Dark Divine Masks. GO AWAY LIGHT MASKS

SaberVulcan

wow. From rare eggs?

Yep. 2 or 3 godfests ago, when it was Norse... I pulled 2 Loki's in a row.

Sucks when the only thing you need to evolve Hades ia Dark Kepper.. which I should've gotten yesterday. WHY do I keep getting Light Keepers instead :( And the same goes for Dark Divine Masks. GO AWAY LIGHT MASKS

In this base. I have been feeding Light Keepers to my Blue Golem to level up his skill... while keeping 6 in my boxes. The masks I just hold onto until I need space. Currently sitting on 11, vs 4 Dark.

OTIX

8800 HP, depending on the Shiva helper I have like 33-35k which is a bit overkill tbh. Just make sure to charge skills before the demons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom