• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's been a while since I've done this, but I feel like there's a lot of folks here who have gained a LOT of knowledge and would be of assistance to me.

I'm posting my main monsters. Without "hoping for a good pull", can I put together a team that is able to take on the really high level dungeons? Obviously I'd have to grind mats and such (to raise skills), but I used my 100 day login + Spring pulls and got crap. I refuse to spend anymore money on this game, so it's all whatever the game hands me at this point.

I've been rolling with Odin + Amaterasu Ohkami with some decent success, but it's only proven to be good through the Expert level dungeons. Anything above that is a complete gamble.

For Size said:
9miH6vw.png

19hCQA5.png

19 - 20K should be fine. Just make sure to have skills stored up for floor 5. You should be able to one-shot the wood demon. When the water demon gets lower in health, it starts doing this multi-slash attack for 14K. Just be prepared for that. Should be smooth sailing until floor 9. What's your fire team look like?

MONO RED TEAMS #1

Lvl 52 Shiva (HP 2281)

Skill Lvl 4 Level 22 Gigas (HP 1170)
Lvl 30 Echidna 5* Skill Level 2 (HP 887)
Lvl 24 Pheonix Knight Horai (HP 1339)
Level 21 Ardbeg (HP 1626)

I figure with an ares this is 21909 HP before Ares's HP is factored in. The biggest gap will be RCV (1061 x 1.5 total)

raiot

It's been a while since I've done this, but I feel like there's a lot of folks here who have gained a LOT of knowledge and would be of assistance to me.

I'm posting my main monsters. Without "hoping for a good pull", can I put together a team that is able to take on the really high level dungeons? Obviously I'd have to grind mats and such (to raise skills), but I used my 100 day login + Spring pulls and got crap. I refuse to spend anymore money on this game, so it's all whatever the game hands me at this point.

I've been rolling with Odin + Amaterasu Ohkami with some decent success, but it's only proven to be good through the Expert level dungeons. Anything above that is a complete gamble.
You have all the components of a very good Valkyrie healer team. You have a decent Adk team, and you could try a blue team team, too. With an evolved Thor and verche your able to field a good light team too! You have a Freya and some decent greens, so this is not half bad. I think your best bet is an Valkyrie team! Evolve the sirens and naga. Valk + echnida + Lilith+ siren+ siren is a vey strong team.
If you get a dspinas you can field a strong dark team. Just train the valk team and kill Hera next time!:)

Valk Team:
Valk Leader, Siren, Siren, Echidna, Lilith
- Can take out Hera. Pair with a friend's Orochi
- Paired with another Valk, is pretty damn strong. Only downside is a shallow HP pool.

ADK team:
- evolve your green knight, score another dark dragon (dark mech or maybe green mech)

Fire Team:
Busty evolve your fire starter, echidna, echidna, gigas, red dragon.
- You can probably score a red knight if they ever come back. It would be better if you had another orb switcher to go with your titan/gigas

edit:

you can also field a green or dark team. You can try and get a Dark starter and busty evolve. The green team is missing a sub. You can have cat lady as leader, with subs: adk, odin, GED. Can probably get another ADK, or a Green Mechdragon.

I see you have a blue noel dragon, too. I've heard of people building water tank teams with dual noel blues, a couple sirens, a blue golem, and another blue sub.

You actually have a lot of options. Save up your free stones, and try your luck at the next god fest again. You've got some viable teams to build on, though you may be missing some key subs here and there (green and blue heart > orb switchers are very helpful). I have the most experience with mono-red teams, so I would lean toward that just for familiarity. The red starter is a good substitute for red norse (freyr). Pair that with a friend's Ares or Shiva and you'll do pretty well. I'm pretty sure someone here on GAF is running with a team like that.

moop1167

Should I have spent time leveling up skills of my monsters before evolving them? I am slowly getting stuff to higher evolutions, such as a crystal aurora dragon now, but I never really had anything to skill him up with. I've never pulled another blue dragon so I was just leveling him up like normal. I just don't get how I am meant to skill up a high level monster because in order to do that i'd need an exact match.

Now I feel like I am screwed because no matter what I do I can't beat this stupid Expert Mask room because I can't charge my skills up in time, and by the fourth round I get smoked.

Should I have spent time leveling up skills of my monsters before evolving them? I am slowly getting stuff to higher evolutions, such as a crystal aurora dragon now, but I never really had anything to skill him up with. I've never pulled another blue dragon so I was just leveling him up like normal. I just don't get how I am meant to skill up a high level monster because in order to do that i'd need an exact match.

Now I feel like I am screwed because no matter what I do I can't beat this stupid Expert Mask room because I can't charge my skills up in time, and by the fourth round I get smoked.

Pick a monocolor team and charge them all on the first round. only match stuff at the top and one at a time. red is preferable because of shiva also being red.

moop1167

Pick a monocolor team and charge them all on the first round. only match stuff at the top and one at a time. red is preferable because of shiva also being red.

I don't have a Shiva nor have I seen any on my friends list. The only reds I have worth a damn are Firedragon Tyrannos and an Echidna at level 68. I haven't found anything else yet.

Would a purple team work? I do have a Vampire Lord, Dark Dragon Knight, Vritra, and Keeper of Rainbow. I tried charging in the first round but accidentally hit a damn purple and my Vamp Lord powered their attacks up. Should I use a different leader then? I don't have anything all that special other than a 6 star Amaterasu.

There are 2-3 gaffers who put up shiva every Wednesday; friend them up.

Purple team won't work due to the lack of a way to instagib each round, and the monsters you're putting in your purple team are TOO strong for masks anyways. With a low level team you won't accidentally sweep round 1 if you make a match.

Don't bother skilling up crystal aurora dragon since his skill resets after every evolution. It's pretty much only worth it to skillup monsters whose skills remain constant throughout evos.

moop1167

There are 2-3 gaffers who put up shiva every Wednesday; friend them up.

Purple team won't work due to the lack of a way to instagib each round, and the monsters you're putting in your purple team are TOO strong for masks anyways. With a low level team you won't accidentally sweep round 1 if you make a match.

Don't bother skilling up crystal aurora dragon since his skill resets after every evolution. It's pretty much only worth it to skillup monsters whose skills remain constant throughout evos.

I see.. then I guess I'll have to wait a while because I don't have enough powerful monsters of different colors.

Is there a list of monsters that have constant skills?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Valk Team:
Valk Leader, Siren, Siren, Echidna, Lilith
- Can take out Hera. Pair with a friend's Orochi
- Paired with another Valk, is pretty damn strong. Only downside is a shallow HP pool.

ADK team:
- evolve your green knight, score another dark dragon (dark mech or maybe green mech)

Fire Team:
Busty evolve your fire starter, echidna, echidna, gigas, red dragon.
- You can probably score a red knight if they ever come back. It would be better if you had another orb switcher to go with your titan/gigas

edit:

you can also field a green or dark team. You can try and get a Dark starter and busty evolve. The green team is missing a sub. You can have cat lady as leader, with subs: adk, odin, GED. Can probably get another ADK, or a Green Mechdragon.

I see you have a blue noel dragon, too. I've heard of people building water tank teams with dual noel blues, a couple sirens, a blue golem, and another blue sub.

You actually have a lot of options. Save up your free stones, and try your luck at the next god fest again. You've got some viable teams to build on, though you may be missing some key subs here and there (green and blue heart > orb switchers are very helpful). I have the most experience with mono-red teams, so I would lean toward that just for familiarity. The red starter is a good substitute for red norse (freyr). Pair that with a friend's Ares or Shiva and you'll do pretty well. I'm pretty sure someone here on GAF is running with a team like that.

You have all the components of a very good Valkyrie healer team. You have a decent Adk team, and you could try a blue team team, too. With an evolved Thor and verche your able to field a good light team too! You have a Freya and some decent greens, so this is not half bad. I think your best bet is an Valkyrie team! Evolve the sirens and naga. Valk + echnida + Lilith+ siren+ siren is a vey strong team.
If you get a dspinas you can field a strong dark team. Just train the valk team and kill Hera next time!:)

Great tips guys, thank you very much. I'll start focusing on skill ups and levels as I can. I'm sure we'll see the knights come back again at some point, so I'll keep an eye out for them. I'll be busy with leveling those monsters for a bit, though!

What's a boos ancient water dragon expert master strategy

Master? Megalodoran as one leader (for the round 5 fight) and a blue 50% reducer as the other leader (so 75% off blue, and 50% off red) Round five is a Blue Chimera and a red chimera and they can both kill you very quickly at full atk.

This should get you to the boss

Boss strategy there are two sure fire ways of killing him (37,000 hp with 100,000 Defense)

1 : Shiva skill then either wind Mechdragon skill or Green ripper skill = instant death
2: Echidna for extra 3 turns and Neptune poison - as long as in 8 turns you can deal 37,000 damage of poison.

Other than those two? A dual anubis team could break it with a 10 combo (100x team) and it is a tricolor dungeon, but you do not get the resists for the off color chimeras in round 5 ,

mercviper

I am screwed because Shiva is red and I have jack for red monsters. Dammit.

You don't use shiva on masks for her leader skill. Just bring mono-color+shiva and charge skills rounds 1/2 if you can. Being mono-color makes it easy to avoid collateral damage and killing the wave early, as well as lets you take down a turn 1 spawn of a mystic mask with ease. Once Shiva's active is charged, as long as you clear the wave after you use it, it applies to the each of the remaining waves.

OTIX

This gold dragon dungeon is pretty terrible so far. Seems like it would be more efficient to just use off colour xp on my Zeus. Why is the gold dungeon so rare anyway when it's not even useful?

StMeph

This gold dragon dungeon is pretty terrible so far. Seems like it would be more efficient to just use off colour xp on my Zeus. Why is the gold dungeon so rare anyway when it's not even useful?

It's 7 floors instead of 5, and it gives a sizeable chunk of gold too. I don't think that's enough to outweigh it either, especially since we don't have Light element pengdras to absorb the 3* gold dragons.

daw840

It's 7 floors instead of 5, and it gives a sizeable chunk of gold too. I don't think that's enough to outweigh it either, especially since we don't have Light element pengdras to absorb the 3* gold dragons.

Those regular gold dragons are worth good money though, so there's that.

J0dy77

I am screwed because Shiva is red and I have jack for red monsters. Dammit.

I think there was confusion on your original post, no one answered your skill up question. Skill ups only work when the name of the active skill is the same. If you evolve a mob and the skill name changes you lose that skill up. So it's best to check the final Evo of a skill name. I know ripper dragons change every Evo, so skilling up early is useless.

As for shiva, your only using her for her armor break. You could have a team with no red whatsoever and still have it work. You just need to charge her skill and you instantly wipe the dungeon. Search the thread for the full strat. We've discussed it a lot.

Edit: fixed the error slottm pointed out below, long day.

Slottm

Neo Member
I think there was confusion on your original post, no one answered your skill up question. Skill ups only work when the name of the leader skill is the same. If you evolve a mob and the skill name changes you lose that skill up. So it's best to check the final Evo of a skill name. I know ripper dragons change every Evo, so skilling up early is useless.

As for shiva, your only using her for her armor break. You could have a team with no red whatsoever and still have it work. You just need to charge her skill and you instantly wipe the dungeon. Search the thread for the full strat. We've discussed it a lot.

It's the active skill that counts, not the leader skill. Clarifying this to avoid confusion for people.

SaberVulcan

Not sure whats worse: running Dungeon of Dark ~25 times and getting only 4 Mythlits, or getting 0 skillups after feeding the 4 Big Baddies to your Vampire afterwards.

Yaari

I thought I had Bowmore on farm status but then suddenly I started dieing each time I tried. I've killed him 10 times now but the last 3 tries were horrendous. Not sure where it went wrong. Might have to give up on max skilling him. Only got Skill Lvl. 2 so far anyway.

As rare as the gold dungeon is, light pengdras aren't going to be much use either right? They will be super difficult to evolve, and they don't give that much more exp than light carbuncles/demons.

Not sure whats worse: running Dungeon of Dark ~25 times and getting only 4 Mythlits, or getting 0 skillups after feeding the 4 Big Baddies to your Vampire afterwards.
I would suggest waiting until Friday to do this. That way you can run Sprites a bunch of times and pick up a lot of amelits. Then take advantage of the 1/2 stamina dungeon of dark to get baddies and more amelits. I was able to get 20 or 30 baddies doing this, and almost maxed my vamp lord in one day.

Farming vamp is mind numbing. I have run the Witches ball in castle of Satan at least 20 times have seen him twice dropped zero times. He fits perfectly with my Siren, The Enchantress. It will be a long night. =/

Gonna get to level 20 on another phone over and over again till I get Spinon. Lil Black dragon has'nt dropped for me either. Last ten PAL eggs have been crap.

Colby

Farming vamp is mind numbing. I have run the Witches ball in castle of Satan at least 20 times have seen him twice dropped zero times. He fits perfectly with my Siren, The Enchantress. It will be a long night. =/

Gonna get to level 20 on another phone over and over again till I get Spinon. Lil Black dragon has'nt dropped for me either. Last ten PAL eggs have been crap.

Farming for Vampire will probably take a long time. I was lucky enough to get it from a PAL pull. I wish you luck with that.

So I've been practicing with Horus, and I can get it to proc 40-50% of the time. Better than when I started, but not nearly good enough. It's going to be tough to use it effectively. Isis fits my play style much more; I'd give up my entire roster of monsters just to have one Isis!

I will say that Horus forces me to focus and strategize much more than I've done before in this game, and that's really rewarding when I'm going good.

Can you guys help me with a team? I was thinking:

Horus
Amaterasu Ookami lvl 90
Abyss Neptune lvl 82
Cu Chthulu lvl 25
King Siegfried lvl 32

That just covers all the elements. There's not much strategy except turning hearts into colors. Here's my box (Amaterasu has +65 to it [not shown: Mystic Knights, Rippers, various dragons]):

screenshot2013041803023.png

Take out Siegfried and put in Echidna; Horus is glass cannon as fuck and you'll need the extra turns of delay against bosses that you can't one-shot.

I'm thinking of reverse busty-ing my Neptune to Heaven so I can slot Vamp Lord on my Horus team for his skillupable heartbreaker. You might want to consider the same.

ParityBit

So I figured it's time to start my Isis team. Seems like this is a good way to get away from my autoheal team sometimes.

Can I get some advice as to what monsters I should level up and make a team out of? This way I can clean out my boxes too!

So, I have my Isis leader ... Now I need the rest.

Red
Ardbeg, El Dordao, Muspelheim, MVD, Tyrannos, Echidna, Minerva, Shaitan, Chimera, Titan, Mystic Flame Knight

Blue
Nirai Kanai, Hermes, Snow Dome, I&I, CAD, Undine, Fenrir Knight, Siren, Shardra, Mystic Ice Knight

Green
Canopus, Horai, Artemis, Marine Rider, ADK, GED, Susano, Toyceratops, Mandrake, Earth Guardian, Brachio

Light
Shangri-La, Ammy (max lvl), Thor, Indra, LHD, Angel, Machine Golem Mk. II, Fairlio, Mystic Light Knight

Dark
Hadar, Elysion, Gryps Rider, Loki, CDD, Tiamat, Vampire Lord, Lilith, Dark Golem Mk. II, Pierdra, Mystic Dark Knight

i ran through castle of satan and the firsts stages of the green water zone afterward yesterday. got like 3 mythlits. I run half stamina fire dungeon 6 times 0 rubylits. Bitch game i need my naga to evolve.

So I figured it's time to start my Isis team. Seems like this is a good way to get away from my autoheal team sometimes.

Can I get some advice as to what monsters I should level up and make a team out of? This way I can clean out my boxes too!

So, I have my Isis leader ... Now I need the rest.

Red
Ardbeg, El Dordao, Muspelheim, MVD, Tyrannos, Echidna, Minerva, Shaitan, Chimera, Titan, Mystic Flame Knight

Blue
Nirai Kanai, Hermes, Snow Dome, I&I, CAD, Undine, Fenrir Knight, Siren, Shardra, Mystic Ice Knight

Green
Canopus, Horai, Artemis, Marine Rider, ADK, GED, Susano, Toyceratops, Mandrake, Earth Guardian, Brachio

Light
Shangri-La, Ammy (max lvl), Thor, Indra, LHD, Angel, Machine Golem Mk. II, Fairlio, Mystic Light Knight

Dark
Hadar, Elysion, Gryps Rider, Loki, CDD, Tiamat, Vampire Lord, Lilith, Dark Golem Mk. II, Pierdra, Mystic Dark Knight

Red: Echidna for the reasons I've stated previously
Blue: you have Isis
Green: Probably Susanoo for his 5-turn reduction buff
Light: your choice, probably whatever of your monsters currently has the highest stat totals, which I'm guessing is Ammy
Dark: Vamp lord for the previously stated reasons

Obviously for one of the current Tricolor dungeons you'll want to run with equivalent subs instead of the light and dark monster.

Anyone have an abyss Neptune i could borrow i have enough stamina to run the expert water dungeon and level up and then go back to farming plants.

I have an evolved ares for your red teams if you want to keep me on.

got 7 plants in 4 runs so far.

Meh - I've grabbed 4 plants in 3 runs. Not great, but I don't really need a ton of them right now. I need a rainbow sperm, but I can't get one to drop when I see it. I guess tomorrow will be the best day for one!

Think i'm up to 14 in 8 runs.

I require the rainbow sperm as well for ma Hades. Going to hit up the metal dungeons today as well. Might finally evo Lilith

J0dy77

Well, totally forgot about the gold dragon dungeon.

I did pretty decent with the gold dragon, burned all stamina and ran it four times. I took it as a chance to upgrade some side projects. Evolved Venus to second form and then busty evolved her to light dark. Will be nice to have a light/dark resist if needed and her stats are really nice as 7 star.

Farming vamp is mind numbing. I have run the Witches ball in castle of Satan at least 20 times have seen him twice dropped zero times. He fits perfectly with my Siren, The Enchantress. It will be a long night. =/ .

I've farmed Vampire on both of my devices through Witch's ball. I wouldn't suggest running it outside of the weekend when the drop rate is 1.5x. It definitely takes time but for low level accounts this should be a priority IMO. You get great experience, have a shot at 2 of the best mobs in the game (Enchidna and Vamp) and then still have lilith that could drop as well.

So I've been practicing with Horus, and I can get it to proc 40-50% of the time. Better than when I started, but not nearly good enough. It's going to be tough to use it effectively. Isis fits my play style much more; I'd give up my entire roster of monsters just to have one Isis!

Can you guys help me with a team? I was thinking:

Horus
Amaterasu Ookami lvl 90
Abyss Neptune lvl 82
Cu Chthulu lvl 25
King Siegfried lvl 32

That lineup would work well but I'd work on fitting Vampire and Titan with Max Skill in there at some point. Having the 5 round orb change to clear hearts is a huge key to success. The Chu and Siegfried are nice but in normal dungeon clears you might not even charge their skill at 11 turns.

I'm going to make a full post on horus to hopefully help out a lot of the questions we've been getting.

Radav

Had a really nice start to my PAD day today. Ran Ancient Water on master and picked up the dragon drop. Then I had a bunch of left over stamina and ran the adept level of the same dungeon and between the two I got 8 moltdra. lol Then randomly got a King Metal dragon during an Ocean of Heaven run I used to level up. After all that, 9 runs of today's dungeon netted me 18 dragon plants. Now I'm trying to decide whether I wanna use today's free stone on running a bunch of the Metal Dragon dungeon or for more dragon plants. Probably my best bet is to just use it on the plants since that will net me much more xp. I'd like to get a bunch of Kings to feed to my Hera though...

J0dy77

Horus/Isis Team Highlights and Strategies:

It seems like a lot of people picked up Horus on this last event, that's great... can't wait to see more on my list. I was thinking of posting some videos of tricks I've learned running him full time for the last few weeks. I haven't wiped in long time and haven't hit a scenario where I couldn't match 4 colors in a while.

When running normal dungeons don't run double horus, run Isis friend. Especially while practicing matching 4 color combos. 12x is more than enough time to wipe any round you're going to face in normal and will one or two shot most bosses (16x from double Horus is overkill). The 3x you get from an Isis 3 color combo is enough to wipe at least a couple mobs in a normal round if you need to stall or cant match 4.

Here's the lineup I use with no issues:

Horus, Duke Vamp Lord (Max Skill), Holy Ceres (Green/Yellow), Enchidna, Valkyrie, Isis Friend.

This team works really well on normal/tech because there is a ton of healing 2k+ with over 10k HP. I can take a few hits in rounds when trying to charge skills and heal back to full with a few hearts.

Few things to point out:

Max Skill Duke Lord Vamp and Max Skill Gigas are probably the two best mobs you could put on a Horus/Isis team for running Normal and Tech Dungeons. The way the team works you are going to one shot every round with 12x combos. With most normal/tech dungeons you only have 7 rounds so characters like, Chu, Siegfried and Valk might not get charged in time for the boss if at all.

Enchidna is another very important piece, being able to stall to charge her delay on certain bosses will make or break a run. Using the 3x combo from Isis to wipe a couple of early round mobs then tank hits from one or two remaining mobs makes this easy.

Here are the best mobs that I can think of in these teams

Vamp, Gigas, Valk, Chu Chu, Siegried, Enchidna, Viper Orochi. Viper is only going to be used for special event dungeons where you'll have the time to charge his 25 round delay. After those guys you just want to fit your best overall stat mobs and colors with your team.

Let me know if there is any round of a dungeon you want me to make a video for. I'm through all of the tech dungeons and in Ocean of Heaven right now on normal. I've been saving the normal dungeons so I don't get bored but don't think there would be a problem clearing higher.

that 4mil xp curve is ridiculous.

My hades is at 73, which gives him 2230/1302/349 and 1.9mil xp

lv99 gives him 2871/1510/456 @ 4mil xp.

So....i need about 2.1mil xp (53 metal kings) for 641/207/107.

Dayum. Don't see that happening

To expound on J0dy77, with a Horus team you actually need to match a minimum of 5 colors each turn, with the fifth color being heal orbs. As you fail to match up heal orbs turn after turn they'll start piling up on the board and eventually lock out a color, preventing Horus from activating.

This is why a max SL heartbreaker is almost a necessity on a Horus/Ra team; they make it easier to eliminate heart orbs. Consequently either Vampire or Gigas are recommended since they're the only mobs we can currently easily skill up.

raiot

Just as an Info:
The Path and Decision App added a practice mode that allows you to practice the selected route and shows error and time.

First run: 3 plants, 1 fruit, and flower.
Second run: 4 plants, 1 flower.
Third and forth: 3 carbuncles, 1 flower, 1 plant

:|

All i see is 9 plants in 4 runs. Anything better than 2:1 is great as far as I'm concerned. I'm sitting on 11:6 (including one with no plants) right now which is around what i was averaging last week, without the 2x event.

That said i agree that after getting four, only having one drop is kind of disappointing. I think they should remove the round 4 flower and exchange it with a plant. Going into this dungeon guaranteed one plant would make it a lot more fun.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
that 4mil xp curve is ridiculous.

My hades is at 73, which gives him 2230/1302/349 and 1.9mil xp

lv99 gives him 2871/1510/456 @ 4mil xp.

So....i need about 2.1mil xp (53 metal kings) for 641/207/107.

Dayum. Don't see that happening

It's not worth it. Going to 99 is never really worth it. It's just something to achieve.

It's not worth it. Going to 99 is never really worth it. It's just something to achieve.

So where exactly is the ideal place to stop focusing on one particular monster? What sucks is that most of the more powerful monsters have an exponential stat curve and don't really see their biggest increase until after level 70, when it is most expensive. Lately I've been getting then up to around fifty then shifting focus. Once I hit one level per pengdra its hard to keep going.

SaberVulcan

So where exactly is the ideal place to stop focusing on one particular monster? What sucks is that most of the more powerful monsters have an exponential stat curve and don't really see their biggest increase until after level 70, when it is most expensive. Lately I've been getting then up to around fifty then shifting focus. Once I hit one level per pengdra its hard to keep going.

I am currently getting most of my monsters between 30-50 (50 for leads), but you are right that most of the gods have exponential stat curve. I will probably try to get them up to around 70 to hit that biggest increase mark and then just keep them there.... pretty much forever. If the monsters arent gods or just have a linear stat growth then I will keep them around 50.

Edit: Its really random now that I look which monsters have the linear growth and which have a curve. Looking at my 2 main leaders, Loki has a curve, while Hermes is linear. Very odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom