• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radav

If you want your normal team to ever be able to clear legend level dungeons, it most certainly is worth it.

Gotta agree with you here. Once you've gotten to a certain point it's most definitely worth it to start trying to max stuff out. Especially when you're talking about those gods with exponential stat curves. You're leaving a lot of stats on the table if you stop around 70.

Gotta agree with you here. Once you've gotten to a certain point it's most definitely worth it to start trying to max stuff out. Especially when you're talking about those gods with exponential stat curves. You're leaving a lot of stats on the table if you stop around 70.

Yeah right now I'm mostly focused on getting my blue and green teams to level 50, and my dark team as high as possible. Once I've accomplished that I'll start pushing towards max levels.

On another note I'm having trouble deciding who to put on my last slot on my red team. Right now I'm running Shiva/Shiva with Echinda, Max skill Gigas, and Phoenix Knight Homura, all around level 60. I've been using a level 30 MVD in that last slot but i dont think that's necessarily the way to go. My other options include:

Minerva
Ares
Another Echidna
Flame Mech Warrior Jotunn

Nothing really jumps out in terms of great stats and active skill. I've considered switching to Ares leader with Shiva as the last sub, but that would mean a big hit to HP and RCV. I think my best option would be a Horus or Chiyome but I'm really hesitant to do any more rare pulls, especially with such specific hopes.

MicH

Yeah right now I'm mostly focused on getting my blue and green teams to level 50, and my dark team as high as possible. Once I've accomplished that I'll start pushing towards max levels.

On another note I'm having trouble deciding who to put on my last slot on my red team. Right now I'm running Shiva/Shiva with Echinda, Max skill Gigas, and Phoenix Knight Homura, all around level 60. I've been using a level 30 MVD in that last slot but i dont think that's necessarily the way to go. My other options include:

Minerva
Ares
Another Echidna
Flame Mech Warrior Jotunn

Nothing really jumps out in terms of great stats and active skill. I've considered switching to Ares leader with Shiva as the last sub, but that would mean a big hit to HP and RCV. I think my best option would be a Horus or Chiyome but I'm really hesitant to do any more rare pulls, especially with such specific hopes.
Echidna to recover RCV from Gigas
Ares for high attack, though low RCV
Jotunn for more HP
Don't use Minerva

I would personally choose Ares. Great active skill. If you feel you're really suffering recovering health, go with another Echidna

SaberVulcan

Minerva has the best stats out of those, but probably the worse abilities.

Ares is probably the best of both worlds, in terms of stats and actives.

Enchidna you cant really go wrong with, but she isnt too stellar on the stats front.

And then theres the Mech, who I would just say is another emergency button, if you need it.

Slottm

Neo Member
You're probably best off using shiva main, freyr friend, with gigas/phoenix knight, echidna and the last slot is open for whatever. Horus is ideal, but you can sub it with another echidna for the time being. 2 shivas is really low attack, and on a red team HP isn't as important (since gigas gives so much), therefore 1.5x 3/3 is probably better than 2.25 all around.

About leveling? 2 lvl 50 teams isn't going to get you much further than expert level dungeons, maybe trickling into some master levels. Focus on one team to 99? You'll be clearing masters NP, and possibly some legendary. Having 1 strong team is far better than 3-4 weak ones.

mercviper

I'm a fan of 4x/2x/2x atk/rcv/hp from Ares lead + friend freyr/tyrranos.

But you need evolved Ares for that. Since you said you'd take an HP hit from putting in Ares I guess you haven't evolved him? Should get on that ASAP if not and use Shiva til you do.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

While I disagree that you need to max anyone out to do legendary, because I don't have anyone maxed out and do just fine, I think it's better to raise everyone to, say, 75 than to have 1 guy at 99 and the rest at 30. Even if there's a dungeon that can only be done 0-stone with level 99 monsters, it'd be far more efficient to just spend a stone to finish that dungeon than to spend many more stones (or spend additional weeks farming) just to be able to 0-stone clear it.

Slottm

Neo Member
That's short sighted. Spend a stone to clear the dungeon every time, or level your team and don't spend stones on the dungeon at all in the future, on repeated clears/farm status. I'm sure the people that spent 20 stones clearing zeus the first time wish they could have spent 20 stones on leveling a team enough to 0 stone clear it in the future.

Nobody said keep the rest of your monsters at lvl 30 while having one at 99, but it's foolish to think there's no point maxing out a team just because it's "hard". What's the purpose of the game then? The cycle is simple: Farm monsters to feed your monsters, level your monsters up, progress. These are realistically the only two things you can even do in this game.

You're probably best off using shiva main, freyr friend, with gigas/phoenix knight, echidna and the last slot is open for whatever. Horus is ideal, but you can sub it with another echidna for the time being. 2 shivas is really low attack, and on a red team HP isn't as important (since gigas gives so much), therefore 1.5x 3/3 is probably better than 2.25 all around.

About leveling? 2 lvl 50 teams isn't going to get you much further than expert level dungeons, maybe trickling into some master levels. Focus on one team to 99? You'll be clearing masters NP, and possibly some legendary. Having 1 strong team is far better than 3-4 weak ones.

Yeah I know I should be more focused. But it's so tempting to have more options.

commish

That's short sighted. Spend a stone to clear the dungeon every time, or level your team and don't spend stones on the dungeon at all in the future, on repeated clears/farm status. I'm sure the people that spent 20 stones clearing zeus the first time wish they could have spent 20 stones on leveling a team enough to 0 stone clear it in the future.

Nobody said keep the rest of your monsters at lvl 30 while having one at 99, but it's foolish to think there's no point maxing out a team just because it's "hard". What's the purpose of the game then? The cycle is simple: Farm monsters to feed your monsters, level your monsters up, progress. These are realistically the only two things you can even do in this game.

I know what you're saying, but I just don't think that's the case because very little, if any, content really requires you to have a 99 level team. I shouldn't say there's no point to go to 99, but that I think, when resources are so limited, time is better spent elsewhere than going from 75 to 99. And keep in mind I say this as I am currently waiting on sapphire pengdras so I can max out my blue team - so I'm doing it too. I just think for most ppl with limited time, they'd be better off focusing elsewhere than on getting monsters to 99.

Slottm

Neo Member
Options are always great - taking those rippers to 30/50, leveling your sirens to 50ish with max skill, having rainbow keepers, etc on deck. This is always worth it - but when you have a truly powerful monster usable in a variety of situations, the monster becomes very worthwhile to max out, since their utility is that high. Hades (the original monster in question) is a staple member for dark teams, god/zeus teams, egyptian teams, even certain resolve teams or against bosses that require gravity.

commish

Options are always great - taking those rippers to 30/50, leveling your sirens to 50ish with max skill, having rainbow keepers, etc on deck. This is always worth it - but when you have a truly powerful monster usable in a variety of situations, the monster becomes very worthwhile to max out, since their utility is that high. Hades (the original monster in question) is a staple member for dark teams, god/zeus teams, egyptian teams, even certain resolve teams or against bosses that require gravity.

Yeah that's how I feel about Neptune. Just a boss for so much, even if you don't need poison.

J0dy77

I think his point was to slowly level many useful pets, instead of investing all your focus into one.

Yeah I know I should be more focused. But it's so tempting to have more options.

I always fall into the max more characters option, you're getting more value bringing more mobs to final evolution or 50's as long as you're going to use them.

I could have used my gold dragon net to put about 10 levels into Valkyrie who I'm using frequently but decided to evolve Venus and then final evolve her to 15 just to have her if needed.

I think it comes down to what you plan to do an setting goals. When Hera came around I dumped everything I could into a team that could complete it. Right now my focus is Horus and clearing as much as possible in normal and tech. When it feels like Zeus might pop up again I'll work on a dark team. Longest term goal would probably be maxing key mobs.

Regarding maxing-out monsters. I hit a pretty hard wall in the normal dungeons with my ADK team, once I hit Vesta Cave and beyond. My monsters levels were around Lvl.70 and it's the first time in the normal dungeons that I had to switch strategies and slowly beat most levels with Odin and various resist monsters. I eventually maxed out my ADK team, and I've since reverted back to it for farming those previously unbeatable dungeons during 1.5x events. Maxing out my ADKs and CDKs made a huge difference in being able to reliably kill those 600K+ HP bosses with 11K+ defense. And ADK and CDK have flat exp curves with very small gains at high levels. Yet, it was still enough to make the difference needed. The gains would be even greater with gods, since they have exponential growth curves, and really benefit from higher levels. And really, since I've started farming for +1 eggs, maxing-out monsters no longer seems like an impossible chore in comparison.

I'm obviously an IAP player, and enjoy collecting and building various teams, but if I were to play for free, I think it would be even more important to focus on maxing out only 1 or 2 teams before building other ones. In fact, for free players, I think an ultimate evolved Starter Dragon team is probably the best team for them to focus on maxing out. Just pair it up with one of the new Greeks of the same element.

Regarding maxing-out monsters. I hit a pretty hard wall in the normal dungeons with my ADK team, once I hit Vesta Cave and beyond. My monsters levels were around Lvl.70 and it's the first time in the normal dungeons that I had to switch strategies and slowly beat most levels with Odin and various resist monsters. I eventually maxed out my ADK team, and I've since reverted back to it for farming those previously unbeatable dungeons during 1.5x events. Maxing out my ADKs and CDKs made a huge difference in being able to reliably kill those 600K+ HP bosses with 11K+ defense. And ADK and CDK have flat exp curves with very small gains at high levels. Yet, it was still enough to make the difference needed. The gains would be even greater with gods, since they have exponential growth curves, and really benefit from higher levels. And really, since I've started farming for +1 eggs, maxing-out monsters no longer seems like an impossible chore in comparison.

I'm obviously an IAP player, and enjoy collecting and building various teams, but if I were to play for free, I think it would be even more important to focus on maxing out only 1 or 2 teams before building other ones. In fact, for free players, I think an ultimate evolved Starter Dragon team is probably the best team for them to focus on maxing out. Just pair it up with one of the new Greeks of the same element.

makes sense. I guess the only difference between the ADK/CDK and gods....is the 3mil vs. 4mil xp curve. Which can be pretty daunting with just Pendgras (2xKing is a nice event, but not as consistent).

I think I'll take my guys to the 70's and move on until I get to where I'm happy with them.

Slottm

Neo Member
Quite the opposite - ADK and CDK only need 3 mil exp to max, sure...but the gains from maxing out a god or godbased team (hindu/greek/norse) are far greater, since all of the stats get multiplied, rather than just attack. My green team ran a train through two heroes, both ancient dragons (fire/water) on legendary with 0 hiccups. It farms almost all dungeons and has 0 risk. I can use it to farm masks, dublits, rainbow keeper etc within minutes and not have to worry about using beginner type strats such as resolve or poison. The only dungeons that will give me a problem are: Zeus/Goemon/Valkyrie/Hera-Is type dungeons that typically require an egyptian or zeus based team to defeat. It may look daunting, but leveling a team is really simple once you get the hang of it.

Quite the opposite - ADK and CDK only need 3 mil exp to max, sure...but the gains from maxing out a god or godbased team (hindu/greek/norse) are far greater, since all of the stats get multiplied, rather than just attack. My green team ran a train through two heroes, both ancient dragons (fire/water) on legendary with 0 hiccups. It farms almost all dungeons and has 0 risk. I can use it to farm masks, dublits, rainbow keeper etc within minutes and not have to worry about using beginner type strats such as resolve or poison. The only dungeons that will give me a problem are: Zeus/Goemon/Valkyrie/Hera-Is type dungeons that typically require an egyptian or zeus based team to defeat. It may look daunting, but leveling a team is really simple once you get the hang of it.

hahaha guess thats where i'm at. Working on my green team too with Parv, GED, Evil Ceres, 2xADK. Will give the ancient water guy a shot after the event ends and I can pump some more levels into them.

What are the current stats on your green team before multpliers?

lenni

So as my light team needs some good pulls to become better which is why I don't want to put too much EXP into these monsters right now (aside from Verche), I'm focusing on finally building a viable ADK team.
Thing is though, which monster should fill the 5th spot?

Right now I've got
ADK
CDK
CDD
GED
LHD

I'm looking to replace the Lightning Holy Dragon. Should I field a second CDK or a Siren for more RCV? Something totally different?

hahaha guess thats where i'm at. Working on my green team too with Parv, GED, Evil Ceres, 2xADK. Will give the ancient water guy a shot after the event ends and I can pump some more levels into them.

What are the current stats on your green team before multpliers?

Mind if I post mine? I do plan on maxing out the monsters but I am taking a "level them as a whole" approach as opposed to doing it one at a time. Here is my team:

monster/level/hp/atk/rcv
Freyja tGoG/75/2043/1126/452
ADK/75/1984/1173/309
More Cu Chulainn/55/2325/1263/293
ADK/62/1725/1059/294
Parvati tGG/51/1830/1069/349

The team has made multiple Ancient Water Dragon legend runs (well, switching out one ADK for a Shiva) and typically does that using 0 stones. I did an expert mask run yesterday and had no problem. I have not tried it against rainbow keeper but I think it is pretty close to the point where I can.

EDIT: A little clarification on my leveling since obviously there is some disparity among them. I used the higher level ADK as a lead for a long time so I did work on getting him high early on. I have been focusing on Freyja more recently because she typically gets left up as my leader so I want her to be as valuable as possible for any friends who use her (I even added +11 hp and +10 atk - hope that wasn't a waste). I will probably add to More Cu next, then Parv, then the 2nd ADK. When they are all in the 70-75 range then I will start over with Freyja and try to get her into the 80s at least.

mercviper

I guess this begs the question of what team I should focus on now. My current strat is giving on-color XP to monsters I'm going to use, but since I don't really have the components for a blue/green team I was going to funnel my blue/green XP into my red team, which most are around lvl 50. To be specific, I have:

Leader: Max noel//69 Grand Firedragon Tyrranos

54 Homura
39 Gigas max skill
44 Ardbeg
39 Echidna

With a friend Shiva I've been able to farm Legendary Water Whiskey, and did the same for Fire Whiskey, although fire took longer due to 10mil hp -_-.

I also have a fledgling dark team.

Leader: 44 Hell Queen Persephone

Rainbow Keeper
29 Vamp Lord
1 Dark Dragon Knight
1 Dark Dragon Knight

As you can see, it's probably too weak to field anywhere right now. I guess I'm asking if you guys think the potential of the dark team is better than my red team, and enough to warrant a change in priorities.

For those curious about my leveling priorities, for my red team the current plan is: lvl 70 Gigas -> 500k xp into Ardbeg -> Max Firedragon -> Max Homura -> Max Ardbeg. Not sure if I want to leave Gigas unevolved or not. I probably have enough HP and I'm hesitant about taking a RCV loss on a team that's already pretty low in RCV. At this point also, Echidna's super low stat growth is really unappealing so I'd jump focus for sure to another team.

For the dark team, likely it'll be as such: Get both DDKs to 70->get Vamp to 70-> Evolve duke and level to ~40 -> Evolve CDKs and level each to ~40 -> Max Persephone -> Max CDKs -> Max Vamp

Mind if I post mine? I do plan on maxing out the monsters but I am taking a "level them as a whole" approach as opposed to doing it one at a time. Here is my team:

monster/level/hp/atk/rcv
Freyja tGoG/75/2043/1126/452
ADK/75/1984/1173/309
More Cu Chulainn/55/2325/1263/293
ADK/62/1725/1059/294
Parvati tGG/51/1830/1069/349

The team has made multiple Ancient Water Dragon legend runs (well, switching out one ADK for a Shiva) and typically does that using 0 stones. I did an expert mask run yesterday and had no problem. I have not tried it against rainbow keeper but I think it is pretty close to the point where I can.

EDIT: A little clarification on my leveling since obviously there is some disparity among them. I used the higher level ADK as a lead for a long time so I did work on getting him high early on. I have been focusing on Freyja more recently because she typically gets left up as my leader so I want her to be as valuable as possible for any friends who use her (I even added +11 hp and +10 atk - hope that wasn't a waste). I will probably add to More Cu next, then Parv, then the 2nd ADK. When they are all in the 70-75 range then I will start over with Freyja and try to get her into the 80s at least.

Ah you have better monsters than I do.

Parv tGG : 72/2212/1183/386
GED : 27/1703/1021/138
Evil Ceres : 55/1709/874/472
ADK : 60/1892/1120/291
ADK : 36/1418/952/264

Pretty defensive team if I go Parv/Parv. Parv/Artemis is rather offensive. I don't use Parv/Freya much as I like the HP boost.

Think i'll pump a few more levels and try the blue whiskey next week

daw840

I think I'm to the point if just dumpling every bit of experience into my fire team. So far it consists of the following

Firedragon Tyrannos level 63

MVD level 29
Flare drall level 61
Echidna level 38
Phoenix knight level max (will be evolved tomorrow)

I also have these fire types to sub in

Whiskey fire dragon (team cost keeps me from using him currently)
Shaitan level 6, 4 star

Not really sure where I should go from here. I need to farm for a Gigas eventually to replace the MVD. Or I could just wait until my team cost is high enough to replace the MVD with the whiskey dragon. Idk.

Goal:
nPy9jPu.png

(Leader)Moondragon Lunar D'spinas
Duke Vampire Lord
Chaos Devil Dragon
Chaos Dragon Knight
Siren, the Enchanter

Rank 42 Progress:
uL86ABU.png

(Leader)Siren, the Enchanter Level 36 +6
Dark Dragon Knight Level 43 +7
Keeper of Rainbow
Big Baddie Level 25

Fifth slot get's filled with whatever does most damage cause my cost is pretty high. If I were to Score a Loki or Persephone I may work them in but they are so rare to get that I'm focusing on stuff that can be farmed.

I'm using Big baddie solely cause he has vampire's skill of turning Hearts Into Dark orbs. Every 5 or so turns the combination of Siren, Dark Dragon Knight and Big Baddie turn all gems dark.

OTIX

I think I'm to the point if just dumpling every bit of experience into my fire team. So far it consists of the following

Firedragon Tyrannos level 63

MVD level 29
Flare drall level 61
Echidna level 38
Phoenix knight level max (will be evolved tomorrow)

I also have these fire types to sub in

Whiskey fire dragon (team cost keeps me from using him currently)
Shaitan level 6, 4 star

Not really sure where I should go from here. I need to farm for a Gigas eventually to replace the MVD. Or I could just wait until my team cost is high enough to replace the MVD with the whiskey dragon. Idk.
Don't spend any more xp on MVD or flare drall, they're not good team members in the long run. Ardbeg is better, a Gigas would be great. Other options might be a red golem and a second echidna if you can get them. Levelling up Tyrannos is very efficient since he's on the 1.5m curve, spend your xp on him and the Phoenix knight for now.

daw840

Don't spend any more xp on MVD or flare drall, they're not good team members in the long run. Ardbeg is better, a Gigas would be great. Other options might be a red golem and a second echidna if you can get them. Levelling up Tyrannos is very efficient since he's on the 1.5m curve, spend your xp on him and the Phoenix knight for now.
Ok. I hadn't planned on spending anything more on the MVD but I really thought the flare drall was worth maxing. Thanks for the heads up.

So as my light team needs some good pulls to become better which is why I don't want to put too much EXP into these monsters right now (aside from Verche), I'm focusing on finally building a viable ADK team.
Thing is though, which monster should fill the 5th spot?

Right now I've got
ADK
CDK
CDD
GED
LHD

I'm looking to replace the Lightning Holy Dragon. Should I field a second CDK or a Siren for more RCV? Something totally different?
I'd insert your second CDK in place of the LHD. ADK's skill competes with Siren's for Fire orbs, and CDK uses up the Light orbs that LHD needs. 2 ADKs(including friend) and 2 CDKs complement each other very well. Then, you have 2 additional slots to play around with depending on what you need. You can keep those rippers for extra fire power, insert an Echidna for extra defense, a Knight to break armor, etc.. But I would keep those 4 monsters as a core to build around. Actually ADK/Fortoytops/GED/CDD/CDK/ADK was the team I was fielding for a long time, until I got another ADK and CDK to replace the rippers.

Ok. I hadn't planned on spending anything more on the MVD but I really thought the flare drall was worth maxing. Thanks for the heads up.
The Toy Dragons are excellent utility monsters to have around, but unless you have a surplus of XP mats, it's not necessary to really level them up. They have poor stats even maxed out. Their most useful attributes are their skills, both active and leader.

lenni

I'd insert your second CDK in place of the LHD. ADK's skill competes with Siren's for Fire orbs, and CDK uses up the Light orbs that LHD needs. 2 ADKs(including friend) and 2 CDKs complement each other very well. Then, you have 2 additional slots to play around with depending on what you need. You can keep those rippers for extra fire power, insert an Echidna for extra defense, a Knight to break armor, etc.. But I would keep those 4 monsters as a core to build around. Actually ADK/Fortoytops/GED/CDD/CDK/ADK was the team I was fielding for a long time, until I got another ADK and CDK to replace the rippers.

Thanks, that's kind of what I guessed. Too bad Echidna still eludes me. Maybe I'll finally get one during the weekend.

moop1167

So I guess I am at the point where I can't just try to steamroll dungeons. I finally managed to beat Keeper of Rainbow but I am at Tomb of the Saint - Expert and just barely managed to beat the first one.

I guess I have to start farming for certain monsters now. I actually got a succubus luckily but it's going to take forever to level her up.

Are there any other important monsters I need that can be farmed and not pulled from the rare egg machine? I still don't have a purple dragon and a red dragon, but I have run those dungeons like 20-30 times each and got no drops.

I am having trouble not using Vritra as my leader because the 2x damage to god types is so nice since I have a 6 star ammy and all of the dragons minus the red and purp. Anytime I use something else it sucks not to have a multiplier.

daw840

So I guess I am at the point where I can't just try to steamroll dungeons. I finally managed to beat Keeper of Rainbow but I am at Tomb of the Saint - Expert and just barely managed to beat the first one.

I guess I have to start farming for certain monsters now. I actually got a succubus luckily but it's going to take forever to level her up.

Are there any other important monsters I need that can be farmed and not pulled from the rare egg machine? I still don't have a purple dragon and a red dragon, but I have run those dungeons like 20-30 times each and got no drops.

I am having trouble not using Vritra as my leader because the 2x damage to god types is so nice since I have a 6 star ammy and all of the dragons minus the red and purp. Anytime I use something else it sucks not to have a multiplier.

Do you have a mono color team?

I was stuck at the same place then I created a mono red team and I steamrolled through quite a few more dungeons.

Cerity

I've just been glass cannoning dungeons with an ADK team past tomb of the saint - expert (technicals too). I really should get on getting my mono-colours (have enough for a mono-green/blue and possibly yellow)going but im having fun levelling other things. Siren is nearly evolved, levelling another DK, finally got all my rippers to their final forms, gettings mats for a titan evolve e.t.c

moop1167

Do you have a mono color team?

I was stuck at the same place then I created a mono red team and I steamrolled through quite a few more dungeons.

I don't have enough of any of the colors to make a mono color team. Maybe dark? Vritra, Vamp Lord, Dark Dragon Knight, Yomi, but Succubus I literally just got so she's like level 5.

I have enough blue maybe but only one or two are high enough level, with the Crystal Aurora Dragon being my only dragon that is the highest evolve it can be.

I don't have enough of any of the colors to make a mono color team. Maybe dark? Vritra, Vamp Lord, Dark Dragon Knight, Yomi, but Succubus I literally just got so she's like level 5.

I have enough blue maybe but only one or two are high enough level, with the Crystal Aurora Dragon being my only dragon that is the highest evolve it can be.
Looks like a good core to start of mono Dark team with. Instead of Vritra, make Vamp Lord your leader and pair up with Vamp/Duke, Loki, or Persephone friends. You already have 2 orb changers in Vamp Lord and the Dark Knight, and Yomi's skill can be very powerful if you learn to use it well. And of course, Succubus can quickly kill low HP/high defense monsters like Divine Masks, Ifrit, etc..

J0dy77

Thanks blue Whiskeydragon for giving me an extra PAL roll every day due to Abyss Neptune

Ha! You can count me in for a bunch of those Pal points. I've been using your Neptune every day. Want Neptune so bad!

This is a good thing really. I remember not even paying attention to the early dungeons. Right around where you are the game gets harder and you have to pay more attention. You'll have more appreciation for some of your monsters as you build a more focused team.

Colby

Jody and Cosmo, thanks a ton for your answers! I 100% agree that Duke Vampire Lord is an excellent monster for a Horus team. Skilling one up, though, is a HUGE pain. I guess it's something I'll have to do eventually, since Vampire Lord is a great monster on other teams, too.

Jody and Cosmo, thanks a ton for your answers! I 100% agree that Duke Vampire Lord is an excellent monster for a Horus team. Skilling one up, though, is a HUGE pain. I guess it's something I'll have to do eventually, since Vampire Lord is a great monster on other teams, too.

Ask me about my two max SL Valks and one max SL Vamp Lord on JP PAD lol

I really hope we get the Ragnarok dungeon; it drops evolved slimes commonly so you don't need to waste time evolving your devls and flammies to skill up your heartbreakers.

Kosh

[US] 4/19/2013
-Friday Dungeon 2x drop -
-Ruby Dragons 2x king appearance, 20 Stamina, 5 rounds

SCHEDULE TIME HAS CHANGED!
It seems like the schedule is starting at 6am PDT now. Will have to watch it for a few days to see if its the event that changed it temporarily or if its a permanent change...probably give it to the end of this event since that is what caused a discrepancy to begin with. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
The times are listed in PDT.

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 6:00 11:00 16:00
C: 7:00 12:00 17:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00
~The schedule is subject to change.~

Spring Fever Event!!

4/12(Fri) - 4/21(Sun)
a. 1 free Magic Stone per day (final Magic Stone may be distributed early on the 22)
b. x5 drop rate for + Eggs in the Technical Dungeons.
c. x2 King Dragon rates: Metal/Gold/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Dungeons will appear, and even the SUPER King Dragons might show up!
d. x2 drops/x1.5 Coins for special daily Dungeons
e. x2 Skill Up rate
f. Increased Rare EVO Material drop rates at the PAL Egg

J0dy77

It was definitely a chore getting Vamp to max skill but rewarding once you do. My suggestion for maxing skill is to do it casually while you level vamp. Wednesday all day is the 1/2 dark dungeon and Friday it is 1/2 stamina starting at 6pm pst. Run the final level over and over for 3 stamina. I had very good luck getting an almost a one to one or 2 to 1 ratio for baddies to glow worms. You should get around 1 baddie per run.

On the Gigas front, I'm kicking myself for not realizing red goblins shared the same skill. I've wasted or sold so many of them.

Quantum

ugh this blue whiskey is insanely difficult for me (non-paying)!

I'm back up to rank 100ish, and I can sleep through adept and expert, but holy heck - master and legend are insane. I tried dual resist with a siren but the chimera(?) on level 5 destroys me - I tried a red and blue resist and get crushed before 5.

><

btw - I finally decided to buy dokuro and ragnarok odyssey in support of gungho, I just cant justify giving this game money with no offline play and shitty gotcha pulls - but wow, the amount of time I've put in I feel I OWE gungho at this point. hopefully they localize the ds version - I'll buy it in a second.

Radav

Need to hit the Friday dungeon hard today. 0/3 on Dub-Mythlits but I got 4 Dub-Amelits. Going to hold on to those for any future busty evolves I might need to do. I was really happy to see that we'll get 2 days of full Sapphire and Emerald dragons most likely tomorrow and Sunday. I'll probably use a stone to grab as much of those as I can. I've got 17 blue pengdras all ready for tomorrow. lol Hopefully I'll have some luck later on with today's dungeon. If not I might use today's free stone to try some more. Has anyone ever had any luck with a dub-mythlit anywhere else?

Fuuuck lol, so i pulled for the new green mons but i left it up and while pressing start i just went straight back to the pull screen and i hit pull again not thinking. Thanks Undine and Genie i dont need you.

I'm 100% convinced that once you connect to a dungeon, the server looks at the possible drops and then the drops YOU NEED, and then turns on the "fuck you" option.

Ran the dungeon of sprites I think 4 times. All I need is 3 blue sprites. Simple.

Purple - 4
Yellow - 5
Green - 5
Red - 4
Blue - 1

No fucking way its bad luck. This happens wayyyyyyyy too much on shit. I might as well just ran Dungeon of Water. This game....man. Trollllololololllolofucklolololllllll.

Man this sucks. I didn't get around to pengdra farming on Monday because I needed emerald dragons. Now I have ~75 boxes full of plants and dragons. I feel like it will be a waste of stamina to try pengdras this weekend when they're so easy to get on Monday. Plus I still need to pick up the legendary flame dragon. And I'll want to run dragon dungeons again with 2x kings but my box is mostly full. I hate stamina management...

I'm 100% convinced that once you connect to a dungeon, the server looks at the possible drops and then the drops YOU NEED, and then turns on the "fuck you" option.

Ran the dungeon of sprites I think 4 times. All I need is 3 blue sprites. Simple.

Purple - 4
Yellow - 5
Green - 5
Red - 4
Blue - 1

No fucking way its bad luck. This happens wayyyyyyyy too much on shit. I might as well just ran Dungeon of Water. This game....man. Trollllololololllolofucklolololllllll.

I know that feel. Took me 11 runs last Friday to get 1 dub amelit. It should be at least a 33% chance in the last round alone. Although I would suggest running dungeon of water if you want blue sprites. In the future, try doing it on Monday or Thursday when it's half stamina. Way more stamina efficient.

TimeKillr

Okay so 2x Kings is bullshit.

I've ran Ruby 8 times this morning - 2 kings. Not a SINGLE high.

There's some problem on GungHo... Previously I was averaging 1 king per run.. :(

That's just the way statistical probability works. It's rarely an even distribution, even though we expect it to be.
Still, the chances of 10 runs in a row without a dub amelit is like 1%. After a full day of running that stupid dungeon it was really easy to convince myself that it's fixed. From now on I'm playing it safe and collecting materials before I'm ready to evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom