• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radav

I haven't gotten a mystic mask drop at the last stage of Wednesday dungeon for the last 16 runs.

That's unreal! I do feel like sometimes there is this anti-drop aspect working against you. 16 runs with no mystic mask drop... jesus. Can you run the ocean of heaven levels on the weekend when the drop rate is increased? The last two weekends I've gotten 2 of them after about 10 runs. Nowhere near what I need but it's something. There's always the random King Metal drops too which are nice.

Quantum

Still, the chances of 10 runs in a row without a dub amelit is like 1%. After a full day of running that stupid dungeon it was really easy to convince myself that it's fixed. From now on I'm playing it safe and collecting materials before I'm ready to evolve.

gungho has *never* published statistics - don't ever assume 1% for anything.

I think people would be a bit shocked with the actual statistics, we tend to want things to be higher and assume that the numbers are in our favor - they are certainly not.

lenni

So I've started playing the JP version and just reached rank 20.
Anyone able to trade gifts with me, or even better, wants to be on my friend list?
My ID is 113,562,712 and my first pull was a Shiva.

On the other hand absolutely no blue Pengdra drops. I seriously need some to free up box space!

edit: Man, I'm just stupidly lucky on JP version. Got blue and green golem to drop on the first encounter. I just hope I'll be similarly lucky with Naga and Titan.

gungho has *never* published statistics - don't ever assume 1% for anything.

I think people would be a bit shocked with the actual statistics, we tend to want things to be higher and assume that the numbers are in our favor - they are certainly not.

I did some quick math to try and figure it out, I didn't just make up a number. With 2x drop every stage has a guaranteed drop. I just assumed that since there are three monsters in the final round, that its a 33% chance for each. So the probability of any one of the the three not dropping ten times in a row is (1-.33)^10=1.5%.

So I've started playing the JP version and just reached rank 20.
Anyone able to trade gifts with me, or even better, wants to be on my friend list?
My ID is 113,562,712 and my first pull was a Shiva.

On the other hand absolutely no blue Pengdra drops. I seriously need some to free up box space!

edit: Man, I'm just stupidly lucky on JP version. Got blue and green golem to drop on the first encounter. I just hope I'll be similarly lucky with Naga and Titan.
I added you. Typically run either Great Valkyrie or Loki as leaders, although that will probably change as soon as I put a few levels into Horus and Indra.

TimeKillr

I did some quick math to try and figure it out, I didn't just make up a number. With 2x drop every stage has a guaranteed drop. I just assumed that since there are three monsters in the final round, that its a 33% chance for each. So the probability of any one of the the three not dropping ten times in a row is (1-.33)^10=1.5%.

But that assumes that all 3 monsters have the same drop rate, which we cannot possibly know.

But that assumes that all 3 monsters have the same drop rate, which we cannot possibly know.

That's true, but it's a reasonable assumption. Regardless of the drop rate, if the drops are determined completely randomly, its a very low probability of 10 in a row without the drop.

Radav

That's true, but it's a reasonable assumption. Regardless of the drop rate, if the drops are determined completely randomly, its a very low probability of 10 in a row without the drop.

Yeah it's not like you're referring to the Dub-Mythlit which you would assume would have a lower drop rate then the other 2. So it really does seem like something weird is going on when you really need to get something and it takes forever to happen. I had something like that happen early on trying to get a dark keeper and all I got was 7 light keepers in a row. lol

Pacman2k

Ok my mythlit (regular, not dub) shortage is starting to really hinder me. The friday dungeon is sucking all my stamina away and I'm getting -nothing- for it.

Is there another place I'm missing out on to farm these besides low Tech dungeons and Friday dungeon?

Killing me. All I want to do is evo my Ceres.

Ok my mythlit (regular, not dub) shortage is starting to really hinder me. The friday dungeon is sucking all my stamina away and I'm getting -nothing- for it.

Is there another place I'm missing out on to farm these besides low Tech dungeons and Friday dungeon?

It took me two weeks of double drop fridays to get the six mythlits that I needed to evo my Amaterasu, Neptune, and Hades. (this is even with Farming lower technicals for Mythlits as well)

Previous to drawing those three Rares, I had probably sold 4 of them, and they would drop regularly from the technicals.

Now its all about the Dub-Amelits (only need two more), I already have 6 Dub-Topalits and four Dub mythlits. Are any monster better in their light busty evos?

Pacman2k

I think Ceres is nice for a light busty which is exactly what I am going for right now.

But it's mostly because it's a great fit for what I need on my Horus team.

I know that feel. That weird swing of luck when you're getting things you don't need. I have no need whatsoever for mythlits, but I've been getting them hand over fist over the last three weeks.

Are any monster better in their light busty evos?
Venus and arguably Neptune. Light/Light Venus gets a 60% Light damage reduction leader skill and is not affected by Dark bind. Water/Light Neptune is the only monster with 50% Water/Light damage reduction. The Water/Dark reduction can be gotten from the much more common Drawn Joker. Also as Cosmo also said, Water/Light Neptune allows you use a max-skilled Duke on a Horus team. That said, I chose the Abyss path for my Neptune, because it seems more useful as a friend helper for more of the dungeons currently in the game. It also works in Hera-Is' dungeon as well as pairs well with her as a party member. I'd still like a Heaven Neptune eventually.

J0dy77

Farming Vamp progress. Ran the dungeon about 100 times. Seen him twice dropped zero. 2% drop rate my ass.

Same with lil black dragon.

I would stay away from farming vamp except on the weekends. You get 1.5x drop rate on Witch's ball and have a shot at Vamp, Echidna and Lilith 3 key members for any box. I've gotten him to drop on both my accounts but it took multiple weekends running Witch's ball consistently. It will happen, just stick with it.

razterik

Not that we will ever know for certain, but assuming drop rates are a constant number is probably folly. There is every reason to think that Gungho manages rates based on the results they see over time. It would be trivial to do so from a programming perspective and would allow them far greater control as a business.

I would stay away from farming vamp except on the weekends. You get 1.5x drop rate on Witch's ball and have a shot at Vamp, Echidna and Lilith 3 key members for any box. I've gotten him to drop on both my accounts but it took multiple weekends running Witch's ball consistently. It will happen, just stick with it.

All weekend or what days specifically?

I'm just kinda stuck in Polar Knight tower at the moment. So grinding away has been less stressful. But yeah I'll probably wait to make the grind more worth it(and grind on my other phone to twenty to try and get the dark starter dragon.)

Does Pluto valley ever get an increased drop rate?

Where can i find this info?

mercviper

I'm just kinda stuck in Polar Knight tower at the moment. So grinding away has been less stressful. But yeah I'll probably wait to make the grind more worth it(and grind on my other phone to twenty to try and get the dark starter dragon.)

http://puzzledragonx.com/en/bonustime.asp

Thanks again BetaTester for maintaining puzzledragonx. It's been super helpful for all of my planning needs.

Radav

Maaan, 0/5 looking for a dub-mythlit today so far. One more shot then I'll try to farm one on Monday in the tech dungeon. Hopefully I'll get one then. I need one to evolve my Siegfried to his final form.

I evolved my Shiva earlier and just stored up 5 king rubies to feed him. I got a great, moving him from level 1 to 47!

I had enough to feed the rest of my red team so this is what I am looking like right now:

Shiva, the Destroyer - 47
Gigas - 35
Ardberg - 33
Phoenix Knight Homura - 38
Echidna the Red Empress - 49

I have enough in reserve right now for another 7 pendgras, but I am hoping to get at least one more run in on the ruby dingeon. How does it look?

daw840

Sweet! Got my Phoenix Knight Homura finally evolved! Now I'm dumping EXP into him!

I'm burning through tech dungeons now with my Mono Red team. I just need to go grab a Titan to round out that team. I just have so much other shit I want to do....lol

Anyone have an Ares up and want to friend me?

Is there a dark character who can turn hearts into dark orbs? I have a Siren he Enchantress right now but since I'm not planning to use her as a leader later I'm wondering if there is a dark that has a similar skill.

The Green Realm in the Ancient Stone Shrine event is at the Rare Egg Machine from now until 4/25 @ 11:59 PM PDT.

If you were looking to score some fantastic Wood Attribute Monsters, now's the time to do it!

Event includes:

- Alraune 203
- Ancient Dragon Knight 231
- Artemis 571
- Bastet 494
- Ceres 126
- Cu Chulainn, the Green Spearman 224
- Fafnir 117
- Fortoytops 296
- Freyja 372
- Parvati 240
- Sarutobi Sasuke 559
- Susano 136
- Sylph, the Wind Elemental 357
- Wood Mech Warrior Asgard 318

Bah. Does this mean I should not spend my rare eggs now if I'm don't want any wood?

Is there a dark character who can turn hearts into dark orbs? I have a Siren he Enchantress right now but since I'm not planning to use her as a leader later I'm wondering if there is a dark that has a similar skill.

The only really useful heart to dark changer is vampire lord. Big baddies also do it but their stats are pretty awful.

Bah. Does this mean I should not spend my rare eggs now if I'm don't want any wood?
In general you don't ever want to pull outside of the occasional godfest. If you're a new player with not many good monsters, pulling might be good, but if you don't want any green monsters right now, definitely not.

The only really useful heart to dark changer is vampire lord. Big baddies also do it but their stats are pretty awful.

In general you don't ever want to pull outside of the occasional godfest. If you're a new player with not many good monsters, pulling might be good, but if you don't want any green monsters right now, definitely not.

oopps I meant turned anything to hearts. A dark healer?

Jagernaut

Drawn Joker is a dark monster that changes light orbs to heal. You can search for "guard stance" on puzzledragonx.com to see all the monsters that can change color orbs to heal orbs.

Cerity

drawn joker isn't really a healer though.

Aside from the gods, Siren is the only decent healer that does x orbs to heal orbs.

J0dy77

Think this might have been answered but I was referencing, "castle of satan - witch's ball" level. It's 1.5x drop rate all weekend. As long as something else doesn't drop first in the round and he shows up, the drop rate seems pretty good with 1.5x.

Splat

Alright, I need some guidance of where to throw my exp and who (if anyone) to try and farm. I'd like to be able to get the water whiskey before it ends. Most have zero skillups so far apart from Echidna.

Current importants:

Red:
L17 Ardbeg
L47 Freyr tGoV +1
L18 Muspelheim
L21 MVD +2
L19 Ifrit +2
L25 Phoenix Knight (not final evo yet)
L37 Echidna (4 star)
L25 Tyrannos
L10 Naga

Blue:
L17 Blue Noel
L16 Beast Rider
L13 CAD+2
L35 Undine
L16 Fenrir
L35 Plesios
L11 Ice Golem

Green:
L46 Sarutobi Sasuke
L30 Green Odin
L30 Parvati
L37 ADK +15
L14 GED
L30 Earth Guardian
L35 Brachys
L10 MSK
L12 Dryad

Light:
L39 Amaterasu Ohkami +7
L13 Genie
L16 Verche
L10 Fairlio
L15 Machine Golem
Max level lil'white dragon (need evo mats)

Dark:
L42 Loki +1
L36 CDD
L31 Moondragon D'Spinas
L30 Thanatos
L32 Vampire Lord +1
L22 DDK
L23 Lilith +1
L15 Dark Golem Mk2

I figure green's probably my best set of monsters, though I have been working on red a little to try and take blue whiskey master that way. I have too many things that could all use levels though and am trying to figure out what to focus on. If anyone else has a need of a Freyr tGoV friend my ID is 338 049 248.

xCobalt

I'm planning on running the legendary dungeon for Bowmore tomorrow. I'm thinking of using a blue team with Noel and Echidna. Gonna use a Neptune as the other leader. Would this strategy work out?

razterik

Ancient Water will probably be 2x tomorrow afternoon, so if you just want the dragon, your odds on Master will be pretty good. If you are going for the stone, then I would save your run for a non-2x time frame, since the bonus drop rate will be mostly wasted on Legend.

For strategy, make sure to kill masks before they bind water. Are your subs strong enough to get past the floor 5 demons? You need about 27k HP if they both use Evil Slash the same turn. Take down the Hellice demon first since it will have no resist to water. Neptune needs to be at least 1373 in ATK to take Bowmore in 8 turns.

BetaTester

Neo Member
PDX 19 Apr Update
- Search functionality has been improved
- Monster drop down box is removed.
- Exact and partial searches are supported. (ie. Tyr for Tyrannos)
- You can further refine your search results.
- You can sort the search results.

You can now search by monster name or number, dungeon name, skill name or leader skill name.
This will help you find what you are looking for quicker!

For dungeon search, you do not need to enter difficulties, just the name.
You can leave off wording like; "No RCV", "Legend" and "Expert".
--------------------

Using the skill search will tell you what monsters have the skill that you are looking for.
Here are some examples of skill searches:

1) Bonus ATK to Dragons
- Enter "dragon atk"

2) Bonus ATK to Gods (x2+)
- Enter "god atk 2"

3) Bonus HP, ATK to Wood pets
- Enter "hp atk wood"

4) Damage Reduction skills
- Enter "reduce" or "half" or "barrier"

5) Orb changing skills
- Enter "change fire"

6) The fastest way to navigate to the Hera Dungeon ( Goddess of the Darkness )
- Enter "god dark"

Note: This is a skill name and description keyword search and will only match exact words in the skill description.
Please try again if your search results are not exactly what you are looking for because Gungho can be inconsistent
with some of their naming conventions. For example, in some descriptions "RCV" is called "Heal".

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

xCobalt

Hey betatester, are you planning to change the home page at all? Such as the schedule for the jewel dragons or whatever event that's happening.

BetaTester

Neo Member
Aww, I loved the drop-down box. Why'd you get rid of it?

can just use the search instead :\

The reason why the drop down box was there because the old search cannot detect exact/wild correctly, monsters like Ra is bugged and I have no time to deal with that.
If you know the number or part of the monster name, the new search is doing exactly what the drop down box did. well, unless you don't want to type :p

Hey betatester, are you planning to change the home page at all? Such as the schedule for the jewel dragons or whatever event that's happening.

hmm hp will not change in a short time, I will improve the event section later.
Need to fix some other things right now.

Colby

Yeah, typing is difficult for me right now, so I really liked scrolling to the monster I needed info on. I understand that I'm probably in the minority on that, though...

Either way, thanks for maintaining the website. It's awesome work.

Ashodin

puzzledragonx is literally the best site for the game in English, hands down.

Just sayin'.

Also, I fuckin' totally missed out on Dragons yesterday because of the bomber chase. It took over the whole day.

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
I just hit level 23 on the US ios version and have a present to send. I don't have any amazing monsters unfortunatley but Its early days. I did just boost up a level 35 Lillith but thats about as good as it gets after a lowly 11 days of play. Love it though and am really glad I set up a US account to grab it. UK release seems like it will never happen as its been months now.

Code is 310,040,279

Kosh

[US] 4/20/2013
-Ancient Water Dragon 2x drop starting noon PDT
-Weekend Dungeon 1.5x coins
-Sapphire Dragons 2x king appearance, 20 Stamina, 5 rounds

SCHEDULE TIME HAS CHANGED!
It seems like the schedule is starting at 6am PDT now. Will have to watch it for a few days to see if its the event that changed it temporarily or if its a permanent change...probably give it to the end of this event since that is what caused a discrepancy to begin with. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
The times are listed in PDT.

A: 9:00 14:00 19:00
B: 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 6:00 11:00 16:00
D: 7:00 12:00 17:00
E: 8:00 13:00 18:00
~The schedule is subject to change.~

Spring Fever Event!!

4/12(Fri) - 4/21(Sun)
a. 1 free Magic Stone per day (final Magic Stone may be distributed early on the 22)
b. x5 drop rate for + Eggs in the Technical Dungeons.
c. x2 King Dragon rates: Metal/Gold/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Dungeons will appear, and even the SUPER King Dragons might show up!
d. x2 drops/x1.5 Coins for special daily Dungeons
e. x2 Skill Up rate
f. Increased Rare EVO Material drop rates at the PAL Egg

Uthred

Anyone have any thoughts on good subs for an Isis team? At the moment I'm just trying to have one of each colour and go with whatever has the best stats. But I get the feeling there's some synergy with active skills and such that I'm overlooking. I'd like to start aiming at maxing out some monsters but dont want to "waste" it on the "wrong ones". At the moment I'm running:

Water Deity Holy Isis | War Deity Dark Minerva | ADK | Lightning Holy Dragon | Keepr of Rainbow

I've pulled a few times during green events (because I need green...makes sense), and gotten 0 greens. I'm not sure how much it really matters.

J0dy77

Anyone have any thoughts on good subs for an Isis team? At the moment I'm just trying to have one of each colour and go with whatever has the best stats. But I get the feeling there's some synergy with active skills and such that I'm overlooking. I'd like to start aiming at maxing out some monsters but dont want to "waste" it on the "wrong ones". At the moment I'm running:

Water Deity Holy Isis | War Deity Dark Minerva | ADK | Lightning Holy Dragon | Keepr of Rainbow

We've had quite a few posts on this over the last couple weeks. For Isis/Horus teams you want as many heart to orb changers as possible, Vamp, Gigas, Siegfreid, Chu Chu, Valkyre. With the remaining slots filled by your best stat monsters.

I just hit level 23 on the US ios version and have a present to send. I don't have any amazing monsters unfortunatley but Its early days. I did just boost up a level 35 Lillith but thats about as good as it gets after a lowly 11 days of play. Love it though and am really glad I set up a US account to grab it. UK release seems like it will never happen as its been months now.

Code is 310,040,279

Welcome to the thread and the addiction.

Cerity

Pulled hoping for a artemis/bastet/freyja/parvarti. Got sylph, at least it's green and might be useful for the upcoming legendary water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom