• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParityBit

Anyone have any thoughts on good subs for an Isis team? At the moment I'm just trying to have one of each colour and go with whatever has the best stats. But I get the feeling there's some synergy with active skills and such that I'm overlooking. I'd like to start aiming at maxing out some monsters but dont want to "waste" it on the "wrong ones". At the moment I'm running:

Water Deity Holy Isis | War Deity Dark Minerva | ADK | Lightning Holy Dragon | Keepr of Rainbow

I am trying to make one of those teams right now. I was going to try Isis, Ammy, Echidna, Susano, Vamp. But I am not sold on that, I hear conflicting team suggestions!

I also lost all of yesterday watching the bomber stuff. I work 2 towns away from Watertown and have lots of ties to the area, so I was captivated.

J0dy77

Oh also I don't suppose their is a twitter account or anything that notifys you of dragon events and the like?

I am trying to make one of those teams right now. I was going to try Isis, Ammy, Echidna, Susano, Vamp. But I am not sold on that, I hear conflicting team suggestions!

I also lost all of yesterday watching the bomber stuff. I work 2 towns away from Watertown and have lots of ties to the area, so I was captivated.

Glad that situation is over for you, crazy seeing the pictures of an empty Boston.

That's a nice Isis team. Echidna is key for normal runs and buying you time on the bosses, Susano has great stats and Vamp is almost a required mob (max skill as soon as possible). The only one I might take out is Ammy but if she's all you have for light her RCV will help.

I've been thinking about other potential fill ins for Horus/Isis and I'm going to start focusing on leveling my yellow/purple golems for rounds with high defense mobs. Their final stats are nice with high HP and the armor break would make Neptune types pretty trivial.

Kosh

I've been using the Dark team from the Japanese wiki team building page. It has all the colors covered, and with Vamp all four subs get in on the action. I haven't had a problem making three different color combos. There has been very few turns where I didn't make three combos. The Isis team is definitely a fun team to play with and I think it will make you a better player by seeking out more combos on the board.

VcDB8UC.jpg

Got my alt to 20 yesterday and sent myself a present. Took longer than I remember but amazingly enough I got my dark starter dragon! Now to grind for vamp all day.

ParityBit

Glad that situation is over for you, crazy seeing the pictures of an empty Boston.

Thanks. :) It was really crazy. My work was a ghost town too.

That's a nice Isis team. Echidna is key for normal runs and buying you time on the bosses, Susano has great stats and Vamp is almost a required mob (max skill as soon as possible). The only one I might take out is Ammy but if she's all you have for light her RCV will help..

I can remove the Ammy, but with which monster? For light I have Shangri-La, Thor, Indra, LHD, Angel, Machine Golem MK. II and Mystic Light Knight. So I dont know which one to take it's place. I can level up whatever.

I've been using the Dark team from the Japanese wiki team building page. It has all the colors covered, and with Vamp all four subs get in on the action. I haven't had a problem making three different color combos. There has been very few turns where I didn't make three combos. The Isis team is definitely a fun team to play with and I think it will make you a better player by seeking out more combos on the board.

VcDB8UC.jpg

I wish I had half of those. I have an Isis, Minerva and Vampire. Thats all :(

lenni

What's the preferred dungeon to try and get a titan/gigas drop?

Tower of Giants' "Giant Guards" and "Wrath of the Giant".
Especially nice today with 1/2 stamina.
I'm running those levels nonstop on JP right now, but still no Titan. US version gave me 2 without even trying. :/

ParityBit

I HAVE all of those, except the ISIS... :( I have no luck with Aegyptian Gods... :(

So which is better? A Minerva (dual color) or Enchilada? And are there any lights from my list I should use instead of my Ammy? I can spend time leveling up stuff, so thats OK. Just don't know which options to use.

Radav

So which is better? A Minerva (dual color) or Enchilada? And are there any lights from my list I should use instead of my Ammy? I can spend time leveling up stuff, so thats OK. Just don't know which options to use.

What's the dual element of your Minerva? If it's Dual with light then you could go with Enchi and Minerva and you'll have all elements at your disposable for combo making. Otherwise I would just go with your highest level light colored monster.

I really do love the Egyptian gods. Next time they have an egyptian godfest I'm going to go all out and roll like crazy and hope I can pick up a couple more besides Ra. I love Ra and am building up my end game dungeon team with him currently but, I'd like a Horus or Isis for every day normal dungeon farming and stuff. I have the perfect setups to be able to use either one. Horus preferred since he can also be used in the end game dungeons.

What a productive night/day! Grinded till 3 on the morning on someone elses phone to gift myself a pet and got the dark starter dragon i wanted for D'Spinas now I farmed Castle of Satan and got my vampire! Time to level them all.

My dark team is coming together.
Vampire
D'Spinas
Dark Dragon Knight X2
Siren The Enchantress
Keeper of Rainbow

Got all the pieces I wanted. The rest are Gods Like Loki and Persephone that I'll just save my eggs for a monster fest and try to get lucky.

Yaari

Naga droprate for Ancient Water Dragon on Legend difficulty is so shitty, bah.

Edit: Finally max skilled my AWD. Took 4 more Bowmore's. He is level67 now, pretty insane. All by Bowmore feeding.

OTIX

Naga droprate for Ancient Water Dragon on Legend difficulty is so shitty, bah.

Edit: Finally max skilled my AWD. Took 4 more Bowmore's. He is level67 now, pretty insane. All by Bowmore feeding.
I've fed 20 Bowmores so far and gotten a whopping 0 skillups, and that's with the 2x skill event. Also 0 Naga drops. Think I'm gonna give up on this dungeon.

Yaari

Wait what. We aren't getting legendary water, instead we're getting mech light?

I don't get it either but I am guessing it has to do with syncing to the JP version of something, like having Wood event right now while skipping Red.

OTIX, that is pretty brutal. Sometimes these skill up events seem like a total lie. Lol.

J0dy77

I can remove the Ammy, but with which monster? For light I have Shangri-La, Thor, Indra, LHD, Angel, Machine Golem MK. II and Mystic Light Knight. So I dont know which one to take it's place. I can level up whatever.

There are really only a few priorities you need for Isis/Horus teams in normal/tech dungeons, Heal to color orb changers, delay and HP (in that order).

The team is all about killing them before they kill you. You're going to one shot most rounds and bosses. Making sure you can match 4 colors per round maximizes damage. Use Echidna for the delays when you can't one shot something. 10k+ HP so you can tank one or two hits when you run into a tough situation.

Your Ammy is max level and probably has the best overall stats of your box, use her until you have something that might work better. I'm using Venus for Green which isn't great but still works for me because of the solid stats overall.

daw840

Man....this mono Red Team I'm fielding is just kicking ass! I've got my Phoenix Knight Horus up to level 52!

With the 2 Ares on my friends list it works well!

Colby

No problem Cobalt.

And yeah, mono teams are wonderful. It's hard to use anything else after you've had the consistency of a mono team.

Jagernaut

I decided to run the Ancient Water Dragon on Master while it was on 2x drop. Tried it first with an all fire team with Ares/Shiva leaders but was only doing half damage and died before the boss. Tried it again with my green team (Freyja/Artemis leaders) and replaced one of my subs with a Dark Golem Mk 3 to break Bowmore's armor. One shotted the boss and got the drop.

I decided to run the Ancient Water Dragon on Master while it was on 2x drop. Tried it first with an all fire team with Ares/Shiva leaders but was only doing half damage and died before the boss. Tried it again with my green team (Freyja/Artemis leaders) and replaced one of my subs with a Dark Golem Mk 3 to break Bowmore's armor. One shotted the boss and got the drop.

Yeah I think fire is not the way to go on master. In fact I would be willing to bet that Legend is easier than Master with a fire team since Echidna is the boss instead of Siren. I took my level 60ish fire team through Legend and the only issue was almost not killing the blue demon fast enough. With such low recovery, I was barely hanging on once he started his special attack every turn.

Yeah I think fire is not the way to go on master. In fact I would be willing to bet that Legend is easier than Master with a fire team since Echidna is the boss instead of Siren. I took my level 60ish fire team through Legend and the only issue was almost not killing the blue demon fast enough. With such low recovery, I was barely hanging on once he started his special attack every turn.

I completely agree, if my red team was slightly higher leveled, legend would be a cake walk compared to master. dual resisting + fire resist for round 5, Then you still have to have poison or shiva (+ green ripper or green mech) to take down bowmore.

Makes my wonder about the other whiskey's and if any of them will have interesting legend levels

SaberVulcan

Hermes + Neptune team has been sweeping Legendary Ancient Water all night. Pretty happy how safe it is. If anyone is thinking of trying it, just have a decent skill level Siren (mine is 5) for emergencies.

My biggest PAD accomplishment:

~_~

J0dy77

Not much to do today so I figured I'd run CoS a bunch of times for a Vampire, as I've done so so so many times before. Freaking first try.

Congrats. Had the same thing happen on my iPad. It takes a while but it's definitely worth the effort.

Kosh

[US] 4/21/2013
-Legendary Fire Dragon 2x drop starting noon PDT
-Weekend Dungeon 1.5x coins
-Emerald Dragons 2x king appearance, 20 Stamina, 5 rounds

SCHEDULE TIME HAS CHANGED!
It seems like the schedule is starting at 6am PDT now. Will have to watch it for a few days to see if its the event that changed it temporarily or if its a permanent change...probably give it to the end of this event since that is what caused a discrepancy to begin with. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
The times are listed in PDT.

A: 8:00 13:00 18:00
B: 9:00 14:00 19:00
C: 10:00 15:00 20:00
D: 6:00 11:00 16:00
E: 7:00 12:00 17:00

~The schedule is subject to change.~

Spring Fever Event!!

4/12(Fri) - 4/21(Sun)
a. 1 free Magic Stone per day (final Magic Stone may be distributed early on the 22)
b. x5 drop rate for + Eggs in the Technical Dungeons.
c. x2 King Dragon rates: Metal/Gold/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Dungeons will appear, and even the SUPER King Dragons might show up!
d. x2 drops/x1.5 Coins for special daily Dungeons
e. x2 Skill Up rate
f. Increased Rare EVO Material drop rates at the PAL Egg

ParityBit

What's the dual element of your Minerva? If it's Dual with light then you could go with Enchi and Minerva and you'll have all elements at your disposable for combo making. Otherwise I would just go with your highest level light colored monster.

My Minerva is not evolved yet, so only red. Right now I am trying to level up my Vampire. I keep seeing he should be maxed skill. Where can I hunt those to go through the hell of skilling up?

mercviper

My Minerva is not evolved yet, so only red. Right now I am trying to level up my Vampire. I keep seeing he should be maxed skill. Where can I hunt those to go through the hell of skilling up?

You hunt baddies from dungeons of dark and evolve them to get vamp skillups :x

OTIX

This is a new one. I'm happy about the mystic mask, it just looks... weird.

That's the third mystic mask today which is nice because I was almost running out. I actually haven't done the weekly masks or dub-myth dungeons in ages, OoH and Iris takes care of those.

ccbfan

This is a new one. I'm happy about the mystic mask, it just looks... weird.

That's the third mystic mask today which is nice because I was almost running out. I actually haven't done the weekly masks or dub-myth dungeons in ages, OoH and Iris takes care of those.

Which Ocean if Heaven and Iris are you running?

I've had it with crappy luck with Mystic mask, Double rainbow ghost and rainbow ghost on Wednesday and Friday dunegon. A Mystic mask, Double rainbow ghost or rainbow ghost haven't dropped for me in the last stage in the last 25+ tries. (A solo mystic mask stage combo broke what would have been epic bad luck.)

So much stuff I have waiting to be evolved that need these three.

I have a CDK, Fenrir Knight, Verche, Phoenix knight all waiting to be evoled.

Not to forget a dark and blue starter needing ultimate evos plus legendary dragons waiting for ultimate evos (Already have a shit ton of dragon fruits and 3 sets of double orb ghost thingies of each main color)

Also haven't evolved my Thor yet or my Cu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom