• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The game loses 95% of its appeal to me when there's no event going on. Yesterday I didn't even care if my stamina was full and not accumulating. Unheard of!

The game loses 95% of its appeal to me when there's no event going on. Yesterday I didn't even care if my stamina was full and not accumulating. Unheard of!

Yeah same here. I have no reason to run jewel dragons since I have so many left over from last week and kings are too rare. And I did most of my shopping for evo materials last week because of the 2x event. I do need a few Mystic Masks tomorrow. not looking forward to that at all.

yeah, its bad. I guess....progress through the normal content? I'm done with Techs and pretty far into normal dungeons as well, just not much incentive to keep pushing through.

4 runs of Ruby...19 dragons + 1 king. I guess that's ok?

OTIX

Ugh why is Rainbow Keeper sooo slow but soooo required to run x_x
I just did it in under 5 minutes with my Ares+Freyr team.

Now that the starters have their ultimate evolution the mono colour 2/4/2 team is basically the new ADK team. A very very strong team that can easily be put together without any rare monsters. I'm currently working through the highest normal dungeons, just to complete them really, and this team is just beastly.

SaberVulcan

I just did it in under 5 minutes with my Ares+Freyr team.

Now that the starters have their ultimate evolution the mono colour 2/4/2 team is basically the new ADK team. A very very strong team that can easily be put together without any rare monsters. I'm currently working through the highest normal dungeons, just to complete them really, and this team is just beastly.

Hrmm.. well, I have a Loki and Hermes so I could run 1.5/3/3 Dark or 2/4/2 Water and give it a shot... my water team def. has over 22k HP, just worried about recovering it all back since my Siren is skill level 5.

Guess I have time to theorycraft, since my 2nd Keeper run of the day just resulted in no drop, which is almost as disheartening as shit pulls during a godfest.

im trying to figure out if my Ares, Naga, Red Keeper, pheonix knight homura, Volcano Dragon, ? team can take it. I dont want to waste the stamina. I usually have around 23-24k hp.

ccbfan

I try not to run any rainbow keepers on non 2x days.

On 2x days I binge them and basically spend all my stamina on them until I have 8 (3 for usage and 5 for evo mats).

I am using them less and less now though since my Dragons/Golems are starting to get stronger than them.

I try not to run any rainbow keepers on non 2x days.

On 2x days I binge them and basically spend all my stamina on them until I have 8 (3 for usage and 5 for evo mats).

I am using them less and less now though since my Dragons/Golems are starting to get stronger than them.

good man. I'm still sitting on 3-4 from the previous (before last week) 2x event. Best way to do it.

Colby

Hrmm.. well, I have a Loki and Hermes so I could run 1.5/3/3 Dark or 2/4/2 Water and give it a shot... my water team def. has over 22k HP, just worried about recovering it all back since my Siren is skill level 5.

Guess I have time to theorycraft, since my 2nd Keeper run of the day just resulted in no drop, which is almost as disheartening as shit pulls during a godfest.

Yeah, not getting a drop when you really need it sucks. That's why I run the crap out of Tuesday Dungeon when there's a 2x event, whether I need Rainbow Keepers at the time or not, because you'll eventually need them.

EDIT: Or basically what these two guys just said.

J0dy77

Ugh why is Rainbow Keeper sooo slow but soooo required to run x_x

It's the right of passage. We all had to suffer through it with lesser teams. Once you get a team that can beat it quickly, it's a really nice feeling.

I can understand this feeling, I actually enjoyed the lack of pressure yesterday. Had no interest in running Metal dragons with no kings. Just casually ran tech dungeons and cleared some normal. I've been specifically holding off progressing in normal just to save the content. Feels like I would lose some interest in the game without progression to fall back on.

Welcome Canadians!
*P&D Canadian Android Release Announcement*

The US version of Puzzle & Dragons has expanded to include Canada in its service region. You can download it now from the Canadian Google Play Store. The iOS version will be coming soon, and we will keep everyone informed when we have an official date.

Players there will be able to join with those already on the US version and share common events and updates. Welcome to the Puzzle & Dragons family!

375977_617366441625285_1845274920_n.png

J0dy77

Debate for the thread. I just finished Max leveling my Gigas for my Horus team. Do I evolve him to Red Giant or keep him maxed? The team I'm currently running has 3 healers and can usually take a couple hits and then heal back to full. On the flip side, taking the hit in RCV to have 4k HP in one mob might be really nice.

OTIX

I think your Hermes team can do it without any trouble if you have decent RCV. Hermes+I&I skills will take a big chunk of his HP so it's a pretty short fight.

im trying to figure out if my Ares, Naga, Red Keeper, pheonix knight homura, Volcano Dragon, ? team can take it. I dont want to waste the stamina. I usually have around 23-24k hp.
I assume you mean red golem, that team is gonna have very low RCV but I still think you can do it. He will only have time to hit you a couple times at most so golem and echidna should cover you if you're not healed up in time. My red team is pretty strong so he didn't have time to hit me at all.

I mean, don't risk the stamina if you're not confident in your teams. The usual strat, autohealer+Odin+light nukers only takes about 20 minutes so it's not the end of the world. But these 2/4/2 teams are very powerful and can brute force a lot of stuff.

Edit:
Debate for the thread. I just finished Max leveling my Gigas for my Horus team. Do I evolve him to Red Giant or keep him maxed? The team I'm currently running has 3 healers and can usually take a couple hits and then heal back to full. On the flip side, taking the hit in RCV to have 4k HP in one mob might be really nice.
His HP gain is linear while the RCV loss increases at higher levels. So if you only level him to around lvl 30 or so he will gain about 800 HP and only lose 80 RCV, that's a good trade if you have plenty of evolve mats. I would only max him for a Goemon team.

Pacman2k

I run a Ceres, so having a massive buffer with a full heal in my back pocket is the way to go.

A vote for red giant here.

mercviper

I'd say that the RCV hit isn't really that much considering you have 3 healers on the team already. Also Red Giant's RCV curve is also exponential, in that you take smaller hits in the earlier levels and bigger hits in the later, while his HP curse is linear, so the earlier levels for Red Giant get you lots of HP for little RCV loss.

I don't plan on evolving my Gigas anytime soon but that's because my Red team lacks a lot of RCV and gets equivalent stat gains by leveling other subs. That's not really a concern for you so I'd say go for it.

This game does not want me to Skill Up Gigas. Still at lvl 1 and I've probably fed him 20ish Goblins (spanning some x2 events as well).

Just as a troll....Got a skill up on a Chimera with feeding one to the other.

J0dy77

This game does not want me to Skill Up Gigas. Still at lvl 1 and I've probably fed him 20ish Goblins (spanning some x2 events as well).

Just as a troll....Got a skill up on a Chimera with feeding one to the other.

I'm in the same boat. I've fed him a ton of Goblins and I'm still level 1. I want to have him maxed before putting him in my Horus team.

I'd say that the RCV hit isn't really that much considering you have 3 healers on the team already. Also Red Giant's RCV curve is also exponential, in that you take smaller hits in the earlier levels and bigger hits in the later, while his HP curse is linear, so the earlier levels for Red Giant get you lots of HP for little RCV loss.

I don't plan on evolving my Gigas anytime soon but that's because my Red team lacks a lot of RCV and gets equivalent stat gains by leveling other subs. That's not really a concern for you so I'd say go for it.

This is kind of my thinking as well. I planned on evolving him and then taking him to about level 40. Would be a ton of damage and HP for a minimal loss in RCV. Plus he looks a heck of a lot cooler in final form.

OTIX

This is kind of my thinking as well. I planned on evolving him and then taking him to about level 40. Would be a ton of damage and HP for a minimal loss in RCV. Plus he looks a heck of a lot cooler in final form.
Actually he gains very little ATK, at lvl 40 he's only barely regained what he lost in the evolution.

J0dy77

Actually he gains very little ATK, at lvl 40 he's only barely regained what he lost in the evolution.

Yeah noticed that after the post. I'm going to think on it until I at least max his skill. It comes down to the 1k+ HP for the -80 RCV. Expensive evo too.

Feelin' the slump after the event, too. I've decided to max skill bowmore to pass the time.

Holy crap this last skill-up is killing me. At least it's not as torturous as skilling up vamp.

Feelin' the slump after the event, too. I've decided to max skill bowmore to pass the time.

Holy crap this last skill-up is killing me. At least it's not as torturous as skilling up vamp.
Getting that last skill up is always so satisfying though. Vamps took me about 15 for the last one but I was still really happy once it happened. I still need to skill up my ADK/CDK. Only have one in each. I really wish I took advantage of the ADK dungeon when it was around for two weeks.

I got vamp I'm leveling. Is this the same as leveling up? I'm not really sure what the skill levels are about or how you increase them.

To raise a monsters skill you have to fuse it with monsters with the same EXACT skills. Only there active skill is upgradeble and there is a limit to it depending on the monster. You also have a better chance of getting the skill up if u use 5 of the same monsters in a fusion aposing to 1.

Wow..I did not know this =/ Big baddies it is the huh. Shit just noticed all but my Siren are at skill level one! so what is the +8 or whatever mean? and waht do skill ups effect?

Cerity

+'s are +stats, you can view the stat bonuses by checking the monster info. When you skill up it decreases the build up/cooldown time for their active skill. E.g skill lvl 1 siren has a 11 turn timer for it to activate, at max skill lvl it only takes 5 turns to actiavte.

Getting that last skill up is always so satisfying though. Vamps took me about 15 for the last one but I was still really happy once it happened. I still need to skill up my ADK/CDK. Only have one in each. I really wish I took advantage of the ADK dungeon when it was around for two weeks.

DONE with Bowmore. Approx. 17-20 bowmores fed. I kind of don't know what I should be doing now. Blasted through the Legendary Light Dragon (no drop). I guess I'll finish that off on the weekend if it goes x2 on drop. I'm really dreading vamp skill-up. Two more levels to go and I feel like I've fed over 50 big baddies to date. I'm teh same as you with ADK/CDK, lvl 2 on both of them. I know we've had an ADK dungeon a couple of times already, but is there one for CDK?

I got vamp I'm leveling. Is this the same as leveling up? I'm not really sure what the skill levels are about or how you increase them.

Wow..I did not know this =/ Big baddies it is the huh. Shit just noticed all but my Siren are at skill level one! so what is the +8 or whatever mean? and waht do skill ups effect?
There's three things that can go up when powering up a monster:
1. Monster Level: the most obvious one. Tied to stat growth. Increases as you pump EXP into the monster.
2. + bonuses: provides a fixed increase to a certain stat - HP increases by 10 per +, ATK by 5, and RCV by 3. These buffs transfer over from other + monsters. Feeding a monster with HP+1/ATK+2 to a monster which already has HP+3 will result in a monster with HP+3/ATK+2, for example. Each stat can be increased to +99 for a total of +297 for all three. + stats are guaranteed to transfer upon feeding.
3. Skill level: influences the amount of time it takes for a monster's activated skill to charge up. You can see the monster's current SL on its info screen next to the skill's name. Each skill level decreases the cd time by 1 turn, up to a certain maximum which varies from skill to skill. For example, Vampire can be skilled up such that its "heartbreaker" skill charges every 5 turns as opposed to the 11 it starts out as.

Skillups have a chance of occurring when you feed a monster with the exact same skill name and effect. Doesn't necessarily have to be the same monster. Each monster you feed has the potential to give exactly one skill up, so feeding five Big Baddies to a Vampire at once can potentially increase it's skill level five times. You should probably buy a lottery ticket if that ever happens, because the chance for a skill up is usually pretty awful.

Yaari

JP has alot of shit going for itself next week, so a celebration for them is very likely. If US wants to sync with that again then we will probably see the results of that aswell.

Apparently is it Golden Week over there, which is a celebration of some sorts, they also still have to celebrate 13mil downloads, aswell as winning 8 prizes for some Famitsu Award thing.

And yeah I agree that the game turned to its usual borefest after having tons of events lately. The game is just not much fun with its regular droprate.

I also missed the final Ruby even though I was easily able to make it. Sigh.

There's three things that can go up when powering up a monster:
1. Monster Level: the most obvious one. Tied to stat growth. Increases as you pump EXP into the monster.
2. + bonuses: provides a fixed increase to a certain stat - HP increases by 10 per +, ATK by 5, and RCV by 3. These buffs transfer over from other + monsters. Feeding a monster with HP+1/ATK+2 to a monster which already has HP+3 will result in a monster with HP+3/ATK+2, for example. Each stat can be increased to +99 for a total of +297 for all three. + stats are guaranteed to transfer upon feeding.
3. Skill level: influences the amount of time it takes for a monster's activated skill to charge up. You can see the monster's current SL on its info screen next to the skill's name. Each skill level decreases the cd time by 1 turn, up to a certain maximum which varies from skill to skill. For example, Vampire can be skilled up such that its "heartbreaker" skill charges every 5 turns as opposed to the 11 it starts out as.

Skillups have a chance of occurring when you feed a monster with the exact same skill name and effect. Doesn't necessarily have to be the same monster. Each monster you feed has the potential to give exactly one skill up, so feeding five Big Baddies to a Vampire at once can potentially increase it's skill level five times. You should probably buy a lottery ticket if that ever happens, because the chance for a skill up is usually pretty awful.

Thanks for the info. D spinnas is gonna be a pain to level =/

Radav

JP has alot of shit going for itself next week, so a celebration for them is very likely. If US wants to sync with that again then we will probably see the results of that aswell.

Apparently is it Golden Week over there, which is a celebration of some sorts, they also still have to celebrate 13mil downloads, aswell as winning 8 prizes for some Famitsu Award thing.

And yeah I agree that the game turned to its usual borefest after having tons of events lately. The game is just not much fun with its regular droprate.

I also missed the final Ruby even though I was easily able to make it. Sigh.

I'm curious what you guys would like to see more of? Is it just the regular drop rate is so bad you feel like it's not worth playing much? I definitely feel that. I personally would like to see more of the 2 Heroes, Zeus, etc. show up. Would it really be that bad to have like 1 of them show up on like Monday or something every week or 2? It is nice not feeling like I need to be doing X to take advantage of all the increased stuff though. I'm just farming Bowmore this week and feeding my blue team with the drops. This is where I think they could use some kind of weekly quest system and reward people with a stone for doing it. It could be as simple as saying finish the last level of a few of the normal/tech dungeons or beat one of the ancient dragon levels on legend a certain number of times. They could definitely do more to keep people interested that's for sure.

Yaari

Yeah I agree on the rare dungeons argument. That is mainly my gripe with how things are ran. Sure we just had a nice week of events not too long ago, but they just should not be as rare as Gungho US is trying to make them be.

I think they could easily put out a high end dungeon like Valkyrie/Zeus/Two Heroes every other week. Especially since we don't get all of those colabs.

There really isnt much to do. Few of those dragons they put up are worth running more than once.

Bowmore is a great exception to this though. I rushed his skill up, but otherwise I'd still be at it. He is a great to have.

Double skillrate/drop rate definitely is not needed to put something fun up.

how specific do these attacks have to be to transfer over when fed?

If it's a 20x dark attack can i use something with a 3x dark attacks? or 20x light attack etc?

OTIX

how specific do these attacks have to be to transfer over when fed?

If it's a 20x dark attack can i use something with a 3x dark attacks? or 20x light attack etc?
It's not really feasible to skill up D'Spinas since the only farmable monster with the same skill is the evolved dark chimera which is just too cumbersome to evolve. There are actually only a few good monsters that are realistically possible to max skill such as Siren, Vampire, etc.

It's not really feasible to skill up D'Spinas since the only farmable monster with the same skill is the evolved dark chimera which is just too cumbersome to evolve. There are actually only a few good monsters that are realistically possible to max skill such as Siren, Vampire, etc.

ah ok. So it's not really something to farm for.

I'm curious what you guys would like to see more of? Is it just the regular drop rate is so bad you feel like it's not worth playing much? I definitely feel that. I personally would like to see more of the 2 Heroes, Zeus, etc. show up. Would it really be that bad to have like 1 of them show up on like Monday or something every week or 2? It is nice not feeling like I need to be doing X to take advantage of all the increased stuff though. I'm just farming Bowmore this week and feeding my blue team with the drops. This is where I think they could use some kind of weekly quest system and reward people with a stone for doing it. It could be as simple as saying finish the last level of a few of the normal/tech dungeons or beat one of the ancient dragon levels on legend a certain number of times. They could definitely do more to keep people interested that's for sure.
I'd like to see more special dungeons with skill-up monsters, e.g., the Mystic Knight dungeons, Enchilada dungeon, Poring dungeons, etc.. I'd also like to see GungHo release dungeons for the other colored Knights as well as the new Ninjas. Currently, only Mystic Wood, Light, and Dark Knights have special dungeons.

SaintR

I think the non-event downtime has a lot of merit. All my Ares and Shiva friends (which is a lot since i either main red or blue) haven't logged in a couple of days. That being said anyone running either one ill glady send/take an invite.

Light/Dark Pengdra trip report according to ZHWiki:
Light Pengdra: 1x Dragon Plant, 1x Gold Dragon
Dark Pengdra: 1x Dragon Seed, 3x Metal Dragon

No idea how much the evolved ones grant on feed.

Kosh

[US] 4/24/2013
-Legendary Light Dragon is open.
-Metal Dragons 15 Stamina, 5 rounds

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
The times are listed in PDT.

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 6:00 11:00 16:00
C: 7:00 12:00 17:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

Yaari

Nah, I'm expecting Light/Dark Pengdra to give the same amount of exp as the colored ones. It would not be worth the effort if they gave only 20k, considering a normal one already gives 9k.

Is it a Monday thing or just a random dungeon? It seems worth it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom