• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaari

I am still hopeful for a event for next week. Japan is going totally crazy with all sorts of activities, and it would make sense if they had an ingame event aswell, which we might share then.

Kosh

[US] 4/25/2013
-Legendary Light Dragon is open.
-Thursday Dungeon
-Sapphire Dragons 20 Stamina, 5 rounds

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
The times are listed in PDT.

A: 9:00 14:00 19:00
B: 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 6:00 11:00 16:00
D: 7:00 12:00 17:00
E: 8:00 13:00 18:00

Quantum

384 134 290

Thanks for accepting my invite! (island)

your neptune finally dropped bowmore for me on master!

that was the worse dungeon I've played in yet. over the past two weeks I had nothing very effective, and was relegated to running the expert level and forced to evolved and level my Megalodran finally letting me run master without getting crushed by the Magma Chimera on Level 5.

feels so good - but now looking at the legend level....

must have run bowmore 30+ times to finally get the drop - Legandary Mech dragon? first run dropped Mechadragon Valhalla.

the randomness of this game o.0

Radav

[US] 4/25/2013
-Legendary Light Dragon is open.
-Thursday Dungeon
-Sapphire Dragons 20 Stamina, 5 rounds

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
The times are listed in PDT.

A: 9:00 14:00 19:00
B: 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 6:00 11:00 16:00
D: 7:00 12:00 17:00
E: 8:00 13:00 18:00

So sad about Sapphire dragons being today. I wanted to do one last batch of pengdras for my blue stuff but gotta use all of today's stam on the Thursday dungeon. So I guess I'm switching gears and going to get Susano leveled up and try to get him ready for a spot on Ra's team.

I do agree with you all the game is much more fun when you feel like you're actually making progress. I've got a bunch of stuff now I want to work on maxing and trying to do that without a 2x King event is beyond brutal. Maybe an event will start next Thursday?

So sad about Sapphire dragons being today. I wanted to do one last batch of pengdras for my blue stuff but gotta use all of today's stam on the Thursday dungeon. So I guess I'm switching gears and going to get Susano leveled up and try to get him ready for a spot on Ra's team.

I do agree with you all the game is much more fun when you feel like you're actually making progress. I've got a bunch of stuff now I want to work on maxing and trying to do that without a 2x King event is beyond brutal. Maybe an event will start next Thursday?

Probably friday just so they can troll and not give us a x2 drop on thursday. I think I've actually had more fruits drop than plants so far

HildyB

Just picked up a new phone, didn't have a backup that wasn't 3mo old. Just going to start anew now that I know the game well enough. Looking forward to getting back into it. Look for invite from Hildy@GAF :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got pretty lucky on dragon plants so far. I have too many seeds now, though. I'm also considering throwing one of my stones at my stam to refill to just stock up on plants since I have so many colored dragons and no pengdras for them.

OTIX

For those who have tried it. If I transfer my data file from the iPad to the iPhone, are there any complications playing the same account on both?

I'm going away for five days and I'd like to at least be able to check in at some point so I don't lose my entire friends list.

Slottm

Neo Member
Just picked up a new phone, didn't have a backup that wasn't 3mo old. Just going to start anew now that I know the game well enough. Looking forward to getting back into it. Look for invite from Hildy@GAF :)

Even if you have a 5 month old backup of puzzle and dragons, it's good enough. The game just stores your user ID, some monster box bullshit (what you encountered, your favorites etc) rest is stored server-side. Thus if you had any backup of your puzzdrag at all, it would suffice.

For those who have tried it. If I transfer my data file from the iPad to the iPhone, are there any complications playing the same account on both?

I'm going away for five days and I'd like to at least be able to check in at some point so I don't lose my entire friends list.
It's theoretically against the TOS and you could get banned for it, but I've never heard of it happening before.

As for technical complications weird stuff might happen with your stamina and rank as the different devices try to sync up with the server, but it's all client side so your account should still be fine.

OTIX

It's theoretically against the TOS and you could get banned for it, but I've never heard of it happening before.

As for technical complications weird stuff might happen with your stamina and rank as the different devices try to sync up with the server, but it's all client side so your account should still be fine.
Ok, thanks. I'll give it a try.

Just got 2 plants in 7 runs, wtf?

HildyB

Even if you have a 5 month old backup of puzzle and dragons, it's good enough. The game just stores your user ID, some monster box bullshit (what you encountered, your favorites etc) rest is stored server-side. Thus if you had any backup of your puzzdrag at all, it would suffice.

I know, but I didn't know what I was doing first time through and was burning stones on stamina at low level, didn't do monster pulls, only had a couple goodgets, and was over all useless. I've been playing on my iPad a bit and reading a lot more and found some local friends to help me understand the more advanced things that I was struggling with and made me quit the first time.

I'll consider that first run an exploratory study. Now I'm ready for battle :)

I know, but I didn't know what I was doing first time through and was burning stones on stamina at low level, didn't do monster pulls, only had a couple goodgets, and was over all useless. I've been playing on my iPad a bit and reading a lot more and found some local friends to help me understand the more advanced things that I was struggling with and made me quit the first time.

I'll consider that first run an exploratory study. Now I'm ready for battle :)

Rule #1 : Never pull the Rare outside of a GodEvent

Rule #2 : See Rule #1

OTIX

Just got 2 plants in 7 runs, wtf?
Next run after posting that:
pgVG0UWl.jpg

I think it's safe to say that this game does not utilise an RNG at all. There's clearly someone sitting at the other end fucking with us.

OTIX

I'm working my way through Starlight Sanctuary, up to Hera now. Does anyone have an Amaterasu with 681 RCV I can borrow? None of my Ammy friends are up at the moment.

386 745 214

Radav

Okay, this has to be some kind of record. 15 Sapphire runs with 0 Kings. I only saw 1 King, and it didn't drop.

I wish they would find a happy medium with these. But I think they wanna try and "encourage" us to use stones during the 2x King events instead of letting us find 1 or 2 every few runs.

RNG being RNG...I was farming for pendgras. I've had a run with none drop, I've had a run with 2 drop (out of 3), and I've had a run with 2 mythlits drop. Overall, I'm not complaining too much as I still have some plants left over from last week. Not sure how much plant farming I feel like doing today.

On a different topic, what is recommended to take on the first conditional dungeon?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't think I will ever get my Lil Black dragon.

Also can Keeper of dark only be obtained on Tuesdays?

I have 2 in box and have fed 2 others to various monsters. I don't know what to do with all of my leftovers.

And yes, Keepers are (to my knowledge) exclusive to keeper dungeons.

Blah!. I got the lil white dragon from pal. My pal drops have been absolutely abysmal of late.

Sometimes I wish this game had trading but then people would reroll and gift themselves gods all day.

J0dy77

Blah!. I got the lil white dragon from pal. My pal drops have been absolutely abysmal of late.

Sometimes I wish this game had trading but then people would reroll and gift themselves gods all day.

Don't use your PAL rolls outside of events, they're worthless. The only time it's worth rolling is when they have advanced King rate or Evo Mats.

Last 3 dragons den runs:

1st run: 2 dragon seeds

2nd run: 2 carbuncles and 1 dragon flower

3rd run: 1 dragon seed and 1 carbuncle

Fucking game. And got 666 coins on last run, how fitting, game is the devil confirmed.

Thanks guys, Hera down. Only Zeus left now but Odin doesn't work on him so that's gonna take a whole different team. I think I'll wait for the dark whiskey dungeon and pick up a couple evolved chimeras there. Might be able to clear Endless corridors with that team as well.

Why does Odin not work for the final Zues Dungeon in Starlight? Is it not a regular dungeon? Or does he just hit for a ridiculous amount of damage? What about Resist + Dual Light Venus? (should be 80% damage resist from everything, not just the first hit)

OTIX

Why does Odin not work for the final Zues Dungeon in Starlight? Is it not a regular dungeon? Or does he just hit for a ridiculous amount of damage? What about Resist + Dual Light Venus? (should be 80% damage resist from everything, not just the first hit)
He hits for 25k every turn so Odin+Ammy doesn't work. You can use Odin but then you have to manually heal every turn. Since he has 5.3m HP and 7k armour the fight takes a long time, you don't wanna have to manually heal all that time. Resolve team is the way to go, though I wish I had a low level Hera to speed things up.

Rekwest

Last 3 dragons den runs:

1st run: 2 dragon seeds

2nd run: 2 carbuncles and 1 dragon flower

3rd run: 1 dragon seed and 2 carbuncle
Fucking Game!

StMeph

the fight takes a long time, you don't wanna have to manually heal all that time. Resolve team is the way to go, though I wish I had a low level Hera to speed things up.

Why wouldn't you have to manually heal for a resolve team, unless your healer is able to recover 50% of your HP per turn? ._.

Serious question, as I don't know all of the team-building strategies for end-game content.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
5 Marine Goblins and counting. I'm going to stock the shit out of these things for the next skill-up event. Two max level Siren's will really help me I imagine.

Pacman2k

5 Marine Goblins and counting. I'm going to stock the shit out of these things for the next skill-up event. Two max level Siren's will really help me I imagine.

Where you farming them at?

I've been almost exclusively in polar night tower for the last couple days but don't have many goblins to show for it.

OTIX

Why wouldn't you have to manually heal for a resolve team, unless your healer is able to recover 50% of your HP per turn? ._.

Serious question, as I don't know all of the team-building strategies for end-game content.
Yeah that's exactly it, you use a healer that can cover 50%. That way you can match gems super fast without any worry and charge up your nukes over and over to kill the boss. I don't have an Ammy but my Siren has a lot of +RCV eggs so she can cover a pretty decent team if you use low HP monsters like chimeras. The hard part is getting past the trash waves.

Yeah that's exactly it, you use a healer that can cover 50%. That way you can match gems super fast without any worry and charge up your nukes over and over to kill the boss. I don't have an Ammy but my Siren has a lot of +RCV eggs so she can cover a pretty decent team if you use low HP monsters like chimeras. The hard part is getting past the trash waves.

As far as I can tell Ammy Oh at +99 RCV recovers for 900 RCV right? so that is only 4500 and you need 5000 to recover from that 25k hit with Odin. I still like my Dual Resist, Light Resist dragon, and Dual Light Venus. 80% reduction every turn regardless of healing. Stick that on a high HP light team (thinking Light Golem, Mechdragon, Something else with a ton of HP and Light and Siren (for healing). You could skip turns without healing that way, but it is a lot of work for a team..

So yeah resolve it, bummer...

Where you farming them at?

I've been almost exclusively in polar night tower for the last couple days but don't have many goblins to show for it.

Use Sea Cave Mercury and the level with the Siren at the end. It is how I max skilled my Siren, (and picked up my extra mermaids)

Nista

Man I may need to do some friendslist purging.... I have a serious need of I&I and Persephone friends, and no one seems to run them anymore.

I have a Persephone you could use, but I generally leave my Siren up out of laziness.

Though I probably need to adjust my friendslist as well, but I went on a week long road trip and only was able to burn through stamina sporadically. Missed a lot of 2x events. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom