• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercviper

I was trying to evolve my MoonDragon D'Spinas into a MoonDragon Lunar D'Spinas but I couldn't click his name in the Evolve screen. Normally it at least lets me view what he's missing to evolve at least, but he was darkened AND transparent as if he doesn't evolve. He's max level. Am I doing something wrong?

I dedicated this week to getting ultimate evos of D'Spinas and Brachys.

Ultimate evos don't happen from the evolve menu. You just feed them the ultimate evo mats via the normal fusion screen at the same time and then they evolve. You don't need to be max level to do so.

I was trying to evolve my MoonDragon D'Spinas into a MoonDragon Lunar D'Spinas but I couldn't click his name in the Evolve screen. Normally it at least lets me view what he's missing to evolve at least, but he was darkened AND transparent as if he doesn't evolve. He's max level. Am I doing something wrong?

I dedicated this week to getting ultimate evos of D'Spinas and Brachys.

Ultimate EVOs are fusion Evolves. Add the materials into the fusion screen and the "Begin Fusion" button will flash orange and green. Then you will have the option of evo or just fusion.

*Beaten

Also keep in mind the Begin Fusion button will glow green/yellow as opposed to just green, so you can tell if you got the recipe right. If you have even a shadow of a doubt, back out and recheck your materials.

SaberVulcan

That's kinda the same way I cleared it the last time. 2 times easy 0 stone clear, so it's really safe and hard to make any mistakes. Hera takes a lot of time though, more than Neptune even.
My team was

Leader: Amaterasu Ookami
Machine Golem Mk3
Lightning Holy Dragon
Rainbow Keeper
Rainbow Keeper
Friend Leader: Awoken Odin

I'd advise for a CDD or LHD instead of your blue golem though, as those would help you out of any tight spots before floor 5. Naturally only if you can take the loss in HP.

Hm okay, cool. I will have to do some math when I get home.. figure out a theoretical HP point I can reach and all that fun stuff. I think if I use a stone or two on Super Kings tonight and feed them to CDD and other members of the team, I will get enough HP to roll with it.

Ultimate evos don't happen from the evolve menu. You just feed them the ultimate evo mats via the normal fusion screen at the same time and then they evolve. You don't need to be max level to do so.

So it doesnt have to be max level? Awesome.

Now to farm out 2 more Rainbow Keepers before the end of the day! I can get all 3 Ult'd!

Thank Ciara for Hades' 30% reduction.

RM8

Played this on a friend's Japanese phone, as someone who doesn't really believe in phone gaming I actually enjoyed this a lot. Of course it's not on Mexico's Android store :(

Quick Question: when comparing D'spinas Ult. evo to Chaos Devil Dragon, I should look at d'spinas' dual-element as doing 150% his ATK, right?

He's dual element so the main ele would do 100% of the atk and the secondary would do 50%, right?

So in comparing CDD's 940 atk vs D'spinas' dual element 449, its actually 940 vs 674, right?

Wanchan

Played this on a friend's Japanese phone, as someone who doesn't really believe in phone gaming I actually enjoyed this a lot. Of course it's not on Mexico's Android store :(

You can still play it if you download and install the .apk, which got posted a few pages ago. We're many outside US playing the game ;)

Quick Question: when comparing D'spinas Ult. evo to Chaos Devil Dragon, I should look at d'spinas' dual-element as doing 150% his ATK, right?

He's dual element so the main ele would do 100% of the atk and the secondary would do 50%, right?

So in comparing CDD's 940 atk vs D'spinas' dual element 449, its actually 940 vs 674, right?
No, same-type dual element only adds +10% to base attack. Off-color dual element adds +33%. If you've already bustied him the boost shows up on the team overview screen.

OTIX

For an Odin +Ammy Team you need the following,

1) An Ammy that heals for more than 495 HP (Mine is 562 thanks to +42 RCV, if you need another Ammy friend during Hera) You can also sub in a Siren with 850+ RCV, but who has that?
2) HP total above 16500 (That includes your Odin and the friends leader Ammy) A good way to get there is Rainbow keepers or 5* Guardians.
3) Poison or Shiva for Neptune (Shiva + Odin + Light mechdragon will instant kill him, Poison takes a bit longer but that way you only need 1 monster and not two)

I ran a Siren without 850 RCV last time and I ended up with a Hera but stones were used. This time I am going in with my Ammy,
My main Siren has 843 RCV which is plenty, you need 824 minimum. I'm gonna be farming Hera a bunch of times tomorrow for skillups so I'll be using both Odin and Siren as leaders to make it easier to find helpers. I'm not decided on the subs though. Asgard and Awoken Zeus are given but I have two choices for the last spots. LilithWotN+Awoken Hera(lvl96) or Canopus+Dark golem mk2, either choice should have enough HP. The Hera will obviously speed up the bosses a lot but the Canopus nuke would be quite useful on the trash waves. Do you guys think this team will be safe on the trash without any aoe nuke or do I need the Canopus?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm thinking of doing a big no-no and using stones to refresh stam and stock up on goblins to max skill my second Siren in preparation for Hera.

Nista

So I don't have enough team cost for the 16.5k Hera team, should I do the dark resist/Odin leader team instead tomorrow?

I have a Neptune, max skill siren, echidna, and hades as subs. Or should I stick a rainbow keeper in there somewhere for more hp? I'm worried about getting through the first couple of levels since that's where I failed last time.

So I don't have enough team cost for the 16.5k Hera team, should I do the dark resist/Odin leader team instead tomorrow?

I have a Neptune, max skill siren, echidna, and hades as subs. Or should I stick a rainbow keeper in there somewhere for more hp? I'm worried about getting through the first couple of levels since that's where I failed last time.

You still need 10k for dark resist/odin, AND you will be healing every single turn on Venus and Hera.

A lot easier said than done, my last run I was unable to heal every turn at Hera and stones were used.

Hole. E. Shit.

Just had a Great! when feeding 5 Supers. Took D/D Hades from 72 to 88. Incredible. The best luck i've had feeding things so far. That crap usually happens when doing Pengdras.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Dark Knight dungeon is poo. I've cleared the dungeon on Expert 6 times, the middle one 4 times, and Adept 1 time...No drop. F that noise.

Nista

You still need 10k for dark resist/odin, AND you will be healing every single turn on Venus and Hera.

A lot easier said than done, my last run I was unable to heal every turn at Hera and stones were used.

Well I can probably have two max skill sirens as subs if that would make the manual healing easier. But it would be harder to get the HP past 10k at that point unless I drop hades entirely.

TimeKillr

If this game really has some kind of RNG and not just Trollho, then I'm well overdue for something nice to drop! lol

No :)

RNG is randomness defined.

If you flip a coin 50 times and it lands 50 times on heads, the chance it'll land on tails on the 51st throw is still 50%. :)

I think it's full RNG, but I can't be 100% certain.

lenni

No :)

RNG is randomness defined.

If you flip a coin 50 times and it lands 50 times on heads, the chance it'll land on tails on the 51st throw is still 50%. :)

I think it's full RNG, but I can't be 100% certain.

I know how it works, I'm just trying to cheer myself up. :(

OTIX

Well I can probably have two max skill sirens as subs if that would make the manual healing easier. But it would be harder to get the HP past 10k at that point unless I drop hades entirely.
Technically you only need about 8.3k HP but more is obviously better for the trash waves. Two maxed Sirens is almost a necessity for the bosses, definitely go with that. Use your Hades as leader, two Sirens, Neptune and a nuker as subs. A whiskey dragon is a great nuker but a mech or ripper works too, ideally light. You need to recharge it between trash waves though so you probably won't be able to use Neptune on the trash.

TimeKillr

I know how it works, I'm just trying to cheer myself up. :(

Heh. I need that too.

At least my Zeus team is pretty much complete - I need to level a bit more, so I'm hoping on metal dragons before sunday, but I should be good.

I essentially have this:
Duke Vamp Lord 58 (SL2)
Awoken Hera 67
Hera Max level
CDK 49 (SL3)
Echidna the Red Empress 50 (SL2)

I think I have a decent shot at it. Of course I'll spend stones but hey.

Hmm that's actually pretty close to what I have. I'm not planning on running Zeus as of now, but that could change based on how my super king hour goes. My current team:

Duke Vampire Lord (lvl 46, max skill)
CDK (lvl 48, skill 3)
Awoken Hera (lvl 35)
Hera (lvl 32)
Demon Viper Orochi (38) or Echidna tRE (55)

Definitely needs work. I might be ready next time but probably not this week.

Heh. I need that too.

At least my Zeus team is pretty much complete - I need to level a bit more, so I'm hoping on metal dragons before sunday, but I should be good.

I essentially have this:
Duke Vamp Lord 58 (SL2)
Awoken Hera 67
Hera Max level
CDK 49 (SL3)
Echidna the Red Empress 50 (SL2)

I think I have a decent shot at it. Of course I'll spend stones but hey.

Hmm that's actually pretty close to what I have. I'm not planning on running Zeus as of now, but that could change based on how my super king hour goes. My current team:

Duke Vampire Lord (lvl 46, max skill)
CDK (lvl 48, skill 3)
Awoken Hera (lvl 35)
Hera (lvl 32)
Demon Viper Orochi (38) or Echidna tRE (55)

Definitely needs work. I might be ready next time but probably not this week.

Paired with a friend Zeus that's the commonly accepted "you got shafted by REM" low stone Zeus team. Just gotta put a few levels into it.

Good to hear, as my squad is right there with the two posters above. CDK and Vamp are not max skilled, however. I should have 15 stones saved up by the time the dungeon goes live. I hope that's enough.

That's a nice assortment of dungeons we're getting. I'm most looking forward to the Blade of Justice and Tower of Jewel dungeons. Shame Blade of Justice coincides with Plant day. I won't be farming any Plants unless I'm able to max skill both of my Verches before the end of the night. And I read that Tower of Jewel is the best dungeon in the game for +eggs. I hope it's true.

Radav

I can confirm that it's possible to get a Super King on the first level. On my third run I got one on the first floor. I got 2 Super Kings in 3 runs. To make up for not getting more then 2 I got a GREAT! when I fed Awoken Hera the two supers and 3 metal kings.

Colby

Four highs and a super. I think we'd be better off with regular Metal Dragons with 2x kings, but I'm not sure. Either way, it's close.

yes, I'm bitter that I didn't get good drops

Nista

Technically you only need about 8.3k HP but more is obviously better for the trash waves. Two maxed Sirens is almost a necessity for the bosses, definitely go with that. Use your Hades as leader, two Sirens, Neptune and a nuker as subs. A whiskey dragon is a great nuker but a mech or ripper works too, ideally light. You need to recharge it between trash waves though so you probably won't be able to use Neptune on the trash.

Yeah the red or blue whiskeys also won't fit due to team cost so I'll have to use my light ripper, since I only have a dark much dragon ATM.

Also might be a toss up between using my awoken Odin vs Hades since mine isn't double dark. Guess I'll see what's up tomorrow on my friends list to get the most hp out of the team. :)

Dispatch

I didn't keep track of all my runs, but I've cleared the dungeon and run each level at least once more and not a single CDK dropped.

ccbfan

I've been getting good luck with mdk drops but terrible with skill ups.

It seems the only thing I can get good skill up rates on is a Dryad (Useless) and my second Siren (Useless except for Hera).

GEYHsm3l.jpg

This is crazy. Outside of this run my luck has been pretty bad. Only one other drop in 10 or so runs.

I pulled a dup shiva (do I need two?), a groups rider, vampire and my third susano. I've heard there is a three susano team, does anyone know what it is?

I can't complain because they were gold eggs though

Jagernaut

I'm thinking of trying Hera with a resist/Odin team:

Chaos Devil Dragon Lv 37
Siren the Enchanter Lv 60 - max skill
Siren the Enchanter Lv 25 - skill lv 3 (9 turns)
Lilith the Witch of the Night Lv 39 (Atk is 790) - I may drop some king metals on her if I don't get a more useful monster in the godfest.
Rainbow Keeper

Not counting the Odin helper, the team hp is 7803 and rcv is 2021.

How long do you think will this take? Neptune will take 56 turns or so with poison alone, and Hera has over 2 million hp. I don't have any gravity users and Lilith's poison is much weaker than Neptunes. I have been trying to max skill my 2nd Siren but I haven't been getting a lot of marine goblin drops.

I pulled a dup shiva (do I need two?), a groups rider, vampire and my third susano. I've heard there is a three susano team, does anyone know what it is?

I can't complain because they were gold eggs though

Flare Drall / Susano / Susano / Susano / Awoken Hera / Megalodran is apparently a very slow 0 stone Goemon clear.

Colby

Today was horrible for me. Did one Rare pull, got a Mystic Flame Knight. Fused, no skill-up. Ran Mystic Dark Knight 8 times on expert, got zero drops. Got the minimum out of the Super Metal Dragon dungeon. I've got 36 PAL pulls to use, but I don't know if I can handle more disappointment tonight!

Musan

If you are just starting, reroll. You can do a lot better than a genie.

I pulled once, got a Loki. Since I have a fully evolved Persephone, not the most necessary pull, but it should be good for high dmg dark teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom