• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing some of the luck going on I decided to do 6 pulls.

#1 - Genie +1rcv (have one, will be feeding for rcv bonus)
#2 - Persephone +1rcv (second one, do I need to keep her?)
#3 - Mystic Light Knight +1hp (probably try to skill up the Verche I have)
#4 - Thor +1 hp level 32 (not excited by him but I will keep)
#5 - Mystic Stone Knight +1atk (feed to my ADK)
#6 - Earth Golem +1atk (already have max skill Asgard so will try to skill up Jotunn or Midgard)

So 2 gold out of 6, and only 1 was new and high level. Not great pulls but it could have been worse. No Fairlio at least :).

EDIT:
Verche skill up successful, 2 -> 3
ADK skill up fail
Jotunn skill up fail
I also collected 5 MDK the other day and got 0 skill ups out of them

EDIT2:
Just fed 5 pendgras to Susano which was going to put me close to max level. Got a great! Ready to evo!

xCobalt

My first Hera clear only used one siren. My team was cdd leader, rainbow keeper, siren, echidna, and lilith. Used about 3 stones. Hopefully you guys can make a similar team.

Not pulling today. This "fest" seems like shit. I have 10 stones, about to get 10 more for my 100 day, and am getting the free stone for each login during this fest, so whenever I do pull I should have about 25-30 stones.

Skip it. I can't stop.

Just one more.

Shardra. No skillup.

Dammit.....

My first Hera clear only used one siren. My team was cdd leader, rainbow keeper, siren, echidna, and lilith. Used about 3 stones. Hopefully you guys can make a similar team.

What Leader? Orchi i suppose?

Is this one of the team suggestions for taking on Zeus?

Duke Vampire Lord leader (17)
Awoken Hera (1)
Awoken Hera (1)
CDK (47)
Echidna the Red Empress (50)

Obviously there is some leveling up to do. I have a little left over from the super metal dungeon the other day (1 super, 2 kings) and I am planning on hitting the metal dungeon hard today (though the time appears to be off - it shouldbe up for me and I don't see it). What should I try to get them to?

Radav

Awoken Hera (1)
Awoken Hera (1)
CDK (47)

Obviously there is some leveling up to do. I have a little left over from the super metal dungeon the other day (1 super, 2 kings) and I am planning on hitting the metal dungeon hard today (though the time appears to be off - it shouldbe up for me and I don't see it). What should I try to get them to?

That looks about right. I think the general rule of thumb is the higher you can level them up the less stones you'll end up spending to try and take him down. Bonus points for having a max skill CDK to help with the DMG output.

Lumiere

Neo Member

Can't decide if I should try two Sirens or a Siren and an Echidna. Sirens are both max skilled (but one is 4*...), while Echidna is not skilled up at all. Last two Nagas I fed her during the skill-up event didn't yield any results ._.

mercviper

Pulled Chiyome and Succubus (finally!) last night. Now if I could find a 4k+hp Odin I can do Hera lol.

Would be running amaterasu, 3x rainbow, lilith.

xCobalt

Can't decide if I should try two Sirens or a Siren and an Echidna. Sirens are both max skilled (but one is 4*...), while Echidna is not skilled up at all. Last two Nagas I fed her during the skill-up event didn't yield any results ._.

Two sirens is definitely safer. For the most part, you're using siren for its ability rather than stats. If you can heal up the damage in one turn, you'll be fine.

ALL I WANT IS A SINGLE GREEN AZURE MASK. ARGAGDKDKGASJKH. i have like 3 of every other color and i need like 3 of them for my dryad and adk and another adk.

mercviper

Same here. I am just hoping it comes up an hour after what was listed as opposed to an hour before.

Noticed the schedule today went back to an 8am start instead of 6am. Wonder if that's a thing now.

Also checked my special dungeons, I'm C group and the metals aren't showing up, so it's definitely not 2 hours early either.

Edit: who wants free gods yes I want free gods

Anybody who pulled an Orochi is a lucky ass motherfucker cause you get both a low HP resolver and a high leveled Force sub.
I don't know if I'd call myself a lucky ass motherfucker seeing as I did a ton of pulls to get my second Orochi, but a third one is definitely nice. So, now I have a low level Orochi, and can raise a second high level one to have 2 Orochis instead of an Echidna and Orochi for my hard dungeon teams.

In all my pulls I've done in this game, I still haven't pulled a single Minerva, even with this current community event upping her drop rate. I've pulled every other god including 2 of each of the other Greek gods for their 2 different ultimate evos. I haven't specifically pulled for her, but just odd that she hasn't randomly popped-out yet.

I see, thanks. Although I still have old loki so... feed him to the new one?
Since it's your only other Dark monster at the moment, I would just keep it. Not really worth trying for the skill-up, and it won't provide much exp. You need Dark monsters to team-up with your leader Loki.

OTIX

Killed Hera three times so far, 0 stones except for the stam refill. This team is really safe and relatively fast, about 30-40 minutes.

Siren (843 RCV)
Canopus
Dark golem mk3
Hera
Zeus
Odin

Funnily enough I can't use my own Odin with Ammy helpers because I evolved the golem and ended up on 193/192 team cost, it's been a while since I had to worry about team cost. Luckily there are plenty of high level Odins on my list right now.

I saved one low level Hera for resolve use and fed the other two, no skillups. Think I'm gonna keep farming it a bit more, some skillups would be nice and the drop rate for mystic knights seems decent. I'm kinda itching to try it with an Ares+Shiva team just to see if I can do it. With double Echidnas I think it's possible.

Against my better judgement I attempted Hera with an underleveled Horus/Isis team. Lessons learned:
1. You really want that 16x
2. Holy Dragon (not even LHD) is not an acceptable source of light damage
3. There are better ways to spend 8 stones

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Against my better judgement I attempted Hera with an underleveled Horus/Isis team. Lessons learned:
1. You really want that 16x
2. Holy Dragon (not even LHD) is not an acceptable source of light damage
3. There are better ways to spend 8 stones

Did you get your Hera at least?

Nista

Thanks for the advice guys, managed to 0 stone clear Hera today for the first time. :)

Took forever and was super stressful managing hearts, so I'll doubt I'll try it a second time unless it's really useful to have 2 Heras if you already have a Hades?

Thanks for the advice guys, managed to 0 stone clear Hera today for the first time. :)

Took forever and was super stressful managing hearts, so I'll doubt I'll try it a second time unless it's really useful to have 2 Heras if you already have a Hades?

Hades >> Hera

I'd say you are good.

Did you get your Hera at least?
Yeah, although it probably wasn't worth the effort. Got impatient cause none of the high-HP Horuses available on my friendslist. Died a few times cause I fat-fingered a combo.

Gonna try again for kicks when a Horus with high enough HP to survive a hit from Hera logs on.

Edit: rage rolled the REM, got Gungtrolled with a Thor. Okay...

Yeah, although it probably wasn't worth the effort. Got impatient cause none of the high-HP Horuses available on my friendslist. Died a few times cause I fat-fingered a combo.

Gonna try again for kicks when a Horus with high enough HP to survive a hit from Hera logs on.

At least you got a god....

Tried out a Ra/Horus team in the Endless Dungeon. I'm no good at matching apparently, only got Ra to activate twice and that was basically luck. Horus' activated relatively easily. I imagine 2xIsis is even easier.

TimeKillr

Awoken Hera (1)
Awoken Hera (1)
CDK (47)

You probably don't need 2 Awoken Heras - only one will do for stats.

I have the exact same team (with higher levels) except that one of my Heras isn't evolved.

IIRC it'll take quite a few levels before Awoken Hera regains her stats from max level Hera, so I think EXP-wise it's a better decision to leave one unevolved at max level.

Regardless this type of setup works, and the more levels you have, the less stones you'll spend!

I don't know if I'd call myself a lucky ass motherfucker seeing as I did a ton of pulls to get my second Orochi, but a third one is definitely nice. So, now I have a low level Orochi, and can raise a second high level one to have 2 Orochis instead of an Echidna and Orochi for my hard dungeon teams.

In all my pulls I've done in this game, I still haven't pulled a single Minerva, even with this current community event upping her drop rate. I've pulled every other god including 2 of each of the other Greek gods for their 2 different ultimate evos. I haven't specifically pulled for her, but just odd that she hasn't randomly popped-out yet.

I'm in a similar situation to you RE pulling - I can't for the life of me get an Orochi or a Neptune. And I've spent way more than I should admit (upwards of 500$). I've essentially given up on them for the time being. There are *very* few gods I'm missing:
Neptune (grr)
Orochi (grr)
Verche (this will come in eventually through evolutions)
Indra
Hermes
Apollo
Zeus (which will come sunday!)

These are literally *all* the gods I'm missing. So Godfests are shitty for me unless there's either Neptune or Orochi in the mix as they are my 2 most wanted gods, but even then I can't bring myself to spend that many stones again to get so many god damn dupes. When you spend 60$ to get 17 pulls and all you get are dupes, you've essentially just thrown money down the drain. RNG is RNG. I've given up hope on getting either Orochi or Neptune - they'd be nice, but I can always substitute for them. Neptune is useful mainly on high-def enemies (I have a Shiva for that) and I can always have Orochi friends for zombie teams should I need one (which has become rarer and rarer). I have 3 fully evolved Nagas so I can even eventually pull off some high-end strategies with them.

So now I have to grind to build more out of all the crap I have, which is interesting in it's own right. I just have pretty much given on up the REM, as there's very few REM-only stuff I can still get that will greatly help me.

Killed Hera three times so far, 0 stones except for the stam refill. This team is really safe and relatively fast, about 30-40 minutes.

Siren (843 RCV)
Canopus
Dark golem mk3
Hera
Zeus
Odin

Funnily enough I can't use my own Odin with Ammy helpers because I evolved the golem and ended up on 193/192 team cost, it's been a while since I had to worry about team cost. Luckily there are plenty of high level Odins on my list right now. y

I saved one low level Hera for resolve use and fed the other two, no skillups. Think I'm gonna keep farming it a bit more, some skillups would be nice and the drop rate for mystic knights seems decent. I'm kinda itching to try it with an Ares+Shiva team just to see if I can do it. With double Echidnas I think it's possible.

ou can get around that if you switch to another team then switch back to it after you pick your helper. it will always tell you switch it back though after a match.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

But you figure 8 stones for a SUPER useful Hera vs 2 rolls that could yield 2 Riders (lololol). I would say if I could use 8 stones and guarantee me a Hera, I'd do it.

But you figure 8 stones for a SUPER useful Hera vs 2 rolls that could yield 2 Riders (lololol). I would say if I could use 8 stones and guarantee me a Hera, I'd do it.
It's more the thought that if I'd been patient and waited for one of my 2600+ HP Horus buddies to go online, or hung back and leveled up my mons instead of trying to force a Hera clear today, I would have bled fewer or even possibly zero stones.

Edit: yeah, did much better with 2x Horus until I got to Minerva who one shot me since I got handed an impossible board with two short colors. Gonna try again after I get enough HP to survive Minerva.

sammich

Should i evolve my creatures only when they hit max level or should i evolve them whenever i can? I got a lot of evolve mats and they are taking up a tonne of space. So much so that ive been using my gems to get more storage. I know im doing a really crappy job at this game lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Should i evolve my creatures only when they hit max level or should i evolve them whenever i can? I got a lot of evolve mats and they are taking up a tonne of space. So much so that ive been using my gems to get more storage. I know im doing a really crappy job at this game lol

You can't evolve until they hit max level.

E: And space is important. I'm up to 190 slots and need more.

OTIX

DINtxtpl.jpg

Damn, so close to a 0 stone clear. Got a bad drought of hearts and couldn't keep up. I used a stone and finished it, I know I should have spent it on a stam refresh instead but I had an MDK drop so whatever. It would have been much easier with a third Echidna or some skillups on these two, or maybe even a red golem instead of Chiyome.

My first rare was a Siren, the Enchanter. I have since been using her as my leader for a dark team. I feel like relying on her has made me a much worse player. I don't know how to play this game without her autoheals and don't know how to utilize hearts efficiently on the board. I have assembled a pretty good dark team.

Lunar D Spinas
Vampire Lord
Dark Dragon knight
Keep of Rainbow

but I suck without her healing me. I need to relearn the game using Spinas as my leader for his dark damage multiplayer.

Quantum

ugh - I just don't understand gungho

so, People who pulled a god during the customer appreciation event received an additional god, but the people who didn't receive anything with the assumption that the rate would be high enough to see something drop got nothing?

Such a strange way to do business!

I'm 0/2 for hera using cdd, StE, megalodran, lilth (twotn), rainbow and a max awoken odin.

hp 13k - keep getting killed on the first stage ><

Kosh

I don't see the problem. The people that pulled gods got them at the wrong level, so GungHo made up for it. The people that didn't pull gods got what they got, an unlucky pull. Why should they be compensated?

Colby

Still no Metal Dragons for the E group. Crazy.

I had a 0 stone Hera run last time it was available, but I don't remember which team I used! I THINK I used a double Blue Sock team, but I'm not sure...I'll figure it out, though. Are two Heras necessary for any dungeons?

Quantum

I don't see the problem. The people that pulled gods got them at the wrong level, so GungHo made up for it. The people that didn't pull gods got what they got, an unlucky pull. Why should they be compensated?

You are ultimately correct, I think I just have a strong bias against the low drop rates and find it unfortunate that people who actually paid thinking the rate was high enough to expect to get a god didn't. Call it salting a wound maybe, when gungho states that people who did get a god would now receive an additional one at a higher level for free.

The argument isn't that everyone deserves a "free" god - or that anyone deserves a free anything - Its interesting to me that gungho decided to reward the paying players, ones who paid enough to get a god but somewhat alienates the players who paid to pull but not get anything during an event labelled as 'customer appreciation'

the lucky players are even "luckier" receiving a free virtual item - the unlucky players are unchanged as you point out - but they certainly can't be happy seeing the people who paid and were lucky get an additional item for free...

personal feelings definitely color my opinion, while I'm addicted to the game I realize I can never pay money as I know how shitty my own luck is and know that there are certain mobs/toons I'll never see without dependance on a system that is designed to work against the way I've decided to play.

that being said, gungho absolutely has to be generous with the stones and if I had to guess they will become even more generous in the coming weeks.

using their facebook numbers, reaching 20k likes is pretty amazing but doesn't compare to the Japanese version - they will likely have to continue to give out stones to attract players and keep leeches like me playing with the hopes that I will convert to a cash customer. By offering free pulls once a week gungho keeps giving people a "taste" and generates more interest in the game.

who knows - maybe I'll get a free god! (joke as everything I have at this point is free - I can honestly say this game has given me more pleasure and frustration then any recent 60 dollar title I've played - I still don't agree with RNG so I'm glad they let me keep playing without paying.)

xCobalt

My first rare was a Siren, the Enchanter. I have since been using her as my leader for a dark team. I feel like relying on her has made me a much worse player. I don't know how to play this game without her autoheals and don't know how to utilize hearts efficiently on the board. I have assembled a pretty good dark team.

Lunar D Spinas
Vampire Lord
Dark Dragon knight
Keep of Rainbow

but I suck without her healing me. I need to relearn the game using Spinas as my leader for his dark damage multiplayer.

You can probably head to the endless corridor and practice. You should be able to make a combo of four or more if you're familiar with the game. Just keep moving gems until time runs out.

Still no Metal Dragons for the E group. Crazy.

I had a 0 stone Hera run last time it was available, but I don't remember which team I used! I THINK I used a double Blue Sock team, but I'm not sure...I'll figure it out, though. Are two Heras necessary for any dungeons?

Group E metal dungeon came up at 2:00 pacific time for me. I have 'seen' quite a few kings but have only managed to get 1 :(.

lenni

Lunar D Spinas
Vampire Lord
Dark Dragon knight
Keep of Rainbow

I kinda know that feeling.
I'm playing the JP version from time to time and have a Shiva team, so it's not only without autoheal, but also with low recovery. It's really hard to manage at times and I kinda feel the only way to make it through sometimes is to just kill everything before it can hit me.

Uthred

Broke and bought the extra stone needed for a Rare pull, gotta a poxy Mermaid, I dont think its any exaggeration to say that it would at least double my enjoyment of the game if they took shitty 3 star farmable monsters out of the rare egg machine

Edit: No skillup and she had a relatively useless +1 to HP

Quantum

Third fail at Hera.

Made it to level 5 though and couldn't get through venus.

just not enough red orbs for heals - figured if I couldn't get through venus - no way in heck I'd make it through Hera..

Next time!

I kinda know that feeling.
I'm playing the JP version from time to time and have a Shiva team, so it's not only without autoheal, but also with low recovery. It's really hard to manage at times and I kinda feel the only way to make it through sometimes is to just kill everything before it can hit me.
I think one of the big issues plaguing PAD is that the dominant end-game dungeon strategy revolves around bringing in shitbird/two Gigagravity monsters/Menace and bursting down the boss before it has a chance to attack.

A lot of players seem to like Two Heroes because there are a lot of different possible ways to tackle the dungeon and team compositions for it can vary wildly. I kinda hope GH brings out a conditional Descended dungeon that disables leader skills or caps damage multipliers because I think there's a lot of potential for variety there.

Tempted to spend a few bucks to try and get Loki to finish up my dark team but eh. What are the odds exactly? Would be kinda bummed to pull anyone but him. I have D Spinas as a leader but from what I've read Loki is the best.

Attempt #4 went much better. Spent one stone because I couldn't burst down Neptune in time, then a second after narrowly missing healing up to a point where I could take a hit from Hera. Had a few lucky cascades, but overall I'm happy with my performance that round.

Edit: rolled twice more to celebrate; Ice Golem and Grodin. I still got enough stones for two more rolls; go for broke or stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom