• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have something similar. I've had about 30 runs, got 4 drops. (and LOL 2 of those were Expert, and 2 were Adept). Wtf. Then I hear about people getting a drop rate of 1/3 or something.. :(

Up to 35. Haven't had any drops. Coming up on my last run for the night. This is horrible.

Edit: yep. No skill ups this whole day. 5 drops out of approx. 35-37 runs.

Permanently A

If you are just starting, reroll. You can do a lot better than a genie.

I pulled once, got a Loki. Since I have a fully evolved Persephone, not the most necessary pull, but it should be good for high dmg dark teams.

Just rerolled and got Loki.

I have no idea what l am doing, tried the combs like in the videos and boy is it difficult.

Musan

That's not a bad first pull. If you plan to stick with it, I would plan on farming a vampire and a siren eventually, but that would be a ways off until you can attempt farming.

Yaari

Anyone had the luxury of getting their REM pulls duped because GungHo US forgot to enable the random level boost? I've seen all sorts of stories of people receiving every god they pulled, again, because GungHo messed up.

Not sure how much I like gods being duped like that.

Yeah I just got another shiva (lvl 35) the one I pulled last night was level 5, so it matches their criteria perfectly.

So now I have three Shivas...

lenni

I had one pull for the God fest and got an Ivory dragon, my thrid one. -_-"
I'd happily never pull again, even though I have no gods, but I need something different to advance, otherwise I'm stuck right now.

I had one pull for the God fest and got an Ivory dragon, my thrid one. -_-"
I'd happily never pull again, even though I have no gods, but I need something different to advance, otherwise I'm stuck right now.

Post pictures of your box and where you are at. It could be that you have moved on to endgame, which means you wait like the rest of us for The descended dungeons.

A lot of times you may have an underleveledonster that could make all the difference.

ParityBit

What is MAX level of skill level ups? is it skill level 7? I got my Vampire to 5 so far, wondering how far I have to go. And if it is standard for all monsters.

Skye

What is MAX level of skill level ups? is it skill level 7? I got my Vampire to 5 so far, wondering how far I have to go. And if it is standard for all monsters.

Varies by skill. Vampire's skill goes up to skill level 7 (from 11 turns to 5) but for example, a demon's Bomb skill can go from 30 turns to 5 turns (skill level 26?).

You can always check using the database: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=110 ([max turns - minimum turns +1] will give you the max skill level).

lenni

Post pictures of your box and where you are at. It could be that you have moved on to endgame, which means you wait like the rest of us for The descended dungeons.

A lot of times you may have an underleveledonster that could make all the difference.

I can't do any of the whisky dragons, as I only have an ADK and mono-light team.
If I had an Echidna I could go mono-red with the starter, but I've tried farming her since the beginning and never got her to drop.

Right now I'm at Ocean of Heaven last level and the "no leader skill" technical. I could progress some more through Normal, I guess, but I'd need some more levels on my ADK team.

My box is:
nVR6fLg.png

ZqXhBHV.png

Uthred

First attempt at Hera off to a roaring start, two 1 turn demons smoked my poverty resolve team. Having to base your HP around getting back to 70% - AmaO's HP feels super restrictive. But unfortunately all the other tactics seem to rely on monsters I dont have (Zeus, Odin, Orochi, Amaterasu).

Edit: Also is it just me or is the droprate on the Mechadragon terrible? Ran Master a load and never had it drop

Kosh

[US] 5/1/2013
Hera Descended for 24 hours.
Metal Dragons 15 stamina, 5 rounds, 2x king appearance rate

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

The times are listed in PDT.

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

Tried to stall on wave 2, cascaded into a 12 combo, thanks PAD.

I might have to sit out yet again because my HP total is too low, sigh

Edit: who wants free gods yes I want free gods
We have confirmed an issue with our Rare Egg Machine event.

On 4/30 8:00 PM (PDT), the Rare Egg Machine message mentioned that all event monsters would be dropped at Level 30 or higher.

However, this was not the case, and the following monsters were actually dropped at level 4 - 6.

Monster names:
Shiva
Freyr
Viper Orochi
Idunn & Idunna
Parvati
Freyja
Thor
Yomi
Loki

As of 4/30 11:15 PM (PDT) the issue has been corrected, and the Monsters are now dropping at level 30 or higher.

Anyone who pulled the Rare Egg Machine before the issue was corrected will receive the same Monster at level 35.

Affected players will be receiving a message in the app (1 message per monster). Once the message is opened, the Monster will be added to your Monster Box.

This compensation will begin around 5/1 1:30 AM (PDT).

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope you continue to enjoy Puzzle & Dragons.
Anybody who pulled an Orochi is a lucky ass motherfucker cause you get both a low HP resolver and a high leveled Force sub.

Cerity

Just tried running it with heavy resist team, CDK leader, angel, siren, hades, toyceratops (thought i'd evo'd it to fortoytops already) and a underlord inferno hades friend.

Lack of hp and unattentiveness meant i was offed in the first turn lol. Going to swap out toyceratops and angel for some higher hp monsters and try it again when i get more stam.

Radav

Holy CRAP! I just got sooooo lucky! After last night's 4 pathetic rolls I decided that if you combine the two events this was a really good shot at getting 3 of my most wanted gods. Horus, Parvati and Hades. Well, I just rolled 12 times and 6 were gold eggs.

Vritra (dupe but gold so I was at least a little happy)
Lilith (dupe again what will I do with 2 of these?)
Indra (3 golds eggs in a row!)
Cupid
Vampire lord (already have 2, will go towards 2nd one as skillup fodder)
Mystic Stone Knight (skillup fodder)
Titan (skillup fodder)
Dryad (oh no! this is my most common REM roll)
Echidna 4*
Parvati!!!!!
Horus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Horus!?!?@!

LOL Got two Horus in a row and that is where I'll stop. I got 2 of my 3 most wanted in 12 rolls which all in all, is pretty damn awesome. Now I can forget about rolling until 5.1. Hurray! So happy I can run an egyptian god team more often now. What do I do with my second Horus? Another question is what should I do with the Echidna? I have a 5* that's 1 point away from being max skill, I think I'm going to feed it it to her.

J0dy77

Anyone have a Green resist they can put up for me? I don't have any interest in Hera today and my dragons don't start until 2pm.

OTIX

Just tried running it with heavy resist team, CDK leader, angel, siren, hades, toyceratops (thought i'd evo'd it to fortoytops already) and a underlord inferno hades friend.

Lack of hp and unattentiveness meant i was offed in the first turn lol. Going to swap out toyceratops and angel for some higher hp monsters and try it again when i get more stam.
Are you talking about Hera? Because that team can't kill Neptune and can't survive Hades.

Lightweight suggestion for the rest of a Hera team?

Someone else will have to chime, I havn't ran it. I would imagine Siren + Poison/Armor Break + ??

Anyone been reading the Facebook page group the past few days? Lots of angry people lately it seems. Think I read that someone who has spent over 3k (
holy mother of god
) is quitting because of the trollfest that was the CDK dungeon yesterday.

Wonder if Gungho really cares?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Three pulls:

Idunn & Idunna (+HP)
Lakshmi (+RCV)
Siren (+RCV)

I honestly can't complain here. I really didn't need another Siren, but the other two lend themselves to a pretty decent Water team later on.

daemissary

Does anyone have a ridiculous max leveled Awoken Odin with some + eggs by chance?

I need one with ~4400 HP to get up to the 16400 needed to run Hera with the Amaterasu/Odin build.

Jagernaut

I usually get 3 weak pulls and 1 good one in these godfests. This time I pulled:

Dryad +1 rcv - fed to Siren
Cupid +1 rcv - fed to Siren
Machine golem +1 hp - will keep
Neptune Lv 33 - awesome, one of my most wanted monsters. Don't have the materials to evolve him to Sea Deity Neptune or even better, Abyss Neptune for Hera today.

figured i would pull one more on gatcha since i got a neptune and ammy last this weekend. Pulled and a 3* eggs came out. disappointed... then it turned into a Titan. FUCK YES. fire team almost complete.

66 ARES who is now +12 hp +8atk +1 rcv.
Phoenix Homura
Echinda
Gigas
Drall
meteor Volcano Dragon

hopefully i can get another god at some point and boost my attack power.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I usually get 3 weak pulls and 1 good one in these godfests. This time I pulled:

Dryad +1 rcv - fed to Siren
Cupid +1 rcv - fed to Siren
Machine golem +1 hp - will keep
Neptune Lv 33 - awesome, one of my most wanted monsters. Don't have the materials to evolve him to Sea Deity Neptune or even better, Abyss Neptune for Hera today.

This and Amaterasu are the two I REALLY want to pull. If I can find a discounted iTunes card before the event ends, I might go for it. Otherwise, it is what it is!

SaberVulcan

Saw all the ruckus over the insane pulls people were getting today, and I had 5 stones from the login bonuses for this event. Figured I would see what my luck would give...

Mystic Dark Knight...

To rub salt in the wound, after yesterday I was short 1 skillup for max, and this pull did not give it to me. God damnit.

ANYWAY!

Seems that my initial plan of Ammy + Odin wont work. Seems me not evolving my Odin is biting me in the ass, as I cannot surpas 15k HP with the Ammy helper. Guess I will have to try a double resist or resolve... just seems like significantly riskier strats for the first couple stages, especially since I only have 1 Siren (who is 1 away from Max).

Bleh, not sure I will be able to touch Hera this time either :|.

Jagernaut

Even with double resist, Hades will hit you with 20,000 so that strategy won't work unless you are willing to use a stone every time he attacks.

Even with double resist, Hades will hit you with 20,000 so that strategy won't work unless you are willing to use a stone every time he attacks.

but Odin + resist (90% resist at full health) will allow you to survive Hades, BUT you have to heal all the time, which is much more difficult than it sounds.

Try to find a friend with dual dark Hades to pair with your Odin, that way you have 60% even when you are not at full health.

Edit:
Also started a Hera run before work. First four stages had a mystic knight, guess what drops I got for the first four stages...

*NOTHING! not even the trash devils and demons*

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm going to need a second max skill Siren if I'm going to make this work. I can get into the dungeon a bit, but there are times when I simply cannot heal up to full. Sea Cave should go on 2x drop today, right? I'll work to skill her up by the end of the day and start one final run of Hera before sleep.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't think I can put light monsters in my team for some reason

You have to make sure that the monsters you're putting on your team do not exceed your maximum team count. On the team edit screen, there is a section that says team cost xx/yy. Make sure your leader + monster(s) do not exceed yy. A monster's cost can be found on their details page in your monster box.

I'm going to need a second max skill Siren if I'm going to make this work. I can get into the dungeon a bit, but there are times when I simply cannot heal up to full. Sea Cave should go on 2x drop today, right? I'll work to skill her up by the end of the day and start one final run of Hera before sleep.
Sea cave mercury has 1.5x drop tomorrow :/

I'm guessing your team cost is too high. Loki's cost is pretty high for a new player, so you might not have room for all the monsters you want right now.

Edit: where are my metal dragons? Is the schedule wrong?

Most likely do to team cost. Post your box and we should be able to help you out a bit. In the beginning you need to field your best guys you can and focus on 'team building' as you progress.

Gigas
Mermaid

no skill ups. This game will break me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sea cave mercury has 1.5x drop tomorrow :/

I'm guessing your team cost is too high. Loki's cost is pretty high for a new player, so you might not have room for all the monsters you want right now.

Edit: where are my metal dragons? Is the schedule wrong?

Assssss. That sucks. It will likely be impossible for me to clear Hera this time then. So close, yet so far!

SaberVulcan

but Odin + resist (90% resist at full health) will allow you to survive Hades, BUT you have to heal all the time, which is much more difficult than it sounds.

Try to find a friend with dual dark Hades to pair with your Odin, that way you have 60% even when you are not at full health.

Yeah, with only 1 6-Skill Siren it seems unlikely I will have enough heal to keep at full in the early waves (especially the first round, fucking devils).

Its funny, I am basically just a tad short on every team that can potentially beat this stupid place.
Ammy+Odin? Short 1k HP.
Odin+Neptune? Need another Siren.
Siren+Viper? Need another High-Dmg, Low-HP monster (shoulda fed my Skydragon yesterday...) or just more RCV on Siren.

Maybe I will just try the Odin+Neptune and see how bad it goes.

Wanchan

Yeah, with only 1 6-Skill Siren it seems unlikely I will have enough heal to keep at full in the early waves (especially the first round, fucking devils).

Its funny, I am basically just a tad short on every team that can potentially beat this stupid place.
Ammy+Odin? Short 1k HP.
Odin+Neptune? Need another Siren.
Siren+Viper? Need another High-Dmg, Low-HP monster (shoulda fed my Skydragon yesterday...) or just more RCV on Siren.

Maybe I will just try the Odin+Neptune and see how bad it goes.

I'm exactly in the same boat but i only had Hades/Neptune recently so i was sure i couldn't handle Hera this time, maybe next time... I'm either too low on HP or too low on team cost (evolved green odin is 45, that's way too much for my 102...not going to happen soon for me..)

wait wtf an admin sent me a level 35 loki as "compensation"

compensation for... what?
Loki and some other monsters were supposed to drop at LV30+ out of the rare egg machine, but for a brief period of time didnt. So they just give you one... except apparently some people are getting either a) monsters they didn't pull or b) monsters they pulled at 30+ the first time around.

SaberVulcan

thanks for the help guys

are pal eggs something I should do? or avoid

Hoard your PAL until there is an event which makes it worth pulling. Currently there is a higher chance for Gold Dragons.

wait wtf an admin sent me a level 35 loki as "compensation"

compensation for... what?

Apparently all the Gods who people pulled in todays Godfest should have been level 30+, but most of them werent. So, to compensate they replaced those low level gods with level 35 ones.

Not pulling today. This "fest" seems like shit. I have 10 stones, about to get 10 more for my 100 day, and am getting the free stone for each login during this fest, so whenever I do pull I should have about 25-30 stones.

Permanently A

Loki and some other monsters were supposed to drop at LV30+ out of the rare egg machine, but for a brief period of time didnt. So they just give you one... except apparently some people are getting either a) monsters they didn't pull or b) monsters they pulled at 30+ the first time around.

Hoard your PAL until there is an event which makes it worth pulling. Currently there is a higher chance for Gold Dragons.

Apparently all the Gods who people pulled in todays Godfest should have been level 30+, but most of them werent. So, to compensate they replaced those low level gods with level 35 ones.

I see, thanks. Although I still have old loki so... feed him to the new one?

oQvWrQd.png

Jagernaut

I had some extra stamina so I tried Hera but quit when I died after running out of hearts. If I can max skill my 2nd Siren and evolve the Neptune I just pulled today, I should be able to clear Hera next time easily without using stones.

I wish we had more notice when these dungeons will appear so we had time to get ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom