• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaari

If there is something you really need.. Running 2x Kings with 10 stones can otherwise get you plenty of exp. Compared to a duplicate or a 3-star egg.. Then again you could pull something awesome.

SaberVulcan

Well that was fun. Managed to get Hera with a Odin+Neptune team. His poison is definitely MVP.. honestly cant imagine running that place without it. Lilith poison is sooo much slower.

Ended up using 2 stones, 1 was me just completely fucking up, and the other was heart-starved after a stall and 2x defensive stances.

Now to wonder if I need another one... oh god.

Cerity

if you don't spot kings the first time through, give it a bit of a break and come back in say 5 minutes, usually works for me whenever farming for anything - except for things like mermaid.

Since I can zero stone Hera, I decided to "farm" her. Got a low level just because, second one I fed to dual dark hades (skill-up) and working on the third.

It's just so slow...

So would I be able to run Zeus with the following team?

Busty dark starter, lvl 40
Awoken Hera lvl 30
DD Hades lvl 48
Echidna 5* lvl 40
Persephone 5* lvl 45 (for orb changing)

With a high level Zeus friend leader.

If this can get me 75% of the way there then I might be able to eat the 6-8 stones for him.

J0dy77

So after a disastrous Godfest during the last event (40 stones across my two devices with nothing usable coming out), I made two pulls this week. Susano from the first community appreciation pull, awesome really wanted him. Then just said what the heck tonight and pulled this beautiful bastard with my last remaining roll:

6PyMVoKl.jpg

Didn't really want any of the Indian or Norse gods. But so so happy Neptune came out. Had to do a double take thinking it had to be another siren.

SaberVulcan

So after a disastrous Godfest during the last event (40 stones across my two devices with nothing usable coming out), I made two pulls this week. Susano from the first community appreciation pull, awesome really wanted him. Then just said what the heck tonight and pulled this beautiful bastard with my last remaining roll:

NEPTUNE HERE

Didn't really want any of the Indian or Norse gods. But so so happy Neptune came out. Had to do a double take thinking it had to be another siren.

Hate.

Dispatch

The urge to pull was too great, so I broke down and bought some stones. I pulled an Ameratsu (and a Toy Tops dupe). I'm pretty happy.

ccbfan

Pretty demoralizing 2 days of Puzzle and Dragons

Went 0 for 7 for CDK skill up.

Went 0 for 9 for Vamp skill up.

Roll once and got and dupe Pierdra.

Used 20+ Pal rolls and got 0 high/kings/super kings or anything useful period.

No one had a half wood damage up so I tried some different teams against Ancient team master. All failures.

daemissary

Pretty demoralizing 2 days of Puzzle and Dragons

Went 0 for 7 for CDK skill up.

Went 0 for 9 for Vamp skill up.

Roll once and got and dupe Pierdra.

Used 20+ Pal rolls and got 0 high/kings/super kings or anything useful period.

No one had a half wood damage up so I tried some different teams against Ancient team master. All failures.

I'll have my green ripper up for most of the next 11 days while that dungeon is up. 346 431 299

OTIX

Since I can zero stone Hera, I decided to "farm" her. Got a low level just because, second one I fed to dual dark hades (skill-up) and working on the third.

It's just so slow...

So would I be able to run Zeus with the following team?

Busty dark starter, lvl 40
Awoken Hera lvl 30
DD Hades lvl 48
Echidna 5* lvl 40
Persephone 5* lvl 45 (for orb changing)

With a high level Zeus friend leader.

If this can get me 75% of the way there then I might be able to eat the 6-8 stones for him.
You only have one orb change and one delay, both on long cool downs. I think it's unlikely you'll finish with under 10 stones.

Quick, before it ends -- is two Heras necessary/useful for anything?
Yes, two Hera/Hades are very useful. For Zeus or Valk dungeons, or just a dark team in general.

Here's my current dark team.

Lunar D Spinas
Vampire Lord
Dark Dragon Knight X2
Keeper of Rainbow

Siren, The Enchanter

I feel it's pretty weak as A Dark team or do I just suck? I tried rerolling for a Loki starter all day and had no success. Is it worth sticking to and leveling these guys? I'm a free player and don't see myself spending money and I've pretty much hit a wall so using the rare egg machine won't be too viable an action. Anything farmable that can make it better?

raiot

Wow... after I spent 9 stones of 97 stamina refills for the CDK Dungeon and getting my CDK skill to skill lvl 4, I just got my max skill verche after 1 stone refill...
Now I'm musing over a second max skill Verche, is this beneficial for a Zeus Team? I don't have a Mono White Team yet and only have a very underleveled Thor...

ParityBit

I have an itching for a Hades or Neptune. Should I pull? Or should I not.

I hate this feeling....I will probably get a Gryps Rider.

Wow... after I spent 9 stones of 97 stamina refills for the CDK Dungeon and getting my CDK skill to skill lvl 4, I just got my max skill verche after 1 stone refill...
Now I'm musing over a second max skill Verche, is this beneficial for a Zeus Team? I don't have a Mono White Team yet and only have a very underleveled Thor...

Just ran it once and had 2 drop. Small sample size, but hella better than CDK

Don't. You will get trolled. Accept it. What's your rider count at? I'm at 2.

edit : i pulled for you and got a Naga. Gave me a skill up though. You're welcome

OTIX

Here's my current dark team.

Lunar D Spinas
Vampire Lord
Dark Dragon Knight X2
Keeper of Rainbow

Siren, The Enchanter

I feel it's pretty weak as A Dark team or do I just suck? I tried rerolling for a Loki starter all day and had no success. Is it worth sticking to and leveling these guys? I'm a free player and don't see myself spending money and I've pretty much hit a wall so using the rare egg machine won't be too viable an action. Anything farmable that can make it better?
That's not a bad team, all of those are good monsters. If you max skill the Vampire and Siren you will have a very strong double orb change on a short cool down. Evolve the dark knights and get some decent levels in them, they will also be very useful when you get an ADK team. Spinas is very cheap to level and he gets a lot of stats per level so that's also worth doing.

Other than that I guess you just need some more experience playing an offensive team. You need to focus down dangerous enemies and use your orb changes at the right time, the general strategy should be to kill enemies before they hit you. Always try to go for big combos to get rid of gems you dont need. If there's a big boss coming up try to save some orbs you can change for big damage. For hard dungeons a Persephone helper is probably a good choice.

You only have one orb change and one delay, both on long cool downs. I think it's unlikely you'll finish with under 10 stones.

Yes, two Hera/Hades are very useful. For Zeus or Valk dungeons, or just a dark team in general.

Ok what about switching in a vampire lord (pathetically low level at 39 but skill level 3) or doubling up on echidna, or both?

Here is my dark monster box, and I have two echidnas. I am really looking for feedback here.

y9JWUDpl.jpg

Radav

7 Runs of today's dungeon 9 dragon fruit, 7 dragon plants. o_O So since we all sort of feel like this game kinda gives us stuff based on what we have in our box I fused all my dragon fruit onto my Parvati. 9 more runs 1 dragon fruit and a bucketload of plants, I averaged almost 3 per run netting 25 total. Take it for what you will.

ParityBit

Don't. You will get trolled. Accept it. What's your rider count at? I'm at 2.

edit : i pulled for you and got a Naga. Gave me a skill up though. You're welcome

Haha. Thanks!

I have 4. 2 Marine riders. Pretty sad I have to say.

I have been been slowing down on my playing lately. Between work and indecision, I have been just trying to level up the skill of my vampire. I have lots in my boxes to level up stuff. Just haven't.

J0dy77

7 Runs of today's dungeon 9 dragon fruit, 7 dragon plants. o_O So since we all sort of feel like this game kinda gives us stuff based on what we have in our box I fused all my dragon fruit onto my Parvati. 9 more runs 1 dragon fruit and a bucketload of plants, I averaged almost 3 per run netting 25 total. Take it for what you will.

You should never regret getting dragon fruit. They're 5k experience when fed, more to green monsters. They're exp value is better overall than a plant.

Think about it this way, 8 of those fruit are = 2 Green Pengdras without having to farm dragons and use a plants. Think of all the stamina saved.

OTIX

Ok what about switching in a vampire lord (pathetically low level at 39 but skill level 3) or doubling up on echidna, or both?

Here is my dark monster box, and I have two echidnas. I am really looking for feedback here.
It's not an easy choice, and with such low levels its gonna be difficult either way. I think I would probably go Vampire Lord leader with Hades, Hera, Persephone and Echidna subs. Double Echidna would be nice but that would gimp your dark damage quite a bit.

My suggestion is this, try to stall as much as you safely can on the early rounds and if you can reach the chimeras without dying and with Zeus almost charged up then you can pop Echidna and see how much damage you can do to them using your orb changers, then take stock of the situation and decide if you think it's worth it to start using stones. I think the best case scenario is that you spend a stone almost every round until Echidna and Persephone are back up and then you can hopefully finish off Zeus at that point. It all depends on your stats and combos though, it could take more than that.

It's not an easy choice, and with such low levels its gonna be difficult either way. I think I would probably go Vampire Lord leader with Hades, Hera, Persephone and Echidna subs. Double Echidna would be nice but that would gimp your dark damage quite a bit.

My suggestion is this, try to stall as much as you safely can on the early rounds and if you can reach the chimeras without dying and with Zeus almost charged up then you can pop Echidna and see how much damage you can do to them using your orb changers, then take stock of the situation and decide if you think it's worth it to start using stones. I think the best case scenario is that you spend a stone almost every round until Echidna and Persephone are back up and then you can hopefully finish off Zeus at that point. It all depends on your stats and combos though, it could take more than that.

I did not realize that the Chimeras were such a pain in Zues's dungeon... Oh well next time Zues... Next time...

OTIX

You should never regret getting dragon fruit. They're 5k experience when fed, more to green monsters. They're exp value is better overall than a plant.

Think about it this way, 8 of those fruit are = 2 Green Pengdras without having to farm dragons and use a plants. Think of all the stamina saved.
When making evolved pengdras roughly a quarter of the total stamina is spent farming plants so you could say each plant is worth at least 11k xp. So it's a little better to get a plant than a fruit on the last stage, however it's a good thing to get a lone fruit on an earlier wave since the chance of getting a plant on a normal wave is low.

I did not realize that the Chimeras were such a pain in Zues's dungeon... Oh well next time Zues... Next time...
I think you should give it a shot, see how far you can make it and if you can deal some good damage on the chimeras then maybe go for it. Zeus is easier than the chimeras, with triple gravity he has only about 1.2m HP and takes double damage from dark. Even if you decide to abort its still good practice for charging skills in such a dangerous dungeon. I'm sure you've wasted 50 stam on less. :p

Kosh

[US] 5/2/2013
Blade of Justice is open for 24 hours - Mystic Light Swordsman dungeon!
Ruby Dragons - 20 stamina, 5 rounds, 2x king appearance rate

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
The times are listed in PDT.

A: 11:00 16:00 21:00
B: 12:00 17:00 22:00
C: 8:00 13:00 18:00
D: 9:00 14:00 19:00
E: 10:00 15:00 20:00

~The schedule is subject to change~

I think you should give it a shot, see how far you can make it and if you can deal some good damage on the chimeras then maybe go for it. Zeus is easier than the chimeras, with triple gravity he has only about 1.2m HP and takes double damage from dark. Even if you decide to abort its still good practice for charging skills in such a dangerous dungeon. I'm sure you've wasted 50 stam on less. :p

I think I'm going to try it out, but I likely won't spend stones. My team is:

Duke (lvl 59/max skill)
CDK (lvl 64/max skill)
Awoken Hera (lvl 59)
Hera (max)
Demon Viper Orochi (lvl46)
OR
Echinda tRE (lvl 55)
Zeus friend

I know I need to pump some levels in but I'd like to get a feel for the dungeon and maybe really go for it next time.

SaberVulcan

I pulled 66 stones worth when the Community event started for a Hades or Neptune. I regret it..

I think I'm going to try it out, but I likely won't spend stones. My team is:

Duke (lvl 59/max skill)
CDK (lvl 64/max skill)
Awoken Hera (lvl 59)
Hera (max)
Demon Viper Orochi (lvl46)
OR
Echinda tRE (lvl 55)
Zeus friend

I know I need to pump some levels in but I'd like to get a feel for the dungeon and maybe really go for it next time.

There is a guy who posted a similar team on puzzledragonx http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=252 (2nd from bottom).

Im probably going to try a similar team on my crack at Zeus (Hera for Hades, Echidna for Viper) but I dont expect it to go well. We'll see though.

mercviper

Ruby dragons are up right now for group B so the schedule is not accurate.

I think it's still accurate but the schedule is displayed as starting 8am when it should be starting 6am. Like yesterday as Group C I was getting the right ones (12/7/12) except my midnight one didn't show, which if it was the 6am schedule would've meant I didn't get midnight and instead 7am for 7/12/7. /shrug

Edit: Group C's Rubies are up now, so it seems the schedule is only inaccurate in it's range of times, but the intervals should be correct.

J0dy77

When making evolved pengdras roughly a quarter of the total stamina is spent farming plants so you could say each plant is worth at least 11k xp. So it's a little better to get a plant than a fruit on the last stage, however it's a good thing to get a lone fruit on an earlier wave since the chance of getting a plant on a normal wave is low.

The stamina it takes to farm the metal dragons is the big hit, 20 stamina for 2 dragons plus the plant. It's splitting hairs really, but my point is that getting a fruit over a plant is not a bad thing. If you get a carbuncle, then get pissed. lol

Ruby dragons are up right now for group B so the schedule is not accurate.

Damn, thanks for the heads up but I missed it. Looks like I'll still catch the other two rounds as scheduled.

Nista

I think it's still accurate but the schedule is displayed as starting 8am when it should be starting 6am. Like yesterday as Group C I was getting the right ones (12/7/12) except my midnight one didn't show, which if it was the 6am schedule would've meant I didn't get midnight and instead 7am for 7/12/7. /shrug

Edit: Group C's Rubies are up now, so it seems the schedule is only inaccurate in it's range of times, but the intervals should be correct.

Well my group E rubies were up at 1AM PST last night, so who knows what the schedule is going to be for them today.

Well my group E rubies were up at 1AM PST last night, so who knows what the schedule is going to be for them today.

What??? I'm group E and I could have used some red dragons, pretty much of any type. Oh well, I'm starting to get into the 'if I manage to be online at the right time that's cool, if not...eh' frame of mind with the game. Still playing a lot but I am trying to ween myself off the need to buy stones.

Plant farming has been pretty successful so far. I've gotten at least two plants on each run and even got 3 once.

OTIX

Verche dungeon is weird. First run I got 2 MLKs, the next 11 runs I got 0. And now I just got 2 in one run again. Weird.

Jagernaut

I also just got a mystic light knight after 5 runs on expert and have him ready to evolve to Verche. I just need the materials. I now have 2 Chaos Dark Knights and 1 each of the other knights, but all are at their base skill level. I haven't got enough of them to drop to increase their skills.

Haha. Thanks!

I have 4. 2 Marine riders. Pretty sad I have to say.

I have been been slowing down on my playing lately. Between work and indecision, I have been just trying to level up the skill of my vampire. I have lots in my boxes to level up stuff. Just haven't.

damn man, 4? I'm so sorry.

Slowing down as well. Outside of these week long 'events', things are just a grind. Pengrdas, Plants, metal Dragons, repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom