• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeKillr

I think I'm going to try it out, but I likely won't spend stones. My team is:

Duke (lvl 59/max skill)
CDK (lvl 64/max skill)
Awoken Hera (lvl 59)
Hera (max)
Demon Viper Orochi (lvl46)
OR
Echinda tRE (lvl 55)
Zeus friend

I know I need to pump some levels in but I'd like to get a feel for the dungeon and maybe really go for it next time.

From what I understand, there's no way you can clear this without using stones because you'll die on every hit or so from Zeus.

That said, you're probably better off using Orochi than Echidna simply because he delays for longer, giving you more turns hacking away at him.

raiot

You will definitly need stones. But it is well spent on Zeus and you have to plan for around 10. Most of them will be fed to the chimeras...

TimeKillr

You will definitly need stones. But it is well spent on Zeus and you have to plan for around 10. Most of them will be fed to the chimeras...

Pretty much. I don't care (I'm an IAP player and will gladly splurge to get a Zeus) but I know some people will be disappointed.

I'm just happy it came back relatively quickly. It took months before Zeus came back a 2nd time, same for Hera - now GungHo US seems to be taking a cue from the Japanese version and putting more and more events, which is great for us.

xCobalt

Has anyone tried taking down Zeus with one of those Noel Dragon teams? With 4x HP and a properly levelled team, I could probably reach close to 60k hp. The chimeras could be a problem with their binding though.

Radav

Has anyone tried taking down Zeus with one of those Noel Dragon teams? With 4x HP and a properly levelled team, I could probably reach close to 60k hp. The chimeras could be a problem with their binding though.

Yeah I think those chimeras would be the issue. I'm going to give the dungeon a shot with Ra and see how it goes knowing full well I'm still a mile away from my team having the levels to 0 stone it without a rather large amount of luck. I don't like the fact that they kinda build these dungeons to force you to spend stones but, if I were to get to Zues without spending any stones I'll definitely drop a couple to nab him if I need to. I really hope we see them add some more fights where it's possible to get through a challenging dungeon without the high probability of needing to spend stones to win. Another thought I had while considering the whole Zues/Valk dungeon thing is once the game hits the two year mark and they start adding more and more new monsters it might be a good idea to take some of the older gods that the community considers essential to "end game" and put them in some dungeons similar to the dragon dungeons.

OTIX

Also Zeus has 5500 armour so the only way to kill him would be Neptune and/or nukes. In any case it would take hundreds of turns, even if you can outheal his damage in theory there's no way of doing it consistently for that long.

xCobalt

Also Zeus has 5500 armour so the only way to kill him would be Neptune and/or nukes. In any case it would take hundreds of turns, even if you can outheal his damage in theory there's no way of doing it consistently for that long.

That's true. I'll probably wait it out until Hera-Is is released in the US. That would probably make the Blue Noel dragon team more viable.

TimeKillr

Yeah the drop rates in those dungeons are ridiculous. I hate farming them with a passion.

Not to mention, strangely enough, that I got all my drops from random showing and never from the boss stage, which I find to be completely idiotic.

raiot

My Zeus team consists of:
Zeus, Verche max skill, Echidna, Demon Viper Orochi, Princess Valkyrie.
Any point on skilling up a Second Verche? I also have a max skill harpie demon, mech dragon and a very low level Thor as subs..
Any Ideas?

ccbfan

My skill up rate for swordsman have been so horrendous that I've pretty much completely given up on skilling them up anymore.

I'll do them if there's nothing else to do but today with both ruby dragons and dragon plants (I have 8 red pengdras and 10 blue pengdras from Monday) I'd rather to those.

Pacman2k

My skill up rate for swordsman have been so horrendous that I've pretty much completely given up on skilling them up anymore.

I'll do them if there's nothing else to do but today with both ruby dragons and dragon plants (I have 8 red pengdras and 10 blue pengdras from Monday) I'd rather to those.

I'm with you. I never get skill ups on my swordsmen, it's awful.

Somehow I have a drawn joker at skill level 3 or 4, but every single one of my swordsmen is still at level 1 after tons of feeds.

Annoying.

Uthred

Are these characters in the game or just fan art?

1050banner.png

I sort of wish there was an equivalent to that Autodragon LE progam that got mentioned earlier in the thread for android. I enjoy using Isis on tough dungeons, but for farming shit like the Thursday dungeon its just tedious.

Jagernaut

I am considering feeding my Blue Noel dragon to my Lv 60 Siren the Enchanter for that sweet 1.5 million xp. Is this a bad idea? Is the Noel dragon important for some advanced dungeon? I want to max out my Siren and add enough + rcv eggs to reach 824 rcv.

lenni

I'm glad I got my Verche to max skill during the CoS/itA event.
I really hope we get to see that again soon, I'd like to skill up my ADK and I don't have much hope for the dungeon this weekend.

Yaari

I am considering feeding my Blue Noel dragon to my Lv 60 Siren the Enchanter for that sweet 1.5 million xp. Is this a bad idea? Is the Noel dragon important for some advanced dungeon? I want to max out my Siren and add enough + rcv eggs to reach 824 rcv.

I wouldnt want to do it. My Blue Noel has helped me in some very difficult dungeons already. I might even use it for Goemon depending on my other possible teams state.

Colby

I agree with Yaari. The 4x HP/RCV has gotten me through many a dungeon. If they give us the dungeon again, and you get a second one, then definitely cannibalize one.

mercviper

I agree with Yaari. The 4x HP/RCV has gotten me through many a dungeon. If they give us the dungeon again, and you get a second one, then definitely cannibalize one.

Couldn't agree more. The 1.5mil is tantalizing, but as a leader, Noel acts as 50% ALL reduction if you run a mono-color team to match the Noel. It's very versatile and hard to replace where I'm at now.

I'm glad I got my Verche to max skill during the CoS/itA event.
I really hope we get to see that again soon, I'd like to skill up my ADK and I don't have much hope for the dungeon this weekend.
I concentrated on my CDKs during the COSITA event. Was able to max out 2 of them between COSITA, dupe rare pulls, and special dungeon drops. So I was fortunate to not have to farm the Dark Sword dungeon a couple days ago, since it sounds like the drop rate was horrendous. I am farming the Verche dungeon today, though. Maxed-out my first Verche with 18 feeders. Currently have 8 feeders stocked up for my second one, but I'll try to get at least 10 before I start feeding it. I just like to feed 5 at a time. I farmed 7 Heras yesterday, and got 0 skill-ups out of 5 feeders for my Underworld Hades. I just decided to keep the extra 2 as low-level Gravity monsters for a Perseverance team. I also got 3 Mystic Knights during those Hera runs, and 1 skill-up from them.

Ok this was kind of ridiculous. I really liked the CAREE rem, so I decided to pull one more time.

Previously this week I had gotten my third Susano, today I drew my fourth...

I can't complain because its a god, but so weird that its always the same Japanese one

Holy shit! I was able max-skill my second Verche with only 10 MLKs! So 28 total MLKs to max both Verches. Combined with some rank-up management, I spent about 8 stones for it. So, I estimate an average of 1 MLK for every 3+ runs. I never got more than 2 in a single run.

So, now I have a max-skilled pair of each of ADK, CDK, and Verche. Now to hope that GungHo releases special dungeons for the other two Mystic Knights as well as the Ninja orb changers.

Guess I'll get to farm Plants and Dragons for the rest of the day after all. And Rubies are perfect for my newly-pulled Freyr. Today has been good to me. :D

TimeKillr

Holy shit! I was able max-skill my second Verche with only 10 MLKs! So 28 total MLKs to max both Verches. Combined with some rank-up management, I spent about 8 stones for it. So, I estimate an average of 1 MLK for every 3+ runs. I never got more than 2 in a single run.

So, now I have a max-skilled pair of each of ADK, CDK, and Verche. Now to hope that GungHo releases special dungeons for the other two Mystic Knights as well as the Ninja orb changers.

Guess I'll get to farm Plants and Dragons for the rest of the day after all. And Rubies are perfect for my newly-pulled Freyr. Today has been good to me. :D

Yeah you're lucky :)

I've been averaging one MLK for every 7 runs... same for CDK, it was ridiculous.

From what I understand, there's no way you can clear this without using stones because you'll die on every hit or so from Zeus.

That said, you're probably better off using Orochi than Echidna simply because he delays for longer, giving you more turns hacking away at him.
Yeah I know I would need to spend stones to beat it. I kind of just want to get a feel for the dungeon overall. Though I guess it's not worth wasting 50 stamina when I know I won't win...

Damnit. used a stone on a shitty continue by accident. I hate how when you choose not to use one it asks you if you are sure but if you press yes...bam. gone.

Oh my god how much money must you have spent on the game to max skill a Blue Odin

BJO5utlCcAElCzF.jpg

I've probably only even SEEN two Blue Odins since I started playing in December

Skye

What are some good subs for a Horus team? Heart to whatever changers? Just whatever's available with good stats?

Cerity

aww yiss just max skilled my siren, took 23 gobs. Fed them one at a time. Picked up an MLK this morning and evo'd that too, time to farm for more MLK's.

Have slowly tried building a decent Dark team but I'm short some Gods and rerolling on alt accounts has been abysmal(probably done it damn near a hundred times) So I'm sticking to what I have and will save my Crystals for a God fest in hopes of pulling Loki, Persephone, Hades. Here is my current line up.

LV 19: Lunar D Spinas
LV 26: Vampire Lord
LV 46: Dark Dragon Knight
LV 15: Dark Dragon Knight
Max: Keeper of Rainbow
LV 39: Siren, The Enchanter

Looking to farm a Lilith soon. Please add me if you play Dark.

Forum Name: CountAntonius
In-Game Name: Count
ID Number: 352,447,275
Dark Leader/s: Level 19 Moondragon D'spinas
Other Info: Running a Lot of Siren, The Enchater to help me grind.

J0dy77

So far just from personal experience, it really doesn't feel like a 2x King event.

I woke up to my sapphire dungeon this morning. Got 4 kings in three runs. I've NEVER gotten two in one run. I'm having a very good rng week. It comes and goes for all of us.

J0dy77

Thank the P&D gods. Max skilled and evolved my vamp up to duke. Rage selling baddies never felt so good.

That's a great feeling. My duke is just over 50 now and a beast. One of my favorite mobs for the stats, max skill and artwork.

What are some good subs for a Horus team? Heart to whatever changers? Just whatever's available with good stats?

You got it. Delay characters are just as important, echidna and viper. Stats after that. I did a big write up on the teams somewhere in this thread. Search my name and Horus, should find it.

aww yiss just max skilled my siren, took 23 gobs. Fed them one at a time. Picked up an MLK this morning and evo'd that too, time to farm for more MLK's.

FYI, feeding 5 at a time has the same effect. I've gotten multiple skillups that way, it's just a waste to do it 1at a time.

Unless you got some mojo going or something..

TimeKillr

I've decided today I'll be maxing my vamp lord for sunday.

I started at SL2 - every 5 I matched, I got a skill up!

He's SL6 now - one more and he'll be maxed, which should be great for Zeus :) Too bad my CDK isn't maxed SL, but hey.

Kosh

[US] 5/3/2013
Sapphire Dragons 20 stamina, 5 rounds, 2x king appearance rate

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

5/4 Early Morning Emerald
A: 0:00 Emerald
B: 1:00 Emerald
C: 2:00 Emerald

Radav

[US] 5/3/2013
Sapphire Dragons 20 stamina, 5 rounds, 2x king appearance rate

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

5/4 Early Morning Emerald
A: 0:00 Emerald
B: 1:00 Emerald
C: 2:00 Emerald

What the heck is the early morning emerald? Does this mean we get an extra one in addition to the normal 3 hour long time slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom