• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Are there any approximate experience tables? I need 3300 to hit rank 100. I need to decide how much stam to save up and which dungeon to run! At 7 currently. I HAAAATE not having stam. :(

Holy cow Loki is getting another evo in the next update?
Pet656.png

I really need to get him. =(

This guy looks amazing as well.
638.jpg

Radav

Woo! Just ran sapphire dungeons 4 times got 1 King and 1 High each run. Nice! Tomorrow is jewel tower AND emerald which means I'll have to spend two or three stones for stam refills tomorrow. I've got a bunch of green pengdras ready to go that Susano will be eating. Anyone know what they're planning on using to run Jewel Tower Master with tomorrow? My best bet is probably mono-blue but I have very few friends who run blue leads. Hmm..

Thanks - the approximation was about 200 XP short. Fuck. Now I need to wait 20 minutes for enough stam to roll a low level dungeon to level, haha. Thanks for the links, though!

Yesterday I ran a dungeon and was 41 xp away from level up with 4 stamina left. Can't remember the last time I ran an early dungeon.

Got a plant to drop too. woot.

I am tempted to drop another few bucks to get 30 stones and take my chances on the rare machine. I would be hoping for Ares or Horus. Somebody want to save my wallet and convince me not to? :)

I am tempted to drop another few bucks to get 30 stones and take my chances on the rare machine. I would be hoping for Ares or Horus. Somebody want to save my wallet and convince me not to? :)

To Pull or to not Pull?

Is it a god fest --------> Yes ------> PULLLL
|
|
NO
|
|
Don't Pull
|
|
But I want something!!
|
|
Still No

You've been warned

Torches of Hellfire Rare Egg Machine Event
5/03 - 5/09 11:59 PM (PDT)
The Torches of Hellfire are burning up the Rare Egg Machine!!!

20 Fire Attribute Monsters have a higher chance to pop out at level 30.

If you've been looking for some powerful Fire Monsters to fill out your teams, now's the perfect time to get them with increased rates at the Rare Egg Machine.

Event includes:

Ares #567
Freyr #368
Horus #490
Kagutsuchi #132
Minerva #122
Mochuzuki Chiyome #555

...and more!

To add onto MMBosstones86's post, I'll add my experience from yesterday.

When I saw that the event had change to a Fire one, I spontaneously decided to pull until I got a gold egg. I didn't even need anything in particular, though I wouldn't have minded a Kagutsuchi or Minerva, since I sold off my Kagutsuchi and never pulled a Minerva before. But no matter what, I was just going to pull until I got a single gold egg. I got 8 star eggs in a row(these are the lowest rarity eggs that can be pulled from the rare machine) before a gold egg finally popped out. It was a Beast Rider. So much for that little experiment.

Yeah. Stick to god fests, unless you're rolling a new account and have unlimited tries at a good first pull. The god fests always stack with whatever other event is going on at the time, making gold eggs drop much more frequently than normal events.

J0dy77

Woo! Just ran sapphire dungeons 4 times got 1 King and 1 High each run. Nice! Tomorrow is jewel tower AND emerald which means I'll have to spend two or three stones for stam refills tomorrow. I've got a bunch of green pengdras ready to go that Susano will be eating. Anyone know what they're planning on using to run Jewel Tower Master with tomorrow? My best bet is probably mono-blue but I have very few friends who run blue leads. Hmm..

So what is the information on the Jewel Dungeon tomorrow? What kind of team do you need for it? No clue what I'm getting into.

Radav

So what is the information on the Jewel Dungeon tomorrow? What kind of team do you need for it? No clue what I'm getting into.

It's one of these dungeons that had 3 levels of difficulty all 15 stamina. Rare appearances by mythlits, dub-mythlits and Gold Super Kings can occur. Like George said it's also supposed to have a very high +egg rate. here's the link to the information on it.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=404

I'm getting my hopes up that I'll be able to nab a few Super Kings if i run it a bunch but I suspect those hopes will be dashed and I'll end up being happy with the 1 dub-mythlit I get in 20 runs or something. lol On master the 2 carbuncles at the end can pack quite a whallop but it looks like a solid mono-color team with a way to kill off a super king can do it fairly easily.

daw840

Where's the best place to find a red demon mask? I only need one and I used all my stamina on the mask level Wednesday and didnt get it. :(

The Master level dungeon looks to be on par with the weekend dungeon as far as the boss level. However, it's all 5 colors instead of Tricolor, so that makes it a little more difficult. Also, random rare Super Gold King appearances could cause trouble if you're not prepared for it. They have 60K defense and 5000 HP, so you'll either need to break its defense or poison it to kill it. Random Dub-mythlits may be trouble for some also, but less so than the Super Kings. Lastly, it's only 5 battles, so take skill charging into consideration.

I think mono color teams with HP and RCV multipliers would be the safest route. Just bring along an armor breaker or poisoner. High ATK multiplier teams like ADK and Zeus can farm it faster, but it's riskier due to low HP and RCV. I'll probably start out with my Wood/Dark ADK team and see how I do with that first. All my ADKs and CDKs are max skilled, so they should be charged by the boss level, and CDK's element is strong against Gold Dragons, so I could just try to brute force past it's defense if I run into any.

Colby

I feel like the first 10 posts on every page should say, "ONLY PULL DURING GOD EVENTS."

We've all been burned WAY too much.

Yaari

That fire event is great, some good stuff in there. But as said, I don't think anyone ever responded positively after pulling during stuff like that.

In fact my own experiences is that I was more likely to get stuff unrelated to the event at all. I'd get Dark during Light. Bleh.

For Tower of Jewel tomorrow, that doesnt seem to be a good dungeon at all. I was planning on dropping stones for that one but in the 12 videos I watched from Youtube clears, the rewards sucked pretty badly. Not worth it in my opinion.

I've been working on that dark team I posted the other day. here's where I am at now:

Duke Vampire Lord - level 43 - SL5
Awoken Hera - 36
Awoken Hera - 34
CDK - 47 - SL2
Echidna - 50

Other dark monsters I have:
Hadar - 47
Anubis - 13
Loki, the God of Guile - 16
Elysion - 19
Hell Queen Persephone - 33
Persephone - 6
Thanatos - 13
Moondragon D'Spinas - 20
Drawn Joker - 19
Wooden Dark Tiamat - 16
Lilith the Witch of the Night - 30
CDD - 26

Questions:
1 - Would that team beat Zeus with a reasonable number of stones?
2 - Do I need a second Persephone?
3 - Is it worth it for me to ultimate evo D'Spinas?
4 - Best dark team using my monsters?

Thanks!

I've been working on that dark team I posted the other day. here's where I am at now:

Awoken Hera - 36
Awoken Hera - 34
CDK - 47 - SL2
Echidna - 50

Hadar - 47
Anubis - 13
Elysion - 19
Persephone - 6
Thanatos - 13
Moondragon D'Spinas - 20
Drawn Joker - 19
Wooden Dark Tiamat - 16
CDD - 26

Questions:

Thanks!

This is where you wanna be.

You have a fantastic Dark team. from what I've read this should be your line up.

Loki(Leader)
Hell Queen Persephone
CDK
Duke Vampire Lord
Anubis
Persephone(Friend)

Damn I am envious of all your gods. Level up you Loki ASAP he and Persephone are without a doubt the best leaders. D Spinas only needs leveling if you don't have a better leader. You do. You have all the orb changers you need and can switch out anubis with someone else depending on the dungeons needed.

xCobalt

Awoken Hera - 36
Awoken Hera - 34
CDK - 47 - SL2
Echidna - 50

Hadar - 47
Anubis - 13
Elysion - 19
Persephone - 6
Thanatos - 13
Moondragon D'Spinas - 20
Drawn Joker - 19
Wooden Dark Tiamat - 16
CDD - 26

Questions:

Thanks!

The team composition is good enough to beat Zeus but you definitely need more levels. Hera and Duke have good stats once you level them up high enough. I'm in the process of developing that same team too. You probably don't need a second persephone or the ultimate d'spinas considering you already have Loki.

OTIX

This is where you wanna be.

You have a fantastic Dark team. from what I've read this should be your line up.

Loki(Leader)
Hell Queen Persephone
CDK
Duke Vampire Lord
Anubis
Persephone(Friend)

Damn I am envious of all your gods. Level up you Loki ASAP he and Persephone are without a doubt the best leaders. D Spinas only needs leveling if you don't have a better leader. You do. You have all the orb changers you need and can switch out anubis with someone else depending on the dungeons needed.
In most cases I'd much rather use a couple Heras as subs instead of Persephone and Anubis. Heras skill is great and her ATK is much higher, her RCV is lower but that team has a 3x RCV multiplier anyway so it's gonna be overkill. Anubis skill is pretty bad and Persephones orb change has a long cool down and is kinda superfluous with three other orb changers on the team, especially since they change the same orbs.

In most cases I'd much rather use a couple Heras as subs instead of Persephone and Anubis. Heras skill is great and her ATK is much higher, her RCV is lower but that team has a 3x RCV multiplier anyway so it's gonna be overkill. Anubis skill is pretty bad and Persephones orb change has a long cool down and is kinda superfluous with three other orb changers on the team, especially since they change the same orbs.

True. I forgot about her cool down. Is hades better than hera if you have both?

OTIX

True. I forgot about her cool down. Is hades better than hera if you have both?
Yes Hades has better stats, he can get a secondary attribute and his leader skill is actually useful. So Hades is better in every way, though as a sub it's mostly a case of more RCV.

For Tower of Jewel tomorrow, that doesnt seem to be a good dungeon at all. I was planning on dropping stones for that one but in the 12 videos I watched from Youtube clears, the rewards sucked pretty badly. Not worth it in my opinion.
Did you take note of how many +eggs were dropped in those 12 runs?

razterik

Awoken Hera - 36
Awoken Hera - 34
CDK - 47 - SL2
Echidna - 50

Hadar - 47
Anubis - 13
Elysion - 19
Persephone - 6
Thanatos - 13
Moondragon D'Spinas - 20
Drawn Joker - 19
Wooden Dark Tiamat - 16
CDD - 26

Questions:

Thanks!

You can do Zeus with that team at about ten stones. Might be a fair bit more if you have alternating chimeras, so you should consider dropping out if that is the case.

As for jewel tower, I think part of its popularity is because the JP version sticks around long enough to go 2x drops.

Awoken Hera - 36
Awoken Hera - 34
CDK - 47 - SL2
Echidna - 50

Hadar - 47
Anubis - 13
Elysion - 19
Persephone - 6
Thanatos - 13
Moondragon D'Spinas - 20
Drawn Joker - 19
Wooden Dark Tiamat - 16
CDD - 26

Questions:

Thanks!

To add to the discussion, depending on who your friend leader is, you may want to sub Loki into the leader slot. Loki's x2 RCV is kinda useless because you should expect many things to OHKO you, but his active is incredibly useful for burst damage. But you probably won't want to do that unless you have a max SL Duke as a friend leader.

If we somehow luck out and somehow get Hera-Is before Zeus rolls around again you'll want her as friend leader for the extra Gigagravity and 2.5x to Dark.

8 Supreme Jewel - Master runs and not a single +egg. I got a few High Dragons and 1 Dub-mythlit along with the various Chimera and Beast drops. Ran the midnight Emerald dungeon for the rest of the hour instead and got 7 Kings in 6 runs. High +egg drop rate my ass.

It also looks like GungHo made the weekend Tricolor dungeon 2x coins instead of 1.5x, so I'll take advantage of that instead of Tower of Jewel. I think someone here mentioned that Tower of Jewel in the Japanese game gets a 2x drop rate bonus, so maybe that's where the stories of high +egg drops come from. Yaari is right. The Tower of Jewel dungeon doesn't seem worth the stamina. I'd rather run the weekend dungeon or Ocean of Heaven Neptune.

Dispatch

8 Supreme Jewel - Master runs and not a single +egg. I got a few High Dragons and 1 Dub-mythlit along with the various Chimera and Beast drops. Ran the midnight Emerald dungeon for the rest of the hour instead and got 7 Kings in 6 runs. High +egg drop rate my ass.

It also looks like GungHo made the weekend Tricolor dungeon 2x coins instead of 1.5x, so I'll take advantage of that instead of Tower of Jewel. I think someone here mentioned that Tower of Jewel in the Japanese game gets a 2x drop rate bonus, so maybe that's where the stories of high +egg drops come from. Yaari is right. The Tower of Jewel dungeon doesn't seem worth the stamina. I'd rather run the weekend dungeon or Ocean of Heaven Neptune.

Either my luck (this morning) is good, or yours has been, unfortunately, bad. I've done two runs and received four +eggs.

J0dy77

The Master level dungeon looks to be on par with the weekend dungeon as far as the boss level. However, it's all 5 colors instead of Tricolor, so that makes it a little more difficult. Also, random rare Super Gold King appearances could cause trouble if you're not prepared for it. They have 60K defense and 5000 HP, so you'll either need to break its defense or poison it to kill it. Random Dub-mythlits may be trouble for some also, but less so than the Super Kings. Lastly, it's only 5 battles, so take skill charging into consideration.

I think mono color teams with HP and RCV multipliers would be the safest route. Just bring along an armor breaker or poisoner. High ATK multiplier teams like ADK and Zeus can farm it faster, but it's riskier due to low HP and RCV. I'll probably start out with my Wood/Dark ADK team and see how I do with that first. All my ADKs and CDKs are max skilled, so they should be charged by the boss level, and CDK's element is strong against Gold Dragons, so I could just try to brute force past it's defense if I run into any.

Thanks for the info George. I cleared the first two levels this morning just to get them out of the way. I'm going to level with the weekend dungeon and then finish it off.

That fire event is great, some good stuff in there. But as said, I don't think anyone ever responded positively after pulling during stuff like that.

I think the biggest thing with the God events is that they stack with whatever is active. This last god event was really nice stacking with the community appreciation event. Only pain and suffering outside of the God events.

Even Fenrir Knight things that art is terribad

Awww poor Helheim, I don't mind the artwork. lol

I'm kind of glad this is the case. I'm going to give it a few clears and see if I get lucky with a super king. Otherwise I'm stacking coins and leveling in the weekend dungeon. I usually hover around 2.5 million coins but lost about a million this week feeding everything I could to mobs.

Tower of Jewels? More like Tower of Fools...

At least it is a stone clear, had to do master twice because I got unlucky with a massive amount of light orbs and no red or heart (running a shiva/ares mono red team).

No + eggs in either run

Radav

Dang, I thought the tower of jewel might be too good to be true. I need 1 dub-mythlit and don't need coins or mystic masks so I'll probably use the rest of my stamina on it after I run the emerald dragons a bunch.

Kosh

[US] 5/4/2013
Tower of Jewel open for 24 hours
Weekend dungeon with 2x coins!!
Ancient Wood Dragon 2x drop starts noon PDT
Emeralds Dragons 20 stamina, 5 rounds, 2x king appearance rate

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9). This is listed in PDT time.

>>SCHEDULE IS STILL BEING MONITORED BUT ALL THESE HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED FOR ALL GROUPS<<
A: 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00
B: 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00
D: 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
E: 8:00 13:00 18:00

Nista

Since the wood whiskey is 2x drop today,think ill actually give it a shot. What sort of team do you guys suggest if I don't have a strong mono green or red team?

I could go blue Noel but will I run up against the chimera wall in stage 5? I also have Isis/Horus so I couldgothat route with resist and rainbow keepers maybe?

OTIX

Since the wood whiskey is 2x drop today,think ill actually give it a shot. What sort of team do you guys suggest if I don't have a strong mono green or red team?

I could go blue Noel but will I run up against the chimera wall in stage 5? I also have Isis/Horus so I couldgothat route with resist and rainbow keepers maybe?
Horus doesn't work since it's tricolour. Isis works great though, with green resist and 2 keepers/golems it should be very doable. Make sure you have 13.5k HP and decent RCV.

Either my luck (this morning) is good, or yours has been, unfortunately, bad. I've done two runs and received four +eggs.
I ran Master twice and saw a +egg drop each time.

Got murdered on the last level, but take it for what it's worth.
Okay. Ran Master 4 more times after seeing your posts. 0 +eggs. RNG gonna RNG. Glad to see the RNG was on your side for once, MMBosstones86. =)

Radav

12 Emerald Dragon Runs, 8 Kings 5 Highs. I've been getting the 3 of 4 ratio pretty consistently. Got Susano to level 80 with a GREAT! on 4 kings and an evolved Pengdra. What are the chances we get gold dragons tomorrow? I wonder if we won't be getting them because of the gold eggs in the PAL machine. Really hope we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom