• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok quick poll: is a needed mystic mask worth a stone?

Background:
I need a mystic mask to evo my Persephone, and the x2 drop ends before Wednesday. I ran ocean of heaven - neptune's level. And a mystic mask was dropped on stage 8. I died on stage nine with the light carbuncle almost dead, but both were same turn.

Cerity

yep, not attempting master again, PAD is having fun being dickish. Only going to do my emerald dungeon today (why doesn't E group get a 4th one?)

I did one emerald run and received 3 high and 2 kings. I don't have any green monsters though Just dark. Are these for leveling or am I better off selling them?

Narras

I've finally maxed out my monster box! LOL

Anyone think expanding my friend list is a good idea?

Right now, I'm leaning towards saving my free stones for the next major event hoping for some rare monster.

Radav

I did one emerald run and received 3 high and 2 kings. I don't have any green monsters though Just dark. Are these for leveling or am I better off selling them?

Holy cow man. I'll probably fall over when I get my first double king run of one of these. That's a pretty nice bit of luck there.

Colby

So did anyone get a good run out of Tower of Jewels? I got nothing but Carbuncles and a couple of Highs. One Expert run of Ancient Wood Dragon got me 6 Moltdras, which beats anything I got out of Tower of Jewels, by far.

So did anyone get a good run out of Tower of Jewels? I got nothing but Carbuncles and a couple of Highs. One Expert run of Ancient Wood Dragon got me 6 Moltdras, which beats anything I got out of Tower of Jewels, by far.
I cleared each of the lower difficulties, then ran Master about 12 times. Got a few High Dragons and a Dub-mythlit. I never saw a Super Gold King nor any +eggs. Didn't bother with anymore runs after those disappointing results. Been busy most of the day, so only got a few Weekend Tricolor runs in.

Anyone around with an Artemis? Want to get some more 2x runs at whiskey in.
Sorry, I saw your post too late for the 2x bonus. I've been out all day, and haven't been checking the thread.

GC. Do you have a Zeus you can put up? I could swear that you do have one. Getting ready to do battle once midnight hits.
I'm done for the night, but I'll leave my Zeus up overnight. Still working on getting him to +297. He's up to +240 now. Good luck!

J0dy77

Wow, I just got over 600k coins from running the master weekend dungeon twice.

I've made 1.5 million running the weekend dungeon, it's been really nice.

Ok quick poll: is a needed mystic mask worth a stone?

Background:
I need a mystic mask to evo my Persephone, and the x2 drop ends before Wednesday. I ran ocean of heaven - neptune's level. And a mystic mask was dropped on stage 8. I died on stage nine with the light carbuncle almost dead, but both were same turn.

I'd go with no but it depends on how desperate you are to evolve. Run temple of Troyka on Monday, you'll have a good shot at a Mask with 1.5x.

Radav

I cleared each of the lower difficulties, then ran Master about 12 times. Got a few High Dragons and a Dub-mythlit. I never saw a Super Gold King nor any +eggs. Didn't bother with anymore runs after those disappointing results.

Yeah I ran it twelve times as well and came up with a few of the high metal dragons and that was it. No +eggs or Dub-myths at all dropped for me.

Gold Dragons today! I might not bother with Zeus this time around since I can set myself up for a level up during my gold dragon runs and it's probably more worth it for me to run those and be in a lot better position the next time his dungeon comes around.

Thanks to GC. Caught my Zeus for 10 stones. Could have done better on Zeus himself but kept getting crappy orbs. Chimeras were synced.

dpsd7bdl.jpg

And with that mystic mask drop, I can evolve him today with gold dragons. Sweet!

OTIX

Thanks to GC. Caught my Zeus for 10 stones. Could have done better on Zeus himself but kept getting crappy orbs. Chimeras were synced.

And with that mystic mask drop, I can evolve him today with gold dragons. Sweet!
Grats! Now you just need to find 4.7 million light xp somewhere. :)

Nice problem to have though.

What's with gold dragons only being once a day lately? What does gungho have against light monsters?

Also I can't decide if I want to run Zeus. I know it will cost me some stones and i have 5 right now. Not sure if I should buy more or wait till next time when I have some more free ones and my team is a little better.

Yaari

What's with gold dragons only being once a day lately? What does gungho have against light monsters?

Also I can't decide if I want to run Zeus. I know it will cost me some stones and i have 5 right now. Not sure if I should buy more or wait till next time when I have some more free ones and my team is a little better.

I guess it depends on how badly you want to run a team like that. No point going in with 5 stones. Even if you get Zeus though, he needs alot of exp to get a significant level.

I think its great how many people have him now though. I got 20 Zeus up at all times. I can't wait to get Goemon and open up more slots for him aswell.

And yeah, 1 Gold Dragon per day is what JP is apparently doing. And I hate it. Its so hard to get those Light guys leveled up. Both my Verche and Valkyrie are at 70 and I don't think I'll be able to max them today with only 1 hour of dragons :(.

I guess it depends on how badly you want to run a team like that. No point going in with 5 stones. Even if you get Zeus though, he needs alot of exp to get a significant level.

Looks like I have some time to think it over. Nobody on my list has a significant Zeus up except GC and he isn't showing up as usable right now. Does closing the app change who is available? Or does anyone else have a high level Zeus I could add?

Jagernaut

Dungeon of Dark, final dungeon. Run it on 1/2 Stamina days, and be prepared to cry when he doesnt skill up.

I have my Vampire Lord at skill level 5, just 2 skill ups left. My problem is getting amelits to drop, I have 12 baddies leveled up and no amelits to evolve them.

J0dy77

Looking for some input on final evolve for Neptune. I want him mainly for my Horus team. I've been leaning towards light since ill pretty much always have vamp in there for his purple orb change. I also have a Valk and holy Ceres I could use to stack light in that type of team.

It seems like most of the neptunes around Gaf are dark. I know dark is great for some dungeons (can't think of the one special at the moment). Felt like I could fill in for light for the rest of Gaf.

Am I missing anything? Thoughts?

SaberVulcan

So what do you guys uses to clear Master Weekend dungeon? For some reason I tend to still have a little bit of trouble with it with my mono-blue team.

Since I just got an Isis I might try Isis + Isis, should be easy enough to get x9 every matching, just wont be able to survive if anything doesnt die...

xCobalt

So what do you guys uses to clear Master Weekend dungeon? For some reason I tend to still have a little bit of trouble with it with my mono-blue team.

Since I just got an Isis I might try Isis + Isis, should be easy enough to get x9 every matching, just wont be able to survive if anything doesnt die...

I use 2 ADKs as leader with 2 ice and fire dragons.

daw840

I use the following team.

Fire Dragon Tyrannos - Leader (Level 69 +28)

Flare Drall (Level 62)
Gigas (Level 34)
Phoenix Knight Homura (Level 60)
Echidna (Level 50)

War Deity Ares - Friend Leader

It destroys that level.

Nista

I use Isis + Isis usually, works great if you can make the combos each time.

I need more Isis friends, so feel free to add me.

Wanchan

I can't decide on how to busty evo my Neptune....dark or light? I have a Pierdrawn that needs some lvling and evo for dark/water resists but i heard Abyss Neptune is super useful for Hera-Is... Is Heaven Neptune any useful at all for the moment?

I feel like my new Zues was not worth it. Spent way to many stones...

I have a Zues, but the win feels hollow. Hera and 2 Heroes, I felt like I persevered to win a prize, Zues just makes me feel like I bought (and probably overpaid) for a god...

Maybe I've hit my tipping point...

Congrats!
Looks like I have some time to think it over. Nobody on my list has a significant Zeus up except GC and he isn't showing up as usable right now. Does closing the app change who is available? Or does anyone else have a high level Zeus I could add?
Just put my Zeus up if you want to give it a go.
Looking for some input on final evolve for Neptune. I want him mainly for my Horus team. I've been leaning towards light since ill pretty much always have vamp in there for his purple orb change. I also have a Valk and holy Ceres I could use to stack light in that type of team.

It seems like most of the neptunes around Gaf are dark. I know dark is great for some dungeons (can't think of the one special at the moment). Felt like I could fill in for light for the rest of Gaf.

Well, your avatar makes the decision a no-brainer. ;) But like you said, if you're aiming to put it on a Horus team, Heaven lets you add a max-skilled Duke. It's also useful against Super Gold Kings. The only Water/Light dungeon currently is Ocean of Heaven, but plenty of teams can complete that dungeon without a Light/Water resist monster. Abyss is a useful leader for 2 Heroes, Hera, Hera-Is(supposedly), and against Super Metal Kings. Abyss also works as a sub member for Hera-Is teams. Oh, also Heaven Neptune is the only Water/Light resist monster, whereas Dark/Water can also be gotten with Drawn Joker. I say go with Heaven Neptune, especially since you want to use it on a Horus team.

Isis is my main team for all Tricolor dungeons. Before I got her, I ran a Wood/Water ADK team. I switch to the ADK team when I run out of Isis friends. Mono-color teams work too. They're not as fast, but they're safer if your ATK multiplier teams aren't powerful enough to kill everything in 1 shot.

I'm stuck in this conundrum as well. Basically I think the progression goes something like this:

Light Neptune pairs well with Hera.
Dark Neptune pairs well with Zeus.
Dark Neptune is a strong leader for Hera-Is Descended.
Hera-Is replaces Dark Neptune on a Horus team so you're free to do whatever you want with him afterwards.

Yaari

Hera-Is should not be too far away from us now, I'd hope.

I see why Dark Neptune can be used for Horus but his skill seems pointless for that, you want to finish asap and that poison takes time. I am happy I went Dark Neptune although I don't use him for anything special, so I could not regret it either way.

J0dy77

George or yaari, if you're around, would u mind putting up your Zeus?

Edit: thanks Yaari. I'm at the chimeras with zero stones so far but didn't stall enough. Zeus is still 15 turns away. Going to have to eat one stone on the chimera I think.

TimeKillr

Yeah thanks George, I got my Zeus this morning with help from yours. :)

I spent 17 stones! I wasted some on the masks since I kept getting shitty orbs, and spent too much on the chimeras too due to really bad drops...

Overall it's not too bad - I'd rather spend 17 stones for guaranteed Zeus than 85 on not getting Neptune again.

My gold dragons are in about an hour and a half, and I'll be farming the living shit out of them to get my Zeus as high as possible.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I spent 17 stones! I wasted some on the masks since I kept getting shitty orbs, and spent too much on the chimeras too due to really bad drops...

Overall it's not too bad - I'd rather spend 17 stones for guaranteed Zeus than 85 on not getting Neptune again.

My gold dragons are in about an hour and a half, and I'll be farming the living shit out of them to get my Zeus as high as possible.

If I was in position to get a Zeus with 17 stones, I'd also agree that it's likely worth it. Gacha luck is really hit or miss.

Yaari

George or yaari, if you're around, would u mind putting up your Zeus?

Edit: thanks Yaari. I'm at the chimeras with zero stones so far but didn't stall enough. Zeus is still 15 turns away. Going to have to eat one stone on the chimera I think.

I had that when I tried, never killed Masks easily and then I go through Zeus and I kill all of them in my first single combo.. lol.

Let me know how it turned out :).

I spent 15 but I should have been able to do it in about 7. I messed up on the masks and forgot to heal so spent one there. Then I forgot to be at full health when moving on so the devils got me. Then to top it all off I had off timer chimeras. Spent 12 on them. I should have no stones Zeus but my finger slipped.

I definitely should have quit after the masks and then again once I got off timer chimeras. Don't ask me why I didn't. Impatience I guess. I'm not even mad about the extra stone cause like you said 15 for a guaranteed Zeus is better than 15 for three star eggs. I mostly mad at myself for being stupid when I could have had a really solid run.

J0dy77

I had that when I tried, never killed Masks easily and then I go through Zeus and I kill all of them in my first single combo.. lol.

Let me know how it turned out :).

I had to step away when I made that last post, I'm still at the same point and wanted to get some advice before proceeding.

I still have 14 Turns until Zeus is charged and 4 more until Viper Orochi is charged. I'm currently working the delay from Echidna with death coming in 2 turns from one of the Chimera.

My thought is to try and burn through one of them now, hopefully the 2 CD mob. Then delay with Viper and let Gravity work it's way down. That will have Echidna back on delay but wouldn't get a shot at Viper delay again.

Or on the flip side I could take my medicine on the Chimera and save Viper. This way I'll have both Echidna and Viper for Zeus.

The other side of this, I only have 4 stones in my box right now (haven't paid for any in months). I'm willing to buy a couple more but need to know if I can do this in 6 stones or less.

TimeKillr

If I was in position to get a Zeus with 17 stones, I'd also agree that it's likely worth it. Gacha luck is really hit or miss.

Totally.

What's funny now is that while Zeus is a great character, it just feels weird. I mean, Isis does the same and while her ability requires more skillful matches, it's also more reliable. I find there are other characters who have more potential than Zeus does - the only crazy upside is that 2 in any sort of color mix is very good, as you get the Isis bonus all the time.

I guess he also has pretty good stats, so that makes him a great character overall..

I spent 15 but I should have been able to do it in about 7. I messed up on the masks and forgot to heal so spent one there. Then I forgot to be at full health when moving on so the devils got me. Then to top it all off I had off timer chimeras. Spent 12 on them. I should have no stones Zeus but my finger slipped.

I definitely should have quit after the masks and then again once I got off timer chimeras. Don't ask me why I didn't. Impatience I guess. I'm not even mad about the extra stone cause like you said 15 for a guaranteed Zeus is better than 15 for three star eggs. I mostly mad at myself for being stupid when I could have had a really solid run.

That's the thing - 3 star eggs is definitely not as good as a single Zeus, unless you get like skillups on the knights on them or something...

J0dy77

Well I screwed up. I wiped the chimera before I could kill one to stall. I have two turns for viper and still 12 away from Zeus gravity. Should I just wipe? Not sure I can do the damage to get through this. Board got really messy.

Edit: caught a 6 move combo on the first round of Zeus, only took away 5-10% of his health. I left, that was going to get very expensive. Need to figure out where to stall to charge Zeus. Masks wasn't enough alone.

Edit 2: tried again and wiped on the first round. Ugly board to start and I'm tired, screwed up the matches on round 2. Ill dump more levels into this team and be ready next time around.

No stones lost, only 100 stam. Great learning experience though. Watching a video is one thing. Seeing your team handle the dungeon is another

Thanks to Yaari and George for the Zeus help out.

raiot

Congrats to all new Zeus owners!
I was so happy when i saw gold dragons yesterday. yay, Gold Dragons on my Birthday, now I can finally max my Zeus!
... WRONG, Appearance 1 am in the morning in Europe :(

Wanchan

Congrats to all new Zeus owners!
I was so happy when i saw gold dragons yesterday. yay, Gold Dragons on my Birthday, now I can finally max my Zeus!
... WRONG, Appearance 1 am in the morning in Europe :(

Yeah, it was hard to stay awake and i'm now in zombie mode@ work... at least i got my Ammy from 64 to almost 82, which is more important than sleep & work *P&D addict*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom