• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosh

US] 5/6/2013
-Dragon Guardian opens for 24 hours
-Legendary Dark Dragon opens for two weeks
-Metal Dragons 15 stamina, 5 rounds, 2x king appearance

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9). This is listed in PDT time.

Early/Extra time slots again. Any complaints about it being unfair does nothing here. Take it to official page.

A: 8:00 13:00 18:00
B: 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00
C: 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
D: 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00
E: 7:00 12:00 17:00

Radav

Just curious how other people did on the Gold Dragons yesterday. I got 16 Kings and 6 Highs in 17 runs. One run I had 2 Kings and 2 Highs drops. Got Ra up to 80! I feel like I got pretty lucky with that many kings. Now do I try again today with the regular metals or farm for pengdras? Hmmm.

I'll try and leave D/D Hades up most of the day for those running the Evil Dragon dungeon. No drop on the first trip through Master.

MSK dungeon is a joke. 3 runs with no drops. Saw one MSK outside of the end. Pengdras and Metal dragons is it.

I severely underestimate the need for plants consistently. Always run out by Sunday or Monday with a shitton of dragons left over. Need to work on that...

lenni

This morning I had a few good runs and even had 2 runs with 2 MSK drops, averaging about 1 MSK per run. So it doesn't seem as bad as the MDK dungeon to me, but maybe I was just incredibly lucky. As I still need 2 skill ups for my ADK I'll hit the dungeon again tonight and see if my luck continues.

ccbfan

I just realised how much better it is to sell king gold dragons versus using them.

At 300K Gold versus 75K Exp. You're talking about a 4 to 1 Gold ratio.

I don't use feed that is more than a 1 to 1 coin to exp ratio unless its to finish leveling a unit. So I end up wasting a lot of low exp feed.

Feeding base on a 4 to 1 ratio though is insane. The typical fodder from high level dungeons is like 2K base exp. So even if you don't feed base on color, you can get it up to level 80 and still end up ahead. It you take advantage of color? Pretty much always ahead/

lenni

I'm pretty much always bound by stamina, though, so I'd need to see to maximize my stamina : exp ratio. Gold is almost never a problem for me.

3/5 on MSKs today. Not too bad. No skill ups though. Can't decide if I want to try skilling up a second MSK or refill my pengdra supply once(if) I finish the first.

I'll try and leave D/D Hades up most of the day for those running the Evil Dragon dungeon. No drop on the first trip through Master.

MSK dungeon is a joke. 3 runs with no drops. Saw one MSK outside of the end. Pengdras and Metal dragons is it.

I severely underestimate the need for plants consistently. Always run out by Sunday or Monday with a shitton of dragons left over. Need to work on that...

Would it be cool for you to add me? I consists fly see awesome monsters from you and I am not sure we are friends.

I am also leaving up my dual dark hades all day for those that want the dragon

mercviper

It's amazing how with just a few more levels on my monsters I can suddenly do Grass Whiskey so much easier. All I did was max my Gigas from 59->70 and max my Firedragon Grand Tyrranos from 79->99. Roughly 400 total attack gain and that was all it took. It's still kinda rough if I match poorly but it's definitely more doable than when the dungeon first opened.

J0dy77

I just realised how much better it is to sell king gold dragons versus using them.

I don't use feed that is more than a 1 to 1 coin to exp ratio unless its to finish leveling a unit. So I end up wasting a lot of low exp feed.

Feeding base on a 4 to 1 ratio though is insane. The typical fodder from high level dungeons is like 2K base exp. So even if you don't feed base on color, you can get it up to level 80 and still end up ahead. It you take advantage of color? Pretty much always ahead/

I used to feel the same way but realized that Coins aren't worth much to me. I stopped looking at coin spending a few weeks back and just feed everything. With the special events and the weekend dungeon I was getting 300k coins on some runs. I'm sitting at 4 million right now and don't see myself going through that any time soon.

I agree that if you need the coin, they're worth selling. But if Coins don't mean much for you, I'd rather take a level or 2 on a high level light monster over another 300k i wont spend.

I've realized that before, too. It's way more cost efficient to just sell off your Gold Dragons. It's really a matter of what's more important to you at the time. If you're already swimming in gold, and just really want to power level a Light monster, then the exp might be more important. Like when I first acquired Zeus. I could've sold all my Gold Dragons for several million gold, but instead I chose to level him to level 90+ right off the bat(I also fed him my Noel Dragon), and also slapped 60 +eggs onto him. I just wanted him up and running as quickly as possible.

Also, if you're just selling all the Gold Dragons from that dungeon, then I wouldn't have even bothered with it this past weekend, since the weekend Tricolor dungeon was 2x coins, making it the better play since the gold amounts were more consistent and it also yields way more rank exp.

It's amazing how with just a few more levels on my monsters I can suddenly do Grass Whiskey so much easier. All I did was max my Gigas from 59->70 and max my Firedragon Grand Tyrranos from 79->99. Roughly 400 total attack gain and that was all it took. It's still kinda rough if I match poorly but it's definitely more doable than when the dungeon first opened.
Yes. It's definitely deceiving how much a seemingly small increase in stats can impact your team. I thought I hit the limit on how far an ADK could advance through the normal dungeons when I hit a wall after Ocean of Heaven with my Lvl.70+ ADK team. Had to switch to custom Odin/Resist/Ami teams to slowly progress through the last tier of dungeons. When I finally maxed out my ADK team, I returned to those previously unbeatable dungeons to find I was now able to consistently beat them. It came down to the extra ATK power making a huge difference in how much damage penetrated high-defense monsters.

Yes. It's definitely deceiving how much a seemingly small increase in stats can impact your team. I thought I hit the limit on how far an ADK could advance through the normal dungeons when I hit a wall after Ocean of Heaven with my Lvl.70+ ADK team. Had to switch to custom Odin/Resist/Ami teams to slowly progress through the last tier of dungeons. When I finally maxed out my ADK team, I returned to those previously unbeatable dungeons to find I was now able to consistently beat them. It came down to the extra ATK power making a huge difference in how much damage penetrated high-defense monsters.

What do you usually run with an ADK team?

I'm at 3xADK, CDK, 2 Dark Dragons right now. Damage is a little low as my dark dragons aren't very leveled. Usually bring Hadar were the 2k HP, which helps

Woke up this morning and spent all my stamina on dragon dungeons hen the metal dungeon pops up =/. How often do these come up?
Somebody (usually Kosh) posts the schedule in the thread each day; today's is at the top of either this page or the previous depending on your forum settings.

Edit: do any of you suppose the extra time slots are a nod to the few European players? The times are rotten for anybody living in the Western Hemisphere but pretty okay for people elsewhere.

I'm at 3xADK, CDK, 2 Dark Dragons right now. Damage is a little low as my dark dragons aren't very leveled. Usually bring Hadar were the 2k HP, which helps
My Wood/Dark ADK core team is ADK/ADK/xxx*/CDK/CDK/ADK.

That xxx* sub member slot is usually filled by a Wind Mech Dragon, because with an ADK helper, there are more Wood orb changers than Dark orb changers and also so that I can clear battles that have 4 mobs with a single 3 Wood orb match instead of needing to do both a Wood and Dark match or a an AOE attack.. I switch that to Hadar if going up against Fire or Light enemies. I insert an Earth Knight when I need an armor breaker for dungeons like Ocean of Heaven - Neptune. And sometimes I put in an Echidna if I feel I need extra turns to kill a boss. I haven't had to resort to Echidna for a long time, though. There are still dungeons that I can't beat, though, like the last levels of Starlight Sanctuary, where it's almost impossible burn through Zeus' 5+ million HP within 6 turns(if I sub in Viper Orochi).

OTIX

My subs are always 2 CDK and then either two dark dragons or ADK+Canopus. I use a 4-2 split on colours since most dungeons have at most 4 enemies per wave, more efficient use of attack gems that way.

Totally.

What's funny now is that while Zeus is a great character, it just feels weird. I mean, Isis does the same and while her ability requires more skillful matches, it's also more reliable. I find there are other characters who have more potential than Zeus does - the only crazy upside is that 2 in any sort of color mix is very good, as you get the Isis bonus all the time.

I guess he also has pretty good stats, so that makes him a great character overall..
I meant to respond to this before, but I forgot about it 'til now.

When the Egyptian gods first released, I also pondered which was better between Isis and Zeus. After playing with both, despite both having 9x ATK leader skills, they're used very differently, and I feel Zeus is better overall, aside from Tricolor dungeons obviously.

As you said, Zeus has better overall stats. He's Light, which isn't weak against anything. He has the best Gravity-type skill in the game. And having Gravity monsters as leaders means you have more slots available to use other utility monsters like orb changers and delayers. His burst potential is greater, since he doesn't rely on muti-colored teams. That means you can make a majority Light team and utilize orb changers to convert most of the board to Light orbs for major burst damage. The only downside is that taking damage negates his leader skill, and it can be difficult to recover from especially if there is an enemy that attacks every turn. However, with practice, one learns to work around that. A Zeus team can still deal enough damage without multipliers to kill many enemies and heal back to full health at the same time. The trick is to try to heal back to full health on the same turn you deal the killing blow, so that your health is back to full before the next battle, in case you run into another enemy with a 1-turn counter. A delayer like Echidna/Orochi or a monster with a full heal skill like Ceres or Ami can also be used to regain full health.

Like I already said, the obvious trump card that Isis has over Zeus is in Tricolor dungeons. You also don't have to worry about a little damage negating her leader skill. However everything else, including conditions to trigger her leader ability, are arguably worse for Isis. The most debatable one is her leader trigger condition. Sure, Zeus requires full health to trigger, but if you do have full health, you can sweep the board with a single match. It's also much easier to manage the board when you're not constantly having to make multi-colored chain combos. You can reduce the likelihood of not being able to make 3-color combos by including all 5 elements on your team. But damage potential is reduced by using all those colors, and there will be many times you won't be able to get all the monsters on your team to attack. Also, Isis' active skill is horrible. It's practically 2 wasted active skills. If you include 2 or 3 Gravity monsters as sub members, that only leaves you with 1 or 2 slots to work with for delayers or orb changers. Lastly, she's a Water monster, which is obviously weak against Wood. Sure you have the other party members to deal damage against Wood monsters, but it's still a handicap that ADK players know all too well whenever they have to run a Fire dungeon. It's like reducing your party to 4 or less monsters when running dungeons that your leaders are weak against.

Those are my thoughts when comparing Isis to Zeus, and if anyone has arguments for Isis I haven't thought of, I'd love to hear them.

J0dy77

Somebody (usually Kosh) posts the schedule in the thread each day; today's is at the top of either this page or the previous depending on your forum settings.

Edit: do any of you suppose the extra time slots are a nod to the few European players? The times are rotten for anybody living in the Western Hemisphere but pretty okay for people elsewhere.

Or perfect for someone with a 2 year old that loves to wake you up at 5am... EVERY... MORNING. :)

Ok finally snagged helheim, not that I needed him, just wanted him.

What was more interesting is that I ran master four times. Three of those times I had the succubus drop. Anyone else getting really lucky on succubi today?

Only 1 skill up though

My Wood/Dark ADK core team is ADK/ADK/xxx*/CDK/CDK/ADK.

That xxx* sub member slot is usually filled by a Wind Mech Dragon, because with an ADK helper, there are more Wood orb changers than Dark orb changers and also so that I can clear battles that have 4 mobs with a single 3 Wood orb match instead of needing to do both a Wood and Dark match or a an AOE attack.. I switch that to Hadar if going up against Fire or Light enemies. I insert an Earth Knight when I need an armor breaker for dungeons like Ocean of Heaven - Neptune. And sometimes I put in an Echidna if I feel I need extra turns to kill a boss. I haven't had to resort to Echidna for a long time, though. There are still dungeons that I can't beat, though, like the last levels of Starlight Sanctuary, where it's almost impossible burn through Zeus' 5+ million HP within 6 turns(if I sub in Viper Orochi).

My subs are always 2 CDK and then either two dark dragons or ADK+Canopus. I use a 4-2 split on colours since most dungeons have at most 4 enemies per wave, more efficient use of attack gems that way.

Very helpful guys. Guess I didn't realize all the combinations. I need more than 5 preset teams...

J0dy77

Ok finally snagged helheim, not that I needed him, just wanted him.

What was more interesting is that I ran master four times. Three of those times I had the succubus drop. Anyone else getting really lucky on succubi today?

Only 1 skill up though

I ran it once this morning and got Lilith but no dragon. I'm in the same boat, just want the dragon for the collection. No intention of using him.

Would an busty'd Legendary Dark Dragon be a good replacement for CDD? I've got some +stats on my old CDD that I wouldn't mind feeding to Zeus if this is the case.

xCobalt

Would an busty'd Legendary Dark Dragon be a good replacement for CDD? I've got some +stats on my old CDD that I wouldn't mind feeding to Zeus if this is the case.

It's a good replacement if you have the materials to level it up. It has a slow growth and will need to be about level 70 before it has noticeable stats.

Evil Dragon Helheim has one of the worst artworks in the game, but Viciousdragon Helheim has one of the coolest. Some other monsters that immediately come to mind that have noticeably better looking ultimate versions are Ceres and Venus. GungHo must've spent some of that fat cash on better artists for later monster creations.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Refilled stam and managed to grab 5 more green knights. I fed one to see, got the skill up. Go figure. I'm holding onto the other 4 for now. Is it worth having more than 2 max skilled ADK?

raiot

Wow, the Rainbow Keeper run is a TOTAL joke with a Zeus Team... Did it in exactly 2 minutes...

Team:

Leader/Co-Leader: Zeus / Zeus

Subs: Verche Max Skill, Siren Max Skill, Princess Valkyrie, Echidna

Yaari

Wow, the Rainbow Keeper run is a TOTAL joke with a Zeus Team... Did it in exactly 2 minutes...

Team:

Leader/Co-Leader: Zeus / Zeus

Subs: Verche Max Skill, Siren Max Skill, Princess Valkyrie, Echidna

I might have to give that a try then, never ran it before with Zeus. Sounds like fun.

raiot

Just have your Echidna up at the rainbow for safety!
Also i didnt have to use it, he was down in 3 turns...

Edit: I think I used your Zeus as a co-leader yari! :)

Edit#2: Does anyone know if blackflag quit? He is 7 days inactive now and I'm reluctant to kick a GAFer from my list...

The same is true for boken and Lemon...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Now that the events are all over, I feel less driven with my teams. I was only able to get my second Siren to skill 5, so I was close...

raiot

Now that the events are all over, I feel less driven with my teams. I was only able to get my second Siren to skill 5, so I was close...

Don't worry, the SECOND siren is the easiest to skill, you will have plenty of Marine Goblins when starting to farm Ocean of heaven!

Man it always makes me sad seeing how popular this game is. I mean I totally get what makes the game fun and addictive but i hate seeing it championed as F2P done right. Anything that puts a paygate after a certain amount of time or plays is the devil in my eyes.

If only it was a $2 game with no stamina bs...but then they wouldnt be raking in mad cash like they are.

Refilled stam and managed to grab 5 more green knights. I fed one to see, got the skill up. Go figure. I'm holding onto the other 4 for now. Is it worth having more than 2 max skilled ADK?

...i ran the dungeon 6 times on expert and got no drops. Only saw 1 outside of the last level.

Yes, I would max 2ADKs if you can. I use the orb change w/ my mono green team alll the time.

Man it always makes me sad seeing how popular this game is. I mean I totally get what makes the game fun and addictive but i hate seeing it championed as F2P done right. Anything that puts a paygate after a certain amount of time or plays is the devil in my eyes.

If only it was a $2 game with no stamina bs...but then they wouldnt be raking in mad cash like they are.

? what pay gate. just play twice a day and refill your stamina while you sleep and or work. You can play straight up to level 85 90 without ever running out of stamina if you want to. Its super fucking boring but doable.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
...i ran the dungeon 6 times on expert and got no drops. Only saw 1 outside of the last level.

Yes, I would max 2ADKs if you can. I use the orb change w/ my mono green team alll the time.

That's a bummer. I got none to drop during the CDK event. This was my RNG I guess. I won't bother feeding for skill until the next 2x event rolls around now, because I know I won't get any skill ups at the current rate of misery.

J0dy77

These types of comments are completely uninformed. We have plenty of people in this thread that have spent no money and can clear all content in the game and have the most coveted monsters. We have people, myself included, who can do the same and have only paid money to support the developer.

Stamina is not a negative for the game, seeing how far you can get in the shortest amount of time while managing stamina, leveling, etc is 1/2 the challenge of the game. If you don't like the game or the mechanics that's fine, it's not for you. But don't say there are pay walls. It's well documented in this thread that paying more money doesn't guarantee the best mobs or luck in the rare egg machine. Gungho does a great job of throwing countless stones at you and providing enough farmable mobs to clear any content.

These types of comments are completely uninformed. We have plenty of people in this thread that have spent no money and can clear all content in the game and have the most coveted monsters. We have people, myself included, who can do the same and have only paid money to support the developer.

Stamina is not a negative for the game, seeing how far you can get in the shortest amount of time while managing stamina, leveling, etc is 1/2 the challenge of the game. If you don't like the game or the mechanics that's fine, it's not for you. But don't say there are pay walls. It's well documented in this thread that paying more money doesn't guarantee the best mobs or luck in the rare egg machine. Gungho does a great job of throwing countless stones at you and providing enough farmable mobs to clear any content.

Think of it this way, the less money you spend....the less gold egg Riders you get to pull :D

More money spent : more trolling

Rekwest

? what pay gate. just play twice a day and refill your stamina while you sleep and or work. You can play straight up to level 85 90 without ever running out of stamina if you want to. Its super fucking boring but doable.
I'm level 86 so i will be super boring soon?
I don't spent real monet at all, i only play twice a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom