• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccbfan

Just got super trolled last night.

Accidentally hit the rare egg button when trying to hit the pal egg button. Was pissed

A gold egg came out and got super excited.

Got a God.

Got an Anubus, a repeat. Which sucks considering I only have 5 total Gods. Also a God with no redeeming active skill so even a skill up won't help it.

Would have been happy with any of the Red Gods. (Obviously would be a lot happier with Ares or Horus)

mercviper

Man it always makes me sad seeing how popular this game is. I mean I totally get what makes the game fun and addictive but i hate seeing it championed as F2P done right. Anything that puts a paygate after a certain amount of time or plays is the devil in my eyes.

If only it was a $2 game with no stamina bs...but then they wouldnt be raking in mad cash like they are.

With stamina management & free stones and refills on rank up there really isn't a paygate stamina-wise. As mentioned earlier you can totally play non-stop with proper management all the way up to rank 90, at which point you have plenty of stamina for a single session of PAD. The Gacha Machine, however is a different story. But that only applies if you're trying to get every single monster available. You don't need every single monster available to clear end-game content, in fact you can farm for each one. I know earlier I had qualms about limited number of free stones, and while my main reasons for that still hold true (i.e. limited number of dungeons special included), GungHo has been providing plenty of events that give free stones so I never sit at zero for long.

Just got super trolled last night.

Accidentally hit the rare egg button when trying to hit the pal egg button. Was pissed

A gold egg came out and got super excited.

Got a God.

Got an Anubus, a repeat. Which sucks considering I only have 5 total Gods. Also a God with no redeeming active skill so even a skill up won't help it.

Would have been happy with any of the Red Gods. (Obviously would be a lot happier with Ares or Horus)

Same thing happened to me last godfest. I got only dupe Gods (SHIVA x2 thanks to compensation and two different Susanos, from the "CAREE" event). Made me realize that I need to just wait for 5.1.

I have enough to work with right now as it is...

Pacman2k

Okkkk I'm having a shit of a time trying to get the green ancient dragon for some reason.

Can anyone see a workable team for master in here? My red guys are under leveled, and my typical mono-blue team isn't strong enough vs. their resists. Usually just get slapped around by the chimeras.

Ideas? Thanks.

pad.png

Most of us have also been playing for months and have built up a healthy collection after multiple Godfests, so... yeah. These things take time. Or money. Lots of money.

xCobalt

Okkkk I'm having a shit of a time trying to get the green ancient dragon for some reason.

Can anyone see a workable team for master in here? My red guys are under leveled, and my typical mono-blue team isn't strong enough vs. their resists. Usually just get slapped around by the chimeras.

Ideas? Thanks.

I'm thinking Ceres as leader with Echidna (Orochi works but it'll do less damage), Odin, Alraune, ADK with a friend who can boost the HP of your earth monsters, 2x is preferable. Echidna will work well against the Chimeras if they bind one of your leaders. It should delay them long enough for you to survive and recover hp or until the bind wears off.

You could also go with your mono-water team, a defensive setup. Lakshmi as leader with Orochi, Water Mech, Ardbeg, Neptune with a friend who can also improve your water monsters. Ardbeg and Neptune will be doing the majority of the damage with their abilities.

Overall, your levels are pretty low. Make sure you can survive the attacks in the worst case scenarios. The chimeras will hit for almost 10,000 damage (5,000 if ceres isn't bounded) or 13,000 if they use their ability.
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=370

Pacman2k

Don't have the team cost for that water team. Could slap in a CAD instead of Ardbeg but pretty nasty nerf to the outgoing dps as my Ardbeg is skill lv. 3.

Lakshmi, Ardbeg, Neptune, Orochi leaves me with 3 team cost left... awful.

Will try the Ceres led team. Thanks.

J0dy77

I think I must have the least gods from anyone in here(zero) My rarest monster is a siren the enchantress.

Exactly what Cosmo said. Don't get discouraged, if you stick with it you'll be in the same place before you know it. And this way you get to use our monster box to help you out.

Splat

Don't have the team cost for that water team. Could slap in a CAD instead of Ardbeg but pretty nasty nerf to the outgoing dps as my Ardbeg is skill lv. 3.

Lakshmi, Ardbeg, Neptune, Orochi leaves me with 3 team cost left... awful.

Will try the Ceres led team. Thanks.

I ran it fine w/ Parvati + Ceres, I can throw up my Parv if you'd like. Rest were basically orb changers + an echidna, I think.

Just for comparison's sake, I haven't spent a dime on the game yet, and after four months I finally managed to string together a team that could low-stone Hera. While I'm not exactly a textbook case because my attention is divided between the NA and JP versions, some of the IAP players here were able to reach the point I'm at in a month or less.

IMO the difference between me and them isn't because they have rarer monsters than I do, but actually because they can run plants/jewel dragons/etc to bulk up their team without having to worry about stamina and timing.

daemissary

I think I must have the least gods from anyone in here(zero) My rarest monster is a siren the enchantress.

Don't feel bad bro...I don't spend any money and my only god is an Amaterasu that I literally just got about two weeks ago when I've been playin since December.

My team can still take on pretty much everything. I should be able to get a zero stone Hera clear next time she's up.

These types of comments are completely uninformed. We have plenty of people in this thread that have spent no money and can clear all content in the game and have the most coveted monsters. We have people, myself included, who can do the same and have only paid money to support the developer.

Stamina is not a negative for the game, seeing how far you can get in the shortest amount of time while managing stamina, leveling, etc is 1/2 the challenge of the game. If you don't like the game or the mechanics that's fine, it's not for you. But don't say there are pay walls. It's well documented in this thread that paying more money doesn't guarantee the best mobs or luck in the rare egg machine. Gungho does a great job of throwing countless stones at you and providing enough farmable mobs to clear any content.

I am sorry but if I want to sit down and play 3 hours of P&D can I do so without stopping or spending money? No I can't? Then that is a paygate.

And yes I understand that the Stamina works into the game balance. However what if refilling Stamina was done through an in-game item you spent gold on? Would that somehow destroy this awesome game? If this game came out 5 years ago as a paid app with such a system it would probably be one of my favorite games ever.

Again, I am not saying it is one of the worst examples of F2P but its definitely not a trend I want to support. It is a blatant way to create a habit out of the game(if you can't see this as their goal then you are naive; sorry) and is completely genius but I have a pet peeve with games trying to dictate how and when I play.
Unfortunately I am in the minority in that regard.

I just had two treants pop up in the wood monster only dungeon. Any tips on what to do other than get a green knight from the whiskey dragon dungeon?

raiot

5.1.2 soon? There is an announcement on facebook for a server downtime tomorrow (Thursday) in preparation for the 5.1.2 update

Dispatch

I'm hoping for an event for the new update. I'm sure we all are.

Yesterday, I needed two light keepers to evolve my Amaterasu, and failed on the Rainbow Keeper earlier in the day. (I foolishly tried without an Odin, sigh.)

So, late in the day, I decided to use a stone to refill my stamina. After two runs of the dungeon, I had two Light Keepers and two Rainbow Keepers. It's moments like that, where the RNG is on your side, that keeps me coming back to this game, along with the JRPG like feeling of slow, steady leveling.

Really, I've enjoyed this game more because of the community in this forum. The knowledge given here has been undeniably useful, and the people seem genuinely nice. So, thanks to all. I really appreciate it.

J0dy77

This game needs the bi weekly events... I dont have any motivation to farm Masks without x2...

I stay away from masks without 2x unless I'm really desperate. Better stamina spent in ocean of heaven or temple of troyka trying to get one. That way you can at least get pengdras or kings dragons.

lenni

Don't feel bad bro...I don't spend any money and my only god is an Amaterasu that I literally just got about two weeks ago when I've been playin since December.

My team can still take on pretty much everything. I should be able to get a zero stone Hera clear next time she's up.

Holy crap! And I always complain that I have bad luck... How did you keep your motivation up during all those bad rolls? I almost always contemplate quitting every time I get another 3-star monster during God fests for my hard earned stones, but at least I had one pretty good God since the beginning.

Kosh

*Update Notice from the Puzzle & Dragons Team*
Maintenance Date: May 9th, 2013 (Thursday) 12:00 AM - 4:00 AM (PDT)

The latest update for Puzzle & Dragons is nearly upon us.
*iOS: 5.1.2/Android: 5.1.3

To implement this, we will be conducting maintenance on the following date:

May 9th, 2013 (Thursday) 12:00 AM - 4:00 AM (PDT)

During this time, you will not be able to access the game.

Additional details (including possible delays or an early finish) will be announced via Facebook.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

*Note: For technical reasons, the version numbers do not match. The primary game content on the two platforms is still identical.

http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/版本更新翻译Ver5.1

What's new in v5.1:
- New monsters - Archangels (God type) and Demons (Demon type)
- New type: Demon type
- Monsters with dual types, some existing monsters added with subtype
- Ultimate Evolution for Norse Gods
- Additional passcode for game restore

[US] 5/8/2013
Ruby Dragons 20 stamina, 5 rounds

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A: 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00
B: 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
C: 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00
D: 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00
E: 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00

~The schedule is subject to change~

Radav

Well well, 5.1 coming our way soon. I guess we'll be getting a new event that week? Probably including a godfest with the new Angels and Demons. Cool!

Yaari

Yeah, sounds likely.

Hopefully GungHo stops being super lame and puts out some new content.

I don't think I will do IAP any further. Lucifer is awesome but there will always be a better team.

Radav

Yeah, sounds likely.

Hopefully GungHo stops being super lame and puts out some new content.

I don't think I will do IAP any further. Lucifer is awesome but there will always be a better team.

After the bunch of stones I bought this last godfest I did start to regret it right away. Like you said, there's always going to be something better. I'm going to try and stay strong and hold on to some of the free stones they give us for a while and then use them on a far off in the future Angels/Demons godfest. I've got plenty of work to do finishing my mono color teams and my Horus and Ra teams anyway.

I keep procrastinating on making a new OT... I don't think I'm going to have one ready in time for 5.1.x, hahaha

Don't forget that they'll be adding Heavy Metal Dragon for everybody who's cleared all existing normal dungeons.

Edit: fuck I wish they told us sooner I don't have the rainbow keeper to do I&I's busty

Norse busties are R.Keep+Dubmyth+elemental Dublit+Dragon Fruit+Mystic Mask

Indian dragon busties are
R.Keep+Dubmyth+Dragon Fruit 3x

I have 28 stones. I went ahead and took a screen cap of the news section that shows my stone count and my friend id just in case something goes haywire with the update. Last time it went smooth though. Is there a list that shows what all new stuff is added?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Oh man, new type? Game is about to get nutty. I'll have to buy more space and save up stones for some new God fest pulls. Given that I've been playing this game for 123 days as of today, I have no problem giving them my money here and there. They've earned it by creating a game I truly enjoy playing. Really excited about the update!

SaberVulcan

I keep procrastinating on making a new OT... I don't think I'm going to have one ready in time for 5.1.x, hahaha

Don't forget that they'll be adding Heavy Metal Dragon for everybody who's cleared all existing normal dungeons.

Edit: fuck I wish they told us sooner I don't have the rainbow keeper to do I&I's busty

Are Indian Dragons getting their busty in 5.1? I would like to mess around with a Black/Green dragon team with Vritra if so, and may evolve him over my Loki (only 1 keeper this week, hooray).

Edit: Hrm, or I could do Freya... the +healer bonus would allow me to throw a Siren/Echidna into my weak green team for some bonus potential... hrmmm

Are Indian Dragons getting their busty in 5.1? I would like to mess around with a Black/Green dragon team with Vritra if so, and may evolve him over my Loki (only 1 keeper this week, hooray).
Indian dragons didn't specifically get a busty until 5.1.2, which we -should- be getting tomorrow. Theoretically.

J0dy77

Make sure you use Rock Steady's awesome artwork he posted a while back.

And ouch at that Norse busty ulti evo. That's steep.

I'm glad for the update. Would like to see Enchilada and Goemon dungeon already. But each time a new event or update comes along, I always get feelings of wanting to rush and build stuff up quickly, but I'm gonna be more patient. I've got so much stuff already that needs to be built up. No need for me to busty norse gods at the moment. Gonna focus on maxing out the rest of my fire squad, then Zeus team.

I'm probably gonna use the few crystals I have and roll trying to score a real dark leader if there is a godfest with the update. If i get shit I'm gonna try rerolling an alt account for one.

I'm probably gonna use the few crystals I have and roll trying to score a real dark leader if there is a godfest with the update. If i get shit I'm gonna try rerolling an alt account for one.
If we follow JP's schedule, our next Godfest is going to be "Angels vs Demons" with the new 5.1 monsters. Archangel Lucifer's the only useable God out of the ten monsters in that REM event, and while he's pretty awesome paired with my Loki, he's not exactly the "useful everywhere" kind of God and probably would only make B tier in the initial roll list that gets flaunted around.

J0dy77

What's new in v5.1:
- New monsters - Archangels (God type) and Demons (Demon type)
- New type: Demon type
- Monsters with dual types, some existing monsters added with subtype
- Ultimate Evolution for Norse Gods
- Additional passcode for game restore

This is going to be my favorite part of this update. I'm wondering if I can get away with playing on two devices now?

I need more Valk friends. Anyone rolling with one up?

Put mine up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom