• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uthred

He has 1111 ATK so with +99 you could at most reach 480k damage. Also I'm not sure how you're supposed to charge up 35 rounds with no RCV. His leader skill is cool though, like an extreme ADK team that can't heal at all.

Ha, I was reading his HP as his ATk, thats what I get for skimming ;)

J0dy77

Man, this is a miserable plant day for me. Back to back runs with none and awful luck with any drop on the last round all day. Hope everyone else is fairing better.

Man, this is a miserable plant day for me. Back to back runs with none and awful luck with any drop on the last round all day. Hope everyone else is fairing better.

no 2x drop days make me sad. I had one run w/ 3, but have had plenty with 0-1. Did get the straight flush today as well.

Ok, I just saw that the new busty evo of Loki is 2x atk and rcv to dark and Dragon! That is huge. I wish it would double for dark element dragons though.

Colby

Has Dragon Rider Arthur always been a Dragon/Attacker? He could be useful in an ADK team now...also, aren't the Riders supposed to get a buff at some point, or was this patch that buff?

Cerity

Complete changelog from the FB page.

1. New Monsters

Added a new series of Monsters - Angels and Demons (God and Devil types respectively) #620-639

Archangel Uriel

Fire Dominion Uriel

Archangel Gabriel

Water Dominion Gabriel

Archangel Michael

Wood Dominion Michael

Archangel Raphael

Light Dominion Raphael

Archangel Lucifer

Seraphim of Dawn Lucifer

Belial

Flame Archdemon Belial

Amon

Blizzard Archdemon Amon

Astaroth

Wind Archdemon Astaroth

Baal

Lightning Archdemon Baal

Fallen Angel Lucifer

Dark Archdemon Lucifer

*Added new unique Monsters - to be introduced in future special event Dungeons.*

2. Ultimate Fusions added for the following Norse deities:

Freyr the God of Victory #369

Idunn & Idunna, Twin Goddesses #371

Freyja the Goddess of Gaia #373

Thor the God of Lightning #375

Loki the God of Guile #377

3. Added Subtypes to the following Monsters:

Lilith, the Witch of the Night #205: Healer/Devil

Chaos Devil Dragon #215: Dragon/Devil

Drawn Joker #302: Dragon/Devil

All Dual Attribute Ogres (#310-315): Physical/Devil

Shaitan the Fire Elemental: Technique/Devil

Thanatos the Dark Elemental #361: Technique/Devil

Underlord Inferno Hades #397: God/Devil

Sea Devil Kraken #401: Attacker/Devil

Cerberus, the Guardian of Hell #407: Attacker/Devil

The following Evolved Demons (#475-479): Attacker/Devil

Duke Vampire Lord #516: Technique/Devil

Freyr, the Blazing Swordsman #652: God/Attacker

Idunn & Idunna, the Twin Archers #653: God/Technique

Freyja, the Fertility Goddess #654: God/Healer

Thor, Wielder of Mjolnir #655: God/Physical

Loki, the Finisher #656: God/Devil

Verche, Knight of the Sky #232: God/Technique

Dino Rider Drake #379: Attacker/Dragon

Beast Rider Merlin #381: Attacker/Devil

Marine Rider Robin #383: Attacker/Devil

Dragon Rider Arthur #385: Attacker/Dragon

Gryps Rider Finn #387: Attacker/Devil

4. Adjusted the following Skills:

Awoken Deity Odin #365 (Blue)

2.5x Attack for God Type Allies

is now

2.5x Attack for God and Water Type Allies

Fixed an exploit involving the Change the World Skill

5. UI Changes:

- Moved the "In Use" text on the Monster Cardicon

- Dungeons now display red if you don't have enoughStamina to run them

- Added "Secret Code" for users to provide tothe Customer Support team

*IT IS CRUCIAL YOU KEEP THIS CODE SECRET* To view yours,tap Others>Support

This is intended to help prevent unauthorized access, sokeep it secure.

- Added data migration function to Android (seewalkthrough here: http://tinyurl.com/chzehe3 )

- You can now view Terms of Service from the Others menu

Has Dragon Rider Arthur always been a Dragon/Attacker? He could be useful in an ADK team now...also, aren't the Riders supposed to get a buff at some point, or was this patch that buff?
All the Riders were just Attacker types before. They were some of the monsters that got dual types with this update.

I was able to ultimate evolve Vritra, Indra, and Idunn & Idunna today. I just need 4 more Rainbow Keepers for Freyr, Freyja, Thor, and Loki. Not gonna bother running the Tuesday dungeon without a 2x bonus, though. So they'll have to wait until GungHo gives us another event.

Yaari

So apparently Lucifer is the best new pull as far as Angels/Demons go. But which one, are 2, and I don't really see the difference other than doing big damage to different elements.

massoluk

Banned
Oh F the RNG god. I've been playing the Green Dragon's Den nonstop today, I need a couple Dragon Fruits to evolve my monsters. I don't need no stinking plant or flower. 10+ runs and a whole day later, all I got are stinking plants and flowers, zero fruit. It's like the Gungho is set to ruin me.

Splat

seems like thursday dungeon got tuned to be terrible. I don't remember ever getting no-drop last floor, and I'm getting nothing a ton today.

Haha! Dumb me. Just noticed the new Legendary Earth normal dungeon that's after Starlight Sanctuary. 99 stamina dungeon. I took a quick look at the Puzzledragonx site to see what it entailed, and saw nothing but enemy High and King Dragons. I didn't even check their attack and defense stats. I just assumed they were plain ol' Dragons from the special dungeons. So, I head in with my typical ADK team. 4 various High Dragons in the first round. I do a single AOE match, which should sweep the floor. Nope! Bunch of 1s. Then, they proceed to kill me in 1 turn. 99 stamina thrown away. Hot damn! Every enemy has 100K defense and several hundred HP. And they attack every turn, with Highs doing 7K damage and Kings doing over 11K damage. But the boss drop's leader skill give 3.5x ATK to Dragon allies and has the same active skill as Zeus.

seems like thursday dungeon got tuned to be terrible. I don't remember ever getting no-drop last floor, and I'm getting nothing a ton today.
Nah. I gotten nothing on the last floor a bunch of times before. You're only guaranteed a drop in every battle during 2x events.

So apparently Lucifer is the best new pull as far as Angels/Demons go. But which one, are 2, and I don't really see the difference other than doing big damage to different elements.
Archangel (D/L) is better because two of them paired together means you essentially have a blanket 75% resistance to every element paired with a great active. Some put him on the same tier as Horus/Isis, but I'm not entirely convinced he's S tier.

Also while Zaerog's active has the same effect as Zeus's it has a different name, so...

Also while Zaerog's active has the same effect as Zeus's it has a different name, so...
Yeah. Noticed that. Not the first example of that. I think Minerva has the same skill as Devils/Demons. I guess GungHo just doesn't want easier ways to skill-up certain monsters. Speaking of which, I actually have a Zeus on my friendlist who got his skill up to Lvl.11. I didn't notice until it activated on the same turn my Orochi did. I wonder how many times he ran Zeus' dungeon for that. Crazy.

massoluk

Banned
Have Divinegon ultimate evolution forms always been subtype God? If I'm not mistaken, I think they missed it in the patch note. I checked just now and my Dark Shining Divinegon is Dragon/God, so I have 33% more Gods now. :p

MweNpPh.png

Yeah. Noticed that. Not the first example of that. I think Minerva has the same skill as Devils/Demons. I guess GungHo just doesn't want easier ways to skill-up certain monsters. Speaking of which, I actually have a Zeus on my friendlist who got his skill up to Lvl.11. I didn't notice until it activated on the same turn my Orochi did. I wonder how many times he ran Zeus' dungeon for that. Crazy.
Nah, Minerva's does less damage on a faster cooldown than the imps. It's about as useless as Isis's Quick Heal though, but a potential 3cd skill is enticing.

Uthred

Is there an updated version of that google drive spreadsheet floating around? (Possibly a bit early for it to be updated)

Kreed

All the Riders were just Attacker types before. They were some of the monsters that got dual types with this update.

I was able to ultimate evolve Vritra, Indra, and Idunn & Idunna today. I just need 4 more Rainbow Keepers for Freyr, Freyja, Thor, and Loki. Not gonna bother running the Tuesday dungeon without a 2x bonus, though. So they'll have to wait until GungHo gives us another event.

I'm tempted to evolve Idunn & Idunna and Vritra, but looking at the stats/ability changes ("lack of" in this case), it doesn't seem like it's worth it the evolution materials. Vritra at least gets 2x attack and recovery for Dragon types, so that's "kind" of useful, but it would have been nice if they didn't drop the God type multiplier.

xCobalt

Haha! Dumb me. Just noticed the new Legendary Earth normal dungeon that's after Starlight Sanctuary. 99 stamina dungeon. I took a quick look at the Puzzledragonx site to see what it entailed, and saw nothing but enemy High and King Dragons. I didn't even check their attack and defense stats. I just assumed they were plain ol' Dragons from the special dungeons. So, I head in with my typical ADK team. 4 various High Dragons in the first round. I do a single AOE match, which should sweep the floor. Nope! Bunch of 1s. Then, they proceed to kill me in 1 turn. 99 stamina thrown away. Hot damn! Every enemy has 100K defense and several hundred HP. And they attack every turn, with Highs doing 7K damage and Kings doing over 11K damage. But the boss drop's leader skill give 3.5x ATK to Dragon allies and has the same active skill as Zeus.

This dungeon seems really difficult. I can't think of an efficient way of doing this without spending stones on the final boss.

ccbfan

Damn, the archangels are pretty OP.

All 5 basically have a 75 percent damage reduction to all for mono color teams.

Then everyone one have a top tier active skill.

red/blue/green - turns light to their color and dark to heal. Plus you can level them up to the point you can use them with no charge time.

yellow - turns everything to heal with a not so bad timer. Pair that up with a heal to orb and you got a skill that can be a full heal or a massive attack.

dark - 300K dark damage with the penalty of 1 hp. Not sure if you can still do this move if you only have 1 hp but if you could you're talking about 1.2 million damage to Zeus. Combine with 4 Heras you could kill Zeus before he even moves. Plus with easily 60K+ hp and 8K + RCV. You can easily no stone this. Also it finally makes a decent level Vritra useful. Especially since Vritra's Ultimate Evo does shit for its usefulness. Seriously is there a worse Ultimate Evo?

This dungeon seems really difficult. I can't think of an efficient way of doing this without spending stones on the final boss.
I've been busy, and only farming Plants intermittently today, so I haven't thought too much about how to beat that dungeon. Looking at the enemy stats on Puzzledragonx I knew it would be tough. On the Chinese wiki, it looks like all the suggested teams are Horus, Ra, or Goemon teams. Basically super high ATK multipliers to break armor.

http://translate.googleusercontent....%9C%B0&usg=ALkJrhg_soazM78eXrVrKtiPl4mfjq48Yg

Damn, the archangels are pretty OP.

All 5 basically have a 75 percent damage reduction to all for mono color teams.

Then everyone one have a top tier active skill.

red/blue/green - turns light to their color and dark to heal. Plus you can level them up to the point you can use them with no charge time.

yellow - turns everything to heal with a not so bad timer. Pair that up with a heal to orb and you got a skill that can be a full heal or a massive attack.

dark - 300K dark damage with the penalty of 1 hp. Not sure if you can still do this move if you only have 1 hp but if you could you're talking about 1.2 million damage to Zeus. Combine with 4 Heras you could kill Zeus before he even moves. Plus with easily 60K+ hp and 8K + RCV. You can easily no stone this. Also it finally makes a decent level Vritra useful. Especially since Vritra's Ultimate Evo does shit for its usefulness. Seriously is there a worse Ultimate Evo?

um....how exactly do you plan to level them up?

ccbfan

um....how exactly do you plan to level them up?

Me? No chance. I've gotten 5 total Gods in this game and I've been playing since January.

Other people? Probable, considering some people have max skilled Blue Odins, I wouldn't be surprised to see some.

Hopefully I can luck into some.

Pacman2k

Ha. That'd be crazy to see that ability on a 0 turn cooldown.

They need to add the ability for rare egg machine to shit out mobs with random skill levels too.

Colby

If it's a guaranteed drop, it's more than worth a few stones. That leader skill just begs to be abused...

And as much crap as I give Dragon Plant day, I've gotta give it credit where credit is due:
screenshot2013050920384.png

EDIT: Of course, the very next run nets me two dragon seeds and nothing else.

massoluk

Banned
Welp, ended yesterday with more than a dozen Green Dragon runs. Zero dragon fruit that I need, but more than a dozen dragon plants that I don't need. My first 2 Friday runs ended with no mythlit or dubmythlit. Please RNG god, have some fucking mercy

Anyone have a Hermes or blue Noel they can throw up? I am wrapping up the last dungeon of the blue only conditional dungeon and I think I need 30k HP to survive neptune's charge attack.

Kosh

[US] 5/10/2013
Sapphire Dragons 20 stamina, 5 rounds

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A: 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00
E: 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00

Yaari

Yeah, I think we'll hear of a Angels/Demons Godfest pretty soon. I would expect they want to run that in the weekend preferably. But we'll see.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If that's the case, I'll probably buy the $100 iTunes card, ha. Need some stones, and with Warhammer Quest coming soon (amongst other games), I will easily use it up.

Radav

Yeah, I think we'll hear of a Angels/Demons Godfest pretty soon. I would expect they want to run that in the weekend preferably. But we'll see.

Does anyone else think the Demon part of this godfest is a little lackluster? Don't get me wrong I think they could be pretty useful but the Angels seem to blow them out of the water.

Check out the attack on Zeus-Dios!

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=651

Holy cow, he would be fun to have for Horus or Ra.

Does anyone else think the Demon part of this godfest is a little lackluster? Don't get me wrong I think they could be pretty useful but the Angels seem to blow them out of the water.

Check out the attack on Zeus-Dios!

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=651

Holy cow, he would be fun to have for Horus or Ra.

Yeah Zeus-Dios' stats are ridiculous. He not only has the highest ATK in the game, but his other stats are decent as well. Other monsters with really high attack usually have really bad HP and RCV (see Ares/Skydragons).

Things were going great farming ancient wood dragon. Then this happened :

IMAGE SNIP

well shit. gg.

That round alone is why I only deal with the legendary dungeon. So much easier to steamroll the off color demon than the dual chimera...

I run it with my mono red team, so as long as I kill the big demons first I never get locked down (unless I am unlucky on the boss). Siren is difficult though, especially if she gets her healing (typically I save Echidna for 1/4 health siren, pop it and then pray I kill her before it is over)

That round alone is why I only deal with the legendary dungeon. So much easier to steamroll the off color demon than the dual chimera...

I run it with my mono red team, so as long as I kill the big demons first I never get locked down (unless I am unlucky on the boss). Siren is difficult though, especially if she gets her healing (typically I save Echidna for 1/4 health siren, pop it and then pray I kill her before it is over)

yeah, trying to get some skillups for the ancient wood though and i missed the 2x event. With tri-color, I can usually annihilate most things.....until i get bound and bad things happen.

yeah, trying to get some skillups for the ancient wood though and i missed the 2x event. With tri-color, I can usually annihilate most things.....until i get bound and bad things happen.

I had meant the legendary level of the wood whiskey dragon dungeon (not the legendary dragon dungeons). I completely understand trying to skill up the whiskey dragons, Getting that short cooldown even shorter can be devastating.

getting bound really stinks, it is never a good thing. Always happens at the worst time too (think 1 round before echidna, or your orb changers)

I had meant the legendary level of the wood whiskey dragon dungeon (not the legendary dragon dungeons). I completely understand trying to skill up the whiskey dragons, Getting that short cooldown even shorter can be devastating.

getting bound really stinks, it is never a good thing. Always happens at the worst time too (think 1 round before echidna, or your orb changers)

ooooo alright I gotcha. Yeah i'm not sure i'm ready to take down Legendary yet. Topping out with 32k HP with Parv/Artemis. Don't know how much more difficult it is from master. Maybe i'll give a it a try when the stamina regens

Nista

Does anyone have a high level Hermes I could use to try Legendary Whiskey? I've had no luck at all on Master, and I figure that a mono blue team could be safer.

ooooo alright I gotcha. Yeah i'm not sure i'm ready to take down Legendary yet. Topping out with 32k HP with Parv/Artemis. Don't know how much more difficult it is from master. Maybe i'll give a it a try when the stamina regens

The demons in round 5 are Red/Green, so you do not have to worry about them locking your mono-green team, (though you may want to save skills so you can try and kill the green one immediately). Round 9 is a Siren, that gives my mono red team trouble, but your mono green should annihilate her.

Round 10 is Lug, but he typically starts on a 2 timer, and he uses his first turn for that 999 no status skill. So 4 turns before he attacks, and 32k should tank all of his skills once. So the 6 turn kill is very doable with my mono red. You have enough orb changers where you can use some each turn to help add up those combos.

If you are not having any issues with Master Lug, then you should be able to tangle with legend Lug. Toughest part for you would be round 5.

EDIT: I wanted to thank VulcanPGaf for the use of his Hermes for the final level of the water only/no water orb dungeon. Needing to tank 22k from Neptune while I waited for MY neptune's poison to come back after using it the round before is a PAIN!. Even if I had snagged a blue knight for armor break (like what I had to do for the Kelpie/treants in the wood dungeon), I still would have had to tank the 22k because Neptune loves to charge his skill.

Ok serious talk, the new monsters in the conditional dungeons (Treants, kelpies, wisps), why do they have such ungodly high Defense? 54000, really? at least with red, I can shiva my way to victory

mercviper

The demons in round 5 are Red/Green, so you do not have to worry about them locking your mono-green team, (though you may want to save skills so you can try and kill the green one immediately). Round 9 is a Siren, that gives my mono red team trouble, but your mono green should annihilate her.

Round 10 is Lug, but he typically starts on a 2 timer, and he uses his first turn for that 999 no status skill. So 4 turns before he attacks, and 32k should tank all of his skills once. So the 6 turn kill is very doable with my mono red. You have enough orb changers where you can use some each turn to help add up those combos.

If you are not having any issues with Master Lug, then you should be able to tangle with legend Lug. Toughest part for you would be round 5.

EDIT: I wanted to thank VulcanPGaf for the use of his Hermes for the final level of the water only/no water orb dungeon. Needing to tank 22k from Neptune while I waited for MY neptune's poison to come back after using it the round before is a PAIN!. Even if I had snagged a blue knight for armor break (like what I had to do for the Kelpie/treants in the wood dungeon), I still would have had to tank the 22k because Neptune loves to charge his skill.

Ok serious talk, the new monsters in the conditional dungeons (Treants, kelpies, wisps), why do they have such ungodly high Defense? 54000, really? at least with red, I can shiva my way to victory

Wait he never binds all red if you don't kill him in 4 turns? I always have to save Echidna for Whiskey because I require 5 turns to kill him unless orbs fall in my favor and if I don't then he binds me on turn 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom