• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintR

Anyone have a war deity ares they could put up... Want to do get my stone for whiskey dragon and definitely going to the need the hp boost and orb change to 0 stone legend

Saintr@GAF 330 447 209

SaintR

Legend complete

uec5diJ.jpg

Thanks Static

Limit

Quick question about using the rare egg machine for the first time. In the first pull that you get to have after the tutorial is it even possible to get pokemon like Isis and Horus? I have been rerolling for hours trying to get a god pokemon but the best I have done is pulling an owl looking one called Amon.

xCobalt

Quick question about using the rare egg machine for the first time. In the first pull that you get to have after the tutorial is it even possible to get pokemon like Isis and Horus? I have been rerolling for hours trying to get a god pokemon but the best I have done is pulling an owl looking one called Amon.

It's possible but I wouldn't recommend rolling until you get a god. You'll probably end up burning yourself out and get really discouraged. Just roll something that looks appealing to you.

My first couple of rolls were terrible but I still managed to get pretty far in the game with mostly drops that came from dungeons.

Limit

Just when I was about to give up rerolling for getting a God I got Anubis. His leader ability seems difficult to pull off. But at this point I am tired of replaying tutorial over and over again. So I am just going to roll with him.

Just when I was about to give up rerolling for getting a God I got Anubis. His leader ability seems difficult to pull off. But at this point I am tired of replaying tutorial over and over again. So I am just going to roll with him.
Speaking of Anubis, this new Ancient Light Dragon dungeon that just opened up is actually the best possible dungeon to use it as a leader in. It's a Tricolor dungeon that's limited to Water, Wood, Dark, and Heart orbs. And the boss is weak against Dark.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Anubis's leader ability is ridiculous. I still don't know how to put him to use outside of luck in certain dungeons with color restrictions.

Kosh

[US] 5/13/2013
Ancient Light Dragon opens at midnight!
Emerald Dragons 20 stamina, 5 rounds

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A: 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
B: 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00
C: 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00
D: 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
E: 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00

~The schedule is subject to change~

Yaari

I can see why you say that, but you will regret it later. You probably really want to play now, but the game takes such a long time, that those few more rerolls are definitely worth it.

Anubis is practically useless except for a handful of exceptions.

I said it on the other forum aswell, but for any new player, I'd go for that Seraphim Lucifer. The Godfest for him should happen really soon, and really, Anubis sucks.

I need to run hill of iris with these increased drop rates more often, just got 2 dub mythlits in one run.

That is awesome. I really need them aswell, but Hill of Iris has not been very kind to me in the past :(.
Do you run the final stage?

Edit: Just got from PAD Global:

- New Survey Dungeon: Mystic Flame Knight
- New Monster: Metatron (Will be God/Healer, and will be a Dark and a Light version) Out in June.
- JP gets iOS update next week that optimizes the iPhone 5 screen. (I hope US gets this soon!)
New version changes:

- Increased monster box (from current max 500)
- Able to peek at monster's stat just by tapping on the monster's icon.
These are JP updates, so we won't see them anytime soon! But still, it sounds good.

J0dy77

Edit: Just got from PAD Global, JP is getting a new iOS version next week that optimizes the iPhone 5 screen. Long overdue, IMO, but I hope we'll get it soon aswell.

Awesome, really looking forward to this. I don't even mind if they keep the game play the same size with just a better border around it and fix the menus. I always thought they could move your monsters to the bottom on iphone 5 and show more of the dungeon as well.

Anubis is not a great starter monster, you can do much better. Like Yaari said, he's very situational and hardly ever used. We have a tier list buried somewhere in this thread that lets you know who you're really want to shoot for. Any of the 2x ATk and 2x HP or the 1.5x atk/rcv/hp monsters are great. A lot of the gods are worthwhile as well.

My starter mob on this account was Venus who I never used until extremely late in the game and have since replaced again on my Horus team. My box now has Neptune, Horus, Viper, etc. My point being, don't burn yourself out on the tutorial. It certainly helps to have a great starter but isn't imperative.

Yaari

Yep. The good thing about rerolling, is that you can arguably get whatever monster you want, for free. Imagine having to pay 5$ each time you rerolled, because that is what it would cost if you did IAP.

And without a good starter you will probably even get stuck. I started out with a Mystic Light Knight, got to Rank 60, and started over with Amaterasu Ohkami.

That being said I hate rerolling too, its so boring. I'd set the game aside for a few more days and save energy for during a Godfest.

Radav

[US] 5/13/2013
Ancient Light Dragon opens at midnight!
Emerald Dragons 20 stamina, 5 rounds

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A: 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
B: 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00
C: 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00
D: 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
E: 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00

~The schedule is subject to change~

Yay! Finally Emerald Dragons!

Feel free to start playing the game without a recommended first roll and get a feel for it's mechanics. If you restart during a Godfest, a good first leader and your acquired knowledge of how the game works will help you catch back up quickly.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Feel free to start playing the game without a recommended first roll and get a feel for it's mechanics. If you restart during a Godfest, a good first leader and your acquired knowledge of how the game works will help you catch back up quickly.

Agreed. I'm actually in the process of doing a few rerolls a night on my iPad. I have a very robust team at the moment, but I want to start toying with other options based off of a good strong starter.

well just because we're talking about first rolls....I started with a Marine Rider. Followed it up with a MIK on roll 2.

So that was fun. Eventually got some gods and thats when things opened up.

Limit

Well if Seraphim Lucifer is that good then I am going to hold off investing time leveling up my current team. And just to be clear, to get Serphim Lucifer I want to roll for Archangel Lucifer, correct? According to this database you can only obtain Serphim Lucifer through evolution.

Yaari

Well if Seraphim Lucifer is that good then I am going to hold off investing time leveling up my current team. And just to be clear, to get Serphim Lucifer I want to roll for Archangel Lucifer, correct? According to this database you can only obtain Serphim Lucifer through evolution.

Yep, correct.

TimeKillr

So I have a question... The best dungeon to run for +1 eggs is Ocean of Heaven, last stage during the weekends, right?

When I did it last weekend, I got like 1 +1 egg in 10 runs... So I don't know if it's my bad luck or if it's better to run Prosell than Ocean of Heaven...

So any consensus on a easy way to beat Legendary without having to rely on anubis luck?

Also could anyone put up a Hermes? It seems like my friends list exploded with Artemis Busty Freya, and ADK leaders again...

So I have a question... The best dungeon to run for +1 eggs is Ocean of Heaven, last stage during the weekends, right?

When I did it last weekend, I got like 1 +1 egg in 10 runs... So I don't know if it's my bad luck or if it's better to run Prosell than Ocean of Heaven...

I think i got 3 in 5ish runs. 2 in 1 run. Definitely the best place i've seen them so far.

BetaTester

Neo Member
PDX 13 May Update:: Team Simulator ( Beta Version )

This simulator is made for players who have some experience with PAD. If you are a new player, it may take you awhile to figure it out. So you may want to try asking more experienced players for some guidance on which stats are important. For you PAD veterans, you can probably figure it how to use it once you see it.

In some cases, you may want to know if your HP is high enough for a certain boss. However, if your team consists of multiple attributes, and your leader only boosts one attribute, the calculation is much harder. However the simulator can accurately predict damage and healing values.

Auto heal per turn is calculated for the guardians like Amaterasu, Siren, etc. You may want to look at this for the Odin/Amaterasu team composition.

HP breakpoints for teams with Ogres and Orochi will tell you the critical values. This feature works especially well when combined with the auto heal calculation. The HP trigger for Goemon is also displayed.
------------------

Note:
1. Simulator locates at every sub-dungeon page.
2. If you entered monsters into your collection, your level and plus(+) will be loaded automatically. You won't be required to enter them every time.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

Special thanks to upc for brainstorming with me for many days.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Puzzle & Dragons made @ $4m/day in April, 10% entire Jpn pop reg, maker GungHo market cap $15b is > Nintendo's -markmacd

http://www.serkantoto.com/2013/05/13/puzzle-dragons-gungho-reaches-us15-billion-market-cap/

Since late last year, maker GungHo’s market cap at the Osaka Stock Exchange kept rising and rising until – at about US$10 billion- making the company worth more than Mobage operator DeNA, GREE, and Zynga combined.

And today, GungHo shares (ticker: 3765) jumped limit-up by 300,000 yen to 1,342,000 yen (+28.8%) in just a few minutes of trading, until the stock was bid-only.

As a consequence, the company’s market cap now reached 1.54 trillion yen, which translates to US$15.1 billion. With this number, GungHo topped Nintendo’s market cap of US$1.53 trillion yen (or US$15.0 billion).

The US$15.1 billion market cap is also higher than that of Nikon, Fujitsu, Isuzu, Sanyo, All Nippon Airways, Sharp, or Mitsubishi Motors.

It’s a new world we live in.

Other market caps (Monday, May 13 at 11:30am JST):

GREE: US$2.8 billion
DeNA: US$3.6 billion
Zynga at US$2.6 billion
Electronic Arts: US$6.7 billion
Activision Blizzard: US$16.7 billion

I don't think UPC has a GAF account but that guy is crazy (in both a good and bad way????). Thanks for your hard work as always.
That's the player I mentioned before that surprised me by having Zeus' skill up to Lvl.11. It caught me off guard when it activated on the same turn as my Orochi. That's hardcore! And right now I see he already has an evolved Zaerog at Lvl.96.

J0dy77

Very good advice here. Just start playing now, learn the game and what's possible and then reroll during a godfest. The first and second rule of this thread is never, ever use magic stones outside of a godfest. Roll all of the saved up stones you have the next time one comes around, if you don't get anything worthwhile... start over.

There are a lot of other worthwhile first gods if you end up rerolling. Trying to pull just one is going to drive you mad. Come back to thread when you think you've got a good one and we'll let you know.

xCobalt

Anyone think it would be worthwhile to farm legend and use the Moltdras+dragon drops to power up your light stuff?

I think you're better off farming expert and just go for Moltdras. Less stamina cost, better chance of encountering moltdras and legend has dark monsters as well.

Pacman2k

Whats the word on the Ancient Light Dragon? Can I just roll in there mono-blue tank&spank or are there some tricks in there a la bowmore I need to adjust for?

Whats the word on the Ancient Light Dragon? Can I just roll in there mono-blue tank&spank or are there some tricks in there a la bowmore I need to adjust for?

tank&spank (hilarious) should work just find. I used Anubis+Isis for expert just for shits and it was pretty easy. Boss is hilariously under powered.

Really could use a 2x skill up event soon. Sitting on 5 Ancient Wood and about 8 Marine Goblins just hanging out in the box.

massoluk

Banned
I just dominated everything on Master with my Cosmo Venus, I don't imagine it's that hard with Light Resist Dragon. I'm too scared to touch Legend due to dark monsters.

Kreed

Just did the Ancient Light Dragon on Expert (got the boss dragon to drop surprisingly), and noticed that this dungeon actually has the Light Dragon starter as a mini boss (most of the light and dark special dungeons substitute either the light or dark lil Dragon evos). I'm assuming the Ancient Dark Dragon dungeon will have the Dark Dragon starter. Do the mini boss starter dragon actually drop, because I remember someone saying that you could only get these dragons as gifts/presents?

massoluk

Banned
Just did the Ancient Light Dragon on Expert (got the boss dragon to drop surprisingly), and noticed that this dungeon actually has the Light Dragon starter as a mini boss (most of the light and dark special dungeons substitute either the light or dark lil Dragon evos). I'm assuming the Ancient Dark Dragon dungeon will have the Dark Dragon starter. Do the mini boss starter dragon actually drop, because I remember someone saying that you could only get these dragons as gifts/presents?

I think they meant you can't get light or dark dragons as a starter. Misnomer there, there's not Light Dragon starter, just Light Dragon Gift.

Kreed

I think they meant you can't get light or dark dragons as a starter. Misnomer there, there's not Light Dragon starter, just Light Dragon Gift.

Yeah excuse my terminology, I meant that for the three starter dragons (fire, water, grass), they have a light and dark dragon counterpart. And those two counterparts supposedly don't drop anywhere in the game and you can only get them as presents. So far from my playing the game I've never seen these two dragons drop anywhere (I've gotten plenty of duplicates of the other three from these special dungeons). I just want to be sure before attempting to farm this and the next dark dungeon for one.

Anyone think it would be worthwhile to farm legend and use the Moltdras+dragon drops to power up your light stuff?
Only if you're trying to max skill the Light Whiskey Dragon, which I'm also doing. Otherwise, colored Pengdras are still more efficient even though they're off-colored.

BTW, I can vouch for that recommended team by James on the Puzzledragonx site. Only, I think it works even better with a Loki instead of a Vamp/Duke helper. That 4x RCV makes charging skills way easier and you're not really missing the second orb changer since it's a Tricolor dungeon and one Duke is enough to ensure you don't run out of Dark orbs. It also makes healing against Lilith much easier, since she attacks for over 12K damage per turn.

Nah. Prior to these dungeons, the only way to get Light/Dark starter equivalent dragons was through friend egg gift exchange. GungHo later released dungeons like this where you can now farm them. A similar example is Valkyrie only being available through the rare machine before they released a special dungeon for her. It only made sense, since she was the only unfarmable Heart-to-orb changer. Now it looks like GungHo is finally going to start releasing special dungeons for the other Mystic Knights, too.

massoluk

Banned
Nah. Prior to these dungeons, the only way to get Light/Dark starter equivalent dragons was through friend egg gift exchange. GungHo later released dungeons like this where you can now farm them. A similar example is Valkyrie only being available through the rare machine before they released a special dungeon for her. It only made sense, since she was the only unfarmable Heart-to-orb changer. Now it looks like GungHo is finally going to start releasing special dungeons for the other Mystic Knights, too.

Cool. Hope those come soon.

if they are anything like the CDK or MSK dungeons, the drop rate will be so absurdly low it won't really matter.
Well, the first time those enquette dungeons rolled around we had an entire week to farm it as opposed to the single day we had during he event. Theoretically when Enquette 4 appears on this side of the ocean, we'll have an entire week to farm Nagas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom