• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slottm

Neo Member
Treants/wisps/water horses aren't really that difficult. I can imagine the wood dungeon being the worst. All it takes is a well placed ADK combo, blue can be done with neptune friends, fire can be done with shiva friends

Wait he never binds all red if you don't kill him in 4 turns? I always have to save Echidna for Whiskey because I require 5 turns to kill him unless orbs fall in my favor and if I don't then he binds me on turn 4.

I have had him bind me on turn 4 once, It has to do with how much HP he has left. If you can hold him to above 35% he is much less likely to bind you then if he has less than 35%. Try to get him down below 50 % by turn 3, chill out on turn 4 and take the hit, then burn his ass to the ground on 5 & 6.

Even when he bound me, I did not end up dieing because his bind is not all red for 5 turns, it is kind of random. I got back two monsters before he attacked again and killed him.

mercviper

I have had him bind me on turn 4 once, It has to do with how much HP he has left. If you can hold him to above 35% he is much less likely to bind you then if he has less than 35%. Try to get him down below 50 % by turn 3, chill out on turn 4 and take the hit, then burn his ass to the ground on 5 & 6.

Even when he bound me, I did not end up dieing because his bind is not all red for 5 turns, it is kind of random. I got back two monsters before he attacked again and killed him.

Oh, every time I've been bound it's been 5 turns -_- Or at least 3+.

Yaari

Time traveler on Facebook claims an event is on its way. He can't see anything for tomorrow which usually means just that.

Splat

ooooo alright I gotcha. Yeah i'm not sure i'm ready to take down Legendary yet. Topping out with 32k HP with Parv/Artemis. Don't know how much more difficult it is from master. Maybe i'll give a it a try when the stamina regens

I run Parv/Artemis on Master too (but I bring an echidna that I charge in time for the chims so I can at least burn down one). Let me know how your legend run goes.

J0dy77

If you're building strictly for a Horus team, who do you level first, Heaven Neptune or Demon Viper Orochi?

Neptunes overall stats are a lot better at higher levels and the dual color helps a lot while Demon's delay is almost a must for the tougher dungeons. Can't decide.

Radav

Time traveler on Facebook claims an event is on its way. He can't see anything for tomorrow which usually means just that.

Hmm a Saturday start for an event that's a new one. Last time we got Zues, Hera and Valkyrie. New dungeons we have yet to see Goemon, Hera-Is and Satan. I'd be willing to bet we get Goemon and then some of the old ones like Hera, Two Heroes or Zeus spread out over the week. Maybe they'll even give us Hera-Is and Goemon! I really need to see Two Heroes and 2x kings and anything else will be icing on the cake.

Radav

If you're building strictly for a Horus team, who do you level first, Heaven Neptune or Demon Viper Orochi?

Neptunes overall stats are a lot better at higher levels and the dual color helps a lot while Demon's delay is almost a must for the tougher dungeons. Can't decide.

That's a tough decision but I'd vote for the Viper since well I can't really imagine not using him if you're planning to use him for Zeus and other similar dungeons. Whereas Heaven Neptune can be replaced by other stuff depending on what you're running.

Yaari

Hmm a Saturday start for an event that's a new one. Last time we got Zues, Hera and Valkyrie. New dungeons we have yet to see Goemon, Hera-Is and Satan. I'd be willing to bet we get Goemon and then some of the old ones like Hera, Two Heroes or Zeus spread out over the week. Maybe they'll even give us Hera-Is and Goemon! I really need to see Two Heroes and 2x kings and anything else will be icing on the cake.

He said he tried again and saw Metal Dragons now. Bah. I wanna roll my remaining stones already, give Godfest.

Colby

I'd go with Orochi, too. Plus, Orochi has more uses outside of a Horus team, so it's an insane monster to have ready for anything. It's the one monster I would trade everything else to have on my Horus team.

Radav

He said he tried again and saw Metal Dragons now. Bah. I wanna roll my remaining stones already, give Godfest.

Ah boo! Well, I seem to remember someone saying that the japanese side was getting a new dungeon on Monday so maybe our event will start then?

daemissary

Anyone have an Ares and some empty friend slots? Trying to get as many of the Ancient Green Dragon runs in to max out his skills before it goes away.

I usually run an Amaterasu, ADK or one of the five rippers as my leader. Friend code is 346-431-299.

Jagernaut

Anyone have an Ares and some empty friend slots? Trying to get as many of the Ancient Green Dragon runs in to max out his skills before it goes away.

I usually run an Amaterasu, ADK or one of the five rippers as my leader. Friend code is 346-431-299.

I have an Ares. Just sent you an invite from Static@GAF.

Like you said, Neptune has better stats, so it'll benefit more from higher levels. Its poison also benefits from higher ATK. Orochi's primary use is for its delay skill, which can be used at any level. So, I'd level Neptune first.

Just sent you an invite and put Ares up. I'll be switching him out during my Group A Sapphire runs though.

daw840

Holy shit....running the wood only Tech dungeon (with no wood orbs....wth) and I've hit these three tree looking things that seem to have ridiculous defense and very high HP. How the hell are you supposed to beat them?

Holy shit....running the wood only Tech dungeon (with no wood orbs....wth) and I've hit these three tree looking things that seem to have ridiculous defense and very high HP. How the hell are you supposed to beat them?
The easiest to acquire solutions are an Earth Fighter or Knight for the 50% armor break. It stills requires a strong attack to penetrate the reduced armor, but it's obviously much easier to do so. You'll also want to use ATK multiplier leaders. You can also use a Blazing Ice Ogre or Flame Armor Ogre if you have those or have the materials to create them.

Colby

So I was at ~0/40 on Vampire skill-ups, but then I got two in a row to finish it. I never want to do that again. Now I can actually make progress elsewhere.

So I was at ~0/40 on Vampire skill-ups, but then I got two in a row to finish it. I never want to do that again. Now I can actually make progress elsewhere.
Dang. That's brutal. Congrats on finally completing it though. I originally planned on having 2 max skilled vamps, but said fuck that after finally completing the first.

RNG on a roll the past few weeks...

I don't know what it is but I am completely unable to get any other dub-lot than dub-topalit and dub-sapphlit. Which sucks, because while I have a ton of dub-mythlits from the event two events ago I am starved for dub-amelits & dub-emmelits (the green one).

Gungtroll indeed

Colby

Here's my thought process: it's rare to need both Light and Dark resist, and you can find each resist by itself quite easily. You can't find 60% resist easily, and that extra 10% can really help. I'd go with the 60%, but I'm not up-to-date on future dungeons, so I could be wrong.

Cerity

wow, pulled 4 times for some blue goodness. All 3 star....

edit: guess this makes up for it. 6 pulls and not one blue though.

3uFGqZP.jpg

massoluk

Banned
Here's my thought process: it's rare to need both Light and Dark resist, and you can find each resist by itself quite easily. You can't find 60% resist easily, and that extra 10% can really help. I'd go with the 60%, but I'm not up-to-date on future dungeons, so I could be wrong.

Alright, I went with light resist, My box was actually really full and I don't have material for dark resist :p.

Jagernaut

They make the Lucifer strategies sound easy but every time you use the skill you are on the edge of death. If you can't combo with heart matches you will be dead once the boss attacks.

Yaari

They make the Lucifer strategies sound easy but every time you use the skill you are on the edge of death. If you can't combo with heart matches you will be dead once the boss attacks.

True, but with 4x RCV I think a single Health orb combo will kick you back to half HP atleast.

To me it sounds incredibly easy. I'd love to pull one, it sounds like he can do it all.

Kosh

[US] 5/11/2013
Metal Dragons 15 stamina, 5 rounds

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A: 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00
B: 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00
D: 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
E: 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00

~The schedule is subject to change~

Nista

My god, this green whiskey is going to run out of shield before I manage to kill it. My blue combos do almost nothing to it.

Not sure how I'm going to deal with Barley storm either since I can't burn it down quickly. -.-

Colby

Man, I miss the ease of the water Ancient Dragon dungeon. I had a water team with Neptune that swept through it. Unfortunately, I have to use that same water team on the wood Dragon. It works, but it's not feasible to grind it for drops. Interestingly, I got my first round 9 drop, Dryad, on the Master level. I did 10+ Ancient Waters on Legendary, plus plenty of other Legendary runs, too, and never got a 9th round drop.

massoluk

Banned
Do you guys see any potential Hera clearing team in there somewhere next time her dungeon come up? :( I have the worst of luck with God Fest, all those jewels, only Venus and Thor. Still trying to level Siren skill, gazillion marine goblins later, still level 2...

Red, Blue, Green, Light, Dark

Wait, why are there metal dragons today? Shouldn't it be emerald? Unless I missed something earlier in the week. It better not be tomorrow, I really need pengdras.

Radav

Wait, why are there metal dragons today? Shouldn't it be emerald? Unless I missed something earlier in the week. It better not be tomorrow, I really need pengdras.

Yeah, Im sitting on almost 30 maxed green pengdras waiting for emerald dragons. Been waiting all week. Was thinking today would finally be the day but it says we're getting metal again. ARGH!

Do you guys see any potential Hera clearing team in there somewhere next time her dungeon come up? :( I have the worst of luck with God Fest, all those jewels, only Venus and Thor. Still trying to level Siren skill, gazillion marine goblins later, still level 2...

Red, Blue, Green, Light, Dark

How much RCV do your healer leaders have? If you have enough to heal over 2500 each turn you can run a 16k healer/green Odin team to beat Hera. The typical one uses two rainbow keepers, a ripper monster (think a decently leveled whiskey try and get the light one on Monday) and Lilith (for Neptune).

You has the start just focus on your siren to get her max skilled and enough RCV to heal 2500

Got my 30 consecutive log in crystals. Now up to 13 waiting on a dark even god fest. Pretty much stuck at the moment but grinding to level my monsters.

lenni

I really need an Echidna.
Where would be the best dungeon to farm for her?
I've been running Tower of Nature's Wheel of Fire about 30 times this weekend for the 1.5x drop, but had no luck. I guess the best chance is to try Hyperion Lava Flow's Serpent Loved by Flame during 1.5x drop, or is there any better place?

mercviper

Man, I miss the ease of the water Ancient Dragon dungeon. I had a water team with Neptune that swept through it. Unfortunately, I have to use that same water team on the wood Dragon. It works, but it's not feasible to grind it for drops. Interestingly, I got my first round 9 drop, Dryad, on the Master level. I did 10+ Ancient Waters on Legendary, plus plenty of other Legendary runs, too, and never got a 9th round drop.
I've gotten 4 or 5 of the healers from the 9th level so far. Wondering if I need a third siren in any team because I've max skilled two already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom