• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacman2k

In case anyone wants a trip-report, mono-blue no problems in the light dungeon on master.

Charged up orochi for the double chimeras on 5 but didn't even need it - killed them in 2 turns with a kamui orb change.

This dungeon is easy.

Jagernaut

In case anyone wants a trip-report, mono-blue no problems in the light dungeon on master.

Charged up orochi for the double chimeras on 5 but didn't even need it - killed them in 2 turns with a kamui orb change.

This dungeon is easy.

I tried master with a mono green team earlier. I usually wait for 2x drop for master but I had some stamina to burn. The chimeras killed me when I realized my ADK was charged up but there were no red orbs to convert to green.

Pacman2k

I tried master with a mono green team earlier. I usually wait for 2x drop for master but I had some stamina to burn. The chimeras killed me when I realized my ADK was charged up but there were no red orbs to convert to green.

Ha, I had the same realization with Siren mid run but adjusted to be more conservative with hearts and made it through just fine.

I am going to swap her out for something else in subsequent runs. Bowmore perhaps.

Pacman2k

Which dungeon will give me the most green Pengdras for my stamina?

I personally have great luck with the lowest technical dungeons. ie: Fertile Land -> New Journey for green.

I always seem to get at least one pengdra per run, the stam cost is low, and I snag a mythlit here and there which is good for me.

Edit: Whoops my bad on the 2x post. Not paying attention.

Radav

Man didn't expect to be doing so well today running emerald dragons. 15 runs so far and I got 6 Kings, 9 Highs. Pretty weird. I finally maxed out my first 4 million xp god. Something a little crazy about dumping 30+ pengdras into Susano to get him from 81-99. Only need to do that wit Ra, Hera, Orochi and Echidna now. lol

Man didn't expect to be doing so well today running emerald dragons. 15 runs so far and I got 6 Kings, 9 Highs. Pretty weird. I finally maxed out my first 4 million xp god. Something a little crazy about dumping 30+ pengdras into Susano to get him from 81-99. Only need to do that wit Ra, Hera, Orochi and Echidna now. lol
Yeah I went 4/4 earlier. Almost feels like an event. I'm sure ill get none on my next four runs though.

Oublieux

I don't normally like mobile gaming but I literally just started this because I love puzzle matching games. Combining it with monster catching... well that's just a formula for addiction.

Anyway, I was wondering if there's a wiki of some sorts showing monster tiers? I'm asking because I finished the tutorial and pulled a rare egg that was a Lvl 30 Siren. I honestly have no idea if it's good or not but the stats seem great to me.

ToxicAdam

I don't normally like mobile gaming but I literally just started this because I love puzzle matching games. Combining it with monster catching... well that's just a formula for addiction.

Anyway, I was wondering if there's a wiki of some sorts showing monster tiers? I'm asking because I finished the tutorial and pulled a rare egg that was a Lvl 30 Siren. I honestly have no idea if it's good or not but the stats seem great to me.

Siren is a good pull for a new player. Make her the leader and she will heal your party after every match.

Here's a great wiki/database of all the info you could ever need:

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monsterbook.asp

Also, don't waste your precious stones on stamina refills or continues. The desire to do so will be there. Save all your stones for the chance for more rare eggs, instead.

Kosh

[US] 5/14/2013
Metal Dragons 15 stamina, 5 rounds

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A: 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00
B: 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
C: 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00
D: 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00
E: 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00

~The schedule is subject to change~

cMarHuMl.jpg

So cute...

that light dragon is way too OP, died at 5%, used a stone and the fucker didn't drop...fml.

OP? Not at all, he hits like a baby. What level were you on? Max attack on expert is 3.2k with his special skill. If you made it to the dragon, you shouldn't have any problems...the rest of the dungeon is WAY more difficult.

And don't use a stone unless you know you are going to get a drop (2x events). You're better off just using it for stamina instead.

Wanchan

OP? Not at all, he hits like a baby. What level were you on? Max attack on expert is 3.2k with his special skill. If you made it to the dragon, you shouldn't have any problems...the rest of the dungeon is WAY more difficult.

I was on Master, i had no problem with the entire dungeon (even the 2 chimeras on same timer@round 5) but the dragon below 50% was hiting me for 7800 each turn (x5 dmg below 70% and plasma ball each turn...), i couldn't outheal this much dmg everytime with my auto healer + rcv orbs, and there's no red orbs so i couldn't use my max skilled sirens, died cause no rcv orbs left..

I had no problem with the previous ancients, this one is the hardest for me.

massoluk

Banned
I was on Master, i had no problem with the entire dungeon (even the 2 chimeras on same timer@round 5) but the dragon below 50% was hiting me for 7800 each turn (x5 dmg below 70% and plasma ball each turn...), i couldn't outheal this much dmg everytime with my auto healer + rcv orbs, and there's no red orbs so i couldn't use my max skilled sirens, died cause no rcv orbs left..

I had no problem with the previous ancients, this one is the hardest for me.

I got careless once on the double chimera myself (shoulda brought Rainbow Keeper for defense that one time), , but I don't remember light dragon giving me that much of a hard time on master. I wasn't even using auto healer, just 60% light resist and some dude dark multiplier.

The ancient dragon master isn't exactly that hard, but it did caught me off guard and killed me at the final stage when the dragon binded my dark monsters (lost the 50% reduction),

OTIX

BTW, I can vouch for that recommended team by James on the Puzzledragonx site. Only, I think it works even better with a Loki instead of a Vamp/Duke helper. That 4x RCV makes charging skills way easier and you're not really missing the second orb changer since it's a Tricolor dungeon and one Duke is enough to ensure you don't run out of Dark orbs. It also makes healing against Lilith much easier, since she attacks for over 12K damage per turn.
Won't the boss lock out dark monsters? Or does he only do that below a certain %?

ccbfan

Man almost complete Ancient Light Dragon on Legend.

Got unlucky with heal orbs at the end and couldn't heal up fast enough. Went through a 2 heal orbs, 3 heal orbs, 2 heal orbs set and died.

When

Blue Noel
Water Golem
Water Ancient
Siren
Hera

Blue Noel.

Sucks that fire orbs are missing and makes siren active useless. Might grab a blue keeper and replace Hera with it for the Defense skill. Replacing Hera with another Siren for more HP and a lot more RCV might work too. Too bad I don't have better blue monsters.

daw840

Where's the best place to get mythlits? I know the easy Friday dungeon has one at the boss level but it never seemed to drop for me last week. Any other dungeon where they're common? I need 2 to evolve my Susano

Where's the best place to get mythlits? I know the easy Friday dungeon has one at the boss level but it never seemed to drop for me last week. Any other dungeon where they're common? I need 2 to evolve my Susano

The first level of Technicals have Mythlits as a rare spawn. They used to show up regularly during Pengdra farming...

Radav

The first level of Technicals have Mythlits as a rare spawn. They used to show up regularly during Pengdra farming...

I spent a bunch of time farming for pengdras last week on the first level of the wood techs and probably had about 5 total mythlits drop. I didn't count how many runs that was but all told I farmed up something like 30 pengdras so that might give you an idea about how many runs that took. It's one of those things where know matter where you end up deciding to farm for them you'll be frustrated by how long it takes. I came up with a bunch of them back when I was farming for Marine Goblins in Polar Night Tower's last level too.

mercviper

I'm sad I can't farm legend light whiskey, or probably even do it because I don't have a blue/green team and my dark team is too underleveled.

OTIX

Managed to do it on Legendary with a Vamp+Loki team, the boss never locked me so I guess it's only at low health he does it. It was very close though, partly because my team is a bit underleveled. I used a rainbow keeper in the fourth sub slot which really helped against Lilith. Had some bad luck on gems/combos and only barely managed to kill the boss in four rounds. Don't think I'm gonna be able to farm this one like the others.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Master team for easy clear would be Light Resist Dragon leader/sub, 2x Rainbow Keeper, dark ripper, and anything else (I use Lilith, but you can literally use anything).

I'm still trying to see if I can get an easy to assembly Legendary team.

mercviper

I did master fairly easily though slightly tedious. Ran ama+dark/light hades leaders with 2xrainbow, and max skill bowmore/vamp subs.

This team won't be able to get me past 5 on Legend though.

J0dy77

yup, Master sucks. hitting for 11-13k a turn. Between Parv+Ceres+32k HP...eventually ran out of healing. damn.

I ran Master really quickly with My Green/Light venus and Isis with a lot of purple in the middle. I used Viper delay when he hit about 20% health when his damage picks up. Worked really well but definitely riskier than running 2 Venus.

Slottm

Neo Member
Since I've noticed some of you struggling on this dungeon, figured I'd show the non-conventional team I went with.

8pNZOnl.jpg

Yep, that's a fairlo/angelion. 50% light reduction with a dark>heart orb change on a 5 turn cooldown. Matched with my wood team (4200 RCV after freyja's 2x rcv kicks in) this team had very few issues at all. The hardest stage was demons on stage 5. It took 30 minutes to beat the dungeon, but it's a reliable strat I can use. I've gotten the boss to 20% using a mono-green team but ran out of juice. Also got him to 10% with a dark team, but again...bad luck and well...death. This team seems to be able to do it consistently. Hope this may help some of you struggling. The pony is your friend :)

Just ran master light with a Parvati/Artemis team with an Echidna thrown do a little extra RCV and delay. 33k HP and 2.8k RCV. Seemed pretty safe. I just saved Parvati for healing instead of damage. I managed to use Echidna on the chimeras and twice on the dragon. Only took about 15 minutes.

Edit: wowI haven't been this lucky in awhile

DLITnzvl.jpg

Man almost complete Ancient Light Dragon on Legend.

Got unlucky with heal orbs at the end and couldn't heal up fast enough. Went through a 2 heal orbs, 3 heal orbs, 2 heal orbs set and died.

When

Blue Noel
Water Golem
Water Ancient
Siren
Hera

Blue Noel.

Sucks that fire orbs are missing and makes siren active useless. Might grab a blue keeper and replace Hera with it for the Defense skill. Replacing Hera with another Siren for more HP and a lot more RCV might work too. Too bad I don't have better blue monsters.

I just got done with ancient light legendary thanks to your blue Noel. It took forever, I ran about the same team as you (substitute water ancient for ice mech & abyss Neptune for Hera)

I screwed up once (blue guardian was active but didn't and could not heal after two plasma balls. So 1 stone clear.

SaintR

0/2 on rainbow keeper..troll so hard. Ran it just to have some materials for busty evolves and to have 1 or 2 for my dark team just in case I need the hp. This game really drags when there isn't an event going on. I still enjoy it but when you want to do something in particular its frustrating.

Since I've noticed some of you struggling on this dungeon, figured I'd show the non-conventional team I went with.

8pNZOnl.jpg

Yep, that's a fairlo/angelion. 50% light reduction with a dark>heart orb change on a 5 turn cooldown. Matched with my wood team (4200 RCV after freyja's 2x rcv kicks in) this team had very few issues at all. The hardest stage was demons on stage 5. It took 30 minutes to beat the dungeon, but it's a reliable strat I can use. I've gotten the boss to 20% using a mono-green team but ran out of juice. Also got him to 10% with a dark team, but again...bad luck and well...death. This team seems to be able to do it consistently. Hope this may help some of you struggling. The pony is your friend :)
Nice unconventional strategy. Thanks for sharing. Long ago, I posted that I preferred the Toy Dragons as leaders over the more commonly used resist/nuke Dragons. When you're using resist leaders, your team is geared for a longer defensive battle. So, the orb-to-heart change skill is way more valuable then a longer cooldown nuke attack which is insignificant over a long battle. The same reasoning even makes them a better choice than the resist Greek gods in some cases. BTW, what difficulty did you use this team to beat? If it was Legendary, then I figure Lilith would've also given you some trouble, since it would be a pretty long fight, and she deals over 12K damage per turn.

Can someone with a Blue Sock add me please? 384 134 290
Blue Sock? You mean the Blue Noel? Sorry I don't have one. Had a green one, but fed it to Zeus. But I see you're already on my friend list. I'll be rolling whenever the Demons and Angels god fest comes around, by which time there should be plenty of people appearing with 2xHP/2xRCV monsters on friend lists.

Colby

Blue Sock? You mean the Blue Noel? Sorry I don't have one. Had a green one, but fed it to Zeus. But I see you're already on my friend list. I'll be rolling whenever the Demons and Angels god fest comes around, by which time there should be plenty of people appearing with 2xHP/2xRCV monsters on friend lists.

I hope so. Thanks anyway.

And thanks Cobalt, I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom