• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been lazy about updating the OP since 5.1, but here's Emalde's new tier list. I don't completely agree with it but the important stuff is where it belongs:
God King Tier: Isis, Horus, Archangel Lucifer, Ares, Hermes, Artemis, Freyr, Freyja, Idunn & Idunna, Odin the War Deity [Blue Odin]

Top Tier: Apollo, Persephone, Shiva, Lakshmi, Parvati, Vritra, Indra, Loki, Odin [Green Odin],

Okay Tier: Baal, Bastet, Hades, Neptune, Ceres, Venus, Yomi, Amaterasu, Viper Orochi, Thor, Valkyrie

Sick of Rerolling: Minerva, Siegfried the Blue Champion, Cu Chulainn the Green Spear, Ancient Dragon Knight

And the APK for the latest Android update that happened within the past 24 hours:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3h17o5r1eryj099

raiot

I think it has something to do how difficult it is to obtain a good Team with the colors.
For Dark, "just" get a vampire, which you can farm and max skill. For Light? Better kill that Mythical difficulty dungeon... and then hope for the skillup dungeon to appear in the west.

Another Question:

How do I beat Ancient Light Legend repeatedly?

I beat it with a Zeus team and 1 used stone, beat it with a Zeus team with 0 stones and after that, failed 3 times in a row with the same team...

These are some of the teams I can field:

OxZBuFz.jpg

I also have an Angelion, which is unfortunatly not skilled, a Demon Viper Orochi Lvl 60, and a Blue Noel Dragon, but the rest of my blue subs (Siegfried, Fenrir Knight and Bowmore) are to low lvl for a good High HP team...
Any Ideas?

Not sure why Loki and Thor are on different tiers when they have essentially the same abilities as the other norse gods.
I'm guessing it's because their Greek counterparts, Apollo and Persephone, inexplicably have 1.5/1.5/1.5 leader skills like the Indian tricolor gods, instead of 2/2/1 like Ares, Artemis, and Hermes. So, you can't make Light/Dark 2/4/2 teams, which many consider to be the best balance of stats for a general team.

I don't completely agree with all the rankings in that tier list either, but it isn't bad. I'd drop Blue Odin out of the God King Tier. In the end, his active skill isn't amazing, and he still just provides 2.5x ATK which is the same as Bastet and ADK, who occupy the bottom 2 tiers. I understand ADK's farmability hurts its tier ranking, but I like it better than Bastet. Freyr, Freyja, and Idunn & Idunna are obviously great, but you already start the game with your color choice of the slightly poor man's versions of them. I'd move Viper Orochi up, because it's so unique and useful in a bunch of teams, and really has no viable substitutes.

Another Question:

How do I beat Ancient Light Legend repeatedly?

I beat it with a Zeus team and 1 used stone, beat it with a Zeus team with 0 stones and after that, failed 3 times in a row with the same team...

These are some of the teams I can field:

I also have an Angelion, which is unfortunatly not skilled, a Demon Viper Orochi Lvl 60, and a Blue Noel Dragon, but the rest of my blue subs (Siegfried, Fenrir Knight and Bowmore) are to low lvl for a good High HP team...
Any Ideas?
Your Thor team wouldn't work, since there are no Light orbs in the dungeon.

Your Wood team seems underleveled and ADK's active skill is useless.

Your Zeus team does seem like it's the best of the 3 suited to tackle the dungeon, which you've already said you've done with 0 stones at least once. Where are you having trouble? That team should be able to smash the boss Dragon, provided you have your skills charged before it activates its 5x ATK power-up. I'm guessing you're having trouble at the stage 5 and 9 sub bosses?

edit:
Anyone have a shiva up for Masks?
Just put mine up. But I might hit up the 1am Ruby dungeon in 35 minutes.

raiot

I could also run the Dark Team, but i think the Zeus Team should be more reliable...
Like you said, I get killed on 5 and 9. On 5 because I cant get my Echidna online round 5 if there are no masks, on 9, most of the time because of a no heart orbs streak :/

I could also run the Dark Team, but i think the Zeus Team should be more reliable...
Like you said, I get killed on 5 and 9. On 5 because I cant get my Echidna online round 5 if there are no masks, on 9, most of the time because of a no heart orbs streak :/
Yeah. I figured as much. Healing and skill charging is your biggest concern, especially with Zeus losing his leader skill at less than full health. Are you also using a Zeus helper? If so, you might want to give it a shot with a Loki helper and see how that works out. Even at less than full health, you'll still get that 2x Dark ATK, and the 2x RCV will help with healing. Try your best to charge Echidna before stage 5. The 2x RCV should help with that. Always kill the Demons first. And if they appear, I like to leave the Moltdras alive as long as possible. They sometimes convert Dark orbs to Light, so there's less of a chance of killing them. Though, with Zeus you can still accidentally kill it, albeit with a lower chance of doing so.

Limit

So after close to a hundred rerolls I have the following options for doing my first playthrough:

Persephone, Dino Rider, Amon, Ares, Belial, Water Mech Warrior Midgard, Leviathan, Uriel, Gryps Rider, Beast Rider, Siegfried, Dragon Rider, and Gabriel.

I see that Ares is on the top tier list alongside Archangel Lucifer but Lucifer's Morning Star skill seems so useful compared to every other 5 star pokemon I have come across so far. Should I continue with my reroll Lucifer hunt or just go with one the above listed options?

raiot

Damn, got owned again by the demons... 1 turn away from Echidna skill, both on 1 turn timer, both double hit, the light one has 1 sliver of health left... F * * * :(

So after close to a hundred rerolls I have the following options for doing my first playthrough:

Persephone, Dino Rider, Amon, Ares, Belial, Water Mech Warrior Midgard, Leviathan, Uriel, Gryps Rider, Beast Rider, Siegfried, Dragon Rider, and Gabriel.

I see that Ares is on the top tier list alongside Archangel Lucifer but Lucifer's Morning Star skill seems so useful compared to every other 5 star pokemon I have come across so far. Should I continue with my reroll Lucifer hunt or just go with one the above listed options?
Wow. That's a lot of rerolls. Must've taken a long time. I'd go ahead and start with Ares. And if you happened to pick the Fire Dragon as your starter, even better. They have great synergy. And when you ultimate evolve the Dragon, you can switch between using it and Ares as leaders, depending on which Fire helpers are available in your helper list.

Cerity

You're better off just playing through the game with whatever roll you get the first time around IMO. Get a hold of the mechanics and the feel of the game - then decide whether your luck is that bad.

Not much point spending all this time rerolling and not exactly knowing how the game works. Especially considering you'll get your first 5 or so rolls relatively painlessly, the first roll isn't that important in the bigger picture.

Yaari

5-16 ~ 5-23

http://pad.neocyon.com/event/view.aspx?id=57

- Angel / Indian godfest
- Daily magic stone
- 2x king appearance
- 2x drop daily dungoen, 1.5x coin weekend
- 2x skill-up
- PAL event for evo mats
- I'm not sure what the 8th item is, perhaps someone fluent in Korean could enlighten us.

Apparently it does mention Pengdra Village. And a descended dungeon.

That is KOREA's event, starting tomorrow. Reason I post that, is because US often copies it. And it means we should get something tomorrow aswell.

As for rerolling;
I'd still say, take those extra few days with rerolls. If you can get a Lucifer there then you will be happy you did.

Kosh

[US] 5/15/2013
Ruby Dragons 20 stamina, 5 rounds

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A: 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00
E: 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00

~The schedule is subject to change~

raiot

Hm, this team is good but so random... 1 bad combo drop and echidna is not ready for the demons... managed to beat it 3 times in a row without spending a stone, now I'm waiting for more max lvl Loki friends to relog.

Radav

Hmm that Korea event answered a question I had about Angels and Demons. Angels got paired with something other then demons! I still won't be rolling but, it's good to know they can get paired with something else. I don't think the demons are all that great. I would love to see an Angels + Greek godfest, I know it's not likely but a guy can dream. lol Kinda disappointed we might not get a bunch of descended dungeons. I guess I'll just continue farming XP stuff.

J0dy77

Don't burn yourself out, Ares is a great mob to build around. Not much you can't accomplish without him.

Wait for a god event to keep making more rolls and use the Ares account until then. It's really hard to pull one mob.

Off topic: Anyone here play I AM MT? Nearly everything other than matching orbs is SUPER similar to PnD. Its actually really well made and looks great on iphone. I downloaded it last night and am enjoying it thusfar when I don't have stamina.

Here is a quick review of it. http://www.gamezebo.com/games/i-am-mt/review

One thing I found myself liking a lot is that once the "battle" starts, you don't have to pay that much attention. I was watching Back to the Future 2 and just glanced down every now and then to make sure everything was still rolling cause all you really do is move forward. Simple and fun for those that want the P&D experience but for the ones that don't want to devote all their attention to.

If the game picks up and gaf starts getting into it, I may re-roll. I don't think my first "rare" monster is that great.

J0dy77

Off topic: Anyone here play I AM MT? Nearly everything other than matching orbs is SUPER similar to PnD. Its actually really well made and looks great on iphone. I downloaded it last night and am enjoying it thusfar when I don't have stamina.

I tried a bunch of the similar PAD games, stuck with Tower of Saviors for a little while. I still like a lot of the ideas they have in that game but got bored with it. I'll give this one a shot.

I tried a bunch of the similar PAD games, stuck with Tower of Saviors for a little while. I still like a lot of the ideas they have in that game but got bored with it. I'll give this one a shot.

I'm the same way. This one seems to have solid staying power imo. Its really well polished and looks fantastic. Plus they took everything that was great about P&D and seemed to have implemented it (other than matching orbs lol). Friends list, roaming explorers, fusions, monsters, pulls, probably even trolls people as well lol. Stamina refills much quicker too. 1 every 5 minutes instead of 10. It starts you out at 120 as well. I was able to play about 1 1/2 hours last night and didnt even get down to 40 maybe. So it lets you play a ton right out the gate.

I just noticed the game last night while browsing thee top free games on iOS store, so it looks to be gaining momentum.

Finally got through Master.

Went ultra defensive. No risk of dieing, but it took a hella long time.

Cyberdragon (50 resist)
D/D Hades
Lilith
Siren (for dat RCV)
Rainbow
L/L Venus (60 resist)

...no drop. dammit.

J0dy77

Finally got through Master.

Went ultra defensive. No risk of dieing, but it took a hella long time.

Cyberdragon (50 resist)
D/D Hades
Lilith
Siren (for dat RCV)
Rainbow
L/L Venus (60 resist)

...no drop. dammit.

Try this team:

light resist:

Rainbow Keeper X2
Best Green Monster
Best Dark Monster

Isis friend. As long as you take your HP around 14k you can survive anything. Bring a decent amount of RCV for the final boss. Only real risk is round 5 and getting your light resist locked out. Use the rainbow defense if you get in trouble. I might even try bringing 3 Rainbows to be safer.

It's a really easy team to build but has it's risk but should get everyone through Master.

Try this team:

light resist:

Rainbow Keeper X2
Best Green Monster
Best Dark Monster

Isis friend. As long as you take your HP around 14k you can survive anything. Bring a decent amount of RCV for the final boss. Only real risk is round 5 and getting your light resist locked out. Use the rainbow defense if you get in trouble. I might even try bringing 3 Rainbows to be safer.

It's a really easy team to build but has it's risk but should get everyone through Master.

Will try it next time, thanks.

I'm disappointed that its Angel/Indian. I really want some one of the Angels (any of them would be nice but mostly Lucifer and less so Raphael) but I have all the useful Indian gods. I know that's a dumb thing to complain about.

Am I wrong in thinking that the demons are in general worse than the angels? I guess they have better stats but how good/useful is the counterattack? And their leader skills are all over the place.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Try this team:

light resist:

Rainbow Keeper X2
Best Green Monster
Best Dark Monster

This is what I've been telling everyone. Nobody seemed to listen to me though, haha. 2x light resist + 2x rainbow keeper + any + any = master joke.

ccbfan

God King Tier: Isis, Horus, Archangel Lucifer, Ares, Hermes, Artemis, Freyr, Freyja, Idunn & Idunna, Odin the War Deity [Blue Odin]

Top Tier: Apollo, Persephone, Shiva, Lakshmi, Parvati, Vritra, Indra, Loki, Odin [Green Odin],

Okay Tier: Baal, Bastet, Hades, Neptune, Ceres, Venus, Yomi, Amaterasu, Viper Orochi, Thor, Valkyrie

Sick of Rerolling: Minerva, Siegfried the Blue Champion, Cu Chulainn the Green Spear, Ancient Dragon Knight

These seem really off to me.

I think the tri color 1.5 Gods should be up with the God King Tier. 3-3-1.5 teams are very good, just a more defensive version of the 2-4-2 teams. The only issue is red teams have a little issue with RCV but if you run dual Enchiladas you can overcome that.

Neptune, Ama, Orochi and Bastet on the same tier as Yomi, Venus, Ceres?

Not sure why Vritra is top tier. Its one of the worst Gods in the game. Its only use is on sturdy teams. I would put it as troll tier with the riders where you get excited when you see a gold egg then disappointed when you see its Vritra.

J0dy77

I think the tri color 1.5 Gods should be up with the God King Tier. 3-3-1.5 teams are very good, just a more defensive version of the 2-4-2 teams. The only issue is red teams have a little issue with RCV but if you run dual Enchiladas you can overcome that.

Not sure why Vritra is top tier. Its one of the worst Gods in the game. Its only use is on sturdy teams. I would put it as troll tier with the riders where you get excited when you see a gold egg then disappointed when you see its Vritra.

Neptune, Ama and Orochi are in there for their abilities and being the only mobs in the game that have them. Viper is irreplaceable on some teams/dungeons for the long delay, if you need poison Neptune dwarfs Lilith.

I have Venus and Ceres but would take the other gods over them any time.

J0dy77

hes not using 2x resists though. Just 1 resist + isis for damage.

Which is fair - 2x resist is safer, resist + Isis = more damage. But Master level dungeon is a joke this time.

The double resist that Nico is mentioning makes the dungeon very safe and easy but will take a while. The Isis team is riskier but can clear master in 10 minutes.

The last run I did I stalled to charge the 3 rainbows and used one as soon as I got to the Chimera. I wiped both in 3 turns. Very easy and less risk of getting locked out. The boss is tricky when he starts spamming plasma cannon, just pay attention and stagger skills.

zroid

Banned
I can't seem to find this on the Canadian App Store. Is there something specific I should be doing?

edit: bah, only on Android so far? oh wellz

ccbfan

Neptune, Ama and Orochi are in there for their abilities and being the only mobs in the game that have them. Viper is irreplaceable on some teams/dungeons for the long delay, if you need poison Neptune dwarfs Lilith.

I have Venus and Ceres but would take the other gods over them any time.

Thats what I'm saying.

Neptune, Ama and Orochi >>>>>>>>Yomi, Venus, Ceres, they shouldn't be in the same tier.

J0dy77

Thats what I'm saying.

Neptune, Ama and Orochi >>>>>>>>Yomi, Venus, Ceres, they shouldn't be in the same tier.

Gotcha. I think part of the reasoning there is that they're such good team members (can't rely on your friend list for them). The dual resists are very useful as leaders and their stats when busty evolved and lvl 99 are amazing. Ceres for example has 2500+ HP and 750 RCV with a dual atk at almost 1300.

I used Holy ceres in my horus team for a while until I fully evolved Chu Chu the hero to replace her. Stats are still very close but Chu's skill works better on the team.

So I'm enjoying that I am MT game quite a bit it has a lot of the similar things I like about P&D, blah blah previous post........

anyways..I go to see if that developer has any other games and holy shit..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs7OIFSZM9o

IDENTICAL. I downloaded it, and even the tutorial is the same. I deleted it just cause its the same exact game. My first pull it gave me was shit too lol. The resolution and font was handled better but everything else I liked P&D.

I'm just amazed it hasn't been taken down or something. I mean a similar game can copy elements here and there but this game is about a 99% CLONE.

I would've preferred a combined Angels/Demons event, but this isn't a surprise since GungHo split past events, too. I guess the positive tradeoff is that we get 2 bonus weeks instead of 1.

Hm, this team is good but so random... 1 bad combo drop and echidna is not ready for the demons... managed to beat it 3 times in a row without spending a stone, now I'm waiting for more max lvl Loki friends to relog.
Yeah. Having Echidna charged for stage 5 is the key, because the Demons appear with 1-turn counters over half the time in my experience. If she's not charged, then you either have to hope they have different countdowns, or that you're able to kill one of them in a single attack. One tip I forgot to mention that may help you with skill charging is: When the board fills with Dark orbs to the point where it's hard to avoid making a damaging match, then try to clear as much of the Dark orbs off the board in a single turn. Then with most of the Dark orbs cleared, you can continue charging your skills for several turns without killing things off, barring an unlucky cascade of course. And again, if Moltdras show up, try to save them as the last monster on screen, because they sometimes convert Dark orbs to Light, making it easier to charge skills without killing it. I've cleared Legendary 12 times, now, and I usually have my 11-turn CD Echidna charged by the second or third stage.

BTW, I put up my Loki.

I don't agree with everything either, but I think it would be impossible to get a consensus. As for Vritra, it's not as bad as it used to be since it got its ultimate form. Now you can create a 2/4/2 Dragon team with Vritra and Indra leaders. Of course it would've been even better if GungHo didn't drop the God type from their leader skills.

The thing about tier lists, is that they're much more helpful if they were accompanied by write-ups, explaining what makes each monster good. But that obviously defeats the purpose of a brief, to the point list. But if there were explanations, then we'd understand the rankings better.

raiot

My biggest problem are 4 monsters on the same timer... if I do a single match, I'm dead, if i do da 2x or 3x combo, all will die :( This happens far too often

Sounds like Zeus is making your attacks too powerful. 6x ATK plus weakness is giving you 12x ATK against Light monsters compared to 8x ATK that I get with dual Lokis. Yeah, those sweep or die rounds suck when you're trying to charge skills. Anyway, my box is now full until Plant day, so I won't be running any more dungeons until then. I put my Loki back up, and will take any helper requests I see/receive.

J0dy77

So I'm enjoying that I am MT game quite a bit it has a lot of the similar things I like about P&D, blah blah previous post........

anyways..I go to see if that developer has any other games and holy shit..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs7OIFSZM9o

IDENTICAL. I downloaded it, and even the tutorial is the same. I deleted it just cause its the same exact game. My first pull it gave me was shit too lol. The resolution and font was handled better but everything else I liked P&D.

I'm just amazed it hasn't been taken down or something. I mean a similar game can copy elements here and there but this game is about a 99% CLONE.

There are a lot of these out there not just this one, although this one is the most identical. I tried a bunch of them but not of them stuck the way PAD has.

Anyone got a Water/Light Neptune? Looking to do ancient light dragon on legend.
Just put mine up. It's Lvl.58.

Thing is, I wouldn't be playing PAD if it wasn't for the community. Part of the fun is discussing strategy, helping people out, and sharing good and bad luck stories. I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure none of those clones have strong communities behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom