• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagernaut

I just beat the Ancient Light dragon on master with Lightning Holy Dragon and Fertility Deity Holy Ceres leaders. My subs were Duke Vampire Lord, Chaos Devil Dragon, Lilith, and a Rainbow Keeper. I'm glad the dragon dropped because it took a while to complete. I had to use Ceres' heal and Rainbow Keepers skill once.

Anyone else make it a point to get all the special dungeon Dragons, but never actually use them? I have all the Sky Dragons and Legendary Dragons, but I don't use nor have I leveled any of them. They're just sitting in my box taking up space, and some even have +eggs on them. I'm thinking I should just feed/sell them off. Even the tricolor Whiskey Dragons aren't appealing to me. I'm only going to level the Light and Dark ones, since they're not weak against anything and might work well on Resolve/Perseverance teams with their low cooldowns. But for coventional teams, I prefer the Mechanical and yet unreleased Sengoku Dragons.

Anyone else make it a point to get all the special dungeon Dragons, but never actually use them? I have all the Sky Dragons and Legendary Dragons, but I don't use nor have I leveled any of them. They're just sitting in my box taking up space, and some even have +eggs on them. I'm thinking I should just feed/sell them off. Even the tricolor Whiskey Dragons aren't appealing to me. I'm only going to level the Light and Dark ones, since they're not weak against anything and might work well on Resolve/Perseverance teams with their low cooldowns. But for coventional teams, I prefer the Mechanical and yet unreleased Sengoku Dragons.

They're basically trophies for you to look at as far as I'm concerned, especially with their high team cost.

xCobalt

Yeah, I'm thinking off feeding them to my other monsters. I also have a few of those dual coloured dragons which I don't have a use for atm. Only thing keeping me from feeding them off is the small possibility Gungho might add an additional evolution to them.

Cerity

r8wlSCo.jpg
c3xe9jx.jpg

massoluk

Banned
More than two dozen Dragon plants. Just sitting on my box when what I really need right now are half a dozen Dragon fruits, but I'm too paranoid to get rid of them because plants hoarding habits has been instilled into me.Give me some fruits already, Thursday

Kosh

[US] 5/16/2013
Metal Dragons 15 stamina, 5 rounds
PLANTS! PLANTS! PLANTS!

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A: 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00
B: 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00
D: 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
E: 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00

~The schedule is subject to change~

So far Mech Hadar gets use along with the Whiskeys. Love that Whiskey skill, waiting for a 2x skill event as I'm sitting on 6 Green ones.

Speaking of events....looks like everyone has one except us?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So that's where all my plants went. 3 runs this morning so far and 0 plants and fruit. My luck has gone south on plants ever since the new version.

Yeah, I did 5 runs and finally accrued enough plants to evolve some of my pengdras. I'm finally at the point where I'm waiting on colored dragons again. But my first two runs yielded 0 plants. 3rd gave me my first, and the next two gave me 2 each. Thursday is the only day I ever spend a stone on stam.

Yaari

I'm currently running out of Red Dragons before I run out of plants, so I can keep constantly evolving my Pengdra as long as I don't use Magic Stones to refill, which is nice.

Event will start tomorrow. With Lightless Devil's Nest, which features Vampire.

As I said on the PAD Forum, some of this stuff comes so late that it is absolutely pointless. Lol. I think everyone 2-3 months in, already has this stuff.

Either way, Godfest should also occur shortly after. Details should come up later today.

J0dy77

Yeah, I did 5 runs and finally accrued enough plants to evolve some of my pengdras. I'm finally at the point where I'm waiting on colored dragons again. But my first two runs yielded 0 plants. 3rd gave me my first, and the next two gave me 2 each. Thursday is the only day I ever spend a stone on stam.

For a while before the new version I was casually tracking my plant rate, I was pulling a plant per every 3-5 stamina. It seems to a lot worse after the patch.

Radav

I just wanna know why GungHo drags their heels so much on new Descended dungeons. JP gets a random one on what seems like a weekly basis.

This really bugs me too. Why not spread them out a bit more for us. Instead of dumping them all on us for 1 week then giving us nothing for a month.

As for plant farming so far today. I've gotten 7 Dragon Fruit and 31 Dragon Plants in 19 runs.. o.0 This was highlighted by two 4 plant runs in a row and a run where I got 2 Fruit and 2 Plants. RNG man.... RNG

I'm currently running out of Red Dragons before I run out of plants, so I can keep constantly evolving my Pengdra as long as I don't use Magic Stones to refill, which is nice.

As I said on the PAD Forum, some of this stuff comes so late that it is absolutely pointless. Lol. I think everyone 2-3 months in, already has this stuff.

Either way, Godfest should also occur shortly after. Details should come up later today.

Vampire eh? Guess I should get one of them :D

I just wanna know why GungHo drags their heels so much on new Descended dungeons. JP gets a random one on what seems like a weekly basis.

US is the bastard child

This really bugs me too. Why not spread them out a bit more for us. Instead of dumping them all on us for 1 week then giving us nothing for a month.

As for plant farming so far today. I've gotten 7 Dragon Fruit and 31 Dragon Plants in 19 runs.. o.0 This was highlighted by two 4 plant runs in a row and a run where I got 2 Fruit and 2 Plants. RNG man.... RNG

After my first 3 runs, I had 11 Seeds. I'm good on Seeds guys, thanks.

mercviper

So, I think I have a cobbled together a somewhat viable team to clear legend whiskey, I just need to actually remember to use my actives. It's just a vamp lord leader with 3 rainbows + echidna, running with an evolved loki helper. Just charge echidna for devils and use rainbows if necessary for lilith, recharge skills again on whiskey. When he powers up, you use your actives like rainbow/rainbow/echidna/rainbow, or rainbow/echidna/rainbow/rainbow to give you relatively safe windows for using vamp's skill 3 times. Once at the beginning, once with echidna, and finally at the end. If you don't kill him in that timeframe then your team is still too weak.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
yeah you def need a max skill vamp for it.

One day, haha.

Unrelated, is it worth leveling a Healer Girl team, or would the HP be too low to be viable in harder dungeons? I've got like 9 Pengdras to feed up, but I don't want to waste them on a non-viable team.

xCobalt

One day, haha.

Unrelated, is it worth leveling a Healer Girl team, or would the HP be too low to be viable in harder dungeons? I've got like 9 Pengdras to feed up, but I don't want to waste them on a non-viable team.

Before, a healer team wasn't too great because of the lower hp but I think they are a bit more viable since the updates. The Blue ninja and Freyja are now healers and they provide some pretty good stats and decent leader skills.

Sweet, now I will be able to clear it (last time it dropped back in January, I could only run the lower two levels). Hopefully I will get more vampires than I got Dark Mystic Knights (ran the hardest dungeon 10-12 times, no drops).

Godfest this weekend or early next week?

StMeph

One day, haha.

Isn't Valkyrie healer girls + Orochi friend one of the standard teams for a Hera clear?

I think healers as a TEAM are just very situational. But individually, they are incredibly important subs, especially Siren (often x2) and Echidna.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Isn't Valkyrie healer girls + Orochi friend one of the standard teams for a Hera clear?

I think healers as a TEAM are just very situational. But individually, they are incredibly important subs, especially Siren (often x2) and Echidna.

I run Valk/Valk + Echidna, 2x Siren, and Lilith. But again, HP is pretty low.

I've always felt like the Valkyrie team is not worth it. An ADK team is easier to build, has higher HP, and has higher attack. I can understand the need for Valk/Orochi but a dual Valk team seems unnecessary.

Yeah. I liked when we got the Dragon Guardian dungeon for a whole week, with it ending with a 2x drop rate the way the these weekly Dragon dungeons do. I'd rather have a Descended dungeon for a whole week every week, then 3-4 of them for a single day each throughout 1 week. It's just too hectic that way, and requires an all-day blitz if you're trying to max skill those monsters.

Guilty as charged. I just want another crack at the Mech Dragons.

A healer team will be amazing whenever they create a 2x atk/2x hp to healer character character.

I hope Valk gets a new Leader Ability.

I hope Valk gets a new Leader Ability.
3x to healers purportedly. Should make for a potent combination with the light sticker girl who gives 2.5x HP to healers.

On the other hand the chance we get the sticker girls is lower than Mechdragon drop rate on Adept and I've never seen one on the explorer list, so.

Slottm

Neo Member
Sweet, now I will be able to clear it (last time it dropped back in January, I could only run the lower two levels). Hopefully I will get more vampires than I got Dark Mystic Knights (ran the hardest dungeon 10-12 times, no drops).

Godfest this weekend or early next week?

Vampire drop rate from this dungeon is abysmal. Don't get your hopes up. Might honestly be better chain running COS

3x to healers purportedly. Should make for a potent combination with the light sticker girl who gives 2.5x HP to healers.

On the other hand the chance we get the sticker girls is lower than Mechdragon drop rate on Adept and I've never seen one on the explorer list, so.

Sticker girls? Is that kind of like the griffon / kraken in the sky dragon stages from a month ago? Except in the mechdragon stages? I hope we get the mechdragons next, I really want that red one and I think I've got a great shot at legendary.

Do the sticker girls have an EVO?

Nah, they were only available from a promo code you got from buying a physical pack of stickers:
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=416

For example. We have a slightly higher chance of getting them than the collab dungeons because they don't have any copyright associated with them; they were purely created for PAD. You'll even see Mitsuki as a boss in the Goemon and Shingen dungeons (she doesn't drop of course).

Also time travel shows we're getting event tomorrow... just that GungHo hasn't announced it yet for who knows what reason.

What's the standard ADK team?
I don't know if there's a consensus standard, but here's my take at a couple possible builds:

If you're going mono Wood:

ADK
ADK
Fortoytops
Wood Mech or Whiskey
Echidna
ADK

For Wood/Dark:
ADK
ADK
Wood or Dark Mech or Whiskey
CDK
CDK
ADK

The third ADK can be subbed-out for anything else, also. Only the 2 leaders are really necessary. Fortunately Dragons are a plentiful monster type if you need filler monsters.

I personally run the Wood/Dark variant I listed with the Wind Mech for 4 Wood and 2 Dark monsters. I swap out the Mech for an Earth Knight for armor break when I'm farming Neptune's dungeon. However, I now use my latest Heavy Metal Dragon acquisition instead of ADK leader. But I only have 3 friends who also have one, so far.

Cerity

awesome heroes descended and poring tower, wonder if i can grab a highlander.

*Forget Winter - Summer is Coming!*
[Duration]: 5/17, 12:00 AM (PDT) - 5/24, 11:59 PM (PDT)

I don’t care what the King in the North says, here in southern California things are heating up quickly! What better way to herald the changing of the seasons than an awesome Puzzle & Dragons event.

(STAY TUNED TO THE FACEBOOK: more event updates may be on the way soon!)

Daily Free Magic Stone
[Duration]: 5/17, 4:00 AM (PDT) - 5/24 3:59 AM (PDT)
Magic Stones will be distributed as late as 4:00 AM (PDT) the following day.

Awesome Daily Bonuses
[Duration]: 5/17 – 5/24
x2 King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We may even have a special visit from the Super King Metal Dragons again!]
x2 Drops/x1.5 Coins for special daily Dungeons
x2 Skill Up rate
Rare Evo Materials at the Pal Egg Machine - Including the Keeper of Rainbow

And each day of the event we will have special Event Dungeons available:
(Each lasting for 24 hrs)

5/17 - Lightless Devils' Nest
5/18 - Heroes Descended
5/19 - Tower of Poring
5/20 - Dark Night Sword
5/21 - Blade of Justice
5/22 - Dragon Guardian
5/23 - Tower of Jewel
5/24 - Hera Descended

Can you master all 8 dastardly dungeons?

Don’t forget to recruit your friends - onward to 50,000 LIKES!!!!!

*Events subject to change: see event policy here
http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

Forget Winter - Summer is Coming!
5/17, 12:00 AM (PDT) - 5/24, 11:59 PM (PDT)

I don’t care what the King in the North says, here in southern California things are heating up quickly! What better way to herald the changing of the seasons than an awesome Puzzle & Dragons event.

(STAY TUNED TO THE FACEBOOK: more event updates may be on the way soon!)

Daily Free Magic Stone
5/17, 4:00 AM (PDT) - 5/24 3:59 AM (PDT)
Magic Stones will be distributed as late as 4:00 AM (PDT) the following day.

Awesome Daily Bonuses
5/17 – 5/24
x2 King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We may even have a special visit from the Super King Metal Dragons again!]
x2 Drops/x1.5 Coins for special daily Dungeons
x2 Skill Up rate
Rare Evo Materials at the Pal Egg Machine - Including the Keeper of Rainbow

And each day of the event we will have special Event Dungeons available:
(Each lasting for 24 hrs)

5/17 - Lightless Devils' Nest
5/18 - Heroes Descended
5/19 - Tower of Poring
5/20 - Dark Night Sword
5/21 - Blade of Justice
5/22 - Dragon Guardian
5/23 - Tower of Jewel
5/24 - Hera Descended

Edit: Beaten.

Cerity

*Rare Egg Machine Update*
[Duration]: 5/17, 12:00 AM (PDT) - 5/23, 11:59 PM (PDT)

The Shadow Waltz has begun. Give in to the music of the night with a fine sampling of dark denizens.

23 Dark Attribute Monsters will pop out at level 30!

Event includes:

Archangel Lucifer #628
Fallen Angel Lucifer #638
Persephone #575
Hattori Hanzo #563
Anubis #498
Loki #376
Vritra #244
Yomi #140
Hades #130
Lilith, the Witch of the Night #205
Chaos Dragon Knight #233

... and MORE!

*While other Monsters are still available, only Dark Attribute Monsters have the chance to appear at level 30.

this too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom