• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I agree. The real draw for me is the 2x RCV/HP. The active skill is cool but certainly not broken.
The leader skill combined with his active is the reason why Lucifer is so desirable; otherwise we'd be lusting after D/D Lucifer too since he has the same active. An effectively 75% blanket resist against all elements is too good.

Lucifer gets a slight edge over Loki for that survivability factor alone, but I ran Loki/Luci on JP to zero/low stone Two Heroes. When (not if) GH comes out with the 2/2/1 dark leader Loki will get betterer.

geekamania

Neo Member
Lucked up & got an Archangel Lucifer on my seventh reroll. Can't use him yet though because his cost (25) is higher than what you're allowed at the start (24).

Radav

Well the RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away. I was about to toss my touchpad out the door till on the last of 12 runs I got 2 Kings. So 6 kings and 4 Highs total. Not great but not super terrible either. Only need 3 more levels to max out Hera. Hopefully I can finish her off the next time we get regular metals.

Tomorrow could be an expensive day stonewise for me. I need 17 Gold Kings to max out Ra and I need to get a highlander to put the finishing touch on my favorite mono colored team. Could be refilling stamina a bunch.

2 Hereos :

Anyone run it with a mono-color team? If so, what HPs are needed?

With Parv+Artemis, I can get close to 32-33k HPs. Team includes Parv (81), Ancient Wood Dragon (43), Ceres (62), ADK (66), ADK (52), high lvl Artemis (I'm looking at you Woody).

I'm thinking I might need to switch up the Wood Dragon for Shiva or Lilith to break through the Highlander.

Slottm

Neo Member
Ive beaten it with mono green, used freyja/adk/echidna/susano/windmech/artemis in the past when I had around 23k HP (id recommend something like 25 or 26k, enough to take a hit from 3 vamps in 1 turn if possible). You need to be able to break through his armor without wasting a monster slot on shiva or a golem...breaking 16k really isn't that hard with a mono team.

Radav

2 Hereos :

With Parv+Artemis, I can get close to 32-33k HPs. Team includes Parv (81), Ancient Wood Dragon (43), Ceres (62), ADK (66), ADK (52), high lvl Artemis (I'm looking at you Woody).

I'm thinking I might need to switch up the Wood Dragon for Shiva or Lilith to break through the Highlander.

I'll be interested in hearing people's responses to this. The last time we got this I found out the hard way that my setup using Dark/Wood Ceres + Abyss Neptune didn't work as well as I would have hoped.

Jagernaut

I am going to try 2 Heroes with a Blue Noel team:

Blue Noel leader
Abyss Neptune
Ancient Water Dragon Bowmore
Siren - max skill
Siren - max skill
Blue Noel leader

Assuming I don't level them up anymore I will have 32,848 Hp, 4,853 Atk, and 8,700 Rcv. My Neptune does 5,120 poison damage per turn.

I need a Highlander and Berserk for my green and blue teams.

mercviper

I'll be interested in hearing people's responses to this. The last time we got this I found out the hard way that my setup using Dark/Wood Ceres + Abyss Neptune didn't work as well as I would have hoped.

I'm feeling pretty confident I can run it with my mono-red team. With 4x atk + weakness multiplier I only need a base 2100 damage to break the defense. Some of my Ares friends have that much just by themselves. and anything with 1k atk will just require 2 red matches to break it.

Edit: I overfarmed baddies when skilling my vamp last time and I still have them about 10 extra ready to evolve. Would it be worth it to get a second vamp to max skill?

Ive beaten it with mono green, used freyja/adk/echidna/susano/windmech/artemis in the past when I had around 23k HP (id recommend something like 25 or 26k, enough to take a hit from 3 vamps in 1 turn if possible). You need to be able to break through his armor without wasting a monster slot on shiva or a golem...breaking 16k really isn't that hard with a mono team.

Blue Noel leader
Abyss Neptune
Siren - max skill
Siren - max skill
Blue Noel leader

Assuming I don't level them up anymore I will have 32,848 Hp, 4,853 Atk, and 8,700 Rcv. My Neptune does 5,120 poison damage per turn.

Oh great. Thanks! Will probably need Echidna, especially for the masks.

Aside : 6 metal dragon runs, 1 king...2 highs. Awesome.

Colby

Blue Noel leader
Abyss Neptune
Siren - max skill
Siren - max skill
Blue Noel leader

I used something similar to this when I did it. It's slow, but works. Neptune is a must-have. I only have one Siren, so I think I used a Rainbow Keeper instead of a second Siren, but I can't remember.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Fed 2 goblins to my second siren, got my 2 final skill ups. Fed 4 green knights to my ADK...Nothing. 2 vamps to my vamp...Fail. Whatever, 2 max Sirens is nice to have.

ccbfan

Blue Noel leader
Abyss Neptune
Siren - max skill
Siren - max skill
Blue Noel leader

I've done a

Blue Noel leader
Succubus
Siren - max skill
Siren - max skill
Blue Noel leader

before which is basically a weaker version of your party.

Took forever but was never in danger.

xCobalt

2 Hereos :

I did it with a mono-dark team. This strategy focused on high damage rather than survivability. The team was Loki, 2x Rainbow Keeper, Hera, CDK with a Vampire lord friend. I think i spent 1 or 2 stones for each run but managed to get both drops in 2 runs.

Jagernaut

I've done a

Blue Noel leader
Succubus
Siren - max skill
Siren - max skill
Blue Noel leader

before which is basically a weaker version of your party.

Took forever but was never in danger.

My Neptune's poison does 20 times more damage than a maxed Succubus, I don't think I would have the patience to try it with that team.

Radav

I'm definitely going Mono-green I just can't decide whether I should go with Parv/Artemis or Artemis/Freyja. Ok so, feel free to toss some advice my way.

Here's the Wood stuff I have at my disposal.

ADK x 2 1 of which is level 50 with +30 ATK and 6 turn CD.
69 Dark/Wood Ceres
75 Green Odin
55 Artemis
62 Parvati
99 Susano

I think I'd like to take a page from Slottm and use my max skill Echidna as part of the team for those oh crap moments. What do you think my best team with this group would be?

Lumiere

Neo Member
I'm feeling pretty confident I can run it with my mono-red team. With 4x atk + weakness multiplier I only need a base 2100 damage to break the defense. Some of my Ares friends have that much just by themselves. and anything with 1k atk will just require 2 red matches to break it.
I want to try mono-red too. I also recently got a Toyceratops which I could use for the Blue/Green/Dark resist strategy, but it sounds so slow and I'm honestly worried about how to kill enemies with a team like that.

Maybe I'll try mono-red first, and if it doesn't work I'll switch to a resist team. :)

Jagernaut

not all of us have a Neptune though :D

I just pulled that Neptune at the last godfest. I tried 2 Heroes last time with a Lilith Witch of the Night and with 1 max skill Siren and 1 unskilled Siren. I reached the last stage but gave up because it was so slow and I didn't want to use stones when I ran out of hearts.

And there's the confirmation....
9874_628786900483239_1345257142_n.png

Rare Egg Machine Update: A Godfest Approaches
5/18, 8:00 PM (PDT) - 5/19, 7:59 PM (PDT)

Angels and the new Greek gods are scheduled to visit us this Saturday night.

They'll be at the Rare Egg Machine at TRIPLE DROP RATES!

Are you ready for them?

Luck in this game is pretty randomly infuriating. I have pulled re rolled on alt accounts maybe 100 times during god and color related fests and never got any of the great leaders. My friend rolled 3 times during the fire event and got Shiva. With his first 5 crystals on that account he pulled and got Ares. My jaw was on the floor.

lordcyno

I'm definitely going Mono-green I just can't decide whether I should go with Parv/Artemis or Artemis/Freyja. Ok so, feel free to toss some advice my way.

Here's the Wood stuff I have at my disposal.

ADK x 2 1 of which is level 50 with +30 ATK and 6 turn CD.
69 Dark/Wood Ceres
75 Green Odin
55 Artemis
62 Parvati
99 Susano

I think I'd like to take a page from Slottm and use my max skill Echidna as part of the team for those oh crap moments. What do you think my best team with this group would be?

I ran it with Artemis/Freyja green team in their early 60s (well the Freyja was probably a 99 helper) with ADK, More Cu Chulain, Parvati and Susano. Really only had problems with the vampires. First time I ran it, I couldn't kill a vampire very quickly since my combo combined with Freyja skill ended up being pretty weak but Susano let me tank the vampires until I killed one. Second time I killed a vampire really quickly and had no problems. Freyja's skill was pretty key for me to deal as much damage as I could quickly since I didn't have enough hp to survive a 3x vampire attack on the same timer at the time.

Jagernaut

I have an Ares, and I'm good with wood leaders since I have a Freyja and Parvati. I would like a Hermes, Persephone, Hades (still have no gravity users), and some Angels like Lucifer.

Radav

I ran it with Artemis/Freyja green team in their early 60s (well the Freyja was probably a 99 helper) with ADK, More Cu Chulain, Parvati and Susano. Really only had problems with the vampires. First time I ran it, I couldn't kill a vampire very quickly since my combo combined with Freyja skill ended up being pretty weak but Susano let me tank the vampires until I killed one. Second time I killed a vampire really quickly and had no problems. Freyja's skill was pretty key for me to deal as much damage as I could quickly since I didn't have enough hp to survive a 3x vampire attack on the same timer at the time.

Yeah I think that's going to be the way I go. That 1.5 x skill will be really handy for the vampires and Highlander.

I think I'll probably go.
Artemis - Parvati - Susano - ADK - Echidna - Frejya.

Losing Odin will be a big loss in terms of stats but the ability to create heart orbs is too good to pass up.

As for the godfest. I'm leaning towards passing or just rolling a few times to see if I can pick up an angel. I could use pretty much anything from that list + the off chance that a Hades would show up because of the dark event would be nice.

I want to try mono-red too. I also recently got a Toyceratops which I could use for the Blue/Green/Dark resist strategy, but it sounds so slow and I'm honestly worried about how to kill enemies with a team like that.

Maybe I'll try mono-red first, and if it doesn't work I'll switch to a resist team. :)

Same. I'm hoping I can do it with mine.

Pacman2k

Those of you rocking that double blue noel for 2 heroes - Did you find that you relied heavily on the max skill of the sirens?

I have 1 siren at max and 1 only at level 2 - hoping I can make that work? I'm generally pretty good with heart management but sometimes that just isnt enough.

Those of you rocking that double blue noel for 2 heroes - Did you find that you relied heavily on the max skill of the sirens?

I have 1 siren at max and 1 only at level 2 - hoping I can make that work? I'm generally pretty good with heart management but sometimes that just isnt enough.

I am going to try my hand at the Dual Blue Noel team as well. I only have one maxed skilled siren, but I do have a Blue Guardian (with it's 4k HP). I think 40k may be enough with the x2 HP/RCV. It will be slow though, but Bowmore and Neptune should help...

SaintR

Horrible luck today,,. on medal dragons...7 runs not a single king or high drop...did a pull and got a basilisk...
RNG going RNG. Hopefully you guys have better luck...ill take a break and use a stone later

Jagernaut

I ran the metal kings dungeon 6 times and only got 1 king and 2 high dragons. I usually get a king almost every run during 2x events. Anyone get good drops?

When was the last sapphire dragon? I've forget how long I've been holding on to these blue pengdras
I'd expect them tomorrow. The last 2 Jewel colors we got were Ruby and Emerald I think.

Is there any reason to keep 2 vampires?
I personally don't think so. But if you want a second one, at least Baddies are easily farmable. One max-skilled Duke has seemed to be enough for me. There are already 2 other Dark orb changers with CDK and HH(Hattori Hanzo).

Also, if anyone is planning to run the Super Metal Dungeon when it comes around, don't forget to save 3 Super Kings if you have or plan to get the Heavy Metal Dragon from the final normal dungeon. The evo materials are 3 Super Metal Kings and 2 Dragon Fruit.

Nista

Ran the Vamp dungeon at least 7 times today, no worthwhile drops at all. It's really a troll dungeon...

Going to try a blue noel team tomorrow for two heros, so if anyone wants to add me feel free. I'll probably need more sparkly dragon friends to farm it. :)

Kosh

[US] 5/18/2013
Heroes Descended for 24 hours
Ancient Light Dragon 2x drop starting 12:00 PDT.
Weekend Dungeon with x1.5 coins
Gold Dragons 20 stamina, 7 rounds, x2 king appearance

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A: 16:00
B: 10:00
C: 12:00
D: 14:00
E: 18:00

~The schedule is subject to change~

*Forget Winter - Summer is Coming!*

Daily Free Magic Stone
[Duration]: 5/17, 4:00 AM (PDT) - 5/24 3:59 AM (PDT)
Magic Stones will be distributed as late as 4:00 AM (PDT) the following day.

Godfest at the Rare Egg Machine
[Duration]: 5/18, 8:00 PM (PDT) - 5/19, 7:59 PM (PDT)

The following Gods will have 3x UP rate:

Ares 5★
Hermes 5★
Artemis 5★
Apollo 5★
Persephone 5★
Archangel Uriel 5★
Archangel Gabriel 5★
Archangel Michael 5★
Archangel Raphael 5★
Archangel Lucifer 5★

Awesome Daily Bonuses
[Duration]: 5/17 – 5/24
x2 King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We may even have a special visit from the Super King Metal Dragons again!]
x2 Drops/x1.5 Coins for special daily Dungeons
x2 Skill Up rate
Rare Evo Materials at the Pal Egg Machine - Including the Keeper of Rainbow

And each day of the event we will have special Event Dungeons available:
(Each lasting for 24 hrs)

5/18 - Heroes Descended (Berserk/Highlander)
5/19 - Tower of Poring (Skill ups!)
5/20 - Dark Night Sword (CDK)
5/21 - Blade of Justice (Verche)
5/22 - Dragon Guardian (ADK)
5/23 - Tower of Jewel (Plus... eggs...?)
5/24 - Hera Descended (...Boobs)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So is it worth rolling for a Seraph Lucifer? I was considering doing so on my iPad and starting fresh. I could just spend stones on my phone, sure...But if he really is that amazing, I could get him on my iPad and then roll on a fresh account to kit myself out. Worth it?

Yaari

So is it worth rolling for a Seraph Lucifer? I was considering doing so on my iPad and starting fresh. I could just spend stones on my phone, sure...But if he really is that amazing, I could get him on my iPad and then roll on a fresh account to kit myself out. Worth it?

Well, it does not cost you anything, and he is the most desired starter currently. At most it could take you some time. The good thing about Godfest is that you can start with whatever you want.

He's also by far the easiest to build a team around I'd say. Rainbow Keepers work well with him, and those are quite easy to get. From there on you can go to Hera and even Goemon. So yeah, I put money in my account but if I didnt, I'd start over for one.

1 stoned 2 Heroes. Only screw up because I went off the screen and got nuked on the Vamps. Seemed to get lucky with Skill timing and the boards.

Got the Highlander to drop, VERY awesome. Will replace one of the ADK's on my mono green team. Will probably try again for the Blue guy, now that I know I can do it.

Parv/Artemis team : 29k-ish HP

Radav

Two wins this morning on Two Heroes and got 2 Berserks. Of course I need Chu Chu to drop. Didn't get a skillup when I fed them to my King Siegfried either. I ended up running Parv/Artemis and both times it was a fairly easy run. I almost 1 shot the final floor in both runs. The 1st floor is definitely the scariest if you don't get any orbs of the color you need you could be in trouble. Damn Gungho for putting gold dragons today with this dungeon. Hopefully I don't need to run 2 Heroes too many more times to pick up Highlander.

Yaari

1 stoned 2 Heroes. Only screw up because I went off the screen and got nuked on the Vamps. Seemed to get lucky with Skill timing and the boards.

Got the Highlander to drop, VERY awesome. Will replace one of the ADK's on my mono green team. Will probably try again for the Blue guy, now that I know I can do it.

Parv/Artemis team : 29k-ish HP

Who did you target first in the last stage

ParityBit

Anyone else sorta feeling overwhelmed with the number of new dungeons/monsters/etc? Seems like every time I turn around there is some dungeon to prepare for to run, but I never have time to prepare for the dungeon, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom